I have a problem...

ditta

Alhamdu'Lillaah
Staff member
Assalaamu'Alaykum,

My problem is in relation to using my time and what i should concentrate upon, i have information driving at me from various places at unusual speeds which i sometimes have difficulty to control and sometimes just want to stop and lie down for an hour.

If Brothers & Sisters have looked at the latest threads, they will see some posts by me.

Anyway, what i am getting at is, where should i place more importance towards my time?

On the 21st of July - my last post on the Belief in Allah thread - i felt it was informing Muslim Brothers & Sisters and non-muslims about Allah (subhaanahu wa ta'aala) which i felt was really helpful to me and my family as a whole. That's the reason you would see the "Belief in Allah" returning back to the top of Islamic Discussion thread.

If you look at the Learn Arabic section, you will see the thread created by a_brother - the Madinah Series Videos -, everything is fine in the thread itself but its more about me personally learning Arabic which is going fine Alhamdu'Lillaah, but again the problem is, do i put myself in front of my Brothers & Sisters?

I want to solely concentrate on this, but some posts really dishearten me and it shows the state of the Ummah, which is why i want to post more about the Fundamentals of Belief - and i urge everyone who hasn't fully checked the Islamic Library Section - Aqeedah and Tawheed to check it, as it contains valuable information. I want to post Islamic Rulings given by the Scholars regarding the innovated methodologies so others will be aware of them and stay away from them.

But the same problem arises, what do i give more priority to? What will achieve the greater good, so to speak?

Then i have another thread, that Islamic Glossary, its not complete and its pretty limited in terms of the words which is why i want to add to it, but sometimes i think - How in blue blazers will this be helpful?

I really want to fully concentrate on learning Arabic via the Videos in order to achieve a wish i want to share with you all - translate lectures and khutbahs given by the Scholars to English so others can take benefit. This maybe slightly distant at the minute, but i feel its in my reach and i can grab it with two strong hands with the help of my brothers and sisters.

If you haven't realised my problem through this post of different twists - Where should i dedicate my full time, energy and focus upon?

That's the reason sometimes i just want to lie down for 1 hour or two - to think and reflect.

Forgive me if i haven't made sense or if i forgot to add something.

Walaykum Salam

Aapa

Mirajmom
Salaam,

Take a nap. Let life unfold like a flower. Slowly so you have time to see and reflect. Pray and go in the direction that quences your thirst..gives you energy and peace...and now you are providing an opening for another brother or sister to help you..let someone else take over in the other areas.

xSharingan01x

TraVeLer
Saalam,

From what I understand your ultimate goal is to translate lectures and khutbas from Arabic to English? All the while you can do other things on the side to share knowledge and information which may benefit other brothers and sisters here? If so, I think you're doing well.
Don't stress yourself out brother, whatever information or thoughts that you're sharing with us Insallah it will benefit us.
I think you should give priority depending on the need of the brothers and sisters. Such approach only seems natural to me.
Depending on the subject of the thread, you would respond.

May Allah make your task of learning Arabic easier, Insallah you will be able to complete it soon . :)

Wasalam,

Shoaib

Saifadin_Qutuz

Nemesis of Decadence
salam,

do you like reading?

What I usually do is read books about Islamic history (specially durning the middle ages and the crusades)
I also like reading journals and diaries written by muslims who have lived during that age. Its awesome and makes a person relate to many things. At least in my opinion :)

ditta

Alhamdu'Lillaah
Staff member
Salaam,

Take a nap. Let life unfold like a flower. Slowly so you have time to see and reflect. Pray and go in the direction that quences your thirst..gives you energy and peace...and now you are providing an opening for another brother or sister to help you..let someone else take over in the other areas.

Walaykum Salam,

Ahh. Your few words have a great effect. You are right, i feel i know the direction that will quench my thirst fully, but i feel bad when i neglect a particular area which posts of such nature may not be added to the site. I feel as a believer its my responsibility to spread such information because i just see a lack of it. I know i will be questioned, which is the main reason i don't want to have the burden of being asked on the Day of Judgement about failing to spread such information.

The thing about me, if you hadn't noticed in the initial post, is if i read something that i find beneficial, the first thing i think about is telling my immediate family and then Brothers & Sisters on TTi, that is if it hasn't already been added to the website.

I will try to implement your advise, with Allah's help, He will make it easy.

I would just like to say, if there is an ounce of dis-respect from my post - in relation to the 5th paragraph, 4th line - i ask you to forgive me.

Alhamdu'Lillaah.

Aapa

Mirajmom
Salaam,

Son, no offense is ever taken. I have a burden of a lifetime of sins to repent. I am in no position to take offense. Your piety makes me humble.

a_brother

Make dua for us all
:wasalam: wa rahmatu Allah wa barakatuh brother :)

mashaAllah, you been doing a great work!!!

i know what you meet... I would say to go for something that interests you because you'll do best at what you like... you'll benefit yourself and get, InshaAllah, reward for your effort...

:salam2:

ditta

Alhamdu'Lillaah
Staff member
Saalam,

From what I understand your ultimate goal is to translate lectures and khutbas from Arabic to English? All the while you can do other things on the side to share knowledge and information which may benefit other brothers and sisters here? If so, I think you're doing well.
Don't stress yourself out brother, whatever information or thoughts that you're sharing with us Insallah it will benefit us.
I think you should give priority depending on the need of the brothers and sisters. Such approach only seems natural to me.
Depending on the subject of the thread, you would respond.

May Allah make your task of learning Arabic easier, Insallah you will be able to complete it soon . :)

Wasalam,

Shoaib

Walaykum Salam,

Jazaa-Kallaahu Khayr.

Subhan'Allaah, three replies already.

I would say the objective of translating lectures/khutbahs from Arabic to English, forms part of my whole goal - which in all honesty is in my heart which is forming everyday i learn more about the religion. [I am not sure whether that makes sense, but it does to me, Insha'Allaah it does to others.]

I will try my best not to stress myself out, as i am slightly fearing i may burn myself out, but i will try with Allah's help.

Ameen to your Du'a and may Allah reward those who produced the DVD's, originally uploaded them and make it easy for the brothers and sisters that are currently learning the language via the videos as well.

Ameen.

Alhamdu'Lillaah.

ditta

Alhamdu'Lillaah
Staff member
salam,

do you like reading?

What I usually do is read books about Islamic history (specially durning the middle ages and the crusades)
I also like reading journals and diaries written by muslims who have lived during that age. Its awesome and makes a person relate to many things. At least in my opinion :)

Walaykum Salam,

I do like reading, i have a book in relation to the Heroes of Islam, but it is minimal i would say for detail.

I understand to a certain extent, what you mean in terms of reading diaries or their own personal accounts of events, as it just affects your heart - actually like you said, you can relate to it.

I am not going to under-estimate the benefit of this reply, because the way that the Muslims of the past approached matters may prove to help me.

Jazaa-Kallaahu Khayr.

Alhamdu'Lillaah.

ditta

Alhamdu'Lillaah
Staff member
Salaam,

Son, no offense is ever taken. I have a burden of a lifetime of sins to repent. I am in no position to take offense. Your piety makes me humble.

Walaykum Salam,

Sister, i knew when i posted that a reply would appear from you. Jazaa-Killaahu Khayr.

Subhaan'Allah, when you say "your piety makes me humble", your replies grows my respect towards those more experienced in life. [<- i am trying to be careful with my choice of words]

I will be honest, when someone says good to another person/me it reminds me of this supplication in Fortress of the Muslim: [I am not sure whether it applies to when a another Muslim says it,]

O Allah, do not call me to account for what they say and forgive me for what they have no knowledge of [and make me better than they imagine].

[Al-Bukhari, Al-'Adabul-Mufrad no. 761. See Al-Albani, Sahih Al-'Adabul-Mufrad (no. 585). The portion between brackes is from Al-Bayhaqi, Shu'ab Al-Iman 4/228, and comes another account]

I would like to reiterate i don't know whether this applies to when a Muslim praises him [i.e. the other muslim] or when a non-Muslim says it.

Forgive me for my shortcomings.

Alhamdu'Lillaah.

:wasalam: wa rahmatu Allah wa barakatuh brother :)

mashaAllah, you been doing a great work!!!

i know what you meet... I would say to go for something that interests you because you'll do best at what you like... you'll benefit yourself and get, InshaAllah, reward for your effort...

Walaykum Salam,

Jazaa-Kallaahu Khayr for your post. I see what you mean, but as a Muslim i feel i have to try and be helpful as i can to my Brothers & Sisters with what i learn.

That's partly because of racing towards doing good deeds - so helping others which many Alhamdu'Lillaah excel in on this site.

Alhamdu'Lillaah.

halah

I'm not quite sure if I can say some thing helpful or not but indeed all your goals are great so why do you confuse and burden yourself,just pray (Istkharah prayer ) and ask Allah to guide you to what is the best and inshaa'Allah you'll be guided to what is more beneficial for you and for the others.

warda A

Sister

You have been given great advice mashalla
I would only tell you to not overburden yourself even though all posts are important. am sure you will manage your time to the most important thing you want to do and let others help in the other threads, learning arabic for the benefit of others is really great and inshalla you will be rewarded for your efforts,
your posts are always informative and we do need people who post with maturity and reason.
take a few minutes or hours and relax your mind and ask Allah Ta'ala to guide you to the correct decision.
:wasalam:

ditta

Alhamdu'Lillaah
Staff member
Assalaamu'Alaykum,

Jazaa-Humallaahu Khayr. ^ ^

This was very helpful and i should have done this first but that's what TTi is for, you can get advise from your Brothers & Sisters.

Alhamdu'Lillaah.

I appreciate all the replies and pray Allah rewards you with good. I have my answer now.

Walaykum Salam