I have made my final decision now

Status
Not open for further replies.

massi

hi there
is the purpose of this life is surfing in the net to watch movies and listen to music ??? and live in western culture ???
read carefully :
"........You should note that there is nothing in this world to feel regret for missing out on. For the Muslim, this world is a prison, and his Paradise and true enjoyment are in the Hereafter. As for the disbeliever, his paradise is in this world only, where he enjoys its delights, then his ultimate fate will be humiliation and loss.
Our Prophet Muhammad (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) told us that when he said: “This world is a prison for the believer and a paradise for the kaafir(disbeliever).” Narrated by Muslim (2956).
Our scholars explained it to us as follows:
Every believer who is imprisoned in this world and deprived of forbidden and abhorrent whims and desires is obliged to do difficult acts of obedience, but when he dies he will be relieved of that, and he will attain what Allaah has prepared for him of eternal delights and complete serenity that is not disturbed by anything.
As for the kaafir (disbeliever), he has whatever he gets of that in this world, although it is very little and it is disturbed by many problems and distresses, but when he dies, he will end up in eternal torment and misery.
Sharh al-Nawawi (18/93).
We hope that you will think about this matter and we hope that it will be the key that opens your heart to the truth.
Who told you that there is no enjoyment in Islam? We do enjoy ourselves, but it is with what Allaah has permitted to us. We enjoy much more than you enjoy – and think it is enjoyment – because there is no enjoyment in a forbidden thing, rather true enjoyment is in permissible things. Sin is followed by a sense of regret, and the one who does it can never be happy. Look at your own situation to see the truth of this.

We enjoy life with our sons and daughters, hence you will see that Muslim families are large and have many children. What kind of enjoyment do you have in this respect?
We enjoy the love of our mothers and fathers. Do you know the reality of the relationship of one of you with his mother and father?
We enjoy delicious, permissible food, and we enjoy delicious permissible drinks, and the same may be said about many other aspects of life. What matters is that Allaah has permitted it to us and allowed us to enjoy it.
It is sufficient for us that we are happy and enjoy that to which Allaah has guided us, which is that we should follow the right path with which Allaah is pleased, and which was followed by the noble Prophets before us. This is the happiness of which millions of people are deprived, who accept for themselves to worship rocks or idols, or humans like them. Allaah has told us that the lives of these people will never be pleasant, and their hearts will never be at rest, because they have forsaken belief in the Oneness (Tawheed) of their Lord Who created them, and they have associated other gods with Him, so Allaah punishes them in this world with anxiety and He will punish them with constriction of their graves, then with the harshness of the gathering (on the Day of Judgement) and their ultimate fate will be Hell in which they will abide forever.
If you want to understand the truth of these words, then read the stories of those among your own people, or others, who entered Islam. Look at the great changes that occurred in their lives, and look at the great happiness that they enjoy now. This is the enjoyment that you should seek. Just as you call on us to have fun and enjoyment, we call you sincerely to come and find enjoyment with us, and follow the path of happiness, and taste true happiness that will be with you as you go to sleep and as you wake up, and will never leave you, until you enter your grave, until your Lord admits you to the abode of happiness, which is Paradise as vast as the heavens and the earth.
We ask Allaah our Lord to guide you to knowledge of the truth, and not to cause you to die except in the religion with which He ended the divine messages.
And Allaah is the source of strength.

Renee

Suhaila: This is a very good and logical post you wrote:

Well, my own religion, which I believe to a large degree has a similiar, though not exactly the same, belief. I say that I believe my religion to a large degree, rather than 'entirely' as you do, because I cannot claim 100% certainty in a subject such as religion, for which I lack concrete proof. If I had such proof, it would no longer be religion, it would be science. In my religion, there are a large number of afterlives of different sorts. Some are pleasant, some are unpleasant. What is most pleasant for one person would not necessarily be most pleasant for another person. A man who likes books for instance, would not necessarily like an afterlife which had no books, but many beautiful flowers.

Regarding unpleasant afterlives (what you would call Hell) people go to them not precisely because they deserve them (they DO deserve them, but that is a seperate point), but because there are consequences to what they do and especially what they believe while alive. To understand this, consider if I were to take a hammer and hit myself in the head. I would get a large painful bump on the head. This is the consequence of hitting myself in the head with a hammer. It happens whether I 'deserve' it or not. Probably I DO deserve it, for being a dumbass and hitting myself in the head with a hammer, but that is a seperate point.

In the case of people who go to a negative afterlife, they end up there as a consequence for their mental state on Earth. A person who, for instance, enjoys hitting other people, will wind up in an afterlife run by demons who enjoy hitting him. A man who likes to r*** women, or who even THINKS he should r*** women, but doesn't do so simply because he is afraid of being arrested, will wind up in an afterlife run by demons who will in turn r*** him.

It is highly unlikely that someone will end up in a very bad afterlife simply because they like to watch movies. The worst I can think of happening to such a person is that if they very often watched movies to the point that they neglected to do very important things, like take care of their children, is that they might be sent to an afterlife where they are forced to watch movies, and do nothing else at all, until they are thoroughly sick of them. Possibly also experiencing such things as being very hungry at the same time, if, say, they watched movies so much that they did not feed their children properly. After they have learned their lesson (that you should not watch movies to the point of neglecting more important things), they will leave that particular afterlife for a better one. People can be redeemed, even in a bad afterlife, after they have paid for their sins and learned better. Of course, some people are harder to redeem than others. Hypocrites will probably have a very bad time of it in the afterlife for a number of reasons I won't get into just now.

From your point of view, this is true. A person should say what they believe to be the truth. I do think that a religion that says so many people are going to Hell for trivial reasons is rather cruel, and I do not myself believe such a thing to be true. I should also point that that most people who are not Muslims do not agree with what Muslims believe about who is or is not going to Hell. And there does come a point, where if you are sufficiently annoying and/or violent about attempting to warn people of your belief that they are going to Hell, you then stir up a lot of anger and strife. This is not a good thing, because the anger and strife are probably more likely to cause both others and yourself to end up in Hell than what you were warning them about in the first place (such as watching movies).

Well, I am not sure about the posters here, but I have run into an awful lot of people in my life who seemed rather smugly pleased at the thought that everyone who didn't follow their own religion of choice was going to Hell. I myself actually think very few people are going to a bad afterlife, and a lot of those will eventually get out. The fact that I have hit myself in the head with a hammer, and must suffer the consequences of a big bump on the head does not mean I will forever repeat the mistake. It is possible for me to learn not to hit myself with the hammer, and it is possible for people in a bad afterlife to learn the error of their ways. Although they must first pay for their sins, part of the reason they may end up in a bad afterlife (the consequences) is that they have a moral debt to pay.

Well, that is not for you or I to say. There are people who are struggling to hold onto their sanity, and the only peace they might get in life is escaping from it by watching a movie now and then. Also, sometimes God leads people to watch movies or read certain books, because there is something in the movie or book he wishes them to learn. It is possible to learn at least a few things, even from movies or books that seem very stupid. It is possible to learn things, if God wishes you to do so, from people who seem very stupid, or who have beliefs you think are completely wrong. In fact, if God wishes it, it is possible for you to learn something from a blade of grass.

This is good.

Strange how similar minds think alike. I don't believe in eternal damnation either, like many christians and muslims seem to do. Yes, I think they go to a negative place until they learn their lesson(s) or are so sick of it that they pray to God to save them. But not for forever. A God that so lightly condemns his own creation to eternal suffering does not deserve to be worshipped if you ask me. Most people who encounters Near Death Experiences and thus get a glimpse of the other side meets a being that is all loving and caring and not the slightest judgemental at all. They go through the persons life together but are not judgemental as most humans are.

Another thing, I has actually been to Hell already, perhaps not in flesh but astrally and I can honestly say that I'm not afraid of it. It doesn't look anything like the stereotypes. You wouldn't be able to tell the difference from this world and theirs. So I guess, just because you're evil does not necessary mean you don't want to live as comfortably as much. It was just "them" who didn't look like us but then again, they don't need the masquerade on their own turf, do they? I'm sure people very knowledgeable in the occult can project themselves at will there but most people on Earth does not have that knowledge. However, I'm also certain most of us have been there astrally without realizing it, in their dreamstate. Being condemned to eternal suffering for just having watched movies and listened to music is plain silly. I get your point though. You mean I have more important things to do in life than listen to music which you seem to think is nothing but a waste of time. Time I can put to better use, like worshipping God instead. It's truly sad that you can't appreciate beautiful music because of that bigotry. All you can see or maybe rather hear is sin and not the beauty of it. The same with arts. It's silly that depicting humans is haram which means you are all closed out to the masterpieces of history painted or sculpted by all those talented artists. Stop being such talibans and start to live and enjoy life instead as it was meant to.

zbhotto

Banned
You misunderstood

Dear sister;
You still have serious lack of understanding about Islam. We follow islam according to our affordable pace and ability. Muslim do go to see film, listen to music and you know it I think. Rest depends of the mercy of Allah swt. Allah says in the Koran,'' He will forgieve every sin that a human being can commit except shirk ( and u die without repenting).''

I would suggest you enjoy your life as much as you can. But do not be athiest. Dono't leave christanity and accept Buddhaism, Hinduism or anything else. If you want to remain as christian dont worship Jesus (PBUH), i.e., be a typical christian.

I hope if you follow this one day May Allah (SWT) call you on His straight path.

poetic

mrs aisha b
Strange how similar minds think alike. I don't believe in eternal damnation either, like many christians and muslims seem to do. Yes, I think they go to a negative place until they learn their lesson(s) or are so sick of it that they pray to God to save them. But not for forever. A God that so lightly condemns his own creation to eternal suffering does not deserve to be worshipped if you ask me. Most people who encounters Near Death Experiences and thus get a glimpse of the other side meets a being that is all loving and caring and not the slightest judgemental at all. They go through the persons life together but are not judgemental as most humans are.

Another thing, I has actually been to Hell already, perhaps not in flesh but astrally and I can honestly say that I'm not afraid of it. It doesn't look anything like the stereotypes. You wouldn't be able to tell the difference from this world and theirs. So I guess, just because you're evil does not necessary mean you don't want to live as comfortably as much. It was just "them" who didn't look like us but then again, they don't need the masquerade on their own turf, do they? I'm sure people very knowledgeable in the occult can project themselves at will there but most people on Earth does not have that knowledge. However, I'm also certain most of us have been there astrally without realizing it, in their dreamstate. Being condemned to eternal suffering for just having watched movies and listened to music is plain silly. I get your point though. You mean I have more important things to do in life than listen to music which you seem to think is nothing but a waste of time. Time I can put to better use, like worshipping God instead. It's truly sad that you can't appreciate beautiful music because of that bigotry. All you can see or maybe rather hear is sin and not the beauty of it. The same with arts. It's silly that depicting humans is haram which means you are all closed out to the masterpieces of history painted or sculpted by all those talented artists. Stop being such talibans and start to live and enjoy life instead as it was meant to.

Salaam Alaikum,

I should have mentioned this, we all believe that depending on the amount of sins and severity of sins that determines your sentencing, We may not go to hell forever, we may even go just for a day,but that day will feel like eternity.. I am sorry you are such a ignorant person and may Allah Subhana Wa Ta'la guide you Ameen..
Talibans? wowwwww..... :(

zbhotto

Banned
More

Whoever testifies ''There is no GOD except ALLAH and Prophet Muhammad (SAW) is His slave and Final messenger of ALLAH'' will evidently one day will enter into paradise.

Enjoyment of muslims cannot be understood by not being a muslim.....

IslamIsLight

Islam is my life
Staff member
Hi dear ,
Stop being such talibans and start to live and enjoy life instead as it was meant to.
Nobody was rude to you here ,so please be respectful also...
All my brothers and sisters welcomed you here and treated you with respect ..

And who said we Muslims dont enjoy life ?We do enjoy it ,in the way our God has tought us ..God created us different from animals ,and He gave us guidance and He gave us brain to use it ,not only instincts ...

Peace...

Renee

Renee: I beg your pardon. I never said that music or movies was a waste of time, or that it was evil to listen to music or watch movies. What IS evil, is if you listen to music or watch movies to EXCESS (say, over 12 hours a day) , such that you neglect other things which are more important, such as caring for your children.

I didn't mean you but rather the forum-talibans. I don't have children but if I had I would never have neglected them in order to think about myself and my selfishness whether it had meant listening to music or something entirely different. When it comes to the muslims on the forum it is true some are more tolerant of music than others but you can't deny that there are others who interprets the scriptures to that music is totally off limits and extremely haram also. So if I would have reverted I would sooner or later run into those in real life as well and that would probably spell trouble for me. Now I'm lucky enough to live in a secular western country but if I had lived in a muslim country my interest in music could very well lead to my premature death if I where unlucky.

a_muslimah86

Hubbi Li Rabbi
Staff member
Oh!!! well sheesh!!!

I'm sorry the FORUM TALIBANS here weren't so deceitful..lowly and transgressors against Allah's commands enough as to CUSTOMIZE ISLAM so it would fit *your whims*..

But..I want to ask you a couple of things..uummm...do you see the words below in bold red???!!!!!!

I will simply log out, this time for forever.
Hint: they're YOURS!!!

I see that it's been FOUR DAYS since you wrote them and yet you STILL haven't *matured up* and turned them into an action?!

what's the deal?!

Don't YOU have a life to go enjoy?!!!..

ShyHijabi

Look, you don't want to convert that's fine. It isn't our job to try and "sell" you Islam. Basically the main tenet of this religion is there is One God and Mohammed is his final prophet. The rest is details and some Muslims can look into every detail and some pick and choose what they want to practice.

You seem to know what you want and I am unclear as to why you return and use inflammatory language like "forum taliban." You have continually stated why you don't want to be Muslim so okay, why come back and reiterate that point on a Islamic forum? If the Western life is so appealing why come here again and again? You could simply go into your profile and block PMs from being forwarded to your email addy and go about your merry way.

You want to watch tv, listen to music, and not wear modest clothing, (modest by Islamic standards) that's fine. BTW, there is no country where listening to music and watching tv will get you killed, let's lay off the drama shall we? We choose to live our lives by a certain standard, if that standard is too confining for you, then continue to live as you see fit. Peace.

BetAmakeR

Love Allah
Oh!!! well sheesh!!!

I'm sorry the FORUM TALIBANS here weren't so deceitful..lowly and transgressors against Allah's commands enough as to CUSTOMIZE ISLAM so it would fit *your whims*..

But..I want to ask you a couple of things..uummm...do you see the words below in bold red???!!!!!!

Hint: they're YOURS!!!

I see that it's been FOUR DAYS since you wrote them and yet you STILL haven't *matured up* and turned them into an action?!

what's the deal?!

Don't YOU have a life to go enjoy?!!!..

Patience my dear, dont let shaytan come stir up your mind, follow prophet muhammad(SAW) way when he deal with disbeliever, he never let anger overcome his judgment and for my nonmuslim friend, its ok not to believe islam but at least respect us as we respect u. PIECE:shake:

rtbour

american muslima
I popped in since this thread spawned a few PM's that winded up in my email and decided to check in here. At least do me a favour and save me the devil and hell stuff. I don't believe in that anyway so that is the least thing I'm worrying about. You have too many rules and I'm too lazy to follow them anyway. So what? "You're going to burn in eternal hellfire!!" No I'm not. That is your belief, not mine. "Shaytan is leading you astray!" Geez, I think he has better things to do than leading me astray to be honest, that is if he exists at all, which is something I sincerely doubt. But if it makes you happy, so be it. :SMILY129:

Hey Renee. I'm an american revert to Islam and I know what you're talking about when you say it seems like too much of a change and you were too pressured. After reading your initial post along with this one, I'm assuming it's too late for me to reply. I'm still going to reply, though, because I have a video I want to share with you. I just saw it the first time a couple days ago. It's about converts to Islam getting scared off because people are too harsh. You might want to take a look at it.
I am not sure why people would be threatening you with hellfire because that's obviously not helpful to someone backing down from a religion. It just makes people run away more. My brother used to do that to me with christianity and it didn't do anything but make me angry. I understand how you feel. If you have time and feel like sparing 6 minutes, then the video below might just be for you! =)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nQlh...8/muslim-convert.html&feature=player_embedded

--One more comment.
ShyHijabi was right to say that we are not here to convert people to Islam.
If you want to know about Islam, then we muslims need to share our knowledge with you. However, if for some reason you don't like this religion or you feel it's wrong, then that's fine. You don't have to look into it anymore. If you dont want to receive emails from TTI, all you have to do is click the unsubscribe button at the bottom of one of the emails you receive. That will stop the TTI emails from coming. Not difficult. Please respect us as you expect us to respect you. =)

BinteShafi

Left long ago
1. Say : O ye that reject Faith!

2. I worship not that which ye worship,

3. Nor will ye worship that which I worship.

4. And I will not worship that which ye have been wont to worship,

5. Nor will ye worship that which I worship.

6. To you be your Way, and to me mine.

muharram23

Staff member
Renee I encourage you to study Islam on this site. If you are here to be ignorant, argue, and tell us how to follow our religion, then you are not welcome. If I see you continue to behave in this manner, you will be banned. Renee has made her decision to follow disbelief over belief for the little time of her life she has while ignoring the eternal hereafter. So please bros and sister don't waste your time as Allah guides and not us.

Wassalam

Status
Not open for further replies.