I took my shahada last night

Mrmuslim

Smile you are @ TTI
Staff member
salaam alikom.

Mash Allah sister, knowing you are compeletly with any sin all you sins been forgiven or converted to good deeds, you are like new born baby.

Make Dua'a for us and your self May Allah decent his mercy on us and keep us good and the whole Ummah ( Muslim Nation).

Welcom to the light of Islam.

wa jazaaki Allah Khair ( May Allah reward you )

wa salaam alikom

Garnet_Stone

Ramadan

Assalamu Alaikum, thank you all for the support and welcoming.

The most amazing part of my shahada was when all my anxiety and fear completely went away right after I uttered the proclamation of faith in Arabic. I still find it amazing that my Muslim friends now call me sister. :blackhijab: The holy month of Ramadan is also coming up...I will celebrate it for the first time as a Muslim! I can't wait. I tried fasting last year as part of studying Islam, but this would be my first time doing it and being a true Muslim.

alkathiri

As-Shafaa'i(Brother)
I still find it amazing that my Muslim friends now call me sister. :blackhijab: The holy month of Ramadan is also coming up...I will celebrate it for the first time as a Muslim! I can't wait. I tried fasting last year as part of studying Islam, but this would be my first time doing it and being a true Muslim.
:SMILY303:
Well dont be amazed . Beacuse we are all one family.

Regarding fasting , you might want to try fasting a bit before ramadhan comes so that you will be better prepared physically, inshAllah

Garnet_Stone

You're right :)

Yes, I've thought of fasting days before Ramadan. Last year when I fasted, I did it immediately without preparing. Let's just say I came home from work on my first day of fasting having the worst headache in the world! lol So now, I'm planning on gradually not eating days before Ramadan.

Jalalkhan

Assalaam Alaikum wr wb
i just want to say congratualtions for for coming into the light o fAllah and may Allah guide you to the right path and give you more knowlegde to get you to Jannat el Firdous inshaAllah.aMIN
Your brother in Islam
Jalalkhan

Bluegazer

Assalamu Alaikum [Peace be to you] sister Garnet_Stone,

All praise and all thanks are due to Allah the Almighty and Merciful for guiding you to Islam. Congratulations on your reversion to Islam. May Allah increase your faith in Islam and guard it.

Every Muslim should strive to increase his or her knowledge, whether that person was born into a Muslim family or whether he or she is a revert to Islam.

The most important article of faith in Islam is the Two Testimonies of Faith, the Shahadatayn. The first part of the Two Testimonies is Laa ilaaha illa'llaah, which is best translated as "There is no one worthy of worship except Allah".

This means that a Muslim should learn what acts are considered acts of worship, and then be careful to direct these acts to God Almighty alone and to no one else. That's why I strongly recommend that every Muslim should read the book entitled "Fundamentals of Tawheed [Islamic Monotheism]" by Dr. Bial Philips.

And it's also extremely important to ask Allah the Almighty on a regular basis to strengthen your faith and to guard it.

Also, please click on the following link to see some videos about the history of Islam and other topics. Although these are meant primarily for non Muslims, I still find it beneficial if Muslims knew about their history and civilization. Please note the disclaimers I wrote under those videos:

http://www.turntoislam.com/forum/showpost.php?p=88428&postcount=5

Regards,

Bluegazer

Wassalamu Alaikum [and Peace be to you]

Noor to shine

:salam2:
This great event made my faith strengthen (This morning me and my sister were talking about how many born muslem are doing things against the teachings of Islam) , and new hope flourished in my heart ....May Allah swt keep faith firm in our hearts till we meet him in Paradise ....Amen. Islam is like a sun ....it may set in some hearts but it shines in other hearts.

:salah: :salah: :salah: :salah: :salah: :salah: :salah: :salah: :salah: :salah:

Garnet_Stone

Inshallah I would be able to inspire more people.

I have told a friend, who was born in a Muslim family, "Converts take religion more seriously because they chose their faith, their parents did not influence them." No one told me to accept Islam, I freely accepted Islam in my heart. :)

zarah

Islam
Staff member
Inshallah I would be able to inspire more people.

I have told a friend, who was born in a Muslim family, "Converts take religion more seriously because they chose their faith, their parents did not influence them." No one told me to accept Islam, I freely accepted Islam in my heart. :)

:salam2:

:ma:

:wasalam:

gabrielle

Salaam, Thank you for the videos but, my computer will not allow volume. I s there any literature I can read to teach me about the history of muslims or even you yourself can offer a little knowledge. If so, I would greatly appreciate it.

Aliyah206

Assalamu Aliykum..
welcome back my brother..Allah is the most merciful most forgiver...may The lord blesss you with the hiest paradise up there..have a nice one!

sister herb

Official TTI Chef
Salaam alaykum sister;

thanks about your beautifull story - it put tears to my eyes when I remember how similar I felt when I took my shahada - about 12 years ago.

So welcome to this great path with all of your sisters and brothers, sister.

:SMILY206:

your sister in Islam;
sister Harb