I was a Jain Hindu. I converted to Islam just yesterday

mkj-india

Thanks you shammyshahoo

Assalamualaikum....

Your words are really good for my foward path...

The only problem is that I need to become strong and complete MUSLIM in few months, I need learn islam nicely and practice....I am vegetarian now, but now will see to try non-veg also as per Islam and keep beard etc.. and pray daily..I am not fasting now for ramadan as I have not told my wife yet about my conversion but will surely see one day or good time soon to tell her but before that indirectly tell her about islam. Till then I have to accompany her to hindu festival and visit temples also. But I am afraid whether she will accept me at all.

Can I leave my kids as hindu - will it do? As they are already born in hindu and do want to put my decision to them asd now they are unware....

tarannumsamir

CONGRATULATIONS ON UR REVERSION.
every human being is born a muslim.
u should not leave ur kids,infact try to educate ur wife about islam and show her the right path,inshallah allah will help.
allah is great.

etoile_de_mer

Assalaamu Alaykum wr wb Brother
Masha Allah! i'm happy to hear about ur conversion ..All Praises are for Allah alone..
i think u should contact the Islamic Research Foundation which is located in Mumbai..they will insha Allah help u..they are very knowledgeable in dawah..
May Allah make things easy for you & ur family.
Ameen.

PARVEZ SHAHIDI

salam2:
Alhamdulilah, please remember that Allah SWT will be testing you again and again and satan(devil) will not give up on you so easily. Today is the 1st day of Ramadan(2008) here,and I pray to Allah SWT that He makes the tests easy for you, and you be able to defeat satan in every battle you fight with him.
Brother what you are facing is a big test form Allah SWT. My humble suggestion would be to make two raka noafel(nofol) salah(namaz) and then raise your hand to Allah SWT and seek help from Him and have patience. It never fails me and it will not fail you Insha-Allah. You will see that slowly every thing falling into place the way you want it. I strongly believe that for some reason you have acquired enormous amount of mercy from Allah SWT and He has guided you in His path, because in The Noble Quran He said again and again that He only guides those whom He wish. In the mean time be good to your family, do not get angry any time, because satan wants you to do so, and your wife will notice profound changes in you I am sure she will like it. I shall keep you in my mind and pray for you so that Allah SWT makes everything easy for you. And I would request you to pray for me because when you pronounced SAHADA(La-Ilaha------) your past sins were wiped out but past good deeds were kept, not only that your past bad deeds were turned into good deeds and were written in your book which you will get in your hand on the Day Of Judgement and you will be very happy(it will be very tuogh day for every body except for few), and there is big chance that your prayer will be answered quickly.
I have written a lot of things, may Allah SWT forgive me if I have written some thing wrong. Ameen.

danyal_1992

:salam2:
welcome to this beautiful Deen Islam which our Creator has gifted us.Inshallah u will find this web beneficial.May Allah Guide and May Allah make ur easy for u .Ameen
:wasalam::ma:

palestine

Servant of Allah
Thanks you shammyshahoo

Assalamualaikum....

The only problem is that I need to become strong and complete MUSLIM in few months, I need learn islam nicely and practice....I am vegetarian now, but now will see to try non-veg also as per Islam and keep beard etc.. and pray daily..I am not fasting now for ramadan as I have not told my wife yet about my conversion but will surely see one day or good time soon to tell her but before that indirectly tell her about islam. Till then I have to accompany her to hindu festival and visit temples also. But I am afraid whether she will accept me at all.

Can I leave my kids as hindu - will it do? As they are already born in hindu and do want to put my decision to them asd now they are unware....

welcome. and asalamu alaykum. dear brother you are the father, the leader of the family, the maintainer and protector of the family. they're young and they will listen to you since you are their father. you can tell them about islam and raise them as muslims. this is absolutely necessary. you are the father and you are responsible for them and on the day of judgement you will be asked about them. so if it is possible help them to become muslims, as they already are since they are young kids. but they need to know that they are muslims. as for your wife, good luck. i'm thinking it will be very difficult since hindus really hate muslims, or at least most do. anyways asalamu alaykum and the best of hopes.

mali1

Thanks you shammyshahoo

Assalamualaikum....

Brother, Nice to know that you have reverted. Just one clarification - You do not have to be non-vegetarian to be a muslim :)) You can continue to be a vegetarian and practise Islam.

I have been to Kolkatta on number of occassions and I know that it has significant muslim population (in my estimate over 50%) and you may like to either befriend some muslims or visit a mosque for more specific answers to your questions.

All the best and may Allah help you with your struggle - Ameen

Living Soul

:salam2: brother

All praise to Allah SWT who opened up your heart to enter into Deenul-Haq. I congratulate you on it. You seems very committed and strong in faith Alhamdolillah. You dont need to tell your wife or others who may cauz problem for you as you are just reverted but change yourself according to Islam and present your wife an example of a true muslim husband, deal her more gently and ignore her faults for a certain period of time till you are on safe side to explain things to her. When you reach that point of time then tell her that you have been good to her because Islam teaches to be just to the wives and respect them, give them their due rights as explained in Quran and Sunnah. It may happen that she understand Islam after looking it practically done by you. If still she remains reluctant then may Allah help you to decide what is better for you.( Ameen)

I hope my advice will be helpfull to you.:hijabi:

Remember me in your prayers and have good Ramadan...:salah:

:wasalam:

abdex_z

well come dear brother! don't worry,you'll tell them step by step.what you have to do isfor example bring islamic da'awa vidios such as Dr.zakir naiks or take them to daawa places, then start talking and comparing , take their idea then gradually tell them that you found it islam is the correct... insha allah if allah wish they'll accept u ,b/s it is allah only that can give or take HIDAYA.

hazalkmr

welcom to islam

Dear brother , first of all i congratulate you for accepting the religion of truth with humility.Its indeed one of the best things that you have got in life now.Regarding your family you will have to show respect to them but at the same time you will have to gather the courage to disclose this to your family. after all you may otherwise not able to practice islam at free will.Now you don't need to just go to them and break this news. i would suggest you use the same method what you used for urself to get convinced that islam is the true religion.Don't be afraid and allah will be with you after all you have accepted submission before him. he will definitly guide you.In the begining Try and give them some reasoning about how you think about islam without telling them that you have converted. Take their opinion and try and answer them. you may not be knowing the answer but you can always use net and this forum , also you can ask muslims around you.

Inshaallah you will surely succeed.

May allah shower his blessings on you

ama6621

Dear Brother, Assalamu Alaikum! Welcome to Islam!

All praises to Allah for guiding you to the right path. May Allah always keep you on it and guide your family to it. Ameen.

mkj-india

Thank thank you so much to all of you...InsaAllah, I am really happy to lots of replies and advices coming for me here which are really helpful for me and making me more strong.

Yes - I need some time to settle myself, come out of past religion completely and become true and strong islam and then talk to my family but the only problem till I tell my wife, I have to accompany her for hindu worship and festivals also for which I think Allah will forgive me as Allah know my problems.

nori suja'i

Welcome to tti brother, i wish i could help u by i always need helps too FROM Allah Subhana hwa ta'3la.
i can only make a suggestions but u need to get help from Allah too by du'a & tawaqqal.
try to recite these Ayaat;

Soorah Al-i Imran/Ayaat 31:
in kungtum tooheeboonaAllahfatta bi-3u nee yoohbeeb qumAllah'.

means: if u do love Allah, follow me; Allah will love u
And fogive u yr sins, For Allah is Oft-Forgiving,
Most Merciful.

Soorah Yusuf/Ayaat 4:(Prophet Yusuf alaiheesalam said to his father)
"Innee ro'aitoo aahadaa 3eesharaa kao kabaw wash
shamsa
wal qomaraa ra'aitoohoom lee saajeedeen".
means:" i deed see eleven stars and the sun and the
moon; i saw them prostrate themselves to me."

Islam is our way of life.
we only follow the footsteps of what our Prophets and his family practised and tawaqqal to Allah.

shammyshahoo

ramadan kareem

va alaikumussalam va rahmatullahi va barakkatthuhu...

May Allah bless u to attain peace of mind fully...aameen. islam is the way of life and it helps to attain peace by fully surrendering to Almighty Allah. Since he has chosen u ...insha Allah he wl help u br... rely completely on him. Ramadan is the month of seeking mercy, 'repentance and and to pray to him to save us from the torment of fire. the first 10 days r meant for seeking mercy of Allah. hence pray to him in prostration....wth tears... i know that hindus r also taking'fasts' of different types..some take on mondays... your wife may be taking that also. they believe that it is for goodness of husband. so u can fast for few days if u can ...according to ur wife's opinion. so that u can perform the 'fast' on and off.

br... there is no compulsion that inorder to become a good muslim...u should be a non vegetarian... it is ur choice.. if u like veg.. u stick on to it. no problem. and abt the 'beard'. it is a 'sunnah' u can do it later.. that may not be difficult...b'se nowadays people following other religions also grow beard.so don't worry... everything wl be alright gradually. seek Allah's help ,always. did u learn the 5 time prayers? u try to learn abt islam gradually.... then u wl get a strong mind... which wl help u to take crucial decisions..

May Alla guide u to the stright path and help u to remain in it.

zarah

Islam
Staff member
:salam2:

Welcome to the website! Inshalla`h hope you benefit from this site.:tti_sister:

:wasalam: