I was a Jain Hindu. I converted to Islam just yesterday

qais srinivas

DEAR BROTHERS,

I WAS JAIN HINDU, CONVERTED TO ISLAM JUST YESTERDAY

YES, ITS TRUE...INSALLAH, I DID SAHADAH JUST YESTERDAY ONLY.

PLEASE HELP ME, THIS IS MY FIRST RAMADAN.

ALSO I AM MARRIED WITH 2 KIDS AND I CANT TELL THEM ABOUT MY CONVERSION, THEY WILL KICK ME OUT.. I AM IN PROBLEM AS I HAVE TO HIDE IT AND I KNOW ALLAH WILL FORGIVE ME FOR THIS...

ALLAHU AKBAR
as salaamu alikum brother,welcome to the true religion,ISLAM,I don't have any words to speak about your decision,its a wish from ALLAh himself that he opted you for islam.
well brother my name is qais and i stay in bangalore,where do you stay and what is your problem,insha allah i will be looking forward to solve every problem of yours,my contact # 099868-59297 and my mail id is for qais *!*!*!*!*!*!*!*!*!*!*!

AAminAA

Amatullah
:salam2:

Allahu Akbar ! Allahu Akbar ! Allahu Akbar !

Welcome to universal brotherhood , welcome to one and only religion known by Allah . Welcome from all my heart and insha'Allah i wish your family is not going to reject you, and insha'Allah i wish that they will see the truth also . Be a good example, be patient, be smart and always have faith in Allah, He will help you out . You are in my duas...

My congrats on your first Ramadan brother, may Allah forgive you and may He be pleased with you on the day of Judgement . Ameen !

God bless you !

abulzan07

just for curosity r u brother or sister ??
As sister in hindu are having more prob in converting as dey dont have anywer to go bcoz thr husband family kicked dem and their parents dont accept dem as muslims.......i kno many girls whu wud convert to islam der parents accept dem and i salute u fr accepting truth as i kno how diff is fr hindu to accept islam as due to rigid social norms and hate amongs muslims in india as zakir naik say converting 1hindu bro to islam is equal to 50people in west and also the same in amount of social prob dey faced bt dont worry InshAllah Allah will help you out as muslims v dont need to fear from any1 except Allah the Almighty he is the most merciful and gracious

Jazakh Allah khair

Assalamalikum brother,
I understand your stress. First of all it is not necessary to keep a beard to be a muslim nor it is necessary to become a non veg. Islam is not about how long your beard is or what you eat. It is what you believe that is there is ONLY ONE GOD AND MUHAMMAD IS THE MESSENGER OF GOD. I feel you need to read a few book on similarities between islam and hinduism. Maybe that will give you idea about what to say to your wife. And May Allah always guide you and protect you.

wiseone

Salaam,

Mashallah that you have embraced Islam. I hope in time you will have the courage to be open with your wife and may she be understanding and follow your path. May Allah guide her.

Below is a video that was released this week, its about a Muslim convert who was Hindu. In the video she talks about Hindu's worshipping Gods and how easily Hindu people are influenced in believing that animals, statues etc. are Gods.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4l6nFYwYPnc

Unfortunately many people are influenced in the wrong way, lets hope they will guided.

Proud_2b_Muslim

Ahmad M. Al-Marshoud
:salam2:
:ma::ma::ma::ma::ma::ma:
WeLCoMe To TTi
enjoy your stay here and if you want you can check the forums in TTI

Turn To Islam Start
Help Using Website
Introduce Yourself!

General Discussions
TurnToIslam Lounge !
Islamic Discussion
New and Current Affairs

TTI Member Central
His and Hers World
Word Games
Islamic Poetry
Learn Arabic

Islamic Files and Downloads @ TurnToIslam.Com
TurnToIslam Media Library
Quran Mp3 Downloads and Links
Nasheed/ Poetry Mp3 downloads.
Islamic Pictures
Mobile Zone

Islamic Media Section
New Muslim Video
Learn About Islam Videos
Quran Video
Nasheeds, Poems and Duas
Muslim Children Video
Muslim History Video
Learn How To do Prayer and Ablution Video

Islamic Articles Library
Islamic Articles And Important Information

Current Affairs Media Section
Palestine Video
Lebanon War
Iraq Video
Other Videos
Islamophobia

Other Languages
Arabic
Bosnian
French
German
Spanish
Portuguese
Italian
Dutch
Russian
Romanian

mkj-india

sorry for delay in reply, i was travelling.

salam malikum to all brothers here....

thanks for your support and guidance.

i just wanted to know whether I can be muslim alone but hindu infront of my wife till I convinced her for islam but it could be months or years. I do not want to loose her at all.

Also I am not able to pray for 5 times....

mkj-india

My name is manoj jain,,,,can anyone suggest me or help me to get islam name...I just wanted to change it but not official or in family...

cmelbouzaidi

:salam2: how about munir, one with the light of Allah (my son's name is mounir, that is the way they spell it in french but usually in english speaking countries, it is munir). i admire your courage, brother, and may Allah bless you for this. i remember a famous american convert Sheikh Yusuf Estes hid it from his wife when he converted but I think she had already just converted or was on the brink of converting so you may have a very positive reaction from your wife also! let us know how things go and rest assured, Islam is the best path for you :)
:wasalam:

Munawar

Striving for Paradise
Assalam-o-alikum, My dear brother Manoj,

First of all congratulations on becoming a Muslim. You are on path to Jannah Al-Firdous InshaAllah.

About your name: How about Mohammad Jamal.
You can start calling yourself as MJ up until the time when you can openly tell about your belief.

You were Jain before... by the way I think Jains are not Hindus - are they?
Because Hindus believe in gazzilions of Gods but Jains believe in just one God and they believe that Mahavir (or a similar sounding name) was the prophet of that one God. Am I right?

About your wife. I think you need to slowly tell her about issues in Jainism, and tell them about Islam. Get a DVD of Zakir Naik regarding Hinduism and Islam and show it to your family. This will break some ice.
I assume you have some practicing Muslim friends, start a more close family relationship with them and ask them to come over often and you go there often with family, and ask them (their female family members) to slowly introduce Islam to your wife. With these efforts and with Allah's help InshaAllah she will see the truth and become a pious Muslimah sooner than you think.

I will make dua for you my brother. May Allah protect you and make you successful in this life and the next.

Wassalam.

muna

ابنة الاسلام
MashaAllah bro, Welcome to ISLAM.."May Allah SW bless you and protect you..
Waslaam

al-muslimah

Salam Alaycoum brother

Congratulation for your conversion brother. I'm really happy for you.

For your situation that you have accepted Islam and you can’t tell your wife because you are afraid that you'll lose her, In my opinion is you have to tell her. Inform her when you feel that she is in a good mood and relaxed. but I suggest before telling her, try to change your normal life to better .let your wife notice this change and let her see how you changed a LOT.

Islam teaches us to be more good mannered, more HYGENIC, more loving for our parents family and every one, more faithful, honest , etc… so in this situation she will obviously notice something has changed so she’ll start having questions in her mind. “what happened to my husband and what changed him to better? What is behind his goodness?” let her feel your change before telling her.

Brother listen:
- If you really love her. then you have to tell her the truth and save her from the Jahiliya she’s in now. you love her ,you want to rescue her. Because not only you want to be with her in this life but in the hereafter also, in paradise Inshallah (Gods willing).

- At the time you tell her, you'll know if she really loves you or not. will she discuss with you about what you tell her? or will she just shout and reject you quickly? Usually if you love a person you will listen to him/her. so it’s like a test for you and her. If she listens to you, you will be able to tell her about Islam. if she accepts Islam that would be great!! She will accept islam and the whole family will INSHALLAH.but if she is just OK with you being Muslim and her without accepting Islam, that would be okay for you, as you will be able to Pray, Fast and do all the Muslim stuff. but if she rejects without any willing to discuss, then know that she doesn’t love you. unfortunately you have to leave her (hope this doesn’t happen and she accepts Islam). Islam is much more important than anything in this life.

Brother you have to know this..It is known that in our religion to leave something for God's sake of Allah is good. Because Allah will offset you with something better.

As for a Muslim name, there are loads of wonderful Muslim male names. Here I got you some with it's translation, listed below.

1.Mahmoud : Praised.
2.Mahdy : Guided to the Right path.
3.Masoud : Happy, lucky.
4.Taymullah : Servant of God.
5.Illiyas : A Prophet’s name.
6.Ayman : Lucky, on the right.
7.Haroon : A Prophet’s name.
8.Najeed : Highland.
9.Munjid : Rescuer
10.Mu’min : Believer

I’ll keep you in my prayers brother as you are really in need of them. May Allah make everything easy for you and always enlighten your path of Islam. Wish you all the best.

Walsalam Alaycom.

mkj-india

:salam2: how about munir, one with the light of Allah (my son's name is mounir, that is the way they spell it in french but usually in english speaking countries, it is munir). :)

THANKS A LOT FOR SUGGESTING THE NAME AND YOUR GUIDANCE....BUT MUNIR NAME IS JUST ONE WORD....WILL IT BE OKAY...

mkj-india

Salam Alaycoum brother

Congratulation for your conversion brother. I'm really happy for you.

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR YOUR TIME AND NICE INPUTS....ITS REALLY SUPPORT ME AND GIVE STRENGHT.

BUT AS YOU MENTIONED THAT MY WIFE ACCEPTS ME ISLAM AND THAT SHE CONTINUES JAIN....WILL IT BE OKAY IF THIS GOES AS THIS SEEMS POSSIBLE BUT AS I KNOW IN ISLAM BOTH SHOULD FOLLOW ISLAM RELIGION....

mkj-india

Assalam-o-alikum, My dear brother Manoj,

First of all congratulations on becoming a Muslim. You are on path to Jannah Al-Firdous InshaAllah.

About your name: How about Mohammad Jamal.
You can start calling yourself as MJ up until the time when you can openly tell about your belief.

THANKS A LOT BROTHER.....

"""Mohammad Jamal"""...NICE NAME.....LET ME THINK FOR IT.....

JAIN IS NOT MERELY HINDU, YOU ARE RIGHT....BUT WE FOLLOW HINDU TOO.

cmelbouzaidi

:salam2: Munir Islam :) I believe that would be a very nice name, Insha Allah, brother. I hope you find some good support within your area in India and continue to stay in touch with your global Muslim family here on TTI. Half of us have come to Islam in adulthood, like you, so there is lots of support. I will make duaa to Allah that your wife will accept Islam, too, you seem to have a very good relationship and Insha Allah, she will trust your decision.

May Allah bless you, my brother. Really, I say Alhamdulillah, when I hear these stories of people coming to Islam against all odds, Subhan' Allah, Allah truly is The Greatest :)