i was wondering something...

Status
Not open for further replies.

yasmineSwe

Ok, Im a Lutheran Christian, not interested in converting to Islam or anything. Imengaged to an Algerian man and he is very religious. He proposed to me already after 3 months together and now he wants to marry me in september. I love him but Im just interested if there is a possibility to do some kind of Christian wedding COMBINED with a muslim one? And how a life is married as a Christian non converter with a muslim (do you have to convert, what happens with the kids etc...). Im just very curious and I need to get all my questions answered before I take this any further really.
Might sound stupid in your eyes but I grew up in a very closed up village in Sweden and I now live in London.
Many thanks for any kind of advise.

abou haytam

hi

welcome to this website. and we invite you to islam. discover it and learn about it and it s up to you to decide after. it will take few hours to read qoran.

according to your question, check those link it can help you to get an idea about marriage of muslim and non muslim (people of the book : jews and christian).

http://www.islam-qa.com/index.php?ref=2527&ln=eng&txt=الكتابية

http://www.islam-qa.com/index.php?ref=44695&ln=eng&txt=الكتابية

http://www.islam-qa.com/index.php?ref=33862&ln=eng&txt=الكتابية

http://www.islam-qa.com/index.php?ref=45645&ln=eng&txt=الكتابية

ibn azem

Super Moderator
Staff member
Hi Yasmine,

Welcome to our forum,

Since you are going to marry this man would it not be a good idea also to know really more about what this man believes!
I am sure that you might have asked him some things and he might have told you some but really, how much do you know about Islam?

It is understood also that in this stage where you want not to consider and research the Truth you aslo want not to take Islam, which is the relgion of your future husband.
But is it also not of the very importance to know whether there is something that really fills the heart with a strong light of belief and confidence of being the Truth which we might have not tasted yet in this life?!

What if that really exists? Would that not be exciting?!

I suggest you to take your time and read some more about Islam and if you already have a translation of the Qur'an read it, and you will for sure discover something you have never come across before, that I guarantee you.

regards

yasmineSwe

hi

welcome to this website. and we invite you to islam. discover it and learn about it and it s up to you to decide after. it will take few hours to read qoran.

according to your question, check those link it can help you to get an idea about marriage of muslim and non muslim (people of the book : jews and christian).

http://www.islam-qa.com/index.php?ref=2527&ln=eng&txt=الكتابية

http://www.islam-qa.com/index.php?ref=44695&ln=eng&txt=الكتابية

http://www.islam-qa.com/index.php?ref=33862&ln=eng&txt=الكتابية

http://www.islam-qa.com/index.php?ref=45645&ln=eng&txt=الكتابية

Thank you for sending me these links, can u tell me someting, are these real words of your holy book? Because what I read here and interpret is that I, as a religious Christian woman, has evil thoughts which whom I might try to stick on his head and that I am a non believer and that I should be "chaste". Im sorry I do respect Islam but I dont understand this, I dont want my man to see me as a person that comes with evil thoughts when all I do is come in peace with everyone.

dianne

Thank you for sending me these links, can u tell me someting, are these real words of your holy book? Because what I read here and interpret is that I, as a religious Christian woman, has evil thoughts which whom I might try to stick on his head and that I am a non believer and that I should be "chaste". Im sorry I do respect Islam but I dont understand this, I dont want my man to see me as a person that comes with evil thoughts when all I do is come in peace with everyone.

The word Islam means "submission", or the total surrender of oneself to God (Arabic: الله, Allāh). An adherent of Islam is known as a Muslim, meaning "one who submits (to God)"
Muslims believe in One, Unique, Incomparable God; in the Angels created by Him; in the prophets through whom His revelations were brought to mankind; in the Day of Judgement and individual accountability for actions; in God's complete authority over human destiny and in life after death.

Muslims believe in a chain of prophets starting with Adam and including Noah, Abraham, Ishmael, Isaac, Jacob, Joseph, Job, Moses, Aaron, David, Solomon, Elias, Jonah, John the Baptist, and Jesus, peace be upon them. But God's final message to man, a reconfirmation of the eternal message and a summing-up of all that has gone before was revealed to the Prophet Muhammad through Gabriel.

:salam2: Dear sister i think you should read the Quran. One does not have to convert to read it. Read it completely rather then a few lines which can sometimes not make sense.

yasmineSwe

Hi Yasmine,

Welcome to our forum,

Since you are going to marry this man would it not be a good idea also to know really more about what this man believes!
I am sure that you might have asked him some things and he might have told you some but really, how much do you know about Islam?

It is understood also that in this stage where you want not to consider and research the Truth you aslo want not to take Islam, which is the relgion of your future husband.
But is it also not of the very importance to know whether there is something that really fills the heart with a strong light of belief and confidence of being the Truth which we might have not tasted yet in this life?!

What if that really exists? Would that not be exciting?!

I suggest you to take your time and read some more about Islam and if you already have a translation of the Qur'an read it, and you will for sure discover something you have never come across before, that I guarantee you.

regards

Thank you very much indeed. Dont get me wrong, Im not here to convert. I am happy as the practicing Christian I am and intend to stay that was fr the rest of my life and he is well aware of that.
I am here to get the last couple of questions answered before I take the step into marriage with him.
I am just curious and I want to think in a good way about your religion which I havent too much to be honest.

all the best

yasmineSwe

:salam2: Dear sister i think you should read the Quran. One does not have to convert to read it. Read it completely rather then a few lines which can sometimes not make sense.

I have already read it 2 years ago. I just want some comments on the links I was sent, I just want to see what you guys think and how you interpret them. I dont want to be seen as a "lesser worth" person to my future husband and my muslim friends, never.

um muhammad al-mahdi

لا اله الا الله محمد رسول الله
Staff member
I have already read it 2 years ago. I just want some comments on the links I was sent, I just want to see what you guys think and how you interpret them. I dont want to be seen as a "lesser worth" person to my future husband and my muslim friends, never.

:salam2: & Hi Yasmine!

How r u? I hope well!

My suggestion is: read the Quran again,to read it once is never enough. Anyway,the Quran teaches every time you read it.

Apart from that,as I say to people that are interested to learn about Islam,read other books about it as well. So the reading of the Quran will be easier and much more understandable.
I will send you via email some material about comparative religions so you will see how Islam is simple and not "black" as the medias show.

If God wills, it will help you!
:salam2: Peace be upon you!

virtualeye

Tamed Brother
Thank you very much indeed. Dont get me wrong, Im not here to convert. I am happy as the practicing Christian I am and intend to stay that was fr the rest of my life and he is well aware of that.
I am here to get the last couple of questions answered before I take the step into marriage with him.
I am just curious and I want to think in a good way about your religion which I havent too much to be honest.

all the best

Hello Yasmine,

I have a question for you.

Do you think that the millions of Christians who converted to Islam, they already were very curious to convert to Islam since they were born?
In fact, 90% or more people who convert to Islam, they never had thought in their life they will even think to change from Christianity to Islam. They also believe in Jesus like other Christians and decided that Christianity is the best religion. But then you see they are reverted to Islam not only in dozens but in Millions.

So, you are no different than those people. :) Yet, nobody is here to force you to convert to Islam.

Secondly, I think it is much much better to first get to know something and then decided to disagree , instead of not knowing and deciding to disagree.

Knowing about your prospective husband is important. That why you are here, right? Then rest assured that you can not understand your prospective husband if you do not try to know what does he believe actually. Emotions of love at one side and reality is on the other.

I hereby give you some video lectures in stead of reading material. You will just enjoy watching. Please pay full attention to these videos about comparative religions (Islam and Christianity). These videos will be of great help you to for your intended future partnership with a Muslim husband.
So here is it:

Here is an enlightening video of a charismatic revert to Islam (He explains what is real Islam about):
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=8888235112692728009

Is Bible True Word of God? (Debate between a Muslim and a Christian Scholar)
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=4058605158253427977

Is Jesus God? (Debate between a Muslim and a Christian Scholar)
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=961180591411776337

Prophet Muhammad (PBUH) Mentioned by Name in the Bible.
http://video.google.com/videosearch?q=muhammad+bible+deedat+company

A deep Historical Perspective of Muslims (by Ben Kingsley)
http://video.google.com/videosearch?q=islam+empire+islamicvideos+-lion

Islam is not what you have learned from Fox, CNN and other fumbling and mumbling media. Islam is everthing you do not know yet.

You are most welcome for any question you have.

Thanks for your time and attention,

Bye.

VE

abou haytam

hi Yasmine;

I know that those link may shake your thinking about islam. i post them in hopes that you will show them to the man that you will marry. as you said he is "religious" so maybe he ignore what islam said about your mariage. So show him and it s up to him to decide.

PS: You are not our ennemy in the eyes of islam, the neigbour of our prophet (saw) was jew and he visit him when he is sick and treat him like others muslim. in islam protected " people of the book" (christain and jew) the proof is the church and cinagog that built in muslim country and still exist and people are free to go there. But this protection and this respect dose not mean we agree with your beleif.

we respect you but your beleif is fulse. and islam is true. i let my brother and sister that convert from christianity to islam to explain more to you.

good luck,

desiree

yes u can have both a christian marriage and a muslim wedding. That is what me and my husband did. We first got married the christian way then the muslim way. For the kids part I think you and ur husband need to talk about that. Im not converting but when we have kids they will be muslim. I want my kids to have a part of my husbands heritage. We live in America and he is from Africa. I have no intentions on converting but I am still learning the religion as well for my children. If u have any questions feel free to email me if u want. *******. I dont check this page as much as I should. Assalium Allakium

jabba

Salafi Dawah is the best
Ok, Im a Lutheran Christian, not interested in converting to Islam or anything. Imengaged to an Algerian man and he is very religious. He proposed to me already after 3 months together and now he wants to marry me in september. I love him but Im just interested if there is a possibility to do some kind of Christian wedding COMBINED with a muslim one? And how a life is married as a Christian non converter with a muslim (do you have to convert, what happens with the kids etc...). Im just very curious and I need to get all my questions answered before I take this any further really.
Might sound stupid in your eyes but I grew up in a very closed up village in Sweden and I now live in London.
Many thanks for any kind of advise.

Hello
When I married my husband I was Christian. We had a small ceremony with just a few friends. It wasn't a religious ceremony, no priest, no Imam. (even though it wouldn't have mattered to me if we were married in the Mosque). I did become Muslim, but not until more than a yr of marriage. Even when I was Christian religious differences were NOT a big deal. I went to church, he went to the Mosque. At the end of it all we'd talk about what the sermon/kutbah was about. It made life interesting and we learned a lot from eachother. I had no pressure to change my religion, but it was just a decission I felt in my heart. As for children, I didn't care what we raised them to believe (at the time), my husband really showed a love for Islam, so if my children were Muslim and I wasn't it would have been ok since Islam respects ALL PEOPLE OF THE BOOK.
If you have any questions for me give me a PM :)
take care!

Rosheen

Sister in Islam
Hi Yasmine,

I was a Catholic before i married my husband. You don't have to convert and I never had any pressure on me...but I converted eventually as Islam appealed to me. However you can continue being a Christian and marry a muslim, BUT......he will expect the children to be raised as muslims....and honestly you won't be able to question this as it is something all muslims are obligated to do.

I think you really need to consider how this will affect you and your future. To be honest I don't think 3 months is long enough to judge someone enough to marry them. As it is not an arranged marriage then your family have not checked out his credentials either.

He will respect your religion I am sure of that but he will never take part in it and again cos this is really important the children must be raised as muslims.

Aapa

Mirajmom
Salaam,

First, I think you are showing a lot of maturity. You are seeking proactive choices.
When a Muslim man marries a woman of the book, in your case a Lutheran,
it is permitted. You thus enter a relationship with your eyes open..that Islam is going to be the religion of the household.
I keep writing the same thing over and over and over again...you do not marry a person...you marry Islam. To say that you will go to church and he will attend masjid pulls a couple apart. You are adament in not wanting to convert.
How will you raise the children to be Muslim? There can be no easter bunny, no chirstmas tree, no caroling. You can not take the children to church.
You state your finace is a religious man. You will not be able to teach your children the Lord's Prayer. There will be no communion. Communion is an act of blashphemy.
I am surprised that you question the veracity of your fiance's faith. If you question the truth about the religion of Truth before marriage how will you teach his children the Truth?

Please understand that I am not attempting to be offensive. I am being realistic. I do not need the answers ...I pray you find peace.

dianne

Salaam,

First, I think you are showing a lot of maturity. You are seeking proactive choices.
it is permitted. You thus enter a relationship with your eyes open..that Islam is going to be the religion of the household.
I keep writing the same thing over and over and over again...you do not marry a person...you marry Islam. To say that you will go to church and he will attend masjid pulls a couple apart. You are adament in not wanting to convert.
How will you raise the children to be Muslim? There can be no easter bunny, no chirstmas tree, no caroling. You can not take the children to church.
You state your finace is a religious man. You will not be able to teach your children the Lord's Prayer. There will be no communion. Communion is an act of blashphemy.
I am surprised that you question the veracity of your fiance's faith. If you question the truth about the religion of Truth before marriage how will you teach his children the Truth?

Please understand that I am not attempting to be offensive. I am being realistic. I do not need the answers ...I pray you find peace.

Assalamu alaikum warahmatullahi wabarakatuh,
Sis i agree with ur text based on the fact of Islam.To love a husband is to love Islam too! lol May Allah swt bless u sis.

Wabillahi taufik wahidayah wassalamu alaikum warah matullahi wabarakatuh.

yasmineSwe

Hello Yasmine,

I have a question for you.

Do you think that the millions of Christians who converted to Islam, they already were very curious to convert to Islam since they were born?
In fact, 90% or more people who convert to Islam, they never had thought in their life they will even think to change from Christianity to Islam. They also believe in Jesus like other Christians and decided that Christianity is the best religion. But then you see they are reverted to Islam not only in dozens but in Millions.

So, you are no different than those people. :) Yet, nobody is here to force you to convert to Islam.

Secondly, I think it is much much better to first get to know something and then decided to disagree , instead of not knowing and deciding to disagree.

Knowing about your prospective husband is important. That why you are here, right? Then rest assured that you can not understand your prospective husband if you do not try to know what does he believe actually. Emotions of love at one side and reality is on the other.

I hereby give you some video lectures in stead of reading material. You will just enjoy watching. Please pay full attention to these videos about comparative religions (Islam and Christianity). These videos will be of great help you to for your intended future partnership with a Muslim husband.
So here is it:

Here is an enlightening video of a charismatic revert to Islam (He explains what is real Islam about):
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=8888235112692728009

Is Bible True Word of God? (Debate between a Muslim and a Christian Scholar)
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=4058605158253427977

Is Jesus God? (Debate between a Muslim and a Christian Scholar)
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=961180591411776337

Prophet Muhammad (PBUH) Mentioned by Name in the Bible.
http://video.google.com/videosearch?q=muhammad+bible+deedat+company

A deep Historical Perspective of Muslims (by Ben Kingsley)
http://video.google.com/videosearch?q=islam+empire+islamicvideos+-lion

Islam is not what you have learned from Fox, CNN and other fumbling and mumbling media. Islam is everthing you do not know yet.

You are most welcome for any question you have.

Thanks for your time and attention,

Bye.

VE

Thank you for the videos, they are very informative and I must say I am a religin student at the University so I DO STUDY about Islam, Buddism, Christianity and such. I know what it's all about and I dont believe in what CNN etc says, well its a kind of fact but its just a small little piece in a BIG religion. So thank you, but I do know, I am just here to change my way of thinking because I am about to wed a muslim man. Of course what I read and what I see affects me but I dont judge a whole religion based on what a couple do, not at all :)

yasmineSwe

hi Yasmine;

I know that those link may shake your thinking about islam. i post them in hopes that you will show them to the man that you will marry. as you said he is "religious" so maybe he ignore what islam said about your mariage. So show him and it s up to him to decide.

PS: You are not our ennemy in the eyes of islam, the neigbour of our prophet (saw) was jew and he visit him when he is sick and treat him like others muslim. in islam protected " people of the book" (christain and jew) the proof is the church and cinagog that built in muslim country and still exist and people are free to go there. But this protection and this respect dose not mean we agree with your beleif.

we respect you but your beleif is fulse. and islam is true. i let my brother and sister that convert from christianity to islam to explain more to you.

good luck,

Im seeing him tomorrow so I will definately show it to him, I have already asked him about it and he said something like "it's hard if I dont read it myself and translations are not always the best ones, I prefer to read it arabic". Well see, Ill show it to him and see what he says.

yasmineSwe

Salaam,

The chldren part we have already spoken abou and I was very happy that he shares the same thoughts as me. He says that its not his "job" to make his kids muslims but allah will come to them and then will find him and that it can take the time it takes and he will not force them anything, hes gonna show them is religion, prayer, ramadan, eid and such and I CAN SHOW THEM mine, but i will not take them to church but of course there will be easterbunnies and chistmas, of course it will. When they are old enough, they can choose their way, we dont want to force any religion on them.
Perfect and respectful answer from him I think.
Im sorry you are being offensive calling me adament wanting to practice my religion but evryone has the right to practice their own religion and if you think tat me praying in church to God and hij in masjid to alah will tear us apart, then that s ur opinion. I know that love conquers everything.

Take care of yourself.

Status
Not open for further replies.