TurnToIslam If you want to know@tti/2nd Edition.

queenislam

★★★I LOVE ALLAH★★★
In the United States and other developed countries, most livestock is raised on large factory farms called concentrated animal feeding operations, or CAFOs. The largest CAFOs house poultry and contain more than 125,000 chickens at one time.

queenislam

★★★I LOVE ALLAH★★★
Raising beef cattle is the single largest segment of American agriculture. The United States produces more beef than any other country. About 34 million cows are slaughtered in the U.S. each year.
th

queenislam

★★★I LOVE ALLAH★★★
Farmers today produce 262% more food with 2% fewer inputs (such as seeds, labor, fertilizers) than they did in 1950.

queenislam

★★★I LOVE ALLAH★★★
In 2006, the average American farmer grew enough food for 144 other people. In 1940, the average farmer grew food for 19 other people (which was close to enough food).

queenislam

★★★I LOVE ALLAH★★★
More than 100 agricultural crops in the U.S. are pollinated by bees. In fact, one out of three bites of food people eat is thanks to honeybees.

queenislam

★★★I LOVE ALLAH★★★
In 2007, just 187,816 of the 2.2 million farms in the United States accounted for 63% of sales of agricultural products, marking a trend toward the concentration in agricultural production.

queenislam

★★★I LOVE ALLAH★★★
Agricultural efficiency has increased over the past century from 27.5 acres/worker in 1890 to 740 acres/worker in 1990.

queenislam

★★★I LOVE ALLAH★★★
Approximately 60% of the farmers in the United States are 55 years old or older. Aging farmers have led to concern about the long-term health of family farms.

queenislam

★★★I LOVE ALLAH★★★
Today’s farmers grow more than “food, feed, and fiber”?they also grow crops that are processed into fuel. For example, corn can be made into ethanol and soybean oil can be made into diesel fuel.

queenislam

★★★I LOVE ALLAH★★★
Although only 2.4% of the world’s crop land is planted with cotton, it accounts for 24% and 11% of the global sales of insecticide and pesticides, respectively.

queenislam

★★★I LOVE ALLAH★★★
People living near factory farms often suffer from headaches, nausea, and respiratory distress due to the effects of factory pollution. Factory farms are those that pack hundreds, thousands, and sometimes millions of cows, pigs, chickens into the farms.