"ignorant" neighbours

Status
Not open for further replies.

jabba

Salafi Dawah is the best
Salam alikum

I am going insane with the people above us and I really don't know what to do. These people don't let their kids play outside and I think some of them are homeschooled because there is noise above us 24/7. This has been going on ever since they moved in (4 months ago) and the father is always "sorry", yet it still goes on. It's not just normal noise but thrashing and banging. I have told them I am pregnant and going to school, so I need some quiet time to study. The father of course smiles and is "sorry" ( the mother refuses to show her face). The stress that it is putting on me right now is getting too much and my mom is starting to regret ever coming here now.....these people are Muslims.......the most religious looking Muslims you will see, but this is unIslamic behaviour treating your neighbours like this, and it's hard to tell my mom one thing about Islam and have her see the opposite. I'm starting to worry about loosing my baby, I'm trying not to let to it get to me too much but I can't help it and I'm running out of ways to handle this situation. I was thinking of writing a very truthful letter about how their behaviour is haram and what kind of unIslamic example they are showing their kinds and my non-Muslim mom, but it's something I'd really need help with. :wasalam:

warda A

Sister
difficult

:salam2:

Sister Jabba, stop stressing yourself, in the situation you are in it is tough,
I have an idea, tell your husband that you will not lose that baby because of insolent neigblours!
Put the bagage in his hands and tell him to go and tell your neigbours that you will not tolerate unneigbourly behaviour like that.
You have to be firm, such kind of people need a firm person, you do not have to deal with it yourself.

Sorry if it sounded rude or harsh.

:wasalam:

jabba

Salafi Dawah is the best
My husband unfortunately is in Canada, his brothers have gone up there and "talked" to them before, but nothing has worked. I woke up to them banging at 630 am today ........ I don't want to be stressed but, it's hard not to in this situation

Almeftah

go to the mother of those kids and say to her face "hasbi allahu wanim alwkeel".
and they will insha allah stop.

jabba

Salafi Dawah is the best
Thank you I really want to find a solution but the mother won't come to the door, let alone show her face, thank you though:wasalam:

Almeftah

Thank you I really want to find a solution but the mother won't come to the door, let alone show her face, thank you though:wasalam:

if u cant get her to come out, tell it to the husband, just make sure you say it from the heart, with all ur senses. and most important, dont look into his eyes

palestine

Servant of Allah
i think that the letter is a good idea. since the mom won't show her face anyways why not. as for your mother...tell her honestly that that is not the actual behaviour of a muslim. also since the neighbors have kids....then maybe they too are having a hard time. i know my nephews are really loud, and they run too inside the house, and scream and sometimes the neighbor comes out thinking that the baby is being abused. which of course is not but the kids are troublemakers. maybe that could be why....if not i think that you should tell them once again by letter because this is rude. if you want help with the letter send me a pm and i'll send you back something inshallah. salam.

nblueblaze

A Brother
go to the mother of those kids and say to her face "hasbi allahu wanim alwkeel".
and they will insha allah stop.

Plz translate the "hasbi allahu wanim alwkeel" into english...I dont know arabic.
I surely hope this menace will stop and give Sister Jabba peace and comfort...

Khuda-Hafiz

alkathiri

As-Shafaa'i(Brother)
Plz translate the "hasbi allahu wanim alwkeel" into english...I dont know arabic.

Khuda-Hafiz

Is the arabic spelling correct?

Sister Jabba, i know what you are experiencing , in fact most Singaporeans do. Here in my country , most people here have people living on top , below , right and left of their house. So if anyone of this house is noisy, we just have tolerate it . Imagine if all four houses are noisy...

I think you are stressing yourself too much ....

jabba

Salafi Dawah is the best

Khuda-Hafiz

thank u actually i was wondering what it meant, translation would definately help please

Mabsoot

Amir
Staff member
assalamu alaykum

Sorry I can not help, but that does remind me of my time in Syria. :) especially the rude and arrogant taxi drivers who wont put out their cigarettes or their untasteful loud music... as well as a lot of people using bad language in Arabic.

You just have to find a better place to live in. Because, sometimes people do not listen or change..

a_brother

Make dua for us all
Asalamo alaikom sister

why not offer to them to switch apartments... you live in there apartment and they live in your apartment; therefore, you don't hear as much noise... but first describe to them how hard it is for you and your baby (the whole situation)...

another idea is to provide them a link to this thread and tell them to check it out... they can see how "mad" you are and how other brothers and sisters see what they doing !!!!!!!!!!!!

dianek

I assuming these are apartments.....have your reported them to the leasing office? You should file a grievance with them each time until they take action against....ie make them move out or shutup. File police reports as well, it sounds odd that the wife won't come to the door or show her face. Is it possible that she is being abused and the children, as you state they do not go outside. Maybe they are hiding bruises or injuries.....just a thought.

warda A

Sister

You said hubby is not at home, so you have to try and be patient till he comes and go confront them, also as Palestine said , just write a nice letter explaining that is is unneighborly,if they do not know english ask your in laws to write and put it under the door if no one comes forward to take it.
Also dianek could be write , get the social service.
In Yemen if a woman goes to the police with such a complaint of battery, the husband is really in big trouble, believe me, they do not tolerate that here.

You could be helping the poor woman but you need evidence before you proceed.
inshallah all will be ok, do not get overstressed.
Fi amani Allah
:tti_sister:

TheKnowledgeSeeker

A Believer In Heart
Assalaam Alaykium sis,

I agree with you about the letter. One of the things Allah SWT will ask you when you go to your grave is about your neighbor by telling them you are safing them from the punishment and you are getting reward for your good deed sis.

"Let him who believes in Allah and the Last Day either speak good or keep silent, and let him who believes in Allah and the Last Day be generous to his neighbour, and lte him who believes in Allah and Last Day be generous to his guest"

Almeftah

Khuda-Hafiz

"Those (i.e. believers) unto whom the people (hypocrites) said, "Verily, the people (pagans) have gathered against you (a great army), therefore, fear them." But it (only) increased them in Faith, and they said: "Allâh (Alone) is Sufficient for us, and He is the Best Disposer of affairs (for us).[]" (173)".[quran 3:173]

"hasbi allahu waniem alwkeel"

Translation:
"Allâh (Alone) is Sufficient for us, and He is the Best Disposer of affairs"
Disposer came in the meaning of: discard, throw or cast away; "Put away your worries"

muslimah sister

Do you not have some sort of authority that deals with matters like this?? In england the health environment authority get involved. They issue letters of warning to them and then take legal action if the matter is not sorted.

Almeftah

Neighbors
Up to Seven Doors Away

By IOL Team
14/08/2003

"A Muslim should maintain good relations with his relatives, but he should not unjustly favor them over others. Further, a Muslim must be good to his neighbors, no matter their religion. But the Prophet (peace and blessings be upon him) taught us that a “neighbor” is not just the one next door but includes all those up to seven doors away - effectively a whole neighborhood.

This concern for our neighbors can take many forms. It means to ensure that our neighbors have the basic necessities, for a Muslim should not eat if his or her neighbor is going hungry. It means that Muslims should wish for their neighbors what they wish for themselves. It means sharing their happiness and sorrow. Further, it means to not spy on them and respect their privacy, to not gossip about them, to not harm them in any way, and to keep common use areas — such as apartment building entrances, streets and sidewalks — clean.

The Prophet Muhammad (peace and blessings be upon him) was told of a woman who prayed and fasted a lot and gave alms generously, but whose neighbors complained of her abusive tongue. He said that she would be in Hellfire. When he was told of another woman who did not do all those extra acts of worship but whose neighbors were happy with her, he said that she would be in Paradise . Thus we see the importance of being good to our neighbors, both in actions and words."

for more: http://www.islamonline.net/english/introducingislam/society/Neighborhoods/article01.shtml

IslamIsLight

Islam is my life
Staff member
I assuming these are apartments.....have your reported them to the leasing office? You should file a grievance with them each time until they take action against....ie make them move out or shutup. File police reports as well, it sounds odd that the wife won't come to the door or show her face. Is it possible that she is being abused and the children, as you state they do not go outside. Maybe they are hiding bruises or injuries.....just a thought.

salam aleikum
I think its her choise not show her face to anyone,plus this family has a lot of kids ,I dont think it will be just to act this way,plus we dont know anything about that family to judge ,they are naighbors and there should be nice way to solve this situation without stressing out and involving police etc...
I know how much it bothers when somebody lives upstairs ,i have the same problem ,but the problem is sometimes with the appartments not people ,I just got used to it ,thats all .
To switch appartments with them would be best solution I think ...
And Mabrook sister :)

waaleikum salam

Status
Not open for further replies.