im so glad xmas is over

hana*

having spent the past two months or so listening to people talk about christmas, listening to the same banter and the repetitive seasonal christmans music, all i can do now is sigh a relief that it is over.

I spent a 9 hour shift today (boxing day) at work listening to teenagers (staff) express their pride in their alcoholic indulge in a cocktail of beverages and how 'great' it was to dance and do all the filth they can do. i honestly feel sorry for these people (not all are like this though)- their life is wrapped around alcohol and sex. i just wish that these folk knew the true beauty of islam, which is the real happiness in life- and alhamdulilah i am so truely thankful to Allah that He chose me (and all of you) as Muslims and sufficient is this as a blessing.

If you have everything but Allah, you have nothing and if you have nothing but Allah you have everything.

waalaikum asalam

hana*

Assalam aleikum sister,
A part from those problems they have which you have mentioned, christmas is rooted from peganism, watch this clip by historian

http://www.thedeenshow.com/show.php?action=detail&id=1536

thats true bother/sister it is rooted from paganism and is not a practice of orthodox christians. it is a successful attempt to lure society to spending excessively on themselves by getting all the presents that they want at all costs, whilst millions accross the world die of starvation, water and air-borne diseases and the like. all this preparation, money, time etc put into one day and then when its all over they get the january blues- subhanAllah there is limited happiness in material things

slaveofAllah88

Slave of Allah (swt)
aslam o aliakum

I totally!!! agree im so so so happy xmas is OVER i was so tired of listenning to xmas songs every store u go t it was just so annoying i dnt understand why do they start celebrating at the end of OCTOBER! like 2 month early .... shows how much purpose their life has

rightpath_357

Ahemmmmm- you guys- I know how you feel- but remember that there ARE Christians on this site- and even if they weren't- we still shouldn't talk about them like that- because not all of them are like that.

THERE- I hope you feel ashamed.:lol:
just kidding, just kidding:D

Yeah- lol- I don't see why anyone would be PROUD of how much they drink- it's not a good thing.

BTW- sister *hana*, about those people at work who were bragging about how much they drank-

if i was their liver, I'd be applying for a transplant:lol:!!!!

lol- Christmas decorations are actually very pretty:lol:- I like the inflatable snowmen!!!!:D

Salam!!!!!:D

Isra

aka Tree2008
As salamo alaikome

I really understand what everyone is saying here. I know what Islam says about celebrating holidays that are Christian related but..........after all I just said I am guilty and I feel the guilt. :shymuslima1:

You see this is my first year as a Muslimah but my children are still Christian and although they understand I am not supposed to celebrate Christmas I felt very stuck in the middle of both worlds. I wanted to behave as a true Muslimah but at the same time I didnt want to let my family down.

I ended up going to my daughters house just to watch the little ones open gifts and then I came home and spent the rest of Christmas alone. It was very difficult for me this year. Inshallah next year will be better.

Abdullah_77

aslam o aliakum

I totally!!! agree im so so so happy xmas is OVER i was so tired of listenning to xmas songs every store u go t it was just so annoying i dnt understand why do they start celebrating at the end of OCTOBER! like 2 month early .... shows how much purpose their life has

lol, so true.
almost drove me to insanity.

Ebn-El-Islam

As salamo alaikome

I really understand what everyone is saying here. I know what Islam says about celebrating holidays that are Christian related but..........after all I just said I am guilty and I feel the guilt. :shymuslima1:

You see this is my first year as a Muslimah but my children are still Christian and although they understand I am not supposed to celebrate Christmas I felt very stuck in the middle of both worlds. I wanted to behave as a true Muslimah but at the same time I didnt want to let my family down.

I ended up going to my daughters house just to watch the little ones open gifts and then I came home and spent the rest of Christmas alone. It was very difficult for me this year. Inshallah next year will be better.

Don't worry you did the best for your Family, Inshallah Next year we'll see all your Family celebrating Eid of Adha :)

sistersalina

Salam,

you guys I agree with what rightpath_357. Remember not all of them are Muslims here and even if they are ONLY muslims here that is not what we should say. It might sound annoying and all, but we have to be tolerant dont you think so. Imagine, those christians living in a Muslim country Im sure they feel the same during Eid season. However, some of them just keep quite and move along. Don't you think we should do the same. Show that Muslims can tolerate, that is what Islam is all about right.

Peace,
Wassalam

Ashima33

Salam,

you guys I agree with what rightpath_357. Remember not all of them are Muslims here and even if they are ONLY muslims here that is not what we should say. It might sound annoying and all, but we have to be tolerant dont you think so. Imagine, those christians living in a Muslim country Im sure they feel the same during Eid season. However, some of them just keep quite and move along. Don't you think we should do the same. Show that Muslims can tolerate, that is what Islam is all about right.

Peace,
Wassalam

Word, Sister Salina. How would we like it if Christians said, "Well am I sure glad that Ramadan is over. All these hungry muslims walkin' around here!!!"

If we want tolerance, we must give it.

Salaam.

sistersalina

Word, Sister Salina. How would we like it if Christians said, "Well am I sure glad that Ramadan is over. All these hungry muslims walkin' around here!!!"

Salaam.

Dear sister Ashima33,
I know what you mean when they say that. It is extremely annoying, I agree. But why must we follow them. But, if you analyze properly who is the one who looks bad. Them who is criticizing or us who is just walk away without saying anything. Why must we follow them. Don't you think it brings Islam to a higher level.I am just saying BUT that does not mean I am asking us to keep quiet for EVERYTHING! there is a limit for everything. I am sorry if i said something wrong. This is just my opinion. Sorry again.

rightpath_357

Salam,

Peace,
Wassalam

:D awwww sis!!!! I'm glad you see it from my point of veiw lol!!!!!:lol:
Don't worry about annoying lol- just say what's right:D
:hearts:

"Word, Sister Salina. How would we like it if Christians said, "Well am I sure glad that Ramadan is over. All these hungry muslims walkin' around here!!!"

Salaam."

GOOD point!!!!!!!!:D
:SMILY139:

hana*

Ahemmmmm- you guys- I know how you feel- but remember that there ARE Christians on this site- and even if they weren't- we still shouldn't talk about them like that- because not all of them are like that.

THERE- I hope you feel ashamed.:lol:
just kidding, just kidding:D

Yeah- lol- I don't see why anyone would be PROUD of how much they drink- it's not a good thing.

BTW- sister *hana*, about those people at work who were bragging about how much they drank-

if i was their liver, I'd be applying for a transplant:lol:!!!!

lol- Christmas decorations are actually very pretty:lol:- I like the inflatable snowmen!!!!:D

Salam!!!!!:D

i am not talking about christians nor was i mentioning anything to do with the christian faith. personally i do not believe i said anything that would be offensive to a christian reading this. furthermore, i did mention that not all the people are like this- i have met some amazing people who have been athiest, jewish, christian, hindu, you name it and i get on very well with everyone. this thread was intended to share my experience, nothing more.

on the question of liver- there are many, many alcoholics here and many with liver issues- the liver can repair itself from damage and regenerate- EXCEPT alcohol- it can not regenerate. like i said in my post, i take pity in these people and wish they will be guided to Islam

hana*

Dear sister Ashima33,
I know what you mean when they say that. It is extremely annoying, I agree. But why must we follow them. But, if you analyze properly who is the one who looks bad. Them who is criticizing or us who is just walk away without saying anything. Why must we follow them. Don't you think it brings Islam to a higher level.I am just saying BUT that does not mean I am asking us to keep quiet for EVERYTHING! there is a limit for everything. I am sorry if i said something wrong. This is just my opinion. Sorry again.

in this case it is different: christmas is not an orthodox christian celebration- and today it is celebrated by peple of all faiths- including athiests, so i do not believe this would cause offence. if you look at my original post you will see that i did not mention anything to do with the christian faith or anything with respects to anyones faith- i respect all faiths or a lack of faith. all i mentioned was the alcohol and the inappropriate behaviour between the sexes. sister salina is correct- when we see something bad we must at least hate it in our hearts at that is the lowest of iman according to a hadeeth.

aless

As salamo alaikome

I felt like that last year, i actually was practicing little during xmas bcos i had just 'reverted' and didn't manage to deal with everything! subhanAllah I was so lost!! this year was much better for me, my family didn't even say merry xmas to me!!
insha'Allah next year will be better, keep up the good intentions and make lots of du'a !
May Allah make your affairs easy, ameen
:hearts:

:salam2:

Isra

aka Tree2008

Salaam.

As salamo alaikome

Oh my GOSH sister your post has me cracking up!!!! I have this picture in my mind of non-Muslims whispering this into each others ears and wondering if we are lookiing at them with hunger in our eyes. Maybe they are worried we might eat THEM!!!!! HAHAHAHAHAHAHA really thank you SOOOOO much for the huge laugh........I really really needed it. You are the greatest! :hearts: