I'm worried

hayat84

I'm not what you believe
:salam2:
my dears,I'm wondering about a matter and I don't know how to behave.A really dear person of my family is facing a difficulty and he unfortunately is making use of alchool.he's muslim(a'udhu billah)I am really affectioned to him and since I got engaged I knew his problem,but I tried to give him some advices for not to fall into this trap,but nothing changed.I ask to the members who have more knowledge:is there the possibilty that in this person there is some jinn which makes him to do what he doesn't want?I'm worried foe his health.please,any advice is well accepted.thank you alls:wasalam:

Shak78

Dear Sister, I have a husband who is an alcoholic and it is a disease if your friend lets it take over his life. What he is doing is called self-medicating so he does not feel the pain of whatever is bothering him. If you can, get him to talk about the issue with friends, family, his local Iman so he will stop turning to alcohol. My husband had to go to rehab to get control and that didn't work, only by attending classes has he stayed pretty sober. For his health if he is drinking heavily it can damage the Liver but that usually happens from long term drinking.

strive-may-i

I have often noticed you always mention about Jinn. And most of human sufferings pains are out of human will alone. Jinns rarely very rarely step into human affairs... Ask the scholars ask the knowledgeable people.

What this man needs is counselling, rehabilitation, make sure nobody gives him money for his drinking, ask him to move away from friends/acquaintence who drinker, make him aware of the sins of drnking, make him aware he is abusing his body, make him aware there is positive life outside and the world he enters as a drunkard is sober and just a mirage....

hayat84

I'm not what you believe
brother,this person knows whatt's doing.before my pregnancies,I saw him drunken and explained him many times that what was doing was against Islam and Allah,but he said me that he would have neve done it again.he said"wallahi 'adhim,ma bqash an dir dakshay khaib",that's to say"for Allah,I'll not do it 'cause it's bad".
he uses to lie to everybody,but he is really affectioned to me and my children.it's like the unluck is following him,because we spent very good time,he always said to my husband to treat me good and he swearde that he would have never drunk again,but now it's worse.I tried every way with him,I'm pretty sure that what he earns from his job,he uses to buy alchool.now he can't see me because he is "ashamed"from me:he knows how much I tried with him and I understand why he doesn't want to come to visit my family.I wonder why all this:girl3:

esperanza

revert of many years
brother,this person knows whatt's doing.before my pregnancies,I saw him drunken and explained him many times that what was doing was against Islam and Allah,but he said me that he would have neve done it again.he said"wallahi 'adhim,ma bqash an dir dakshay khaib",that's to say"for Allah,I'll not do it 'cause it's bad".
he uses to lie to everybody,but he is really affectioned to me and my children.it's like the unluck is following him,because we spent very good time,he always said to my husband to treat me good and he swearde that he would have never drunk again,but now it's worse.I tried every way with him,I'm pretty sure that what he earns from his job,he uses to buy alchool.now he can't see me because he is "ashamed"from me:he knows how much I tried with him and I understand why he doesn't want to come to visit my family.I wonder why all this:girl3:

dear sister...i feel for your problem...but its little onfusing ,is he from your family or your husbands...if alchohol is really a problem ,itsnot good for him tobe around your children ,but at the same time he needs help ..may Allah help you

saifkhan

abd-Allah
As-salam'alaykum warahamtu-llahi w abarakatuhu

I'd like to share a video, a good lesson form the life and reign of Umar radhiAllahu anhu

please watch it, really good piece of advice and lesson from Umar radhiAllahu anhu

[yt]3XC7bjB5Gjk[/yt]

I hope this will help insha Allah
wassalam

hayat84

I'm not what you believe
thanks a lot for the video,I understand the point,I would do my best to free this person from his addiction.it's my husband's uncle.he's nearly 50 years old,has no wife,no children,no satisfactions,except his married nephews.I mentioned Jinn because this man is really kind and generous,he has many dreams to relize,but he never does it.every time he feels misunderstood or he feels sad,he forgets all his dreams,nephews and all his dears and he drinks until he loses his reason.he doesn't live with us,my husband can't allow such a behaviour in front of little children.he know that alchool is Haram,but he forgets everything and when he wakes up,he behaves like it has happened nothing.he's damaging his health and when he'll die what will he aswer to Allah?

esperanza

revert of many years
this is really sad story... i really hope that someone like your husband an talk to him and make him see he is losing his life now and in the hereafter ..and for what... i dont know about jinn.. but sadfly there are quite a number of muslims have let alcohol beome part of their lives...

it is sad that he has no family ..but it is never to late if he would only change his ways..
i think your husband and his brothers must talk to him ,they are the losest and do all in their power to help him ..may Allah guide you all

Farah786

Salam. sister from drinking alchol you become an addict. It is utterly Haram in Islam to drink. Talk to him of what Allah says and who would HE listen to.

S

siddeeqa

As-Salaamu alaykum wa-Rahmatullah

A very beneficial read is Shaykh Yunus Patel (RA)’s book “KICKING THE HABIT” – download from Shaykh’s website YunusPatel.co.za

Alhamdulillah, many gave up drug, drink, smoking and gambling habits after reading this book.
The Shaykh had given excellent prescriptions.

hayat84

I'm not what you believe
thank you for the replies,in these days he's not drinking,he prays everyday,he asks forgiveness for his weakness,but there is a moment where maybe bad friends,or simply his status of single man,with problems at the work-place,make him so sad that he refuges into this bad habitude to forget the problems.

YMYuke

Salaam sister, does he hang around with bad people, or people that drink/smoke and/or go clubs or places that alcohol is served? If you warned him and you talked to him and he didn't take any of your advice then i would say to just make dua and leave him alone with it, he's responsible and he does know what he is doing is haram if he is muslim and it is just ignorance.

hayat84

I'm not what you believe
brother,I fight everyday with my ideas of following Sunnah,but it's like nobody listens to me.he smokes cigarettes and yes,he sometimes go to a bar where he knows the same bad people.in that moment he forgets his dears and when my husband finds him ,he refuses to be helped.when he wakes up,he doesn't remember anything(or maybe he knows everything but he ashames)...Allah is punishing him through the difficulties to test his faith but he doesn't understand the price he's paying with his ignorance.do you know why he doesn't drink now???because he has no money...it's really sad

serena77

May Allah (swt) guide him, but I think he needs help.. I think .. from what you say... that he is honestly sorry for it. I honestly believe he means that dear sister. Just because he sins again, doesn't mean he isnt sorry when he is sober. Maybe what he needs is Allah (swt) to guide him to someone that can talk to him on his level.. make him understand but at the same time, not be immersed in the situation.

my father ... was a horrible alcoholic and an atheist.... he actually chose alcohol over my mother and myself. His therapist decided to date him instead of curing him. It was never a good situation, but i don't believe he could have stopped if he had wanted to. I have blamed myself for years for his drinking... right or wrong. Drinking like that affects everyone, and i will say du'a for him. sorry if this is a little rambling, but i feel so much for him and hope that something is able to bring him out of this.
Serena

hayat84

I'm not what you believe
yesterday it happened again.I called him at the telephone after my husband tried to bring him to home.he was drunk and I told him that he was destroying his life.I told him that Allah hasn't punished him alone but it's himself who's puninshed himself with this behaviour,because it's clear that Allah forbade what's harmful for us...but he feels like the only one unfortunate man on the earth and he drank to forget his problems.I told him that problems will get bigger when he'll wake up.but he justifies himself saying that he founds no job,has no family.he wants not to be helped.I told him to come to us and stay with us,there is an empty room in our houes and he can enjoy his nephews......he denied the help of his mother in morocco,who cries for her unfortunate son.I wonder how long he will stay alive.there is nothing to do with someone who refuses a help.he siad me to remember him in my prayers.I did it and I do everyday for every my dears...Allah listens to my prayers,but I can do nothiing if this poor man fell into this addiction,knowing that is Haram.it's a bad exapmle for me as muslima,because I always thought that all muslims were obedient to Allah,while it's not so

esperanza

revert of many years
yesterday it happened again.I called him at the telephone after my husband tried to bring him to home.he was drunk and I told him that he was destroying his life.I told him that Allah hasn't punished him alone but it's himself who's puninshed himself with this behaviour,because it's clear that Allah forbade what's harmful for us...but he feels like the only one unfortunate man on the earth and he drank to forget his problems.I told him that problems will get bigger when he'll wake up.but he justifies himself saying that he founds no job,has no family.he wants not to be helped.I told him to come to us and stay with us,there is an empty room in our houes and he can enjoy his nephews......he denied the help of his mother in morocco,who cries for her unfortunate son.I wonder how long he will stay alive.there is nothing to do with someone who refuses a help.he siad me to remember him in my prayers.I did it and I do everyday for every my dears...Allah listens to my prayers,but I can do nothiing if this poor man fell into this addiction,knowing that is Haram.it's a bad exapmle for me as muslima,because I always thought that all muslims were obedient to Allah,while it's not so

dear sister your trying your best,,all you can do is make dua for him ,,really its so sad as you say that someone muslim and hes not ayoungman xan reach this state..maybe its better fro him if he is back in hiscountry???

hayat84

I'm not what you believe
he's no money to go to his country because he's spent them drinking!it's dramatic but what can I do?