In which age is permissible to get marry by Shariah Low????

Asja

Pearl of Islaam
Assalamu Allaucomu wa rahmatullah Wa Barakatuhu dear brothers and sisters.

May you all be in the best state of heath and faith Inshallah.

Like you all know it is our duty to seek knowlodge Alhamdulillah and to ask questions on which we do not have answer,or answers which we do not understand.

I know that we all on TTI are not schoolars but some have more knowlodge about some issues.

First question:
We all know that our Prophet Mohammed s.a.w.s marry hazrat Aisha when she was 6-9 years old.So,my question is.....Is it permissible for every other Muslim man to marry a child of 8 or 9 years???I mean with this on mattrimonial contract.
But waht happens if a girl reach her maturity with 9 years, and she need to be married for "real" for that man??????I hope Inshallah you understand me.

Second question:Like we all know by Shariah Low for valid marriege it need to be presented consent of girl that is geting marry.Like we all know child can reach her maturity with 14,15,16 years or even with less ages.Do you think that this child can bring so importante decision like is marrriege???

Third question:
Is this mean that Allah subhan we teal alowed marriege with a child because we know that persone of 8,9,10,11,12,13,14,5,16 years is a child.Astagfirullah.:astag:

Fourth question:Does a silence means agrrement and consent for marriege???And in which cases???

Fifth question:
Why Allah subhan we teal order our Prophet Mohammed s.a.w.s. to get marry with Hazrat Aisha(and she was a child) and why our Prophet Mohammed s.a.w.s accepted that???

May Allah forgive me but these questions are making me sad and confused,and I can not understand some answers because al the time I have image of a child and it is making me sad and confused how Allah alowed it.But Allah knows the best.

PS: Before fow days ago I have send a thread about the case which happen in Saudia Arabia where a muslim man of 47 years old marry a child of 8 years.:astag:
This case has hurted me so much so I open this thread for the sake of Allah,but brother Moderator has deleted it and put it in moderation.
When I send a message to ask waht happens with my thread brother Moderator has explained me that he will moderate my thread but that never happend.I was crying all day because I have only said that I do not agree and I do not understand this case,but this brother did not understand my words,and it made me feel like I have done something wrong towerd this brother.:SMILY23::SMILY23::SMILY23::(

But Alhamdulillah like Allah told us to seek knowlodge,it is importante for us to cross all obstacules,Inshallah with Allahs help.

I hope Inshallah someone will help me to understand better dear brothers and sisters.

May Allah bless you all:tti_sister::tti_sister::tti_sister:

Wa Allaicomu saalam wa rahmatullah Wa Barakatuhu

daywalker

:salam2: People may married as long as they have reached puberty. and the result of being married with aisha(rd) is present infront of us, as we got thousend of hadith narrated via her cause of her young memorisation.

and the gape between the ages of husband and wife, is nothing new. its their own decision.

Asja

Pearl of Islaam
:salam2: People may married as long as they have reached puberty. and the result of being married with aisha(rd) is present infront of us, as we got thousend of hadith narrated via her cause of her young memorisation.

and the gape between the ages of husband and wife, is nothing new. its their own decision.

Allaicumu Salam

Thank you dear brother for your answer

So if someone reaches pubertety with 9 or 10 years that persone can get marry even if she or he is still a child???

How is that possible when these children do not know what means life and less marriage.

:wasalam:

a_muslimah86

Hubbi Li Rabbi
Staff member
:salam2:

First Question...there is *nothing* in Sharia law which made it exclusive for Rasulullah (saaws) to marry a young woman..and there is certainly *nothing* in Sharia law *forbidding* Muslim men from marrying young women...if a girl hits puberty that means she of an age to marry...if her parents see it's best that she marries then..they can do that..if they see it fit that she gets older..they can do that..it is a matter of what the parents see fit for their daughter..and to each *specific situation* is a *specific condition*

Second Question...If the young woman is given a proper Islamic upbringing..and she knows the beauty of marriage and its nature to keep evil from happening (i.e. dating, zinaa, etc.)..then I think she will most likely make a decision based on that..and mashallah there are young women of that age that are quite mature and comprehend life better than women of 30..40..or 50 years of age..and since the consent of the girl proposed-to is important..the sister can accept or refuse accordingly

Third Question...I don't know but do you think a 16 year old for example is a child?..of course not she's an adolescent!..and comprehending one at that..in the U.S. a 16-year-old can drive a car and get a job and support him/herself..even 14-year-olds in fact can get jobs (though with some specific conditions)..if civil law allows something like this don't you think it means that there's an awareness towards *the comprehension* a teenager possesses?...if the girl is of younger age..then her parents decide *for her* based on what is best for her because they are her guardians..Allah (swt) does not allow something unless there are conditions to it *bounding it* and *controlling it* so it is not abused by those weak in knowledge and/or iman (I know sometimes unfortunately parents do abuse this..but they will answer to Allah regarding that and Allah knows best)..

Fourth Question..*Yes silence is considered consent*..and it is in the condition that a sister has never been married before..this comes from a hadith..and her silence is taken as her acceptance because naturally the sister's haya'a would keep her from answering..a sister who'd been previously married may give an audible *consent* or she can take silence as her consent which ever one makes her comfortable..

Fifth Question..the marriage of Rasulullah and Sayidatina Aisha (ra) has a wisdom behind it and it came from a vision which Rasulullah (saaws) saw..back then it was common for people to marry off young..in fact up until the 50's and early 60's it was not uncommon for younger girls to marry at ages as young as 12 and 13..and they considered an unmarried sister of 18 or 19 a *spinister*..and to this day..in many parts of the Arab world (and I am talking specifically about it because I cannot speak on behalf of other regions) girls are engaged at younger ages and the marriage is consummated when they finish high school or graduate from college and so on..anyway..back to the main point of the question..when one reviews the Sunnah for example..he/she will see that many of the *fundamental* hadiths are narrated by Sayidatina Aisha and it is because she was practically raised by Rasulullah and witnessed many of the important events an aspects of his life..Rasulullah (saaws) had even said about her "take half of your deen from al-humayra'a" (al-humayra'a means "the red or reddish one" it was Rasulullah's nickname for Sayidatina Aisha (ra)..because she was she had an extremely light complexion with a redness to it)..and after the death of Rasulullah (saaws) scholars resort to her (ra) for many verdicts and hadiths..so this makes the divine wisdom of that marriage very apparent..and of course it goes to show that marrying at a young age is not prohibited in Islam :)

I think it's excellent you're asking the questions instead of sticking to what you might hear or misunderstand sister..and if your thread got deleted I trust it's nothing personal against you..perhaps the brother who deleted it had saw that it is best for you and TTI that such matter is not discussed with *emotions* looming instead of *logic* and *sharia law* in mind..and inshallah things will be cleared up for you here..

I apologize for making this lengthy..and if you have any further questions..do not hesitate to ask them..like you said many here are knowledgable and they can provide you with evidence from the Qura'an and the Sunnah and even clarify things for you in a very professional manner

Salem9022

In Islam you can get married when you reach Puberty. Thats the natural sign in Islam. Also they must be able to distingush right from wrong as in what is Halal and what is Haraam. Thats about it from what I know.

Aslo it's really funny as in regards to the christians, that each christian majority nation in the world has it's own minimum consent age. in America it's 16, in Holland it's 14. In Russia its 13 etc. They themselves can't agree on the age of consent, which is naturally the case since their foundation which is that Jesus a Man-God is absurd. So thus when you'r foundation is weak your structure does not stand still. Thats the case for many non-muslim societies.

but Al7umdulillah that in Islam we have follow what is natural, which is apparent that is that puberty is the indicatator when one can get Married. and not everyone reaches their puberty at the same age. So for some countries it might be 9, others it might be 13, others 20 somhow, etc.

safiya58

the true age of Aisha ra at her marriage

According to many sources, under it Ibn Kathir, Aisha was 10 years younger then her stepsister Asma. Ibn Kathir reported that Asma witnessed the death of her son in the year 73 after hijra and died few days after that in the age of 100. this statement is also ackknowledged by Ibn Hadjar and he called the year 73 or 74 after hijra "the year of death". Conclusion: Asma was in the 1. year after hijra 27 or 28 years old and because Aisha was 10 years younger then her, she was 17 or 18. And when she moved in together with the Prophet saw she have to be 19 or 20 years old.

To that Aish ra is known for participating in many battles, like the battle of Badr, 2 years after hijra, it means 1 year after her marriage. The women were responsible for the injured. And according to Buchari prophet Muhammed saw didn´t allow kids of 14 years to participate on millitary disputes and he saw set the age of 15. It is not to assume that an exception was made for Aish ra

I once read, that used to the arabs started to count the age of the girls after they have reached puperty.... For example when a girl comes to puperty with 9 years than she would be 1 year old... maybe it could be the reason why there is so much confusion on Aisha´s raa age.

Dear lil sister don´t be sad... Islam is a just religion and does not accept doing anyone wrong. The noble quran is rejecting the marriage of immature girls and boys likewise it is rejecting them to be entrusted with responsibillity.

If I would have a daughter of 8 years and a 47 year old man proposes to her.... I would give him his lecture.... I ask Allah to take revange from the unjust people.....

Asja

Pearl of Islaam

First Questionand there is certainly *nothing* in Sharia law *forbidding* Muslim men from marrying young women...

:salam2: sister

Jazzak Allah khair sister for your reply.

I did not meant sister that Islaam forbids marring a young women Alhamdulillah.I means is it alowed marrying a child 8,9,10,11,12,13,14..... These are ages of child and not of your women and there is diffrence betwen that.

So my question is ,Does Allah suubhan we teal alows to Muslim man to marry a child???

Second Question...If the young woman is given a proper Islamic upbringing..and she knows the beauty of marriage and its nature to keep evil from happening (i.e. dating, zinaa, etc.)..

A child of 8,9,10,11,12 etc thinks about playing with dools,school,her friends.She is a child!!!!She will think about marriege when she become enough adult Inshallah with Allahs will.

Third Question...I don't know but do you think a 16 year old for example is a child?..of course not she's an adolescent!..and comprehending one at that..in the U.S. a 16-year-old can drive a car and get a job and support him/herself..even 14-year-olds in fact can get jobs (though with some specific conditions

Yes dear sister 16 years old girl is a child(adolescent) and adolescets are persone with16,17,18,19 years.
This is actulay a problem in American society where they are giving permit to a childrens(adlescent) from 16 years to drive a car,they are leting them go out,dring alcohol,making car accidents etc.And do you know waht happens with this childrens????They are childrens,they can not think like adult persone!!!!!How many of them make a suicide,being raped Astagfirullah,getting dissases of making zinaa Astagfirullah etc.

Fourth Question..*Yes silence is considered consent*..and it is in the condition that a sister has never been married before..this comes from a hadith..and her silence is taken as her acceptance because naturally the sister's haya'a would keep her from answering..a sister who'd been previously married may give an audible *consent* or she can take silence as her consent which ever one makes her comfortable..

Alhamdulillah sister I know for this hadith but there are some situacions where silnce can not be accepted like consent.!? What if litlle girl is forced and they told her onyl to keep silence!?
Alhamdulillah everything depends from diffrent situactions.

Or for example if you ask a child of 10 years who reached pubertety:"Wil you marry me"??? In the most cases she will kept silence because she does not know what you are asking her,because she is a CHILD!!!!!!
Does this mean consest????Ofcourse NOT!!!!! Alhamdulillah.

Or even if she says "YES" ???? She is a child!!,A child can not make deccisions so importante like a marriege!!!

Fifth Question..the marriage of Rasulullah and Sayidatina Aisha (ra) has a wisdom behind it and it came from a vision which Rasulullah (saaws) saw..

Alhamdulillah dear sister for our beloved Prophet Mohammed s.aw.s. But if hazrat Aisha who was (6,9) and she was a child was importante for memoraising Hadiths,why Prophet mohammed s.a.w.s did not adopt her like his child????

and if your thread got deleted I trust it's nothing personal against you..perhaps the brother who deleted

Ofcourse sister,Alhamdulilalh we all are here Muslims,and Islaam does not aloow hidden actions.

May Allah bless you sister,and thank you for your reply

Asja

Pearl of Islaam

According to many sources, under it Ibn Kathir, Aisha was 10 years younger then her stepsister Asma. Ibn Kathir reported that Asma witnessed the death of her son in the year 73 after hijra and died few days after that in the age of 100. this statement is also ackknowledged by Ibn Hadjar and he called the year 73 or 74 after hijra "the year of death". Conclusion: Asma was in the 1. year after hijra 27 or 28 years old and because Aisha was 10 years younger then her, she was 17 or 18. And when she moved in together with the Prophet saw she have to be 19 or 20 years old.

To that Aish ra is known for participating in many battles, like the battle of Badr, 2 years after hijra, it means 1 year after her marriage. The women were responsible for the injured. And according to Buchari prophet Muhammed saw didn´t allow kids of 14 years to participate on millitary disputes and he saw set the age of 15. It is not to assume that an exception was made for Aish ra

I once read, that used to the arabs started to count the age of the girls after they have reached puperty.... For example when a girl comes to puperty with 9 years than she would be 1 year old... maybe it could be the reason why there is so much confusion on Aisha´s raa age.

Dear lil sister don´t be sad... Islam is a just religion and does not accept doing anyone wrong. The noble quran is rejecting the marriage of immature girls and boys likewise it is rejecting them to be entrusted with responsibillity.

If I would have a daughter of 8 years and a 47 year old man proposes to her.... I would give him his lecture.... I ask Allah to take revange from the unjust people.....

Allaicumu Salam dear sister Safiya

Inshallah you are in the best state of faith and health with Allahs mercy.:tti_sister:

Thank you soo much for your reply, you have healed my soul dear sister.

May Allah reword you on this world, and give you one of the highest places in Jannah.Ameen Ameen Ameen

And I completaly agree with you dear sister. How man of 47 years can marry a child of 8 years??? Did he forgot that he like Muslim should have shame and that it is half of iman.

Mashallah for your knowledge dear sister and may Allah increase it every day.Ameen

May Allah bless you dear sister and I love you for the sake of Allah.:hearts:

Salam

Your sister Asja

safiya58

my little sister jazak Allahu ckairan.... I´m glad when you feel comfortable now... oh and my knowledge has only increased because of your question... :)

I love you too for the sake of Allah my beloved sister Asja.... hope to met you in janatul firdevs inshaallah :)

a_muslimah86

Hubbi Li Rabbi
Staff member

I did not meant sister that Islaam forbids marring a young women Alhamdulillah.I means is it alowed marrying a child 8,9,10,11,12,13,14..... These are ages of child and not of your women and there is diffrence betwen that.

So my question is ,Does Allah suubhan we teal alows to Muslim man to marry a child???
Islam does not allow the marriage of children..as the sign of *marriageability* is "puberty"..for a female..hitting puberty has *clear* sign (I think you know what I mean)..upon hitting puberty..the girl of 8..9..10..11..or 12 is no longer a child..
A child of 8,9,10,11,12 etc thinks about playing with dools,school,her friends.She is a child!!!!She will think about marriege when she become enough adult Inshallah with Allahs will.
This will vary from one culture to another and even as specific as one household to another..for example at age 11 the last thing I ever wanted to do was play with dolls..I remember a friend of my father buying me a doll as a gift once..and I was mad that he did that because I felt I was too old for that :)..the level of maturity is influenced by the comprehension of every individual child and also by their upbringing..I know a 13-year-old who manages a household of 8 FAMILY MEMBERS (from cooking, to cleaning, to taking care of those younger and older, and so on)..this is something *I* find stressful for and I am 23-years-old taking care of 4 persons *temporarily*

Yes dear sister 16 years old girl is a child(adolescent) and adolescets are persone with16,17,18,19 years.
This is actulay a problem in American society where they are giving permit to a childrens(adlescent) from 16 years to drive a car,they are leting them go out,dring alcohol,making car accidents etc.And do you know waht happens with this childrens????They are childrens,they can not think like adult persone!!!!!How many of them make a suicide,being raped Astagfirullah,getting dissases of making zinaa Astagfirullah etc.
Though social problems are common amongst Western teenagers..not all of them are irresponsible..I think we need to be fair and realistic..many are very good and are even *religious* (they might be Christian or Jewish..but still..they are *religious*)..and many take their driving and working privileges for example very seriously and learn from them..anyway..my pointing out this matter was to show you that individuals at that age..with sound parental supervision..do have enough comprehension to make *serious* decisions..I didn't mention for example the decision of picking a *college major* or *where* to study that major..these things many young men and women have to determine very early on..that obviously displays a degree of comprehension of likes & dislikes..positives & negatives..which relates us back to their "ability" to make a decision regarding marriage...

Alhamdulillah sister I know for this hadith but there are some situacions where silnce can not be accepted like consent.!? What if litlle girl is forced and they told her onyl to keep silence!?
Alhamdulillah everything depends from diffrent situactions.
I believe that would be a special if not a rare case..through which interceedance of individuals seeking the good of young girl (if they know or find out she's forced) or through the discretion of the judge or shaikh finalizing the marriage agreement..if the marriage is finalized despite the fact..then sobhanallah..it is the will of Allah that this matter is completed..we cannot make sure that every bride to-be is given her Sharia rights 100%..there are older women..who'd been married before..and may have children..and upon marrying again..either get forced into it..or they get wronged "rights" wise..so the scenario you're asking about can vary greatly and has to be handled strictly on individual basis

Or for example if you ask a child of 10 years who reached pubertety:"Wil you marry me"??? In the most cases she will kept silence because she does not know what you are asking her,because she is a CHILD!!!!!!
Does this mean consest????Ofcourse NOT!!!!! Alhamdulillah.

Or even if she says "YES" ???? She is a child!!,A child can not make deccisions so importante like a marriege!!!
I am sure a good parent would NOT just toss their daughter into something like that..they would *at least* explain to her what's going on..and she will comprehend that which she is capable of comprehending..and if adjustments and/or conditions are needed..like I said..her parents..as her *guardians*..possess the right and the discretion to deal with the matter as they see fit

Alhamdulillah dear sister for our beloved Prophet Mohammed s.aw.s. But if hazrat Aisha who was (6,9) and she was a child was importante for memoraising Hadiths,why Prophet mohammed s.a.w.s did not adopt her like his child????
That wouldn't be feasible ukhti..how can you take a young woman (or even a young man) from her (or his) parents who are alive and well and *adopt* her (or him)?..mind you adoption is not even allowed in Islam..we can only *foster* children..and it is children who are less fortunate (i.e. orphaned)..so of course..it would not be possible for Rasulullah to adopt her or even foster her..and in this matter..we are picking at a will of Allah (swt)..and over-analyzing it when it is clear and in its context and possesses no faultiness as this was a common thing and remained a common thing for centuries after
Ofcourse sister,Alhamdulilalh we all are here Muslims,and Islaam does not aloow hidden actions.

May Allah bless you sister,and thank you for your reply
You're welcome ukhti..and may allah bless you as well

a_muslimah86

Hubbi Li Rabbi
Staff member

Sister this is all very interesting to me..I always thought the conclusion you made was done by individual non-authentic research to show the age of Sayidatina Aisha (ra)..if it not too much of a hassle to you..can you please refer me to the source that contains the information given by Ibn Katheer?..because you see..the indications of the age of Sayidatina Aisha come from a number of hadiths in *sahih bukhari* where she (ra) specifically gives her age as being 6 (for marriage) and 9 (for consummation)..you inticed me to go research on the topic on my own time as well..but I will really appreciate it very much if you direct me to the information given by Ibn Katheer..jazaki allah khair in advance :)

mhamzah

O ye who believe! Ye are forbidden to inherit women against their will. Nor should ye treat them with harshness, that ye may Take away part of the dower ye have given them,-except where they have been guilty of open lewdness; on the contrary live with them on a footing of kindness and equity. If ye take a dislike to them it may be that ye dislike a thing, and Allah brings about through it a great deal of good. (4:19)

http://www.islamswomen.com/marriage/..._marriages.php

Regarding Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) marriage to Hazrat Aisha:

A good lectures covering historical, cultural, religious and scientific aspects. - I'll recommend listening to it.

http://www.islamictube.net/watch/c4e...riage-to-Aisha

Puberty

Islamic law (and biblical law also) is that a person becomes eligible to marriage when he reaches the age of puberty.

Puberty refers to the process of physical changes by which a child's body becomes an adult body capable of reproduction. Puberty is initiated by hormone signals from the brain to the gonads (the ovaries and testes). In response, the gonads produce a variety of hormones that stimulate the growth, function, or transformation of brain, bones, muscle, skin, breasts, and reproductive organs. Growth accelerates in the first half of puberty and stops at the completion of puberty. Before puberty, body differences between boys and girls are almost entirely restricted to the genitalia. During puberty, major differences of size, shape, composition, and function develop in many body structures and systems. The most obvious of these are referred to as secondary sex characteristics.

In a strict sense, the term puberty (and this article) refers to the bodily changes of sexual maturation rather than the psychosocial and cultural aspects of adolescent development. Adolescence is the period of psychological and social transition between childhood and adulthood. Adolescence largely overlaps the period of puberty, but its boundaries are less precisely defined and it refers as much to the psychosocial and cultural characteristics of development during the teen years as to the physical changes of puberty.

Although there is a wide range of normal ages, on average, girls begin the process of puberty about 1-2 years earlier than boys (with average ages of 9 to 14 for girls and 10 to 17 for boys), and reach completion in a shorter time.[1] Girls attain adult height and reproductive maturity about 4 years after the first physical changes of puberty appear. In contrast, boys accelerate more slowly but continue to grow for about 6 years after the first visible pubertal changes

Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Puberty

Age of consent

While the phrase age of consent typically does not appear in legal statutes,[1] when used in relation to sexual activity, the age of consent is the minimum age at which a person is considered to be legally competent of consenting to sexual acts.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ages_of_consent

For historical age refer to lecture,

Current Age:

While the phrase age of consent typically does not appear in legal statutes,[1] when used in relation to sexual activity, the age of consent is the minimum age at which a person is considered to be legally competent of consenting to sexual acts.

The ages of consent for sexual activity vary by jurisdiction across North America. The age of consent in Canada is 16, all US states set their limits between 16 and 18, while some Mexico states have an age of consent as low as 12.

Local laws

The age of consent is:

puberty in: Nayarit, Querétaro
12 in: Aguascalientes, Baja California Sur, Campeche, Coahuila, Chiapas, Guanajuato, Guerrero, Hidalgo, Jalisco, Mexico City, Morelos, Oaxaca, Puebla, San Luis Potosí, Sonora, Tabasco, Tamaulipas, Yucatán, Zacatecas
13 in: Nuevo León
14 in: Baja California, Colima, Chihuahua, Durango, Quintana Roo, Sinaloa, Tlaxcala, Veracruz
15 in: Mexico (state)
18 in: Michoacán (as of August 2006)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ages_of..._North_America

Salem9022

Anyways, its suffice to say that the Prophet's enemies at that time didn't hold his Marriage to Ayesha radiallahu'anha against him. So who are these people after more than a thousand years later to say it was wrong? It was the norm of the society and the custom of particular societies especially those in which girls reached their puberty very young. We have to understand the society back then in accordance to their norms not our norms.

Asja

Pearl of Islaam

Islam does not allow the marriage of children..as the sign of *marriageability* is "puberty"..for a female..hitting puberty has *clear* sign (I think you know what I mean)..upon hitting puberty..the girl of 8..9..10..11..or 12 is no longer a child..
This will vary from one culture to another and even as specific as one household to another..B][/COLOR]

:salam2: sister

I apologise I thought that with 8,9,10 years are babys,and after these years are children.

Wa hawle wa la kuweata illahbilAllah

And parents can not explan to a baby or child waht si marriege as this baby/child can not understand it.

Islaam wants healthy society,and happy familys.

Allah would never alow marriege with babys(childrens,but still He knows the best!!!!!

And culture does not have nothing to do with islaam Alhamdulillah.In every country needs to be the same,as if culture is going agains Islamic normes this culture can not be accepted from side of Muslims.Alhamdulillah.

May Allah guide us all.

Asja

Pearl of Islaam

O ye who believe! Ye are forbidden to inherit women against their will. Nor should ye treat them with harshness, that ye may Take away part of the dower ye have given them,-except where they have been guilty of open lewdness; on the contrary live with them on a footing of kindness and equity. If ye take a dislike to them it may be that ye dislike a thing, and Allah brings about through it a great deal of good. (4:19)

Allaicomu saalam dear brother.

Welcome back dear brother.:)

Jazzak Allah khair dear brother for your kind reply,but can you give me the clear ayah which will prove that Muslim man can marry a baby or child??? Inshallah.

May Allah reword you

Asja

Pearl of Islaam
Anyways, its suffice to say that the Prophet's enemies at that time didn't hold his Marriage to Ayesha radiallahu'anha against him. So who are these people after more than a thousand years later to say it was wrong? It was the norm of the society and the custom of particular societies especially those in which girls reached their puberty very young. We have to understand the society back then in accordance to their norms not our norms.

Allaicomu Salam

Which are those who came a thousand years later to say taht something was wrong Astagfirullah????

Do you mean on this Saudi man who marry a baby of 8 year and court of Saudia Arabia who announced that this marriege is legal???.:astag::astag::astag: This is the real shame.,Astagfirullah.

Or you thought brother on someone else???

safiya58

Sister this is all very interesting to me..I always thought the conclusion you made was done by individual non-authentic research to show the age of Sayidatina Aisha (ra)..if it not too much of a hassle to you..can you please refer me to the source that contains the information given by Ibn Katheer?..because you see..the indications of the age of Sayidatina Aisha come from a number of hadiths in *sahih bukhari* where she (ra) specifically gives her age as being 6 (for marriage) and 9 (for consummation)..you inticed me to go research on the topic on my own time as well..but I will really appreciate it very much if you direct me to the information given by Ibn Katheer..jazaki allah khair in advance :)

no it´s not my own conclusion I´m not that smart, lol :) I read that on german sources once.... After searching I found that on english just for you... I have started a new thread about that topic cuz I never believed the Prophet saw married a child!!! and I want everybody to know that this is not true... Check this out please:
http://www.turntoislam.com/forum/showthread.php?t=54562

Salem9022

To Safiya58, That article is not authentic, "To Savanah" or what ever his name is, is not a Muhadiss, He has not studied the authenticties of hadiths or chains of Narrartions I don't know even if he/she is Muslim or not. So Please don't bring articles here which are not varified from scholars of Islam. He claims that Tabari made a Mistake on the age. No Matter if Tabari made a mistake or not that is not even part of the discussion, The Hadith which says she was 9 when she consumated the marriage was from the mouth of Ayesha Radiallahu'anha herself. She Narrated that Hadith herself. So I don't know why are you and these people making up things?

Also not everything which you google is true or athenticated. Verify your sources, because many people I see here have the habit of posting things from other websites and those 2 websites have 2 different creeds and beliefs subhan'Allah

Asja

Pearl of Islaam
no it´s not my own conclusion I´m not that smart, lol :) I read that on german sources once.... After searching I found that on english just for you... I have started a new thread about that topic cuz I never believed the Prophet saw married a child!!! and I want everybody to know that this is not true... Check this out please:
http://www.turntoislam.com/forum/showthread.php?t=54562

:salam2: my dear sister Safiya.

You are very smart;mashallah my dear sister.:)

May Allah reword you,and Alhamdulillah we put our trust in our Allah and in our beloved Prophet Mohammed s.a.w.s.

And thank you very much dear sister for opening a thread.

I love you:hearts:

May Allah bless you

safiya58

To Safiya58, That article is not authentic, "To Savanah" or what ever his name is, is not a Muhadiss, He has not studied the authenticties of hadiths or chains of Narrartions I don't know even if he/she is Muslim or not. So Please don't bring articles here which are not varified from scholars of Islam. He claims that Tabari made a Mistake on the age. No Matter if Tabari made a mistake or not that is not even part of the discussion, The Hadith which says she was 9 when she consumated the marriage was from the mouth of Ayesha Radiallahu'anha herself. She Narrated that Hadith herself. So I don't know why are you and these people making up things?

Also not everything which you google is true or athenticated. Verify your sources, because many people I see here have the habit of posting things from other websites and those 2 websites have 2 different creeds and beliefs subhan'Allah

dear brother Salem did you read the article from beginning to end?

and yes he is muslim :)

I have a question to you brother, no 2 questions.... how old was Aisha raa when Prophet Muhammed saw died? and how long they stayed married?