Interested in Islam

keen

Hi, I have a question. I am very interested in Islam and have been reading many of the articles posted on this website – including “What is a Muslim?” (/forum/showthread.php?t=2426)

Of particular interest to me is the statement that a “Muslim can be of any background, race, country and gender” because… I believe this is very liberating! Although it’s a very private aspect of myself, I am in fact a transgendered woman (and not yet married); For those of you who are not yet familiar with what it means to be a transgendered woman

I am fully post-op, and the only way you might question the veracity of my femininity would be because of my unusually deep voice: Most of the time I can get away with just telling guys that I have the flu and such… But I’m tired of lying, and I’ve always been a person who believed that truth is best, and I think that Islam might be the truth, and I want to put all this behind me and just get married, have a big family, and maybe do something different with my life – y’know ?

Thanks for your advices; May God bless you.

IbnAdam77

Travelling towards my grave.
Hi, I have a question. I am very interested in Islam and have been reading many of the articles posted on this website – including “What is a Muslim?” (/forum/showthread.php?t=2426)

Of particular interest to me is the statement that a “Muslim can be of any background, race, country and gender” because… I believe this is very liberating! Although it’s a very private aspect of myself, I am in fact a transgendered woman (and not yet married); For those of you who are not yet familiar with what it means to be a transgendered woman,

I am fully post-op, and the only way you might question the veracity of my femininity would be because of my unusually deep voice: Most of the time I can get away with just telling guys that I have the flu and such… But I’m tired of lying, and I’ve always been a person who believed that truth is best, and I think that Islam might be the truth, and I want to put all this behind me and just get married, have a big family, and maybe do something different with my life – y’know ?

Greetings,

Welcome to the family of TTI my sister in Humanity. Indeed you came with a great news that your heart is looking for truth and you want to find it. I would like to advice you to buy a translation of Quran and read for yourself. InshaAllah then, you will be sure that it is the truth. (You can read anywhere you want). But please make sure you are in a clean state before touching the book.

To become a Muslim, you have believe deep in your heart and say, "Laa Ilaaha Illallahu, Muhammadun Rasoolullah". (I bear witness that there is no God but Allah, and Muhammad is His Messenger).

From there onwards, you can move forward step by step. Do not make it hurry. Just learn little by little and practice what you learn.

Please do not hesitate to ask any questions that may arise. InshaAllah you will find all the brothers and sisters over here are very helpful.

Sincerely,
Brother IbnAdam

malinkundang

welcome to a big family here. :SMILY206::SMILY206:

yeah i agree with brother ibnadam..if u want to know more about islam get a copy of Quran and u can also post a question here where i'm sure there are a lot of tti members here who wud help you..

Welcome to tti again and may u benefited from this site.:SMILY139::SMILY139:

slaveofAllah88

Slave of Allah (swt)
aslm o aliakum :)

welcome to the community
and i also agree with the above members that getting a copy of Quran is the best option to go, Inshallah than ask Allah for guidance and see where it takes you.

naz haider

Assalam Alaikum sister,
Welcome to Islam and TTI. As everybody, i agree that reading the Holy Quran is the best way you can 'learn' about Islam, and the best way to benefit from or it is to 'practice' it. Practice what you learn and try to learn step by step and implement the teachings of Islam in your life.
Do not worry whether you are doing it right or not, do it with a pure heart. After all Allah judges the intention, not the way you do a certain thing. Having said that, do try and educate yourself with the nuances of Islam and try getting the right knowledge.
The things you can try for starting out can be- saying 'Bismillah' before you start anything new, or step out of your home to go somewhere.
Chant 'Allah Hu Akhbar' when climbing stairs and say 'Subhan Allah' while descending stairs... this is what all I used to do (these are just suggestion sister, i hope you benefit from this)
May Allah bless you and have mercy on you...
Allah Hu Akhbar

Albint_Almuslima

Im Proud 2 B Me!
AsalamAlakum,

Welcome to TTI

It’s nice to have u join this lovely community.

Insha Allah u benefit from us as we from u.

Enjoy ur stay Insha Allah,

Take Care,

Felip21

Peace be upon you sister.

You should starting reading books. I've read loads of books to introduce me to this wonderful universal religion. Try reading books that are not biased. Most unbiased Islamic books are written by Muslims themselves.

You should from now on not listen to the media or what Christians tell you about this religion. A lot of them tend to say Lucifer or Satan in the same sentence as Muslim or Islam.

You should buy a Quran or just go to your library. Try to read it with an open mind. Because people without an open mind will close the book immediately if they read something they do not like. A book that's very helpful in introducing Islam to someone that knows practically nothing about it is ' Islam For Dummies'. But remember, this book is only an introduction.

You should also stay away from people that do haram ( which loosely translates as bad/forbidden) things. Such as friends that constantly drink alcohol, have sex and gossip, are racists etc.

You should also confine yourself in a safe place. Maybe you live at home. If someone, let's say your mom, found out you were reading the Holy Quran, she may get mad at you. So in your first stages you should keep it to yourself. This can help grow your iman (faith) without interferences.

And remember, if Muslims in your area aren't very helpful, because of your situation, there are plenty others who will!

Reading the Holy Quran always brings comfort to the heart, no matter what emotions you are feeling.

Peace be upon you.

icadams

Of particular interest to me is the statement that a “Muslim can be of any background, race, country and gender” because… I believe this is very liberating! Although it’s a very private aspect of myself, I am in fact a transgendered woman (and not yet married); For those of you who are not yet familiar with what it means to be a transgendered woman,

Brothers and Sisters, I am concerned about this post.

I say this with no intention of offending or harming anyone, or causing conflict. I do not know what all of the rulings on these subjects are. However, this person is a male, going through a sex-change operation to become a female, and then wishes to marry and have a family. It seems to me that, unless there is an issue with being a hermaphrodite, this is a grave sin. I am under the impression that only the shia allow sex-change operations.

Please correct me if I am wrong.

IHearIslam

make dua 4 ma finals

I say this with no intention of offending or harming anyone, or causing conflict. I do not know what all of the rulings on these subjects are. However, this person is a male, going through a sex-change operation to become a female, and then wishes to marry and have a family. It seems to me that, unless there is an issue with being a hermaphrodite, this is a grave sin. I am under the impression that only the shia allow sex-change operations.

wa alaikum salaam warahmatuallah wabarakatuh brother,

that was exactly how I was thinking, but since Keen said, "iam going to put all these things behind" I assumed "all" things....Allah knows best though.
InshaAllah Keen will be corrected....I am pretty sure that Sex change is like a great sin.

a_stranger

:salam2:

I think this kind of opperantions if unnesessary done is a sin since it is to change what God (Allah) sobhanahu wa taaala has planned , but since it was done before Islam, the testemony of Islam (La Ellah Ellah Allah Mohammad Rasool Allah) will wipe all previouse sins , and our sister will be like a newborn by the mercy of Allah .and Allah knows best.:salah:

rightpath_357

Oh sis!!! I'm SO glad you could join this site!!!!!!:D
I hope you find it very beneficial here, Insha'Allah.
Allah knows what is best 4 you.
:)
Welcome to our BIG, HUGE family!!:lol:
:welcome:

jishad

Hi Keen ,

Peace be on you.

In Islamic perspective
, This life is a Test 4 the here after

(Earth birth ===>> Death==>> Birth ===>>day of judgement===>> Hell / Heaven)

If a person is born with a difficulty, such as a blind person and if he follows Islam he will have a PRIVELAGE over the normal people because he is having this difficulty

he wont be equally Tested but his test will be simplified.

For eg:- The poor people of this world will go to heaven 500 years earlier than the Rich as the rich people had more responsibility with their wealth.

Sister you been going through this difficulty and you are a women , You should know that , Allah (god) had given you this situation to make your test easier.

This life will end very soon , what really matters is the hereafter for that we have to worship the creator and do righteous deeds , so that we have more points on the day of judgement.

Insha allah you will find a nice husband and have a happy family in this world

And may allah grant you heaven

Learn Islam from Quran and do post questions here

for online quran (quran . com ) (quran explorer . com)

May Allah help you :salah:

Peace be on you

Mrmuslim

Smile you are @ TTI
Staff member
salaam alikom

I want people stop passing** I Think etc** Fatwa's. Stop doing this, if a person is interested in Islam teaching them Islam, their situation is between them and Allah.

A person didn't even become a Muslim and people already discussing his/her sin ?!

When a person at the time of the prophet peace be upon him use to become a Muslim did they tell him quiet drinking before you become Muslim or Islam changed them after they become Muslim.

Stop passing judgement on people, and stop looking at their mistakes instead try to teach them instead of pointing out their mistakes in public.

I would rather go and ask a sheikh or Imam before start passing my own judgment on people. You guys turn off people from Islam just by passing judgment without any knowledge, if you have an issue, and you think its wrong to become Muslim ... its better to keep it to your self and dont turn people a way from becoming Muslim... Now what is the judgment on such an issue, its BETTER to ask shyoukh.

Wa salaam alikom

IbnAdam77

Travelling towards my grave.

assalam 'alaikum warahmatullahi wabarakatuh

Brother please take into account that this sister is not a Muslim when she did that operation. So what Shia, Sunni, Sufi etc come here???

Subuhaanallah! Why are we so quick in judging people while it is the job of Allah alone?? Even if something has happened like you said, I am very sure she would not have done that if she knew about Islam before.

May Allah (subuhaanahu wata'aala) guide us to the correct ways and keep us steadfast on them. Ameen.

wassalam 'alaikum

sharazad

Sister
Welcome to a great site, dear Keen. :) Do not let peoples prejudices come to you, just read the Qur'an and ask question is my best advice to you as a non-muslim as well. People here are happy to help if you need them, Inshallah :)

a_stranger

Dear keen
I am sorry if any one offened you , i am sure all of brothers and sisters are very happy to have you here : please forgive us if we said anything wrong .......and continue your search ......May Allah brighten our hearts with his love . Islam is so wonderful it unites all people with love of their creator and make hearts pure and peacfull.

icadams

Brothers and sisters, especially Keen, please forgive me if I have offended anyone. It absolutely was NOT my intention to attack anyone. I do, of course, agree that that Keen should read the Quran and investigate Islam, as whatever our sins are, they are forgiven when we convert.

arzafar

when a person converts, all his previous sins are forgiven! Offourse you still have to pay any outstanding loans you may have.

Keen, you are encourage to search the truth and inshallah you will be guided to Islam.