Introduce myself !and have two questions

rachel

Hi ,everybody !
My name is Rachel ,i come from China ,this is the first time i come to this website.I am very glad to see so many brothers and sisters in this wonderful website .
I am a Han nationality Chinese,i have no religion belif before i meet my muslim friend ,he introduce this miraculous belief to me .I hope one day i will be a real muslim follower.Hope all brothers and sisters can help me .
And here ,i have two question ,hope you can help me:
1. Why muslim can not eat pork , for the port is not healthy or they are the god like Indian's cow .
2. Why the muslim man can marry with four women ?

Maybe those question very offensive ,but i hope all brothers and sisters can understand.

alkathiri

As-Shafaa'i(Brother)
hey Rachel!

Ni Hao Ma? :D I hope I said it right. Well, glad to have you here on the website and hope you enjoy it. Welcome! Here are some links that would be a great deal of help:

Hello Rachel,

Welcome Rachel to the site.
Keep the question coming, Rachel
hope you enjoy your stay here

Ni hao ma means how are you.
JazakAllah khair for the links

mutaqoon

Hi ,everybody !
My name is Rachel ,i come from China ,this is the first time i come to this website.I am very glad to see so many brothers and sisters in this wonderful website .
I am a Han nationality Chinese,i have no religion belif before i meet my muslim friend ,he introduce this miraculous belief to me .I hope one day i will be a real muslim follower.Hope all brothers and sisters can help me .
And here ,i have two question ,hope you can help me:
1. Why muslim can not eat pork , for the port is not healthy or they are the god like Indian's cow .
2. Why the muslim man can marry with four women ?

Maybe those question very offensive ,but i hope all brothers and sisters can understand.

Peace Rachel!
I am sure you can find answers from scholars for your above questions, but I thought I would share my opinion as well.

1. Pig is considered to be unclean. All you need to do is to leave a pig on a dirty road and see what it does/eats. Besides it has too much fat as well, and I have heard its so filthy to see them being slaughtered in a slaughterhouse. Another reason is that it was already prohibited for jews to consume pig. And christians who follow the old testament started consuming pork and Quran had the revealation banning it again.

2. Actually at ANY POINT OF TIME, a muslim man can have upto 4 wives IF AND ONLY IF he can treat them equally. Now Quran also says its really hard (or almost impossible) to treat them all equally. This was revealed at a time when men had more than 10 wives. Infact the normal practice was that when a father dies, the son inherits his father's wives. So Islam more or less streamlined this whole process and limited men to marry only 4 women. Not many muslims actually have 4 wives. In fact I heard that in Malaysia men prefer to have only one wife.

Also since the concept of mistresses isnt there in Islam, a man is allowed to have more than one wife than having one wife and multiple mistresses.

rachel

Thank you

Hi ,everybody ,thank you for your reply . now i got the answer of my question .thank you very much . Allah bless all of us.:tti_sister: :tti_sister:

ama6621

Assalam Alaikum,
I have something to add as to why we are forbidden to eat pork Insha Allah. This is from an email I had received a while ago.

WHY IS PORK FORBIDDEN IN ISLAM??

Bob: Tell me why is it that a Muslim is very particular about the words Halaal and Haraam; what do they mean?

Yunus: That which is permissible is termed Halaal and that which is not permissible is termed Haraam and it is the Qur'an which draws the distinction between the two.

Bob: Can you give me an example?

Yunus: Yes, Islam has prohibited blood of any type. You will agree that a chemical analysis of blood shows that it contains an abundance of uric acid, a chemical substance which can be injurious to human health.

Bob: You're right about the toxic nature of uric acid, in the human being it is excreted as a waste product and in fact we are told that 98% of the body's uric acid is extracted from the blood by the kidneys and removed through urination.

Yunus: Now I think that you'll appreciate the special prescribed method of animal slaughter in Islam.

Bob: What do you mean?

Yunus: You see, the wielder of the knife, whilst taking the name of the 'Almighty', makes an incision through the jugular veins, leaving all other veins and organs intact.

Bob: I see, this causes the death of the animal by a total loss of blood from the body, rather than an injury to any vital organ.

Yunus: Yes, were the organs, example the heart, the liver, or the brain crippled or damaged, the animal could die immediately and its blood would congeal in its veins and would eventually permeate the flesh.

This implies that the animal flesh would be permeated and contaminated with uric acid and therefore very poisonous; only today did our dieticians realize such a thing.

Bob: Again, while on the topic of food; why do Muslims condemn the eating of pork or ham or any foods related to pigs or swine.

Yunus: Actually, apart from the Qur'an prohibiting the consumption of pork, bacon (pig flesh); in fact the Bible too in Leviticus chapter 11, verse 8, regarding swine it says, "Of their flesh (of the swine another name for pig) shall you not eat, and of their carcass you shall not touch; they are "unclean to you." Further, did you know that a pig cannot be slaughtered at the neck for it does not have a neck; that is according to its natural anatomy? A Muslim reasons that if the pig was to be slaughtered and fit for human consumption the Creator would have provided it with a neck. Nonetheless, all that aside, I am sure you are well informed about the harmful effects of the consumption of pork, in any form, be it pork chops, ham, bacon.

Bob: The medical science finds that there is a risk for various diseases as the pig is found to be a host for many parasites and potential diseases.

Yunus: Yes, even apart from that, as we talked about uric acid content in the blood, it is important to note that the pig's biochemistry excretes only 2% of its total uric acid content, the remaining 98% remains as an integral part of the body.

Assalam Alaikum

rachel

how to convert? and should do what?

Dear brother and sister,
i am rachel come from china . i come to this website have a long time , and learn so many things about islam . i like ALLAH,i like islam , i like muslim . i think i also find the way i will living of my rest time . but about the convert what i am should do i am still not very clear. so i hope some person can help me .
and i china some place , the muslim ladies not need take headscarf, if i am convert can i do like that . :shymuslima1:also hope get reply

yusuf_pal

Salaam..

take it step by step..
there is a lot of wisdom behind 'why the veil is compulsory for a woman'

insha allah... you will realize it soon..

Zainudin Jaffar

Strive to be Mukmin
:salam2:

As bro Yusuf pal said take it a step at a time, you'll find easy inshallah

I suggest you talk your local muslim about this, they will explain much better in your local tongue. You might want to start by reading the quran and translation in chinese.

Please come back to us to share your thought inshallah

Omar (ex Andrey)

toLive&DieForAllah!
Salam Alleykum Rachel! Welcome to this site!!!

Allah created this wonderful world, universe with billions of galaxies, our planet with the best possible balance that allows life in its multiple forms, each being is extremely complex - consists of organs that consist of parts that consist of cells that consist of molecules that consist of atoms that consist of particles as various as objects in the universe. We are given all this for granted out of Allah's generosity - so that we can only acknowledge Allah as our creator. That's all! To accept our creator & to live by his laws!

Each of Allah's law has a very solid theory behind. But the point is not to find a scientific explanation and then to follow the law. Adam who was the 1st human that committed sin didn't do anything unscientific or unhealthy. It was an apple he ate. But it wasn't just an apple - it was a symbol of Adam's obedience to Allah's will - a test of his faith! the point wasn't an apple in itself - the point was keeping or breaking the law - Allah's law!

And it's the same with pork & wives. Of course there are lots of scientific proofs that pork is harmful & that there can be cases when 4 wives can be a solution (for example in the region I live in the demographical situation is that the number of women is here twice as much as the number of men) - but that's not the point!!!! Unfortunately there are millions of so-called Muslims who blindly follow these laws and regulations and don't know what stays behind them. People who fast & drink alcohol in the evenings... people who follow regulations for the sake of regulations...

Dear sister, don't think that I'm telling you that these laws aren't important. They are very important... but only if you follow them for the sake of Allah, for the sake of Islam - and not for ANY other reason... Please learn what stays behind 5 pillars of Islam! all the detail will come to you when you are ready. You build a house from the basis not from roof. If mother tells a child not to play with fire the child doesn't ask her for a scientific theory. the child either listens to mother or burns himself and then listens. Allah makes all these laws for the sake of us only. We cannot help Allah and we cannot do Allah any harm - Allah is self-sufficient. We just do it for our own good. To stay away from fire! And in our case - in the case of this worldly life - from hellfire... And following Allah's laws we have a precious chance to enter paradise!!!

We Muslims follow all these laws just with one purpose - so that Allah is pleased with us:salah::salah::salah:
May Allah guide you to Islam & increases your faith , sister:salah::salah::salah::salah::salah:

Omar

P.S.: there's a very good Islamic scholar Harun Yahya who deals with people who are new to Islam - he will explain it much better than me. www.harunyahya.com