Irish Revert

ShamsYusuf

Asalamualaikum wa rahmatuallahi wa barakatuhu brothers and sisters of Islam, my name is Shamsideen. I reverted 2 years ago during the last 10 days of Ramadan.

I was adopted into a Roman Catholic Canadian family at age 8. My mother is very devout and taught my brother and I the Lord's Prayer. We attended church every weekend. During my teenage years, however, I rebelled like many western teenagers. I swore that God was not real and began to practice Buddhism. I was quite enamored by that religion. I practiced it devoutly for approximately 5 years. I meditated and read all the scriptures. Nevertheless, I never felt true comfort.

After applying for university, I experienced depression and even attempted suicide. Thankfully, Allah wasn't finished with me at the point. I survived the attempt and am now feeling extremely blessed.

My interest in Islam began during the horrible events of 9/11 ( I was in highschool at this time). Not because I thought Muslims were terrorists, like the media portrayed, but because I realized that Muslims are not terrorists and that, in reality, only a minor amount of the members of the religion actually participate in terrorism. To make others aware of this I researched in depth all aspects of Islam. During my research I realized the beauty of the Qur'an and the many miracles within it. I wasn't convinced of Islam at this time though. It just interested me. So, after finishing highschool I dropped the topic. Throughout my university years, I heavily researched Islam once again after noticing the many flaws in Christianity. I knew there was a God but Jesus was only a prophet to me and Christianity was completely corrupted. I began reciting the Qur'an and listening to major reciters like Mishary and Sa'ud. I thought it was the most beautiful thing. While listening to it, chills spread throughout my body. I even burst into tears on several accounts.

Alhamdouillah, while on University campus one evening, a couple of Muslim brothers, both revert and Muslim born, had a display. I felt an urge to walk over to them and talk. I was much too shy though. But a brother saw me, and after asking if I'd like to talk to them, of which I answered yes, he led me towards the display. I gave the revert brother, of five years, my number and my e-mail. The very next day I met with him to learn Arabic and Islamic pillars.

Ramadan was approaching at that time so, even before reverting, I began to fast and pray intensely. He picked me up one day and we headed to the mosque together. This was the first time I entered a mosque. I was amazed by the acceptance of the brothers I felt once I walked through the doors. They all said "salam" to me and shook my hand.

By the end of Ramadan, I called my Muslim born brother Majed and told him "I'm ready". He was so excited. That night I said my shahadah and took the name Shamsideen. That was two years ago now and I have never looked back. Islam is the perfect religion and I feel so blessed to be led on the straight path by our Lord, Allah.

Shokran!

Perseveranze

Subhanallah, welcome to the biggest family on this planet brother. May Allah(swt) give you greater blessing and guide you and keep you strong in imaan.

sister herb

Official TTI Chef
Salam alaykum my brother in Islam;

thanks about sharing this great story of you and welcome to TTI forum.

your sister in Islam from Finland,
sister Harb

BrotherInIslam7

La Illaha Illa Allah
Staff member
Walaykumsalaam waa rahmatullahi brother Shamsideen,

A very inspiring story of your reversion to the faith of Islam. May Allah azz zawajal reward you and keep you and all of us firm on the deen. Ameen

I would like to welcome you warm heartedly to TTI :) .. I hope you are able to gain from the various articles and beneficial links that are shared on this website.

Also, Shamsideen has a very name MashaAllah and it is also the name of my uncle hafidhullah.

Take care.. Wasalaamalaykum

chokolaat

salam

:wasalam:

welcome brother May Allah guides you and may you benefit from this website. :)

your sister in Islam

chokolaat

sister herb

Official TTI Chef
:salam2:

I know some Irish whose have joined to other islamic forum and asking there basics of islam. May Allah gives them too true knowledge and helps them to path of Islam.

:tti_sister:

muslimshabs

salamu alaikum warahmatulahi wabarakatahu...

Your reversion story is so interesting... mashallah...
In such a younger age u had been thinking like a mature man...:)

May Allah bestow his mercy and blessings upon you...

lastly You are welcome to TTI...

wasalaam...

tariq353

Welcome brother ..........

Your reversion story is beautiful.

May Allah make it easy for you.

wa salam

mahaseeb

Asalamualikum...
Mashallah brother may allah bless you...
Jazak allah hu khair for sharing..
Abdul Haseeb

bari

Brother Shams, I am currently in Ireland, Dublin infact for my work. I often come to Dublin. The masjid in circular rod is absolutely amazing althought I do not get a chance to go there. The masjid next to Griffith college is closer, I fo there if work schedule permits. May Allah protect our Imaan.

DanyalSAC

Asalaamu alaikum and welcome. I too come from an Irish background, I have four tattoos and three of them are from Irish folklore. I tried to study Gaelic for a bit (rough, that). I grew up listening to Irish music, which was hard for me to put aside when I became Muslim.

My mother thinks that I've given all that up when I became Muslim...I told her no, I am still aware of my Irish background, but now I just look at it differently.

trudi

hello, sorry to bother you but i to am from a typical irish back ground and my mum doesn't understand either but what i wanted to know is will you have your tattoos removed as its not good being a muslim with tattoos is it ? i have a shamrock and im wondering do i have to get rid of them ?

DanyalSAC

hello, sorry to bother you but i to am from a typical irish back ground and my mum doesn't understand either but what i wanted to know is will you have your tattoos removed as its not good being a muslim with tattoos is it ? i have a shamrock and im wondering do i have to get rid of them ?

I have asked about this and have been told that no, I do not have to have them removed.

mosabaig

WELCOME TO THE BROTHERHOOD OF ISLAM

ALLAH HELP US IN EVERY STEP TO HIS PLEASURE, GIVE US STEADFASTNESS AND MAKE US HIS TRUE SERVANTS..WELCOME TO THE FAMILY OF ISLAM AND TTI

:wasalam: