Is insulin Haram??

slaveofAllah88

Slave of Allah (swt)
:salam2:

i want to know if insulin is haram in medicine?

:wasalam:

why would you say or ask if its haram?

best i can find it this hope it helps

Insulin injections taken by a diabetic do not invalidate the fast
There is a man who has diabetes, and he has subcutaneous injections. If he does not take this injection his blood sugar levels will rise. Is it permissible for him to take these injections during the month of Ramadaan?.

Praise be to Allaah.
There is nothing wrong with you taking these injections during the day for the purpose of medical treatment, and you do not have to make up those fasts. If you can take them at night without that causing you any hardship, that is better.

And Allaah is the Source of strength. May Allaah send blessings and peace upon our Prophet Muhammad and upon his family and companions.

Standing Committee for Academic Research and Issuing Fatwas, 10/252.

and see question no: ( 1319 )

Islam Q&A
http://www.islam-qa.com/en/ref/37892/insulin

thank you for your assistance but what I would like to ask is whether insulin is haram. I mean I read that insulin comes from animal sources specifically swine so should we accept insulin injections from the doctor if they suggest so?

queenislam

★★★I LOVE ALLAH★★★
Yes,there is Halal Insulin.

thank you for your assistance but what I would like to ask is whether insulin is haram. I mean I read that insulin comes from animal sources specifically swine so should we accept insulin injections from the doctor if they suggest so?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

There are not only haram insulin but there is halal insulin created as well please visit

click below

http://www.sulit.com.ph/index.php/classifieds+directory/q/halal+insulin

for more information .

Thank you,
Take Care!

~Wassalam :)

DanyalSAC

This is a very good question; as a diabetic myself I had to find this out also. You are correct there are some insulins that come from swine. All you have to do though is tell your pharmacist that you can accept HUMAN INSULIN ONLY. All my insulin bottles say "human" on them, so I know they're OK. But then my doctor knows I am Muslim so I am sure the prescription specified that.

Abu Talib

Feeling low
Yes as weekslave has mentioned I had asked my friend who is a doctor he said the same that these days we get Human Insulin which is ok to use so no problem with it