Is it Conceivable?

Can Reverts overtake Muslim believers in number?

• Yes

Votes: 10 58.8%
  • No

Votes: 7 41.2%

• Total voters

Tomtom

Banned
As'alaamu Alaikkum Wa Rahmatullhi Wa Barakatuhu

An extraordinary number of people are reverting to their natural religion and there is a growing force throughout the world. It was inconceivable a few years ago that particularly Americans would embrace Islam. The country was founded on strong Christian principles and there are still millions of people in America who would die for their faith. The 'founding fathers' even began the American declaration thus "In God we trust...." stressing that we are talking about God from a Christian perspective.

There are also movements all across the world towards Islam, particularly the Philippines which is a strong Catholic stronghold and also the African nations such as Nigeria and Western Africa are showing sign of religious upheaval possibly breaking out into a religious war.

So in this context, the question arises, is it conceivable that these new reverts to Islam can overtake the believing Muslims?

lostlilly07

striving 4 Firadous
Wa alaikum salaam,

I would say yes! From my experience, I worked in Islamic school in America even though most of the students their were born muslim alot of the older ones were attracted to "christian lifestyle or media lifestyle" now i know this does not take them outside of Islam but you or at least I saw a weakness in their faith and their parent's faith. Where on the other hand, I had a fellow colleague who quit the Islamic school because she felt like the school's passive behavior about following religion doctrine was making her a bad muslim. This fellow colleague was also a revert and I say this because unlike the "born muslims" her heart was more content and I didn't see this weakness in her as I did in the born muslims. So, for that reason, yes reverts could outnumber "born muslims" but then again what happens when the "reverts" have children...are they considered the "born group" or the revert group.

OsMaN_93

Here to help
I highly doubt that would happen, so I voted No. But, I think the Muslim religion will be the #1 most practised belief in the world very soon, since Islam is on the rise as opposed to Christianity which is decreasing in numbers at a rapid rate.

Most of the Muslim countries (which consist of mainly people who were born Muslims) have quite a high rate of children born per woman (average ~3 kids/woman). Source: https://www.cia.gov/library/publications/the-world-factbook/rankorder/2127rank.html Most of the Muslim countries' ranks range from around 50-102 as opposed to western countries which rank much higher (meaning, less children born per woman). So, my point; Muslim people in the East are reproducing at a very high rate. lol

I do agree with you to an extent. If you look at practising Muslims, you'd probably find a higher ratio of reverts who practice compared to Muslims born into Islam who practice.

wasalam alikom

Musalmaan

An extraordinary number of people are reverting to their natural religion and there is a growing force throughout the world. It was inconceivable a few years ago that particularly Americans would embrace Islam. The country was founded on strong Christian principles and there are still millions of people in America who would die for their faith. The 'founding fathers' even began the American declaration thus "In God we trust...." stressing that we are talking about God from a Christian perspective.

:salam2:

Slightly off topic but I don't think thats the case:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=P5OHlnAPFxg#!

And Allah knows best.

Ershad

Assalamu Alaikkum wa rahamatullahi wa barakatuhu,

There is no point in making such comparison. Reverts or muslims by genealogy, both are same in the eyes of Allah. Only thing will make one greater than the other is by faith. Such statistics provide no useful information. I think muslims shouldn't worry about the future. There is lot of things to worry about in the present. The future, leave it to the Qadr of Allah. We do our best in Dawa'h.

Similarly, there is lot of discussion about Dajjal, Al-Mahdi etc. Some people say we are preparing for their arrival. There is no point in this. We believe what the Qur'an and Sunnah says about them. Period. We don't have to predict, or compare or prepare etc.

Allahu musta'an

Munawar

Striving for Paradise
I voted Yes because not only I think it will eventually happen but also I want it to happen.
:wasalam:

strive-may-i

:wasalam:

And could you clarify what you want eventually to happen?

I hope and pray, you too are rubbing shoulders with the person beside you, no not in anger, but out of piety, Love and sense of belonging in Jama-ath bowing to Almighty Allah together and getting 70 times more blessing...

:)

strive-may-i

So in this context, the question arises, is it conceivable that these new reverts to Islam can overtake the believing Muslims?
Overtake or outnumber?

Lets take an example, lets say there are 7 billion martians. and out of that 1.2 billion are 'pink' martians. The rest are blue martians. martian when they come in contact with blue martians could become pink. Each generation of martian survives for 125 years... So are you saying that in one generation ,the count of blue martians who turn pink would outnumber the already pink martians?

And what makes you think the rate is extra-ordinary? Whats the possibility that a similar reversion rate was not seen in past, in same peaceful means??

strive-may-i

Assalaam walaikum,

What does the scripture tell us?
Are you referring to the period in future where after Dajjaal's fitna is over, there would be peace and prosperity? Or is there something else that you want us to ponder over?

Hard Rock Moslem

I'm your brother
Let's talk as 1Ummah, not reverts and born Muslims. Everyone born Muslims anyway, our parents are the one made us converting to other religion.

Al-bint

Smile! It's Sunnah!
salaam alaikum!

i believe they can... simply b'coz i feel most of the born muslims dont exactly know the importance of faith and so take religion for granted on the other hand reverts are more serious with regards to the obligations. Thats my point of view, may be right may be wrong.

rest Allah knows best!

jazakallah!

Perseveranze

There are also movements all across the world towards Islam, particularly the Philippines which is a strong Catholic stronghold and also the African nations such as Nigeria and Western Africa are showing sign of religious upheaval possibly breaking out into a religious war.

I just think in a few centuries, just like "Asian Muslims" and "Chinese Muslims" and "African Muslims", "Arab Muslims" are the norm, so will be "European Muslims", Inshallah.