Is it possible to keep four wives?

khangul

your sister
my kids are going to be the best cricketers in the whole wide world! 100 runs in first over!

:salam2:
brother if you want your kids good cricketers, it means you ll be their coach and you will give all your time to your players not their moms.and it is clearly not justify.so be patient we are 8 brothers and sisters from single mom .you can also have ten kids with one wife or ok two wives.

Aapa

Mirajmom
Salaam,

Sister please explain what you mean by shame. Not everyone is full of shame. There are times in life when we can have other emotions.
Secondly, having sex is not shame. It is a biological necessity. I think there is some cultural abyss between us. I am at a total loss as to your construct of shame and modesty.
What does wearing make-up have to do with the contents of a heart??
And I have written this before Ali had bondswomen. He slept with his right hand possessions.

And if you want to have a cricket team marry at least two to three wives. Let them rest after childbirth.

sazk

Banned
leave it... she's trying to say 'sharam aur haya' - decency and modesty.

but she's using another word for sharam which is shame which makes everything fall out of context and un-understandable.

i guess that's why the Quran has to be memorized and recited word for word. because one thing can have 100 words for it, if the proper word is not used correctly in context with what the sentence is trying to say, everything fall apart. :SMILY47:

[

Yes dear brother they both are modest,and Allah knows the best,but one is more modestinfront of Allah and it is man with only one wife,and Alhmdulillah everyone who is enough reasonable would understand that.

Salaam,

I humbly disagree. Prove it, show me the evidence. How are you defining modesty in terms of one wife or four wives? What makes them "more" modest?

I am confused how you are implying the word 'modesty.' One should be modest in eating, sleeping, giving charity, etc. What does one or four wives have to do with modesty when Allah swt has made it permissible?

It is the same like I ask you brother,who is more modest???.The girl who put a loot make up on her face,loot of jewlery,and the most beautiful cloth,than the one who does not put make up ,who does not put jewlery,and wearing simple cloth.
Who of these two womens is more modest???

I think you are going off tangent. You are arguing that a man who marries one is more modest than a man marrying four wives. I want to know where you got this infomation/ideology from.

Alhadulillah they are not the same in modesty,so by that they are not the same infront of Allah.!!!

Again, prove it with your daleel (evidence/proof).

Alhadmulillah he did not want to marry with more wife,but he must marry with other wifes because of Allah orders and to increase more Islam in the time,(meaning on tribles which were existing in that time).

Islam is not just for a specific time period! The Prophet is a "walking Quran." His examples, are still carried forward today in the coldest parts of Siberia to the hottest desert of the Sahara. Don't we want to increase the Muslim population today? Our blood is being spilled in the Middle East. Should those widowed wives who lost their husbands & have the responsibility of taking care of their 4-5 children remain unmarried, since the men population are dying exponentially? Islam is the past, present and future.

What means modesty and shame for you???

Simple, whatever God allows (halal) and disallows (haram). The guidelines are written in the Quran, hadiths, fatwas,etc.

Asja

Pearl of Islaam
Salaam,

Sister please explain what you mean by shame. Not everyone is full of shame. There are times in life when we can have other emotions.
Secondly, having sex is not shame. It is a biological necessity. I think there is some cultural abyss between us. I am at a total loss as to your construct of shame and modesty.
What does wearing make-up have to do with the contents of a heart??
And I have written this before Ali had bondswomen. He slept with his right hand possessions.

And if you want to have a cricket team marry at least two to three wives. Let them rest after childbirth.

Assalamu Allaicomu

Please dear sister,do not express you selfe like this infront of me,this kind of expression is not shame Alhadmulillah,especialy infront of child.

Inshallah I am not going to read your posts of this contents in the future,for the sake of Allah.

May Allah guide us all.

:wasalam:

And for brother Sazk,Inshallah may Allah guide you brother and what respon could I except of the one who sais "I do not love Allah",I only fear Him.
Your words are not from fear brother,May Allah guide you.

Asja

Pearl of Islaam
Salaam,

I humbly disagree. Prove it, show me the evidence. How are you defining modesty in terms of one wife or four wives? What makes them "more" modest?

I am confused how you are implying the word 'modesty.' One should be modest in eating, sleeping, giving charity, etc. What does one or four wives have to do with modesty when Allah swt has made it permissible?

I think you are going off tangent. You are arguing that a man who marries one is more modest than a man marrying four wives. I want to know where you got this infomation/ideology from.

Again, prove it with your daleel (evidence/proof).

Islam is not just for a specific time period! The Prophet is a "walking Quran." His examples, are still carried forward today in the coldest parts of Siberia to the hottest desert of the Sahara. Don't we want to increase the Muslim population today? Our blood is being spilled in the Middle East. Should those widowed wives who lost their husbands & have the responsibility of taking care of their 4-5 children remain unmarried, since the men population are dying exponentially? Islam is the past, present and future.

Simple, whatever God allows (halal) and disallows (haram). The guidelines are written in the Quran, hadiths, fatwas,etc.

Alhamdulillah I gave you proofs brother,only you do not understand brother.Inshallah,maybe one day will understnad if Allah guide you.Ameen.

You said brother that we can express our modesty in eating,sleaping,drinking but NOT in marrying.Did you really said this serious brother???SubhanAllah.
Do you have proff/evidence for your statment brother???

When Allah is mentiong gifts from Him in Holy Quran,beside that He is mentioning food,drink,property He Almighty is also mentioning women,sons,so He is asking as that we be modest in everything,so in marring too.

Allah also alowed eating food,but He also said "take enough for You",and not all.It is the same with marring two wifes.
Allah does not Love those who are overreacting in anything,does not metter if Allah alowed that.

I gave you the best proof and example and it is our beloved Prophet Mohammed s.a.w.s.!!!!SubhanAllah in every right Islamic book it is pointing how Allahs Messanger s.a.w.s. was modest and very shy,So when he was young he marry one with one wife and it was his wife Khadiya who was much older than him and she was not very beautiful,but still of his modesty he marry with her,and he did not thought to marry other wifes.How could he,of his shame and modesty,and how he like the best creation of Allah can that.Alhadmulillah he did not want to marry with more wife,but he must marry with other wifes because of Allah orders and to increase more Islam in the time,(meaning on tribles which were existing in that time).
So if it was not like that our beloved Prophet Moahmmed s.a.w.s would not marry with more than one wife,he is the most modest one.And he did not marry because of his own wishes and desires.I have exaplin alrady Alhadmulillah.

And like we know Allahs Messanger s.a.w.s is the best example,and not only Prophet Mohammed s.a.w.s. but other Allahs Messangers too SubahnAllah.

Dont you folow Allahs Messanger s.a.w.s. and does not every Muslim trying to folow him in every way,Mashallah???
Do you have proof against this????

And for the prove that you ask brother

In the Holy Quran Allah Almighty sais:"You are over ocupeted in wishing to enlarge your property,all untill you die.But that is wrong.You will find out for sure!And once more taht is wrong,you will find out for sure.It is not right that,if only you could know for sure,Jahhanam you will see clearly an once again you will see it clearly.On that day,about blessing you will be asked for sure".

"You are over ocupeted in wishing to enlarge your property".

In the opinion of of the most respected Islamic Ullem this ayah means to gane more property,wifes,children,and you are ocupted with this world that distract your inention from onother world and from Your Lord.
The truth said Almighty Allah,and this is the proff brother Alhadmulillah!!!Can you call this ideology???I hope Inshallah not,because you have fear from Allah.Right???Alhamdulillah.

I have proved you brother "With best example Prophet Mohammed s.a.w.s,and ayah from Holy Quran) that Muslim man who marry one wife is more modest than the one who marry more than one wife,Alhamduillah!!!

But can you prove me brother,that they are the same in modesty???

Alhadmulilah that is alowed to Muslim man or women to remarry and it is blessing from Allah(because marriege is from Allah and for Allah).And regarding number of children brother.You use that statment only to justifice your statmnet,because you can have more children only with one wife Mashallah.

And regarding that many Muslims have been killed,and that they are disapearing it is not onyl because of taht.It is also becasue many "muslims" left Allah way,so only Allah knows how much is His truth servents and belivers on this world,SubahnAllah.

Do not worry brother Allah faith will never disapere,and not because of us Muslims,but because of His power.

And regarding your statment brother where you said that modesty is everything what is halal,I humble dissagree Alhadmulillah,and we all know that this is not correct.The modesty will be that you only take a part or half of Allahs blessings,SubahanAllah.

ditta

Alhamdu'Lillaah
Staff member
I'm really confused...

Assalaamu'Alaykum,

First of all, the thread was about polygamy then it drifted to the Love of Allaah (the Mighty and Majestic).

Please refer to the post below which I think relates to the Love of Allaah.

http://www.turntoislam.com/forum/showpost.php?p=237018&postcount=64

I think the Qur'aan aayat's and hadeeths are amazing because in someway we apply to one of them; a repenter, one who is patient, one who put's his trust in Him, one who is just and so on. So Insha'Allaah, Allaah (the Mighty and Majestic) will love those who possess such characteristics. (You need to refer to the post to understand this bit :)).

Looking at some of the replies it seemed like the whole polygamy question was a joke but as brother Humblewun said, which this Fatawa also states,

Question

A man married a woman, traveled to another country, and stayed there until he married another woman as well. He did not visit the first woman, and he stayed with the second one for months. Then he came to the first one. Should the man spend the same amount of time with the first wife as he spent (with the second wife), or should he begin to apportion his time (between them)?

Answer

The Sunnah when a man marries a wife, while he already has a wife whom he married before, is to stay with the second wife for three days if she is not a virgin and for seven days if she is a virgin. After that, he should begin to divide his time an act with justice between them. When he is absnet from one of them, he must spend the same amount of time with her as he spent with the other one, if that is possible for him, unless the one with the right gives up her right or a part of it.

The Permanent Committee

Reference: Fatawa Islamiyah, Volume 5, The Book of Marriage, Pg. 363

You can see how one has to deal with more than one wife which is difficult, so a person has to be just. I remember hearing somewhere (whether it was post or in Fatawa Islamiyah, forgive me if I am wrong) that the husband should have a separate house for each of his wives so as to avoid discord. Subhaan'Allaah, you need to be financially well-off in order to achieve that. :)

You can see from the link at the start of this post which contains an ayah from the Qur'aan-ul-Majeed that the Allaah (the Mighty and Majestic) loves those who are just, so if a husband was just between his wives, what would that Insha'Allaah mean?

(I hope you understand what I mean from the above, because it seemed like the posts from Pg. 5-7 were about what act's achieve the Love of Allaah, that some are more weightier in achieving the Love of Allaah compared to others.)

Whether it applies to this thread or not, it reminded of the thread below, scroll down for the interview, (there was another thread regarding this but I have just copied the link for the one below),

http://www.turntoislam.com/forum/showthread.php?t=6357

Forgive me If I have erred or whether the second portion of my post had no relation.

Walaykum Salaam.

salek

HAVING FOUR WIVES

brother sazk,
assalamu alaikum. my intestion was not to hurt you. but frankly speaking, i was hurt by your topic. you made a joke of having four wives. when i think about the women you know, first i think about my mom, then i think about my sister. so i can't think to have that kind of joke. it's the topic what usually non- muslims use to mock us. ~ that you muslilm guys have four wives, sometimes 7,8 or ten or more ........ etc. it's one of the weapon they use to criticize us in the western world. and this website you know, a lot of brothers and sisters gather for islamic knowledge. do you think all the sisters like this kind of joke? especially, a lot of non- muslims visit this website, then what they gonna think when they would find that muslim themselves make that kind of joke of having four wives. moreover, if you wanna make a joke you have a lot of topics but why this? maybe you are very young. if it's the reason i understand you. but think about it, a lot of non-muslims check this website. and we should leave a good impression on islam to them so they would be attracted to islam. hope you understand it.

with my salam and my love.

malickabrother

save Palestine!
:salam2:
brother if you want your kids good cricketers, it means you ll be their coach and you will give all your time to your players not their moms.and it is clearly not justify.so be patient we are 8 brothers and sisters from single mom .you can also have ten kids with one wife or ok two wives.

:salam2: I don't think that's gonna be a problem,the brother can just hire a good coach lol.That was a joke.