Is non alcoholic beer/wine halal ?

Hard Rock Moslem

I'm your brother
:I didn't provide my proof and quote all this because it might lead to more fitna and argument between us. I don't want to argue over people. But, dear brother, I am just request you to find about people before you claim them as "our"' scholars. Lets take from Ulema who are reliable and forget all that who are debatable and controversial.

You don't have to brother. Like I said, his fatwa may be flaws, I dare not to comment further. May Allah be merciful to him. But calling him a disaster and all I can't tolerate. We should give him some respect at least for those good things he had said and which at least had little impact to our knowledge. Those ulama found "grave mistakes" in al-Qaradawi's fatwa should engage in dialogue with him to clarify what was the matter, not issuing statement publicly. This will divide the Ummah. Perhaps they did, which I'm not aware of.

I.Iman

I was not attempting to answer the initial question with the fatwa I provided, so your issue isn't really my issue.

My issue was you saying the Prophet of Allaah drank "wine" and I wanted to correct you. Though your intention must not have been to slander the prophet:saw: with such a thing, you unintentionally did that. So I jumped in.

Forgive me for my slightly off topic post.

May Allaah have guide us to the right path

Yes and you are correct, although I did not slander the Propeth saws, I just did not remeber the name of the s c non alcoholic wine..

And acctually, it is not to be named non alcoholic wine - because then it comes from wine from the very beginning - although they have made a procedure to taken all alcohol out of it. But the shops sell also what they call non alcoholic wine, although it is different types of fruits or grapes that have been mixed but not allowed to "grow". (Just as the propeth saws, drank)...Furthermore, most juices etc you bye from the shop - contains around 1-3% alcohol. Although they do not have to mentioned this. Think about this next time pouring a glas of juice to your child/ren.

I am going to by my non alcoholic drinks whenever I like inshaallah, because it is my beleif we shouldn't do everything Haram. What is Haram is what hurts us and Allah swt knows best.

:muslim_child:

Tomtom

Banned
Yes and you are correct, although I did not slander the Propeth saws, I just did not remeber the name of the s c non alcoholic wine..

And acctually, it is not to be named non alcoholic wine - because then it comes from wine from the very beginning - although they have made a procedure to taken all alcohol out of it. But the shops sell also what they call non alcoholic wine, although it is different types of fruits or grapes that have been mixed but not allowed to "grow". (Just as the propeth saws, drank)...Furthermore, most juices etc you bye from the shop - contains around 1-3% alcohol. Although they do not have to mentioned this. Think about this next time pouring a glas of juice to your child/ren.

I am going to by my non alcoholic drinks whenever I like inshaallah, because it is my beleif we shouldn't do everything Haram. What is Haram is what hurts us and Allah swt knows best.

Well said sis, those jokers here who wants to drink 0% alcohol then of course they can. Only they can stop it.

Seeking Allah's Mercy

Qul HuwaAllahu Ahud!

And your point is. . .

My sister, Why tell me all this, I never said to drink or not to drink the non alcoholic wine. You are debating someone whose not even debating you on this issue. And I don't have children so yeah.

Khair Inshaa'Allaah.

Tomtom

Banned
And your point is. . .

My sister, Why tell me all this, I never drink or don't drink the non alcoholic wine. You are debating with someone whose not even debating you on this issue. And I don't have children so yeah.

Khair Inshaa'Allaah.

Why don't u 2 chill out with a glass of orange juice for pete's sake?

Ershad

:salam2:

Ruling on non-alcoholic beer

Question: Is it O.K. to drink non alcoholic beer?

The basic ruling on food and drink is that things are halaal, except for those which are specifically described in sharee’ah as being haraam, such as alcoholic drinks. If the drink includes any intoxicating substance, it is haraam. On this basis it may be said that beer (a drink made from barley), if it is intoxicating when drunk in large amounts, then it is not permissible to drink it. It was reported that the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “Every intoxicating substance is haraam.” (Narrated by al-Bukhaari, al-Ahkaam, 6637) And it was narrated that ‘Aa’ishah said: “The Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: ‘Every intoxicating substance is haraam, and whatever intoxicates in large amounts, a handful of it is haraam.’” (Narrated by al-Tirmidhi, al-Ashribah, 1789; classed as saheeh by al-Albaani in Saheeh Sunan al-Tirmidhi, 1521). Al-Teebi said: “ ‘a handful of it’ is an expression meaning a small amount.” And Allaah knows best.

Islam Q&A
Sheikh Muhammed Salih Al-Munajjid

Reference:
http://islamqa.com/en/ref/12557

Now coming to the realities of non-alcoholic beer and wine, Let us see how it is made:

How Are Nonalcoholic Beer and Wine Made?​

Put simply, you make alcoholic beer or wine, and then remove the alcohol. You do this by distilling the beverage as if you were going to make liquor. But rather than save the booze and throw out the rest, you throw out the booze.

When you make alcohol, you typically heat up whatever it is you’re distilling to boil off the alcohol (which you collect in vapor form, then cool back into liquid). It doesn’t matter all that much if the water, syrups, herbs, and whatever else that’s in your base get a little cooked in the process, because you’re tossing out most of that in the end anyway. When making nonalcoholic beverages, though, maintaining the flavor of the base is important, because you’ll save that part, and you want it to taste as much like real beer or wine as possible. So you don’t want to cook it.

There are two ways to get the booze out that don’t require high heat. The first is a process called vacuum distillation. The beer or wine is put under a vacuum. The change in atmospheric pressure allows the producer to boil the liquids at a lower temperature, or in some cases with no heat at all, and distill off the alcohol.

The second process is called reverse osmosis, and is the same method often used to purify drinking water. It doesn’t require any heating. The wine or beer is passed through a filter with pores so small that only alcohol and water (and a few volatile acids) can pass through. The alcohol is distilled out of the alcohol-water mix using conventional distillation methods, and the water and remaining acids are added back into the syrupy mixture of sugars and flavor compounds left on the other side of the filter. Bingo—a nonalcoholic (or dealcoholized, as winemakers call it) brew.

But do nonalcoholic beers and wines taste the same as alcoholic ones? Almost. Most of the flavor of real beer and wine comes from the grain or grapes, plus flavor compounds from the fermentation and aging process. Nonalcoholic beers and wines still have all that. Alcohol in the real stuff contributes mouthfeel and a small amount of flavor. It actually makes wine taste sweeter, says Jeff Meier, director of winemaking for J. Lohr Vineyards & Wines, which makes Ariel nonalcoholic wines. This means that a dealcoholized wine needs about 2.5 percent residual sugar content to best match a completely dry (no residual sugar) alcoholic wine.

“Nonalcoholic” beverages still contain some alcohol, because it’s difficult and prohibitively expensive to get every single bit of it out. In order to be called nonalcoholic under federal laws, a beverage can contain up to half a percent of alcohol by volume. (Something with no alcohol at all is called alcohol-free.) So people who are forbidden to drink alcohol, like devout Muslims, can’t partake in so-called nonalcoholic beer and wine. Nor can people under the age of 21, according to the law. It takes about 10 nonalcoholic malt beverages to equal the alcohol in one American-style lager, says George Reisch, a veteran brewer with Anheuser-Busch and the former brewmaster of O’Doul’s.

One last point, about carbonation: When making nonalcoholic sparkling wine, producers do a secondary fermentation just like they do with regular sparkling wine. But the alcohol it produces is less than .5 percent, so the wine is still considered nonalcoholic. As for the carbonation in beer, like in most alcoholic beer, it’s “forced” with a charge of carbon dioxide at the brewery.

Reference: http://www.chow.com/food-news/53912/how-are-nonalcoholic-beer-and-wine-made/

After reading the fatwaa and this article, I'd stay away from such products. I am not issuing a fatwaa here, but for safety of my religion, I would stay away from it. Think for yourselves!

Seeking Allah's Mercy

Qul HuwaAllahu Ahud!
Why don't u 2 chill out with a glass of orange juice for pete's sake?

Will an orange work? Btw Who's this pete?

Brother and Sister I.Iman, I'm chilled, re reading my reply I know I sound 'annoyed' but I'm not. I apologise for the unintentional blunt tone. I was just a lil taken aback by the reply, scratching my head,wondering if I've said anything in favour or against this drink under discussion. And along with this one, none of my posts in this thread have anything related to it.

But like I said Khair Inshaa'Allaah.