Is there a proper and Islamic way of courting a Muslimah?

AliIbanez

A Stranger in Dunyah
Salamualaikum

Is there a proper and Islamic way of courting a Muslimah? I've posted this question so that I'll be ready when the time comes I've found the right woman that will fullfill half of my faith.

BintMuhammad

Staff member
Wa alaikumussalaam,

Mashaa'Allaah mabrook! May Allaah swt give you the strength. Well, approach her parents or guardian. I'm sure there is a proper Islaamic way but I can't find an article about it. Inshaa'Allaah our brothers and sisters can post it for you. :)

AliIbanez

A Stranger in Dunyah
Wa alaikumussalaam,

Mashaa'Allaah mabrook! May Allaah swt give you the strength. Well, approach her parents or guardian. I'm sure there is a proper Islaamic way but I can't find an article about it. Inshaa'Allaah our brothers and sisters can post it for you. :)

Thanks my kababayang sis. I think approaching her parents wouldnt be difficult for me. I'm thinking if, who's the first person to approach if these two (parents or guardian) are not present.

*Sana*

.~.Slave of Allah.~.
Salaam,

Well first of all good luck in finding the right 'lucky' girl.
Personally, from my limited knowledge, there is no real prescribed or special method. Proposal is basically an agreement between the parents of the boy and the girl and more importantly an agreement the between the boy and the girl.

The Prophet Muhammad may Allah Ta'allah be pleased with him did not have parents but Khadijah (RA) proposed directly to him through a 'mediator'. If your 'lucky' girl does not have parents or a guardian, you can go ahead and ask her for her hand in person. If you are too shy, (which I doubt for having asked such a question in the first place... lol... no offence), then by all means you can get someone else to ask her for you or ask a close friend of hers.

Hope it helps... :s

Keep fishing and good luck with it. The pond will be shallow one day.

Wasalaam.

AliIbanez

A Stranger in Dunyah
Salaam,

Well first of all good luck in finding the right 'lucky' girl.
Personally, from my limited knowledge, there is no real prescribed or special method. Proposal is basically an agreement between the parents of the boy and the girl and more importantly an agreement the between the boy and the girl.

The Prophet Muhammad may Allah Ta'allah be pleased with him did not have parents but Khadijah (RA) proposed directly to him through a 'mediator'. If your 'lucky' girl does not have parents or a guardian, you can go ahead and ask her for her hand in person. If you are too shy, (which I doubt for having asked such a question in the first place... lol... no offence), then by all means you can get someone else to ask her for you or ask a close friend of hers.

Hope it helps... :s

Keep fishing and good luck with it. The pond will be shallow one day.

Wasalaam.

Thanks to all of you. To tell you the truth being shy is one of my concern, but Inshaalah, may Allah grant me the courage to do it, one day.

May Allah be pleased with you all.