Is there anyone out there that is married to someone from a totally different race?

Shahzad

we were just talking abt getting married in different cultural background and my friends opposed it as sister manal have said already.

I was kinda worried after that discussion but after readin this thread, i will find some one from different cultural background like spainish, turk etc etc.

Also, i have heard that arabs are hard headed. I think its their nature. So dont bother abt it instead try finding way outs and how to cope wid arabs :)

does any one know that wat percentage of spain hold muslims now?

palestine

Servant of Allah
asalamu alaykum. Many of you hear are saying the arabs are hard headed. now let's not judge guys and girls. in every culture there is good and bad. Why not see the positive sides of arabs rather than the negative side. We are all different and yes many of us hard headed as well. have you seen the threads where some of us argue over minor issues....trust me most of us are hard headed people on tti. i don't mean to hurt or mock anyone, i'm just saying let's not be judgemental. there are good and bad people everywhere.

hager

look

well
i think married..some one from different culture..
it's depend on both of them

look,sister...
i was in love with amercain/christain..
but..it's doesn't complete...cuz,he can't turn to islam...
i'm sad...i can't deny....
anyway.i wish the best for him

some couples...could get over..culture/...so on...
and some can't..as my lover...

Said40

my experience

:salam2:
Honestly mixed mariage causes more troubles, we are a moroccan couple who lives in canada, yes we are both moroccan's, my wife is arabic and me berber, even we cames from the same country we do not have the same traditions, we are divorcing now and most of arabs are muslims just by name, it's very hard in my opinion life with arabs :astag: .
fortunatly you embraced islam before you knows arabs.

devotedsoul

Istekhara always necessary before marrige

Assalamu Alaikum. Thanks sister Amira to raise the matter. I appreciate u want to stop but I just need to add some thing so that all of us get benifit out of this.

I'll request al the brothers and sister not comment untill I finish whole thing.

First of all, I m from a different background but now living in Australia. In sydney, I supposed to marry a OZ revert sister. But Allah likes her so much that he takes her away from me near him. However, she had friends who married Arab brothers and had the same problem as u described for u r sister and brother in law. Some how it's worse as he was hiting the sister now and then. I m telling about the close freind of my fiance. Just pick 1 story. She was the close freind of her and revert offcourse. They have 1 son and now another daughter.

Instead of telling u other stories just look what happen here. He was hitting sister and it's really made us angry. Specially her freind. But that sister never told it to anyone except my fiance, who was her best freind and then she was asking me she wanted to devorce him. As they were both typical OZ girl very hard headed too. lol but with v good heart. However, I suggested not to devorce and keep patience and make dua for him. Their problem was going on and on and worse. But I always telling that sister not to make mistake as Allah will fix the problem inshallah coz of her caring nature and sincerety. At the last stage they were abot to end up but a suddent incident turn the whole thing diff way.

He was not ligally living in Australia. So imigration told him to leave and he had to leve. He was a very handsome man. Anyway, there was no guarantee that he can come back to Australia again but he has to leave. So he left. Now the sister in danger. The social security money she was getting, it's not enough for her and as she left her family, almost no help from that side. Some times her dad or mum helped but not enough to fullfill the needs of her and her son. When my fiance wa alive she was trying to help her as much as she could. When she was in the hospital in New York she was sending me sms to help her as they were runing out food even. Sister was not worried about her but for her amazing cute son (May Allah make him big waliallah). However, Allah helped her and her son through some one but offcourse thats Allah subhanahu tayala, who helped when there is no help.

Sister was passing her time in great hardship but Allah apponted someone for the help of their family. Now she realize. On the other hand the brother also realizing when they r separated for a while. But then it's seems too long for both of them but sister save herself from many temptation as many guy was proposing her. She was confused to as there is v less possibility for him now to come back. But they both feel them by their hear instead of apperance they start thinking and feeling each other by their heart.

After a longggggg time and long struggle sister manage the immigration to permit him to come back with conditions. However, now when he came back he came back as a new man. he realized how much she suffered for him and what he is giving this revert sister. Now they have a v happy family and instead if devorce they have another child "Noor".

Every time I saw them the smile on their faces give me real plesure and make dua O Allah! give tawfiq to all to keep patience....

najbc

So, I heard many times Arab are hard head. I do not have any say on marry to someone with different race or culture. But I have question how come all the new convert to muslim sisters want to or are marry Arab brothers, what about the other brothers and how come more half percent or the Arab men prefer white woman more than black or any other skin color.

dianek

So, I heard many times Arab are hard head. I do not have any say on marry to someone with different race or culture. But I have question how come all the new convert to muslim sisters want to or are marry Arab brothers, what about the other brothers and how come more half percent or the Arab men prefer white woman more than black or any other skin color.

In my case, we met in a night club....neither was seeking Arab or white.....we just met and liked each other....race not an issue....

And my husband's arab friend did marry a black woman. But I think it is because they see white women as less secure in ourselves, more willing to give of ourselves in the sense that we could be "easily molded"......I don't know, I think we are just an easier path for them.

msrebgui

I am american as well and my husband is Moroccan arab, it was very tough in the beginning as we fought a lot and still do from time to time. But over the years we have learned to come to a compromise on everything in our life, we have an understanding and can almost always find our way out of an argument just as soon as it starts.

I believe that a marriage can work no matter what background you come from it just needs time, patience and LOTS of compromise. It takes two to make a marriage so you have to give and take and for most women we find ourselves giving more than taking lol, but it is well worth it in the end when you have a loving and caring man that will stand by your side through thick and thin.

Muslimah99

Bosnian Muslimah
I think islam is perfect the way it is...no need for extra culture that contradicts islam in my oppinion!

You see I think if people disagree it can't have something to do with islam because islam fills every aspect of our life so where is the room for a specific culture? Well maybe the clothing?

I mean people should live islamically and not have some identity added to islam! I believe in marriage across nationalities and races. I am not talking from experience, I am not even married, BUT I have witnessed marriages across races and across nationalities.

I think it depends on the couple's attitude. I am sure everyone has bad experiences, but the problem is when people generalize...people have different tempers, different attitudes, and a different view of other nationalities and "cultures"...

I mean, LOOK AT ME? My own people despise me mostly and don't wish to contact me, and some other nationalities look down upon me because I am not a convert or Arab for that matter...

I MEAN COME ON PEOPLE, ISLAM SHOULD UNITE US ALL ACROSS RACES, NATIONALITIES & EVEN RELIGIONS !!

Muslimah99

Bosnian Muslimah
Honestly mixed mariage causes more troubles, we are a moroccan couple who lives in canada, yes we are both moroccan's, my wife is arabic and me berber, even we cames from the same country we do not have the same traditions, we are divorcing now and most of arabs are muslims just by name, it's very hard in my opinion life with arabs :astag: .
fortunatly you embraced islam before you knows arabs.

LOL!!

you are ONE example ...for your age you should be wise enough not to misguide people! SUBHANA ALLAH!

Muslimah99

Bosnian Muslimah
Yes he is right, remember how many women in Balkans (1992-1996)Arabs divorced few months after marrying with them, because they live in the time when they شre rideing camels,
It is impossible that our people will trust to Arabs again.
اخى انا احبك

as I said it depends on various factors, but I know a Bosnian girl who is happily married to an Arab...INDEED

however it doesn't surprise me that many Bosnian women are against Arabs since Bosnian women DO NOT LIKE TO COVER, do not pray, live a Western life etc. I am not defending the Arabs, probably many of them have added to the problems!

But there is only ONE TRUE ISLAM (quran & sunnah)

and i know a Danish convert who is married to a Somali :)

don't generalize! It is ignorant!

when you say our people you should mean UMMAH, we are one! We shouldn't be divided in "we" and "they"

Muslimah99

Bosnian Muslimah
wa alaikum salaam..well I don't see color when I look for prospect.. I look for piety...sense of humor.....bank account.......height......sense of humor ....piety........and last but not least....sense of humor again....oh yeah and a beard

LOL; this is something I would say !!! HAHA! We should drink a coffee some time together LOL :)

Amir_of_spain

Mixed marriages are appealing because of the difference in culture, makes it unique, interesting, however some cultures... there is a element of being 'head headed' and cos of this, there maybe little comprising after marriage, hence in the end leads to lots of clashes. So i think it depends what other culture interests you, i see alot of reverts going for arab culture, (which itself differs depending countey). Myself i would be naturally interested in certain backgrounds where the culture is interesting but is also balanced with the religion so the person does become hard headed.

Muslimah99

Bosnian Muslimah
Who told you that Arab women like covering?? It is well seen real picture of Arab women if you were in International Airport in Istanbul, when they are coming from Arabia and waiting in the Airport to fly in Western Europe, I saw myself trice. We blame unfortunately Turks as a secular but in Airports masjid in Istanbul mostly who pray are Turkish police, Arabs are "somewhere".
Nowdays it is irrelevant to say Arabs non-Arabs, who is together with the Quran and sunnah he/she is right one.

wlc salam, I do NOT agree

As someone stated before there are good and bad in every nationality (i.e. culture)

but I have noticed Arabs do cover more than Bosnians, this is something I personally observed, but I am not saying every Arab covers, I know many who don't, but how come most people either think I am a convert OR Arab? It never strikes their mind I could possibly be from Bosnia! I as an individual do NOT belong to a culture, that is why I don't feel Bosnian at many points, first and foremost I am a muslim and that is why I get along with most people. Islam is a way of life and islam is my life, and islam is my culture! Where is the problem?

AGAIN LET ME REPEAT: WE SHOULD NOT GENERALIZE => CAUSES IGNORANCE AMONGST PEOPLE!

As I said it depends on the individuals: their attitude and piety (taqwa)

how can you say culture is irrelevant when you discriminate Arabs? (DVOLICNO)

Muslimah99

Bosnian Muslimah
Nećemo valjda mi mladići zavijat se u marame vi Bosanke ste odgovorne što ste neprepoznatljive u Evropi kao muslimanke:)
Većina naših djevojaka voli svašta u mladosti probat, a kad se udaju traže brdo para i vole Arape nego Balkance i baš zato volim Hrvatice!:)

First! BROTHER! In such an IMPORTANT discussion, write English or at least an understandable language!

"You Bosnian girls are responsible for how other muslims look at you" ...
I will not and will never be punished for the sins of other women just because they are born in the same country or are the children of people who are born in the same country as I am!

Secondly you should not try to offend me, otherwise I will ignore your oppinions! I can't respect such an attitude!

LOL if you are so fond of Croatian girls, go ahead and marry one BUT REMEMBER THE QURAN TELLS YOU TO MARRY A CHASTE WOMAN FROM AMONGST THE PEOPLE OF THE BOOK...don't forget that!

Salam aleikum

TheKnowledgeSeeker

A Believer In Heart
Assalam,

WOW... I think it is nice to marry brothers or sisters from different who are good Muslim to show that in Islam we are united. I am total for that. I total agree with sis Muslimah, Sis you spoke as a true Muslim would!!:jumpclap::jumpclap:

Brother adriatic_boy and sis Muslimah99, you too seem to love agree with each other or is that you too know each other real well? :SMILY303:

ShahnazZ

Striving2BeAStranger

Well, in response to your first question about how come all the new revert females want to marry Arab brothers, I can tell you I'm neither a revert female or an Arab brother lol. I've always been a muslim chick and I'm not Arab, but I have made alot of observations in this area and I think I have a few ideas. I think that alot of the new muslimahs want to marry Arab brothers because everyone is exposed to that common misconception that Arabs know it best about Islam and because they speak Arabic, therefore they are the "authentic" muslims. This, my dears, is pure BULL. I'm not trying to be offensive to anyone, but all muslims are the same, arabs and non-arabs as per Hadith and Quran. Based on my experience and I am NOT generalizing AT ALL, the most religious muslims I know arent even Arabs. So girls, if you have that in your head then GET RID OF IT because taqwa and 'ilm are not limited to an ethnicity.

As to your second question about how come many Arab men prefer white women more than black, that in itself is an unfortunate fact that actually exists for MANY people, and not just arabs or even other muslims. I think that it is another retarded stereotype that most people associate beauty with light skin and this is soooo wrong. Beauty exists in all nationalities, within all colors and people are wrong to believe otherwise. However, not everyone does believe that and I do know of many muslim brothers who have married black women or non-white muslimahs and have produced THE MOST beautiful children, MashAllah.

Again, this wasn't to offend anyone.