Is there really a BIG differnce beween a man and a women?

MuslimBeauty

Asalam 3alekum

This is a question for all my brother and sisters.
Is there really a diffrence between a man and a women (or boy and a girl) I ask myself that question alot. Why? Because so many people treat us womens form ya men so differently.Why?

Thank you for listening. And may all be with ya's all the time!

alkathiri

As-Shafaa'i(Brother)
Asalam 3alekum

This is a question for all my brother and sisters.
Is there really a diffrence between a man and a women (or boy and a girl) I ask myself that question alot. Why? Because so many people treat us womens form ya men so differently.Why?

Thank you for listening. And may all be with ya's all the time!

Assalamualaikum warahmatullah
Different => women are not treated equally to men
That is more of a society problem , isnt it..??

MuslimBeauty

Asalam 3alekum

I ment in the way we should be treated. The things the us womens can and cant do. Is there really a diffrence in the way we should be treated in everything (besides the way we dress) For example some people would say that only men can drive and work! Is that true?

MuslimBeauty

Asalm 3alekum

I do agree with you that it is more of a sociey problem, but why do they see it that way that we are not equal?

alkathiri

As-Shafaa'i(Brother)
Asalam 3alekum

I ment in the way we should be treated. The things the us womens can and cant do. Is there really a diffrence in the way we should be treated in everything (besides the way we dress) For example some people would say that only men can drive and work! Is that true?

:salam2:

Well according to www.islamq-a.com ,

Question:
Can women live alone? If they can live alone, why can't they travel alone?.

Answer:
Praise be to Allaah.

A woman may live alone subject to the condition that she is trustworthy and is not a woman of dubious character. With regard to a woman travelling without a mahram, it is clearly not allowed, as in the hadeeth narrated by al-Bukhaari (1729) and Muslim (2391) from Ibn ‘Abbaas (may Allaah be pleased with him) who said: The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “No woman should travel except with a mahram, and no man should enter upon her unless a mahram of hers is present.” A man said: “O Messenger of Allaah, I want to go out with such and such an army and my wife wants to go for Hajj.” He said: “Go out (for Hajj) with her.”

This is completely wise, because travel involves hardship and exhaustion, and because of her weakness a woman needs someone to help her and stay by her side. Things may happen to her that may cause her to lose control when her mahram is not with her. This is well known nowadays when there are so many accidents involving cars and other means of transportation.

Moreover, if a woman travels alone, that exposes her to temptation and men may make approaches, especially when there is a great deal of corruption. Someone may sit near her who does not fear Allaah, and he may tempt her to do something haraam.

If we assume that a woman is travelling alone in her car, she is exposed to other dangers, such as her car breaking down, or evil people ganging up on her, etc.

This makes its clear that Islam is the first of all systems to take care of women, protect their honour, respect them and regard them as precious pearls that must be protected from evil.

We submit to the command of Allaah and His Messenger (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him), and we know that it contains complete wisdom and mercy, because Allaah only forbids to His slaves that which is harmful for them.

It is not correct to compare travel to a woman staying alone in a house in her own land, because there are more dangers in the place that a woman travels to. If a woman is in her own town, if anything happens to her or she needs someone to help her, she will find someone to help her. The fear of evil people attacking her is less when she is in her own town and her own house than when she is travelling.

And Allaah knows best.

Islam Q&A

Jihan

Asalam 3alekum

Because so many people treat us womens form ya men so differently.Why?

I]

assalaamu 'alaikum
Of course, women/girls are really different from men/ boys. I mean we're all human, obviously, so everything that has to do with being human we share ( we breathe, get angry, we get frustrated, we feel happiness, etc.). But we are physically different, as you may have noticed. Men are muscular, while women have more fat in their body. Their bodies have different functions ( as much as some people hate to admit) a man can carry things of heavier weight and women can give birth. Also we are emotionally conflicting men are take some things more seriously than women and vice versa. Women are more perserverent than men, they can stand rough times more than men (which make sense since a woman is pregnant for nine months and plus the other factor). Both men and women have their own gender attributes that make them useful in this world. Remeber that many of our modern medicine, inventions, and discoveries were by men( of course with the help of Allah-subhannah-wat3allah), but those men were raised by a woman to reach their standards. We of course are that different, but enough to mention< even though many women (and men) willl not agree these: ppl now a days (feminist especially) make it seem as if men and women are in a race and men happen to be ahead and they cheated to get there. By no means, men have a place in society ( such as leaders of the country) and women have a place. Although it is true that many men are mistreating women, so those women and are btoh out of place.

sorry if i'm getting sidetracked: back to your question from above.

it's natural, but some ppl (especially feminists) turn things around to make it seem like it is all against women. for instance, instead of saying "so many people treat us womens form ya men so differently" (this is nothing against you personally), wouldn't be easier to say " why are men and women treated so different", i mean since it's not like there is a standard way of treating men and women should be the same. and when some when men certain priviledges, for instance, men becoming leaders, some women complain, but when somethings are done for women like having the door open for them, the same women complain (saying we want to be treated like men.... why they are not men). okay i'm exagerrating a bit... but most of these things are true. Well anyways these are just some of my opinions. I could be wrong in some areas.
well inshAllah this is what you were asking.
ps: there might be some grammatical mistakes in here i haven't double checked.

As much as we're difffernt we are equal in the eyes of Allah and we get the same rewards for the same deeds!!!!!!!!!!!

MuslimBeauty

Asalam 3alekum

I understand what you are saying but why do people say that "O you cant do it cause you a girl" i cant stand that just because we are girls/womans dosent mean we cant do things that boys/man can. Am i right or am i wrong?

abdallahbilal

Long Live Palestine

The following is a summary of an audio fatwa by Ibn Baz: women,like men, are allowed to WORK and to seek living only if the work was halal, dignified, unharmfull, suitable to the workers gender, and with commitment to Islamic dress code and, most importantly, there was no mixing of sexes (ikhtilat), out of fear of fitna (infatuation).
http://www.ibnbaz.org.sa/index.php?pg=mat&type=audio&id=1956

However, as some brothers pointed out, some societies make it look like as if women are not allowed to work at all or are underprivileged, this is absolutely wrong. Even man is not allowed to work in haram works or works with open mixing of sexes or exposure to fitna.

Allah knows best

mohsofi_abdullah

Salam MB,
I recall a lot of that "O you can't do it coz u r a girl", and it's not just that...
Many women, at all the companies I have worked for, claim that "O... women can't do that job, coz it requires strength and muscles..."...
This is just the same, because, women keep coming up with the same excuse, just like the male chauvinists would, but in different style or emotion...
However, we are all given the mind that learns to adapt... Adapting to our environment, could be a dangerous task when it comes to genders... Some women have been labelled too muscular or too manly, if they do the things men do... Kinda leads to women being labelled as rare among the men... which is chauvinism as well...
Men are chauvinists, while women want more that they really deserve some other things men claim exclusive to the latter...
oh well, what do I know...
:)

asabr

Asalam alaikum wr/wb
Baraka allah feekoum, there is alhamdullilah one good reply with dalil in this thread. However it is important to note that these kind of comparisons and discussions will lead you to the discussion of the kuffar, the question itself sounds like that.
Allah s.w.t doesn't like probing into useless matters especially given the fact that this is cheap talk that doesn't part the kuffar's lips; Islam does this and that to women and yatta yatta....
So I advise my sisters and brothers to abstain from these kind of questions and discussions especially if they are not addressing one's concerns. There is so much within Islam that we need to learn.
I ask Allah to 4give me if I am wrong. Jazakoumu llah kheyr wa baraka allah feekoum
Wasalam alaikum wr/wb

Kayote

Asalam alaikum wr/wb
Baraka allah feekoum, there is alhamdullilah one good reply with dalil in this thread. However it is important to note that these kind of comparisons and discussions will lead you to the discussion of the kuffar, the question itself sounds like that.
Allah s.w.t doesn't like probing into useless matters especially given the fact that this is cheap talk that doesn't part the kuffar's lips; Islam does this and that to women and yatta yatta....
So I advise my sisters and brothers to abstain from these kind of questions and discussions especially if they are not addressing one's concerns. There is so much within Islam that we need to learn.
I ask Allah to 4give me if I am wrong. Jazakoumu llah kheyr wa baraka allah feekoum
Wasalam alaikum wr/wb

I think I understand where you are coming from but I donot agree with you. The original question is something almost everyones thought of now and then & we should understand that men are different to women. As someone pointed out, we need both for humans to survive on Earth. This is the system that Allah created and we respect it.

There was an interesting documentary on BBC called battle of the sexes, the frist ep. was most facinating and I encourage everyone to watch if they can find it.

Regards,