Islam and Earthquake

Astrugglingsoul

i live in the USA and have just witnessed an earthquake. then i looked up in the internet about what does Islam say about earthquake and i found this following hadith.
In ahadith it is stated:

“Anas radiallahu anhu May Allah be pleased with him says, “I went into the presence of Aishah Bint Abu Bakr May Allah be pleased with our mother whilst someone else was seated with her. The person asked, ‘O Mother of the believers, relate to us regarding earthquakes (as to their cause)’ She turned her face away. I (Anas) asked her, ‘Relate to us regarding earthquakes, O Mother of the believers!’ She said, “O Anas, if I were to inform you thereof, you will live a sorrowful life and you will die in this state of grief and you will be raised on the Day of Judgement whilst this fear is in your heart.” I said, “O Mother, relate to me.” She then said, “When a woman removes her clothes in a house other than her husbands (an indication towards adultery), she tears the veil between her and Allah. When she applies perfume to please a male other than her husband, this will be a source of fire and a blemish for her. When the people then begin to commit adultery, consume alcohol and use musical instruments, Allah becomes enraged in the heavens and orders the Earth to shake them. If they repent and refrain, then it is good for them, otherwise Allah will cause it to fall upon them.” I asked, “Is this their punishment?” She said, “It is rather a mercy, means of blessings and admonishment for the believers, and a punishment, display of anger and torment for the unbelievers.”

Isn’t this narration a wake up call for us Muslims? Aren’t the reasons crystal clear in the above narration? Can any Muslim deny that drinking, music and adultery are not common issues in communities today?

The info is taken from an website

xAllahKnowsBestx

Yeah, I just experienced a "mini" earthquake as well in New York. Hope everyone's okay in Virginia.

This reminds me:

When the earth is shaken with its [final] earthquake.
And the earth discharges its burdens
And man says, "What is [wrong] with it?" -
That Day, it will report its news
Because your Lord has commanded it.
That Day, the people will depart separated [into categories] to be shown [the result of] their deeds.
So whoever does an atom's weight of good will see it,
And whoever does an atom's weight of evil will see it. (Surat Az-Zalzalah)

Subhanallah.

Aapa

Mirajmom
Assalaam walaikum,

Yes, it was a mercy. It was a 6.0. There were waves.

Now...you know me...would you believe they shut down the Pentagon because they thought it was a bomb. They shook and rattled down to their pants. Our phone lines are on and off.

I just posted a reply yesterday. I made reference to a sermon by Dr. Martin Luther King. He warned America about being arrogant. He warned America not to forget God.

JenGiove

Actually, it was a 5.9...not a 6.0.

Odd, I'm watching the Washington news and they have not made one mention of the Pentagon shutting down. Since I live near the epicenter <which was Mineral, Va.>, I felt it quite well. Things fell off my shelves, yet, my 3 year old son never woke up off the couch. My husband who was sleeping in the bedroom woke up.

Phone lines are jammed, subways are running at emergency precautions and all national parks have been closed. Two nuclear power plants got shut down that were near the area but one has opened back up. A Best Buy store has a collapsed ceiling and as my husband noted...water poring into an electronics store is not good! lol!

We are currently experiencing aftershocks and several museums have damage....

Astrugglingsoul

Yeah, I just experienced a "mini" earthquake as well in New York. Hope everyone's okay in Virginia.

This reminds me:

When the earth is shaken with its [final] earthquake.
And the earth discharges its burdens
And man says, "What is [wrong] with it?" -
That Day, it will report its news
Because your Lord has commanded it.
That Day, the people will depart separated [into categories] to be shown [the result of] their deeds.
So whoever does an atom's weight of good will see it,
And whoever does an atom's weight of evil will see it. (Surat Az-Zalzalah)

Subhanallah.

Thank You sister for sharing this great surah
this surah perfectly describes what will happen at the day of judgement
may allah give us the intention and ability to memorize more surahs, Ameen

JenGiove

Read this please for evacuations of DC buildings. The Pentagon got scared.
http://content.usatoday.com/communi...pparent-earthquake-rocks-washington-dc-area/1

Update at 2:40 p.m. ET: USA TODAY's Dan Vergano reports that the quake, described as medium-sized, could be felt as far north as Ottawa, Canada. In New York, the Holland Tunnel closed, forcing drivers to back out into Manhattan. In Washington, numerous public buildings were evacuated, including the Pentagon, the Capitol and the Homeland Security Department, as well as all monuments and malls.

Update at 1:57 p.m. ET: The Associated Press reports that the Pentagon is being evacuated.
Fox News reports that several public buildings, including the Capitol, have been evacuated.

Evacuation of buildings are part of a safety plan during emergency situations. Its standard procedure to protect life from hazards such as blown gas lines, faulty electrical systems, fire prevention. The ONLY mention regarding "terrorist" assumptions was made by:

Sonia Spence, a data transcriber for the U.S. Department of Citizenship and Immigration Services, says she had just returned to her desk on the fourth floor of 26 Federal Plaza when the building began to sway. "I thought, 'What could be shaking the building like this?' My first thought was a terrorist." Spence, a legally blind Bronx resident, said she dropped her purse which contained her cellphone, hurrying downstairs and outside.

So a blind woman got scared....can you blame her? Many many buildings in DC got evacuated. The highways were jammed because companies let people go home early as a precaution and frankly, because they understood that they had families that were probably worried.

What does it say about us if we allow our prejudice to immediately jump to the conclusion that a person's/governments reaction is based on religious fear? Come on..

Aapa

Mirajmom
Assalaam walaikum,

Sister,

The newsmen at the Pentagon thought it was a terrorist bomb. I had to laugh. I live less than 10 miles from the Pentagon. We could not make a phone call for the life of me. The neighbors poured out onto the street. It was rather festive. Everyone was very friendly. We are still on alert waiting for the aftershocks.

It was a mercy from Allah.

abdul-aziz

:salam2:

one of the signs of day of judgment is increased intensity of earthquakes. I don't think we have reached any where near that, just that information is being reported more globally.

wa Allah ya'lam

:wasalam: