Jazak'Allah????? What Does it Mean?

Proud_2b_Muslim

Ahmad M. Al-Marshoud
As-salaamu `alaykum.

Brother did you even read the post? If you did, I think you ought to read it again, along with the informative replies.

:salam2:
I am so sorry I just read the first paragraph and I was in hurry , I said it in a good way not to be sarcastic , there is a sister here pm me and let me noticed that it wrong in a very polite way , I dont want to say her name but if she want she can say it , so I am sorry again about that and I edited my post , thanks brothers and sisters for letting me know
jazakom Allah khayran

Zaynab123

Subhana Allah!
jazak Allahu khayra

:ma: very nice post but i always jazak Allahu khayra, never knew what u posted was wrong as u said it was. jazak Allahu khayra for sharing may Allah increase ur knowledge ameen:tti_sister:

al-muslimah

Can you say a Hadith that proves that?

salama alaycoum:)

A Muslim should be firm in his du’aa’, because the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said:

“No one of you should say, ‘O Allaah, forgive me if You wish, O Allaah, have mercy on me if You wish’; he should be firm in his asking, for Allaah cannot be compelled.”

Narrated by al-Bukhaari, 6339; Muslim, 2679.

Salem9022

salama alaycoum:)

A Muslim should be firm in his du’aa’, because the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said:

“No one of you should say, ‘O Allaah, forgive me if You wish, O Allaah, have mercy on me if You wish’; he should be firm in his asking, for Allaah cannot be compelled.”

Narrated by al-Bukhaari, 6339; Muslim, 2679.

Jazak'Allahu khair

ahmedmohammed

It is best to reply to someone who says Jazak Allahu Khair with "wa iyak" (and to you).

Wa 'alaikum as-salam wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuhu

Rashadi

As-Salaam 3laikum Wa Ra7matullahi Wa Barakatu.

Many Muslims have now gotten the Habit of saying Jazak'Allah. But what does it Mean?

Jazak'Allah Means = " "May Allah Grant(or give) you"

It does not have any meaning to it, if it is said just like this.

You Have to Add something to It like for instance Jazak'Allahu Khair which Means "May Allah grant you with Good" This has a Meaning or:

Jazak'Allah Firdoos which Means "May Allah Grant you a High Station in Heaven"

If you only say Jazak'Allah it doesn't have any meaning to it.

Also you can not Say Jazak'Allahu Khair Insha'Allah. It is wrong, because when you say Jazak'Allahu Khair you are saying a Du'a and it is forbidden to say Insha'Allah after the Dua. or When you Say Ameen.

Niether can you say Ameen Insha'Allah .

or Jazak'Allahu Khair Insha'Allah.

Both are wrong.

As-Salaam 3laikum Wa Ra7matullahi Wa Barakatu

MashaAllah, thanks for the valuable information and I never knew that. If I want to make a duah for Allah to guide someone, would be wrong then to say "may Allah guide you, inshaAllah"? or what about if one says ameen right after a duah such as the above?

Jazak Allah khayr ya akhi

BigAk

Jazak allahu khayran akhi for this post

Can you add the word akhi afterwards????
hahaha... just kiddin'
Seriously though.. Although I always say something after jazak Allah, I have no trouble accepting it by itself as an implication of something good/bad... and it does have a meaning; still; regardless.. It's according to the context. For instance if someone does something nice to me, and I say "jazak Allah" with a "smile" it can only imply that "jazak Allah with something as good as what you've shown me."... However, if someone does me wrongly and I'm really upset about it, I can tell them "jazak Allah", and in this context I mean "may Allah grant you the same as you've shown me."

It's the genius of our arabic language.

nuf said....

OsMaN_93

Here to help

Jazak Allah khairan for sharing.:ma:

Saying 'jazak Allah khairan' is more than enough, so if you get given a present, or whatever, and you can't return another present to your brother/sister, then just say 'jazak Allah khairan' and that should be enough.
He/She should be 'top' of the moon. :)

My shaikh said that in a lesson :)

Al-Kashmiri

Staff member
I am so sorry I just read the first paragraph and I was in hurry , I said it in a good way not to be sarcastic , there is a sister here pm me and let me noticed that it wrong in a very polite way , I dont want to say her name but if she want she can say it , so I am sorry again about that and I edited my post , thanks brothers and sisters for letting me know
jazakom Allah khayran

As-salaamu `alaykum.

No problem, you didn't need to apologise. I just thought you missed the most important bit. :)

Baarak Allaahu feekum!

Muslim18

Blessed Muslimah

Jaza kallahu khair brother i think iam guilty of this little mistakes like this shouldnt be over looked may Allah reward you for pointing that out Ameen

i hope everyone does read this, its very beneficail :hearts: (iam in the habit where i say inshallah at the end of my sentences alhamdulilah just need to channel it in the right way) :rolleyes:

Inshallah we can all correct our mistakes!!
May Allah forgive us all for our short comings Ameen :tti_sister:

:wasalam:

ruki4eva

Muslim Unity...
Very beneficial post
Mashallah learnt something new i didn't know that
i kept on sayin, 'Jazakallah' that will change to, 'jazakallahu khayran'
:wasalam: