Just a little question.

adz_222

Salaam,
i was just wondering why do some muslims intend to not pray dua'? Is praying dua afta ur rakat's obligatory

alkathiri

As-Shafaa'i(Brother)
:salam2:

u mean dua after prayers...like for friday prayers...??

I think it is because the prophet SAW did not do it...some claim that during prophet(SAW) time the muslims do not do it together...

adz_222

yh i just came back from my friday prayer at my local mosque and saw alot of the people didnt read dua when the imam was reading. Thanks for the reply brother

peersab

there is some difference wether there was a ijtima'i dua(dua in cngregation)
therefor most say that u shud not nthink that a congregational dua is SUNNAT. According to some a person who holds this view may fall into bid'at.
in the ahadeeth it is not clear wether the dua after salat was in congregation.

However there are many ahadeeth that state that prophet SAW did use to make various duas.(Allah knows best whether it was in congregation)

for E.G.
hazrat thwbaan relates that when prophet saw finished salat he wud read istigh-faar 3 tyms.then pray allahuma ants-salam wa-minkas- salam tabaa-rak-ta ya zhal-jalali wal-ikram. (BUKHARI+MUSLIM)

hazrat sad r.a. relates that afta evry farz namz prophet saw said o allah i seek refuge from cowrdness.i seek refuge from stingyness and from old age(i.e in which one is helpless and weak)and i seek refuge from the trials of this dunya and from the punishment of the grave. (BUKHARI+MUSLIM)

hazrat Abi Umamathe the prphet SAW was asked, Which is the best dua(i.e quik to b accepted) prophet SAW replied, dua in the middle of night and AFTER FARZ SALAH. (TIRMIDHI)

there are various dua which prophet saw read after salah. but due to more people comin to the view that there is no sound proof of a congregational dua after farz salah, therefor some hav regarded this as bid-at. (BUT THIS CLEARY RONG), hence that maybe the reason as to y SOME do not partcipate.

alkathiri

As-Shafaa'i(Brother)

i know bro peersab...but i think it is best to avoid it (not do it)..,right?Are u agreeble with me on this point??

Abdul Hasib

Student of Knowledge
yh i just came back from my friday prayer at my local mosque and saw alot of the people didnt read dua when the imam was reading. Thanks for the reply brother
One problem with the people is that they have work, and another is becuase they are doing bidah.(I think)

peersab

salam
like i said, if a person does a crongregational dua BELIEVING its SUNNAT then its bid-at.
i'll giv u an example, the prophet SAW prayed his sunnats of namaz in his house/room. NOT in the MASJID. So would u classify evryone as bidatties (who pray in masjid).
did u know there was no TWO AZAANsS (for Jumma) at the tym of prophet SAW. Is this bid-at too!
in MY personal opinion
besides, wot harm is there doing a dua neway. i'm sure there is no harm.

WALLAHU A'LAM
Allah knows best

IslamIsLight

Islam is my life
Staff member
Assalamu aleikum
I converted to Islam 2 years ago and learned how to pray by myself,with the books and through the web sites.But still I never had anybody to show me how to pray the right way and I never prayed in the Mosque with everybody.I live in USA and its hard to find somebody to teach Islam.I also know just one sura in arabic and few in my own language.but I always pray 5 times a day,almost always on prescribed times. I just know that I probably not doing everything perfect in salat as its supposed to be.I understand the meaning of the prayer and everything ,but i just cannot understand why it has to be perfectly in the way u sit or in the way u move your finger,,because I know that I'm praying to God with all my heart first.There is a lot of things for me to learn about Salat ,and I cannot find that knowledge ,as many converts are rejected by the muslims.Its very hard.I'm learning arabic,to understand Salat more,but still its hard ,because I want to understand what I'm saying and not just say it because I have to.Where can I find the answers?and how can I do it right?

gazkour

Assalamo alikom sister Aisha1114,

Alhamdulillah I reversed to Islam about 7 years ago, so I completely understand what you are saying. I used to have a lot of issues regarding this points you mentioned; I used to say, for example, why is it relevant to do this or that 3 times and not 4 or 2 ?? Why does it have to be exactly this or that way if what it is important is your heart??
Alhamdulillah, Allah guided me and talked to my heart, telling me that, purity of the heart, good intention and love for Allah will also be "measured" by our obedience to His beloved Prothet (SAWS) and his Sunna. So that is why you probably will always see brothers and sisters trying their best ( MashaAllah!) to do everything as "perfect" as possible as the Prophet (SAWS) did, or His companions saw Him doing it.
In the other hand, the problem to this is, in my opinion, concentrating entirely on the minimal details neglecting our hearts and therefore the beauty of our actions and intentions.
This two sides of the coin should not be contradictory, nor controvertial; they should be armonious.

May Allah guide us all to achieve the real INTEGRITY of Islam.
I'm sure Allah will guide you, since you have a beautiful heart, mashaAllah; and please NEVER go by the bad example of some muslims, Allah will show you what is right and what is wrong enshaAllah.

Assalamo Alikom.

adz_222

mashallah, ive been reading all your comments and yh it shouldnt matter how your read.. and people telling you its wrong to do this and that. As long as in your heart your praying to allah thats all that matters. may allah keep us all in the right path.

alkathiri

As-Shafaa'i(Brother)

To aisha1114 and gazkour, if u need help...u tell us inshAllah we will be able to help. remember all of us are in this together and nobody gets left behind...

You might want to make a thread telling us where u live and if someone lives in that area ...she or he might be able to help....

Im very happy that both of u are converts

alkathiri

As-Shafaa'i(Brother)
salam
like i said, if a person does a crongregational dua BELIEVING its SUNNAT then its bid-at.
i'll giv u an example, the prophet SAW prayed his sunnats of namaz in his house/room. NOT in the MASJID. So would u classify evryone as bidatties (who pray in masjid).
did u know there was no TWO AZAANsS (for Jumma) at the tym of prophet SAW. Is this bid-at too!
in MY personal opinion
besides, wot harm is there doing a dua neway. i'm sure there is no harm.

WALLAHU A'LAM
Allah knows best

Bro i get what u mean...But u know whenever there is a difference opinion, if u can avoid or not do it...dont do it... Do u know what does imam Shafii(RA) says about this??