Kafirphobia

Perseveranze

:salam2:

I used to be a kafir myself until recently. I have to admit to still feeling a certain bit of attachment to my kafir lifestyle. It has been hard to give up certain things in my life. I still struggle with letting go of everything...

Don't forget Ahki,

All the Sahaba's, the best of believers, all had kaafir beliefs, until Alhamdulillah, Islam came into their hearts.

They are true role models for every Muslim.

strive-may-i

Are you talking about spiders?
I have pet-spider. He/She lives freely on his/hers net on the corner of my living room.
I don´t think he/she is kafir. He/she looks as muslim spider.

Spider its said does what Almighty has ordered for it. And Humans/ jinns power to choose is put to test... We will be categorized as Believer/ non-believer on judgement day, is it not? Then, How could we ever play the role of Almighty is what we should ask ourself, isnt it?

strive-may-i

Stereotype/ label ... A convenience but dangerous

This post is more sensible, so I will quote it

be careful on using the word kaafir as it is not meant to classify all people who are not muslim. Was it not that the prophet, PBUH, visited the very person (non muslim) that would throw garbage in front of his door.

The letters sent to the big kingdoms of Roman and Persian empires, did they say you kaafir or was it more like oh leader of so and so people. And this was even after the messengers that sent letters where dipped in hot tar with their skin melting off before they die.

Allah has the right to identify anybody but we as muslims shouldn't label as we don't know what is in the hearts of men.

wa Allah ya'lam.

just a thought! not a fatwa if you know what I mean. You could look these up yourself.

:wasalam:

Its this tendency to stereotype or label, Stereotype/label is convenience, it simplifies, But often adds bias. Because, with stereotyping comes the preconceptions, the prejudice. together with our emotions ... its a dangerous mix. So we try and summarize a person, and we then label. Next time the person turns up, guess what... the label first pops out, we place the person in the stereotypes box. Once we stop seeing the personality of person beyond the confines of this box, we start stepping into Ignorance...... to darkness.... To call Muslim as terrorist is a Label, Kaafir is also a Label.

From what am told, I need not have to speculate about would the other die with Imaan. Am to worry about whether I would succeed in remembering Almighty, during last moments of journey here. There is a huge difference between our creator branding a section of his creation as non-believer and we .... PersonA who prays day and night might still be weak in his Imaan and PersonB with just one act of greatness, might be given a exalted place vis a vis PersonB, there are lots of examples which convey this.

Curse Iblees >>> reward Guaranteed, but scream Kaafir >>> risk...
What if the person is offended, and decides to give similar treatment to another person of your faith?
what if that person pleases Almighty, with one simple act of faith?

Tolerance, perseverance ie Saboor is a virtue against Evils vice... restrain and see for yourself the Harmony.

JenGiove

I used to be a kafir myself until recently. I have to admit to still feeling a certain bit of attachment to my kafir lifestyle. It has been hard to give up certain things in my life. I still struggle with letting go of everything...

:salam2: Good Brother,

Sister Isra likened you to being a "newborn" child in Islam and I think that is very important to remember. As a mother, I've watched my son grow. Each day I'm amazed at the new things that he just seems to wake up now knowing how to do. While children learn quickly, they also learn quickly because they keep trying. A child does not wake up saying to himself "today I'm going to run" when all he can do is crawl. You, as a new revert, are an infant child. You can not expect yourself to instantly give up and perfect your deen. Each attempt is one step closer to learning and perfecting. Even then, after you have learned and succeed, you will still have moments when you stumble and fall. As an adult, I know how to walk, talk, eat, sleep, and run, yet....every so often, I trip...over obstacles and words. I drop my nourishment, thus denying myself proper sustenance. I worry and stress thus loosing sleep which provided strength and when I run, thinking my footing is sure and my goal is in sight, I fall flat on my tail because I didn't keep vigilant. My pride at my skill and speed caused me to see the mouse who crossed my path.

Have patience with yourself and remember the lessons you learned as a toddler. :) Try, try again and don't get too upset if you fall. It happens. How we handle that fall makes us stronger and how we put into practice the lessons and insight we gleaned from the fall is what helps us grow up and become wise.

sister herb

Official TTI Chef

Spider its said does what Almighty has ordered for it. And Humans/ jinns power to choose is put to test... We will be categorized as Believer/ non-believer on judgement day, is it not? Then, How could we ever play the role of Almighty is what we should ask ourself, isnt it?

You talk about big issues. We all do what Allah order us do. Like spiders, ok? I have put some fat bees to my spider´s net... carefully. It is very fragile. Hopely she/he will talk to Allah at Judgement Day for me.

:SMILY259:

JenGiove

You talk about big issues. I have put some fat bees to my spider´s net... carefully. It is very fragile. Hopely she/he will talk to Allah at Judgement Day.

:SMILY259:

ROTFL! My dear sister...did you know...in the native world, the Spider is respected as being the story-teller. They weave the story of live with their webs and each day, it is destroyed and rebuilt. They teach us the lesson of how to endure by continuous attempts. Each day is different just as each web is different. They are vigilent for disturbances in the web just as we must be vigilant for disturbances in our life. some things provide food and some things cause havoc but each time, the spider starts over. Each time, it picks up its creepy eight legs and starts again. It never gives up. It'll stand guard over its young untill they can be on their own and they it passes away. Its job, the renewal of life, complete. The spider is called "Grandmother", a term of respect in our world. It is good that you try and take care of her. Jazakallah khair... :)

sister herb

Official TTI Chef

ROTFL! My dear sister...did you know...in the native world, the Spider is respected as being the story-teller. They weave the story of live with their webs and each day, it is destroyed and rebuilt. They teach us the lesson of how to endure by continuous attempts. Each day is different just as each web is different. They are vigilent for disturbances in the web just as we must be vigilant for disturbances in our life. some things provide food and some things cause havoc but each time, the spider starts over. Each time, it picks up its creepy eight legs and starts again. It never gives up. It'll stand guard over its young untill they can be on their own and they it passes away. Its job, the renewal of life, complete. The spider is called "Grandmother", a term of respect in our world. It is good that you try and take care of her. Jazakallah khair... :)

I have heard about it from other forum where have more native american muslims.

But please tell some stories here too.

:hearts:

JenGiove

I have heard about it from other forum where have more native american muslims.

But please tell some stories here too.

:hearts:

:salam2: Dear sister,

I would love to share our teaching stories here but I'm not sure if it would be appropriate, as this is a place to learn about Islam...NOT Native American religious beliefs. I do not want to share my teachings and have that act be viewed as "preaching" my religion. I only bring up our teachings as a way to "re-enforce" the commonality of human-beings.

I did, however find a story that you may find amusing..its quitre short compared to most native legends..:) You could say we are mouthy people...lol!. It is from the Cherokee people <I am Mohawk and while we are similar, we are also distinctly different>.

Grandmother Spider steals the Sun
A Cherokee Legend

Now, when Earth was brand new, there was much confusion, for there was darkness everywhere. All of Earth's Peoples kept bumping into each other, and were often hurt. They all cried out for light, that they might see.

Fox said that he knew of some people on the other side of the world who had plenty light. He said that it was nice and warm, but those people were too greedy to share it with anyone else. Possum said that he would steal Sun. "I have a beautiful, bushy tail," he said. "I can hide the Sun in all of that fur. Let me try."

So Possum went to the other side of the world and found the Sun. It was hanging up in a Tree and lighting up everything. Possum took a piece of the Sun and hid it in the fur of his tail. But Sun was so hot that it burned all of Possum's tail hairs off. To this day, Possum has a bare tail. The people discovered Possum and took the piece of the Sun back.
Buzzard said, "I will take the Sun myself. I will put it on my head, so that I can see where I am going with it." So he tried to take the Sun too. He flew to the other side of the world, and dived down to snare the Sun in his claws. But it was so hot that it burned all of Buzzard's feathers off of his head. To this day, Buzzard's head is bald and ugly. The people discovered Buzzard, and took the Sun back.

Then Grandmother Spider said, "Let me try." First, she made a very thick clay pot, big enough to put the Sun in. Then, she spun a web which reached all the way to the other side of the world. She was so small and quiet that these people did not notice her at all. When she was ready, she quickly snatched up the Sun in her big clay pot, and hurried back home along her web. Now her side of the world had light, and warmth. Everyone rejoiced at Grandmother Spider's gift.

Spider Woman brought the Sun to the Principal People, the Cherokee, but also the gift of fire. She also taught them to make pottery.

strive-may-i

phobia is no good...

.... And Quran has a surat named Al Ankaboot (The Spider).
Well said, Spider does what its told, we should do what we are told! And in addition we are to not show phobia. and we are to judge the right from wrong.

hayat84

I'm not what you believe
my parents are "kuffar" but not for this reason I fear them.they took care of me and I must bring respect for them.

Just a Guy

Reinventing Myself
my parents are "kuffar" but not for this reason I fear them.they took care of me and I must bring respect for them.

Same. I have and will always have respect for my parents. They are the ones who taught me how to be a man. They are the ones who took care of me when I couldn't take care of myself.

Aapa

Mirajmom
Assalaam walaikum,

You know what, well lets try this:

We are a family of believers. We want to stay close to that which Allah loves.
There are groups that do not wish to obey Allah. There are the dis-believers, the non-believers, and the un-believers. That is a fact.

There are behaviors that those who choose not to listen to the Law of Allah often exhibit that we wish to refrain from doing. We not want to fornicate, lie, steal, backbite or kill or malign. When we see those actions we turn away.

This was not intended to be a serious post. But, this is Ramadan. It has to be serious. What happened is some feelings are being hurt. We do not wish that upon anyone.

It is clearly stated in our faith and we pray to Allah to keep us in the company of the righteous. Obligations, work, and familial matters often have us in direct contact with non-Muslims. And we need to be careful. We can not mimic them too much. Nor do we want to make fun of them. That is wrong. I know I have been very guilty of this. I ask Allah's forgiveness. There is always the opportunity for a person at any given time in their lives to turn to Islam.

Thus, let us put the joking aside as we celebrate the last days of this month. We have many brothers and sisters who have sacrificed their families for the love of Allah. And I respect them from the bottom of my heart. Let us make them love Islam.