Kosovo...

Salam2You

Lil' Muslimah
Salaam...

Why is kosovo banning hijabs in middle schools?

Like seriously, over 80% are muslims and they ban hijabs?

It's obviously the media (propaganda) of America taking over Kosovo...

I think I know why though, george bush helped kosovo to be an independent
country, and now they want to follow America instead of Saudi.
What the ..?

Anyone provide suggestions about this outrageous event. :girl3:

Abu Talib

Feeling low
:salam2:

Yep really strange, though the constitution of Kosovo provides religious freedom. They have banned the headscarf.

arzafar

all European countries want to be part of EU, especially those which are developing. Hence, these countries want prove their secular identity.

basically these countries are bending over backward in order to be admitted to the eu or derive some aid/benefits from it.

Asja

Pearl of Islaam
Assalamu allaicum wa rahmatullah wa barakatuhu

Wa la hawle wa la quwete illa billahi

Shame, shame, shame on them!!!

May Allah give us strenght and patience to overcome all these hardships Inshallah. Ameen

Wa allaicumu sallam wa rahamtullah wa barakatuhu

tetari

As salama Alaikum wa rahmatullah

I live in Kosovo, and over 90% are muslim(sunni)

We(Muslims) don't want to follow deviated America,but what they say our leaders do !!

the corrupt government bann the hijabs ,and this is not the only ,even our leaders who call themselves "Muslim" they do almost everything against Islam,they sell their souls to devil"Masonic".SubhanAllah even our so-called "mufti " which he give a premission to build a cathedral in the middle of capital city(Prishtina) ,this will create a big fitna because only 5-7% are chatolic .So day before yesterday and other days we organize a protest "In Defence Of Hijab":

watch in youtube:

But All Praise is Due to ALLAH SWT Islam is spreading every day among the people and very rapidly .
InshAllah we will continue to strive until they allow to get back the Hijab

Wa salam alaikum
from Kosovo

auss20

:wasalam: brother

:astag:

this is only i can say because we dont know kosowa and we are much far away from kosowa. Anyhow allah know the best

Maasalam.

faaraa

Nothing but Muslimah
:wasalam:

ASTHAGFIRULLAH
:girl3:...

Not only in kosovo it is banned in SRI LANKA too....:girl3:
you know what? even though the constitution permits the students to wear Hijaab in government schools, (feeling shame to say this) some Muslim politicians do say that we don't need hijaab but we must maintain an understanding bond with the Majority...:angryred: and spoiling the Imaan of young Muslimahs ufff

HASBIYALLAH

FEE AMANILLAH:hearts:

auss20

:wasalam:

ASTHAGFIRULLAH
:girl3:...

Not only in kosovo it is banned in SRI LANKA too....:girl3:
you know what? even though the constitution permits the students to wear Hijaab in government schools, (feeling shame to say this) some Muslim politicians do say that we don't need hijaab but we must maintain an understanding bond with the Majority...:angryred: and spoiling the Imaan of young Muslimahs ufff

HASBIYALLAH

FEE AMANILLAH:hearts:

:salam2: dear faaraa
As a Sri Lankan, I never heart about some Muslim politician activities against hijab. however some non muslims schools try to ban wearing hijas it is true...

Anyhow Allah bless to all Our Ummah include Sri Lankan Muslims:tti_sister:

JenGiove

Salam...while I know most of you in this thread will not accept this as truth, I thought I'd share it anyways. I'd like to ask the Mod's tho to please move this to news/current affairs forum....

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hijab_by_country#United_States

United States

See also: Islam in the United States
The people of the United States have a firm 1st Amendment protection of freedom of speech from government interference that explicitly includes clothing items, as described by Supreme Court cases such as Tinker v. Des Moines.[123] As such, a ban on Islamic clothing is considered presumptively invalid by U.S. socio-political commentators such as Mona Charen of National Review.[124] Journalist Howard LaFranchi of the Christian Science Monitor has referred to "the traditional American respect for different cultural communities and religions under the broad umbrella of universal freedoms" as forbidding the banning of Islamic dress. In his prominent June 2009 speech to the Muslim World in Cairo, President Barack Obama called on the West "to avoid dictating what clothes a Muslim women should wear", and he elaborated that such rules involve "hostility" towards Muslims in "the pretense of liberalism".[125]
A 2010 survey by the Pew Global Attitudes Project found that the vast majority of Americans – two out of three of those polled – oppose banning Islamic clothing.[63]
Muslim women face some issues regarding their cultural differences with American society. For example, most gyms, fitness clubs, and other workout facilities in the United States are mixed-sex. So exercise without a hijab or burka can be difficult for some observant Muslim women. Maria Omar, director of media relations for the Islamic Food and Nutrition Council of America (IFANCA), has advised Muslim women to avoid these complexes entirely. Some women decide to wear something colloquially known as the "sports hijab". Similarly, Muslim women may feel uncomforable around other women with traditionally revealing American outfits, especially during the summer "Bikini season". An outfit colloquially known as the burqini allows Muslim women to swim without displaying any significant amount of skin.[126]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hijab_by_country#cite_note-125
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hijab_by_country#cite_note-125