Lets see who can answer this...

Al-bint

Smile! It's Sunnah!
:salam2:

Three people check into a hotel. They pay £30 to the manager and go to their room. The manager suddenly remembers that the room rate is £25 and gives £5 to the bellboy to return to the people. On the way to the room the bellboy reasons that £5 would be difficult to share among three people so he pockets £2 and gives £1 to each person. Now each person paid £10 and got back £1. So they paid £9 each, totalling £27. The bellboy has £2, totalling £29. Where is the missing £1? :p

Wa salamu 'alaikkum wa rahmathullah.

The 9£ they paid includes the 2£ taken by the bellboy, so we dont need to add it again ryt? so to the total of 27 we only add the 3 pounds they got back which makes it 30 :)
:D

Yaayyyy!!! i got the answer! it was simple... :)

but i dont think anyone is going to see my answer on such an old post :(

wasalaaam :(

strive-may-i

:salam2:

Three people check into a hotel. They pay £30 to the manager and go to their room. The manager suddenly remembers that the room rate is £25 and gives £5 to the bellboy to return to the people. On the way to the room the bellboy reasons that £5 would be difficult to share among three people so he pockets £2 and gives £1 to each person. Now each person paid £10 and got back £1. So they paid £9 each, totalling £27. The bellboy has £2, totalling £29. Where is the missing £1? :p

Wa salamu 'alaikkum wa rahmathullah.

Old Thread... and one old problem...

missing is £2... the bellboy stole it. It should go to the rightful owners. :)

hayat84

I'm not what you believe
I was a total ignorant in maths!but I can however try,isn't it?
the operation I made is:
(30-5)+2+(1x3)=
25+2+3=30
there is no money missing!