Hadith LICKING OF DOG

Status
Not open for further replies.

ShahnazZ

Striving2BeAStranger
it seems we're behaving like the ones who like taking those animals at home hugging and kissing them like if they were their own kids.

Why?

Because we're not defaming them, calling them "evil" or dreaming about them as superstitious?

Just because it is haram to keep one for companionship purposes, does not mean it should be hated.

And until you see someone here hugging and kissing a dog, kindly do not proceed to slap labels on people. Black-and-white thinking at its finest.

Abu Loren

Defender of Islam!
As we're talking about dogs I'm so glad that there are NO dogs here in the UAE. Well for one thing I don't have to skip around to avoid their faeces.

hayat84

I'm not what you believe
I'm not saying that I hate dogs,but since I've read about the licking of it...I thought "blea"!maybe I'm right or not,I just try to stay in the middle way,I'm not superstitious,on the contrary,I am against them.maybe it is bida' by the way there is written that a man is created to love a woman.in the end,make what you wish,life is yours,I just disappoint with that "dislike" it has been put on my ratings.you think I'm too much judgeful,but you firstly claimed to be on the right way,while the others are ignorant,as they think badly of dogs.why should one think always good?Maybe I need 10 years more to become a good,wiser person,but the lecture of the books will never satisfy my desire of straightfulness,and I sometimes can perceive the intention of some of you to impose his/her thought.I was expressing my idea,exposing the facts.but endly everybody is free to do what he wants.far from me to judge,claim or so.

ShahnazZ

Striving2BeAStranger
you think I'm too much judgeful,but you firstly claimed to be on the right way,while the others are ignorant,as they think badly of dogs.why should one think always good?

Where did I "claim to be on the right way"? Where did I say others are ignorant "as they think badly of dogs"? All I said was that those who believe them to be "evil" or who let their disgust override what Islam actually says about them (to the point where they actually associate cruel treatment towards dogs as Islamic) are ignorant.

Can you quote me on exactly what you're talking about regarding the above mentioned statements you made?

Seeking Allah's Mercy

Qul HuwaAllahu Ahud!
ShahnazZ and hayat84 you two are going in circles. The more you explain your point to the other, the more you too get off the track and into an argument.

Dogs are fine as long as you keep a safe and pure hygienic distance from them. That's what both of you are saying (of course, being slightly different in your preferences since one love dogs, the other dislikes them). Quit clarifying to quit confusing each other of your views furthur Inshaa`Allah.

And yes, I'm younger than both of you, I'll take a telling off like a very obedient younger one for my interference.

:oops:

ShahnazZ

Striving2BeAStranger
I would just like clarification for the supposed "claims" I made since they're pretty big claims to make.

That's all.

hayat84

I'm not what you believe
Thank you sister SeekingAllah's Mercy,you're right.we're both talking about the same matter,I'm sorry if I sounded exaggerated:p.
@sis Shahnaaz,I don't even know what I was thinking about,please forgive my rudeness.P.s...if I erase the post can you undo the rating?I'll do the same with you.I'm sorry:oops:

Seeking Allah's Mercy

Qul HuwaAllahu Ahud!
I would just like clarification for the supposed "claims" I made since they're pretty big claims to make.

That's all.
C'mon ukhti, let this one go. For the sake of Allah who we hope to let go of us on the day of resurrection when our sins are mountains, and in obedience to the prophet's :saw: sunnah who forgave and forgot.

Gosh I sound poetic to myself now. But seriously. . .

Seeking Allah's Mercy

Qul HuwaAllahu Ahud!
Thank you sister SeekingAllah's Mercy,you're right.we're both talking about the same matter,I'm sorry if I sounded exaggerated:p.
@sis Shahnaaz,I don't even know what I was thinking about,please forgive my rudeness.P.s...if I erase the post can you undo the rating?I'll do the same with you.I'm sorry:oops:
How sweeet! Mashaa`Allah! May Allah accept it from you and me. You deserve a cupcake for this lol

cookie-monster.jpg
Share with Sister ShahnazZ =p

ShahnazZ

Striving2BeAStranger

I appreciate your apology and I apologize in turn if you felt any self-righteousness coming from me. However, I don't think there's any need to undo ratings or erase posts. We both made valid arguments from two opposing perspectives and I'm sure many out there can identify with us. The purpose of the threads on TTI are to educate and I believe many can learn from our exchange. Plus, there's nothing wrong with disagreeing with one another as long as it's done in a civil manner.

Janaan

ربنا اغفر لنا ذنوبنا
Staff member
:salam:
I was waiting for this to happen here -
Yoonus As-Sadafi’ said:
“I have never seen a wiser man than Ash-Shafi`ee, I was arguing with him one day about an issue and I left him. One day, he met me, held my hand and said: ‘Cannot we be brothers, even if we disagree about something‘?”
Siyar A’laam An-Nubalaa’ 10/16
But pretty close sisters, maashaa'Allaah. =)
(Not to take this any further but I don't like dogs, too. It's a mutual thing though...they don't like me and I don't like them):)

hayat84

I'm not what you believe
ahahaha!!I like cupcakes a lot,I aprreciate your post sis Seeking Allah's Mercy.:)it made me feel hungry,but I have to follow a regime because I want to reach my lost silhuette :cupcake:.
to answer to the posts,which kind of brothers/sister could 2 person be if they agree in everything?it's right to discuss and to debate(politely).I've entered too much into the topic and I really didn't know how to come out.thank you and sorry again....but I don't like dogs even if they are not evil:devilish:

Seeking Peace

Cerberus, is the name of the three headed black dog that guards the gates of Hell in Greek and early Roman mythology. The key word is ..myth..as they do not in fact exist except in the superstitious minds of ancient people's.

Dogs are just dogs, they are not evil. A bad dog is the result of abuse by humans. Dogs are highly social animals they have earned the title mans best friend for years of loyalty. They have for centuries guarded flocks and herds of animals and have given their lives to protect the ones they regard as their "pack" = owners, and families. There are millions of people in the world who rely on seeing dogs and hearing dogs who tirelessly assist there master or mistress who may be blind or deaf in leading an independent life. There have been studies undertaken that show elderly people live longer if they have a pet dog. Owning a dog as a child teaches the child the responsibility and importance of caring for others.

But because your Prophet did not like dogs and was afraid of them, then you also think the same?
look we Muslims are very tolerant people as long as we are not dragged out of the way...like other sisters and brothers have advised you either study Islam properly and then ask as many questions as you like or abstain saying things you've no idea of...Period!

hayat84

I'm not what you believe
There are 2 most dangerous and agressive races of dogs:the Pitbull and the Bulldog.they often attacked humans for no appearent reason and in some situations they bit as adults as children until death

um muhammad al-mahdi

لا اله الا الله محمد رسول الله
Staff member
Assalamu Alaykum

Please refer to Quran and Sunnah and stick to them! If you don't like dogs it's okay but let's not claim something that is nowhere in our deen! Let's be simple inshallah!

Jazakhum Allahu khayran

hayat84

I'm not what you believe
tere are dogs which killed children,what has Sunna to do with it?what if one day a dog attacks one our children?just to share.

um muhammad al-mahdi

لا اله الا الله محمد رسول الله
Staff member
Assalamu Alaykum Hayat,

Yeah that's the point, this story you are mentioning has nothing to do with the Sunnah!

Muslims are not used to have dogs at home because it's not allowed in our deen. Muslim children are not used to kiss and play with dogs really... You have the picture in mind of non-Muslims and the way they behave with their dogs... Don't mix up things! If it's Qadr of your child to die cause of a dog, it could be even from a dog in the streets of Morocco or Italy. Again, there is nowhere in the Quran and Sunnah a statement against dogs or the hadeeth wouldn't mention the saliva only!

Jazakillahu khayran

SonOfAdam

Staff member
The Prophet PBUH, meant to protect dogs by disallowing people as having them locked up in a house rather than letting them live naturally outside with free space to run and play- that is why there is such a big taking away of ajr if you keep them in the house since you'd be oppressing the animal. So the Prophet is not oppressing/hating/fearing dogs but doing just the opposite. Also, many consider them dirty, Muslim or not, since they smell, get saliva, fur, bugs, and feces, etc. everywhere, so it is not a part of cleanliness to keep them in the house (Cleanliness is close to godliness- is the Christian expression). I always am grossed out by houses that have dogs in them. I always wash my clothes as soon as I get home and take a shower... that smell lingers on me otherwise, and I itch a lot... YUCK!!!! Even if the house looks clean I see and smell countless areas where the dog has ruined (stains on the ground, couch, bite marks, scratch marks, etc.). Anyone that cannot see this or ignores all these negative aspects of having a dog in a house probably lacks a lot of personal hygiene themselves since they are so far away from cleanliness that the dogs filth does not bother them much, if at all- they have no problem letting the dog lick them or their young kids, even on the mouth or inside of the mouth (sharing food with it)!!! It grosses me out to think about it, even before I was practicing, starting to practice Islam did not change me at all in this respect- it is something that comes natural to most of us. Sadly most people in the world do not even know how to use the bathroom properly and walk around all day in filth! :( Elhamdulillah the Prophet PBUH came and showed us how to live in every aspect of life. I always find it funny how people act arrogantly and think they know it all, yet they probably have spots of filth all over themselves and every day have to re-leave themselves by sitting on the bathroom.

Sorry to sound so crude and negative, but this is the reality. Aside from the filthiness, I think most people are very nice, the dog does not effect anyone negatively or anything in this respect. :) I hope that goes without saying.

Eman Yousuf

:salam:, I think this is Cariad's personal :confused: opinion, first thing first she is not a muslim secondly I prefer her to argue with us which will inshaallah lead her to know islam in a better way who knows one day she will say shahadah. I know many people do that but deep in their heart they accept the truth. But ...... that doesn't mean that any one can abuse or say anything about our prophet (swa) or Islam .. no.... never. :SMILY286:

I request all out there to express what they want to but in a nice way :) without hurting the sentiments of others.

ma salaam

Status
Not open for further replies.