Living in the 21st Century... the people of Lut....

Aroosak

:salam2:

I pray these finds you all in the best of health and imaan inshAllah....

Something strange happened to me the other day. As I was walking around campus I saw many students tabling for different groups and events. I usually tend to sign petitions against Budget cuts or such things since I think it is important for Muslims to be part of these decisions and voice our concerns. As I was looking at the other tables I came across one from the LGBT (Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual and Transexual) student association. I know well what my position is in these issues and I often try to pass by such groups and ignore them as I very well understand what they do is haraam as stated by the Quran and Sunnah. However this time they were asking people to sign a petition to create Unisex restrooms. They were claiming that this restrooms will be for members of this group to go to them and not feel any judgement from others. This got me thinking that even when we do not want to admit it, we live in a society where things are being accepted more than before and remembered many occasions in which I thought I saw a person of the opposite sex in the restroom but then ended up being a woman (or so I thought). I know I as a woman sometimes feel uncomfortable in these situations and I even dread thinking of the possibility of a men dressed as a woman sharing the same restroom I do.
I know this might be a very sensitive topic but we gotta think about these issues since it can affect us in ways we do not see. At the end of the day I thought maybe it wouldn't be a bad idea that they got a unisex bathroom on campus. At least it will bring some comfort to brothers and sisters that these are indeed places for men and women.

What are your opinions on this matter?

JenGiove

:salam2: Sister,

That is an incredibly thought provoking question. Do you support a group that, as a whole, have ideals which run contrary to Islam in order to ultimately free yourself of them and their ideals (gaining a unisex bathroom) or do you ignore them and run the risk of running into them in private places as they enforce their ideals (a transsexual in the bathroom reserved for one gender when they are in reality of the opposite gender).

This will be an interesting discussion to watch.

Aapa

Mirajmom
Assalaam walaikum,

This has been in the planning for a long long time. Respect for individuals is not important.
The rise in homosexual rights is a planned political agenda. It is to break down the role of the family.
Think I am wrong. Where is this: on a college campus. The group is not social it is political.
It is not about making a person uncomfortable. It is a little deeper than that.

al-fajr

...ism..schism
Staff member
Assalamu'alaykum

libin said:
I would not have signed it.

Ditto.

Aroosak said:
I know this might be a very sensitive topic but we gotta think about these issues since it can affect us in ways we do not see. At the end of the day I thought maybe it wouldn't be a bad idea that they got a unisex bathroom on campus. At least it will bring some comfort to brothers and sisters that these are indeed places for men and women.
I don't know what you're talking about here ^ comfort for who?

Aroosak

Assalaam walaikum,

This has been in the planning for a long long time. Respect for individuals is not important.
The rise in homosexual rights is a planned political agenda. It is to break down the role of the family.
Think I am wrong. Where is this: on a college campus. The group is not social it is political.
It is not about making a person uncomfortable. It is a little deeper than that.

Oh I agree about that ... It is really everywhere and as I said before I know well what my position is in this issue and it won't change by anything said or done. I especially think some of their political agenda issues are going too far especially in the issue of adoption and such things. JazakhAllah kheir for your input.

Wa'aleiki salaam,

I would not have signed it.

Yeah I didn't either ...just going to that table made me feel uncomfortable. It also made feel that if this "petition" passes soon it will escalate to greater issues....

Assalamu'alaykum

Ditto.

I don't know what you're talking about here ^ comfort for who?

What I meant here is how would a sister or a brother feel when they go to a private place such as a restroom and they encounter a person from the opposite sex dressed as a man or a woman. I know I would totally freak out so my question was that if this group get their own restroom then they wouldn't be going to a regular restroom and therefore you will at least know that when you go to these places there aren't any cross-dressers around.

alf2

Islam is a way of life
I dont care much what the LGBT community does, but I WILL NOT use a Unisex restroom! I encountered one in London and it was the most horrifying moment of my life. There was 1 restroom, it had men/women sign on it. I thought maybe it just had 1 toliet inside (since they have a 1 room toilet open to men & women in America) And there were stalls, and a man came out!

I ran out and had never been so embarrassed in my life. :(
They only want Unisex bathrooms because of Transgendered people i bet. Who are legally one gender, but look like another gender and have not had a sex-reassignment surgery :/

I personally dont feel I have to worry about it in Georgia. Unisex bathrooms is a bird that WILL NEVER fly here ;)

Aapa

Mirajmom
Assalaam walaikum,

Sometimes I wonder why we have to deal with non-issues. The transgenders are so greedy they will not even allow me the goodness to answer the call of nature in a private and dignified manner.
That is the issue that no-one is willing to tackle. Homosexuality and its sisters are not a physical issue. It is a issue of personal greed: Lust. I want it all and I want whatever I want regardless of its consequences.

If they want to relieve themselves in a room that is filled with confused sexes let them...I will do a West Virginia number and walk into the privacy of the woods.

Golden_Green

i totally agree with above stated comments, only wish London had woods all around them...u never know u might catch a few walking about of there too..eeeeeeew!

it is sick twisted perversion, i think public toilets should be outlawed<---start a petition for that!!! there was a time homos were getting up to no good in them with random strangers. it really is a sick world!