Lowes / American Muslim ad decision

inquizator

Salam Alykum;

I just heard this on the news and it's in Dearborn . The Christian Taliban is having a fit over Lowes backing or funding the show with their Ads. It's all quite Insane. Perhaps others may find it interesting..... (?)

Never heard about this Show before tonight and allow me to insert my unsolicited opinion that No Family should allow Cameras to follow them around for a commercial spectator Value or any other reason. I think it's shameful but..........how things are.

"For nonbigoted America, it's not much of a revelation that Muslim-Americans are ordinary people who just happen to have an arbitrary set of religious customs that are mildly different than those of Christians."

Posted at 5:01 PM on December 14, 2011 by Brett Neely (0 Comments)

Keith Ellison stepped up his campaign to pressure home supply chain Lowes to reconsider its decision to pull its advertising from the TLC reality TV show All-American Muslim after the company came under criticism from conservative groups.

Lowes pulled its ads from the show after the Florida Family Association issued a petition criticizing the company for airing what it described as "propaganda" because the program didn't depict the Muslim-American community as one "whose agenda poses a clear and present danger to liberties and traditional values that the majority of Americans cherish."

http://minnesota.publicradio.org/co...olinaut/archive/2011/12/ellison_pressur.shtml

This is a good link to read / watch, I'm a little embarrassed to post some of the words but there's more.

http://www.slate.com/blogs/xx_facto...r_pressure_from_christian_conservatives_.html

xAllahKnowsBestx

Walaykum assalam.

I heard about this as well, and apparently McDonalds, Wal-Mart and 63 others pulled their ads (Wow). It's one of TLC's highest rated shows ever. So it's certainly not for lack of ratings. Err.. #LowesHatesMuslims?

islamerica

1 Ummah under God
National Lowe's Boycott Network Launched

The National Lowe’s Boycott Network is a grassroots effort and campaign started by activists across the country in wake of the Lowes decision to pull advertising from the TLC show “All American Muslim.” Those involved in the campaign come from a broad spectrum of religious, ethnic and professional backgrounds – one thing they do have in common is their united stand against hate and bigotry.

http://lowesboycott.com

http://campaign.r20.constantcontact...5CZZoehHcoUa3dzAxkUITJ5ip1CXL0q1Df7l_X-Qz3Us=

inquizator

Alykum Salam

The Christian Taliban don't seem to have the Power the had under Bush, the worst President to ever hold the Office and started a war costing 150,000+ Iraqi Lives, and 8 BILLION $.
Under his Dictatorship people were afraid to say anything b/c we were snitching others out for taking against stuff, any stuff.

Now we can see the Good People stepping foreword and doing the right thing.
Protests are good for any situation where injustice takes place.
I didn't know it was a hit show or it even existed. Seems that there's something not right with Muslims allowing their lives to be so public. I would never dream of participating in such a spectacle. I understand the Value it may have opening the eyes of some but.......
Does this show have any dignity at all if you've seen it--anyone?

The actions of Good People give me Hope that a good Future can be ahead if we choose wisely but I fear bigotry lasts forever. The Christian Taliban needs to be de-fanged forever, they have done so much harm to Christianity under Bush and to so many others.

3 cheers for the Protestors~!!

inquizator

DISGRACEFUL. ALL THOSE LIVES WASTED ON A PURE FABRICATED LIE FOR THE NATURAL RESOURCES OF IRAQ..

AMERICA SHOULD HANG ITS COLLECTIVE HEAD IN SHAME. DOESN'T MAKE ME PROUD TO BE AMERICAN. I SHOULD HAVE WENT FROM THE UK TO CANADA AND STAYED THERE.
I'M ASHAMED TO BE AN AMERICAN.............

OUR ACTIONS WILL MAKE A BARREL OF OIL GO SKY HIGH AND AMERICA FEARS THAT, NOT GOOD FOR THE DOW JONES OR THE AVERAGE AMERICAN BUT WE DESERVE IT. OUR ACTIONS THERE SPEAK LOUDER THAN ANY NUMBER OF WORDS COULD AND WE HAD A POOR SHOWING OF OURSELVES.
ARMED CONTRACTORS ARE STILL THERE AND WE LEFT-RIGHT~!

NOW ALL THOSE TROOPS WILL ARRIVE HOME TO A BANKRUPT ECONOMY WHERE THERE ARE NO JOBS FOR THEM.

A NATION WHICH ONLY CONSUMES AND PRODUCES ONLY CHILDREN AND DEBT WAS SURE TO FALL.

JUST RETURNED FROM THE ER, MY YOUNGEST SON HAS SCARLET FEVER AND THEY ALWAYS COME TO ME WHEN THEY'RE SICK, BUT I LOVE CARING FOR THEM.
IT'S NOW 04:20 AND I'M HITTING THE HAY, LONG HARD NIGHT~! HAVE TO GET UP AT 07:00 TO CALL HIS HIGH SCHOOL AND INFORM THAT HE'S NOT GOING TO COME FOR A FEW DAYS.

CHILDREN CAN BE HARD.

alf2

Islam is a way of life
I didn't know it was a hit show or it even existed. Seems that there's something not right with Muslims allowing their lives to be so public. I would never dream of participating in such a spectacle. I understand the Value it may have opening the eyes of some but.......
Does this show have any dignity at all if you've seen it--anyone?

It has "Muslim" girls half dressed and Muslim girls going into bars and drinking. It has ALL ARABS. It seems it should be called "All American Arab" to me.

The show has no value.

Tomtom

Banned
As'alaamu Alaikkum brother Michael

I like the new word Christian 'Taliban'. :)

They have a lot to answer for on the Day of Reckoning!

newtoIslam

Assalamu 'alaykum

I agree with you, Sister. I've only seen a bit of one episode... a muslim girl/woman wanted a business and was considering opening a club/bar. I am cynical about what sort of family is willing to have their private family life filmed and displayed for all to observe. However, it's truly unfortunate the show received the negative backlash from advertisers simply because it's about muslim families. It's things like this that make me appreciate being Canadian even more, Masha-Allah.

inquizator

Alykum Salam.

Wish I lived in Canada.........

If the show is like that, then I would condemn it or not support any aspect of it. Plus as said, what sort of Muslim Family would / could do such a thing and for money is a horrible reason.
I don't doubt anyone about the show's contents, so pretty much shows can't judge who's Muslim by a beard any more than a hijab it would seem. I was told that just making Shahada meant a person was (minimum) Muslim. I'd write to their Mosque but if they don't already know or see, what can another possibly tell them. When the heart is closed, eyes can never see. Allah(swt) guides who he pleases.

Brother Tomtom, the Religious Right, who want everyone to be carbon copies of them and exactly their beliefs are the Christian Taliban. Including the Mormans, they are very strong politically.
I once spoke with a guy and he was telling me that all the people that go to the Church less than 30 meters away from his Church, "that all of them were going to hell".
I thought he was making a joke but asked "why"?
He said "because they believe the wrong thing". I regret not asking what that was but I walked off and was pretty sure I was talking to a mindless bigot void of any knowledge, compassion or understanding.

I know a few really nice people (happily married women) who always invite me to go to Church with them or go to Fellowship (where they hang-out). I told one that I'd go to the gathering without prayer but if anyone told me how Jesus died for my sins that they would probably not like my response, so I've never gone. Spiritually we have a lot in common except when it come to Jesus. She is part of this Religious Right but I don't think she's aware of it.
Shame that one name can cause so much heart felt strife, arguments and a huge differences.

Some times I wonder if people protect their Religious beliefs so zealously b/c they're afraid to question. "I know all I need to know" is what I usually get when I suggest to someone to just read the Qur'an and see for yourself.

and the world keeps turning..........

finding light

Ya Rab! Forgive me..
As'alaamu Alaikkum brother Michael

I like the new word Christian 'Taliban'. :)

I dont quite understand this term... what exactly do you guys mean CHRISTIAN Taliban??? only people with no faith AT ALL would indulge in this stuff.... Anti-Muslim doesnt necessarily mean CHRISTIAN. And real Christians do not discriminate.... Im no Christian but just saying...... If we dont like the fingers to be pointing our way, why must we also point the finger??

DanyalSAC

It has "Muslim" girls half dressed and Muslim girls going into bars and drinking. It has ALL ARABS. It seems it should be called "All American Arab" to me.

The show has no value.

Try "All American Shia". From what I understand, they are all Shia like most of Dearborn.

One "sister" covers only with tattoos...I think she's the one that wants to buy a bar. Only one sister in the show covers with hijab.