Asalamo Alaikom brothers and sisters :)

at this time, poll result...

5--sister, over 22 yrs old, school first

3--sister, over 22 yrs old, marriage first

7--sister, under 22 yrs old, school first

2--sister, under 22 yrs old, marriage first

5--brother, prefer young sister then her education

8--brother, prefer educated (a bachelors degree) sister then young sister

If we assume that the result above is a representative of our ummah today!!!:D... we would have...

sisters under 22 years old, marriage first (result-2 sisters or bigger picture 2 million sisters in our umah)... these sisters would have 5 or (5 million) brothers who would like to marry to... in this case, these sisters can pick and chose who they want to marry to. they can look for a partner who would let them continue their education or anything else that these sisters value in a husband!!!

sisters who value education first are 12 (or 12 million), brothers who care about a sister's education are 8 (or 8 million)... when these sisters want to get married, not all will get married, 4 (12-8) million sisters are left!!!...

If one tries to look at the limitations of this poll, he/she can... but the general idea is true!...

our prophet (SAW) said...
"A woman is married for her deen, her wealth or her beauty. You must go for the one with deen, may your hands be in the dust! (if you fail to heed)" Muslim

from above hadith, one of the other characteristics that attracts man to another female is her beauty (not her degree!)...

my point out of this whole thing is to encourage my brothers and sister (ESPECIALLY SISTERS) to open the door for marriage and have it as a priority... If we want to succeed in this life and after-life, we need to follow what our beloved prophet said:

"Whichever of you is capable should marry for it will aid him in lowering his gaze and guarding his body (from sin). As for the one who is not capable, fasting is his protection." (An-Nasaa'i - sahih)

"If someone with whose piety and character you are satisfied with comes to you, marry to him. If you do not do so, there will be trials in the earth and a great deal of evil." At-Tirmidhi and others and it is hassan.

"O young men, whoever among you has the ability, let him marry." Bukhari & Muslim

"Marry, for I will outnumber the other nations by you on Qiyama." (Ibn Majah - Sahih)

I love you all for the shake of Allah :hearts:

:wasalam:

amirah80

*Fear Allah*
:salam2:

I voted for sisters 22 and older get married.

I had completed my degree at the age of 22 when I got married and during the marriage I finished other parts of education completing certification. I think marriage is so important because it satisfies half of the deen. I feel if you meet a pious brother/sister wether you are 18, 19,28, 32 then get married. Then complete your education after marriage. If you are in school already and the opportunity presents itself with a pious muslim then do not pass it up. After marriage it could become difficult to complete your education due to children but it can be done. I see women/brothers do it all the time. But I feel when Allah blesses you with a pious brother/sister that opportunity might not come again. I am not saying marry the first brother that ask you either.

:hearts::hearts::hearts::hearts::hearts:

Meraj

Brother
what a statistics...MashaAllah brother....

brother you can add a million more to the last one...or equivalent according ur statistics....
jazak Allah kheiran for ur efforts....

a_brother

Make dua for us all

I voted for sisters 22 and older get married.

I had completed my degree at the age of 22 when I got married and during the marriage I finished other parts of education completing certification. I think marriage is so important because it satisfies half of the deen. I feel if you meet a pious brother/sister wether you are 18, 19,28, 32 then get married. Then complete your education after marriage. If you are in school already and the opportunity presents itself with a pious muslim then do not pass it up. After marriage it could become difficult to complete your education due to children but it can be done. I see women/brothers do it all the time. But I feel when Allah blesses you with a pious brother/sister that opportunity might not come again. I am not saying marry the first brother that ask you either.

:hearts::hearts::hearts::hearts::hearts:

exactly, at 22 yrs old, one would have finished with his/her bachelors degree (18 yrs from high school + 4 yrs in college)... that's why i chose 22 yrs old as a cut in the poll!!!... but still I don't get it?!?!?!?... what is a sister trying to get before marriage, a phd than research than work than...? <<< that's crazy!!! :lol: :lol: :p

the thing is that most (if not all) of the sisters who finish their higher degree (than a bachelors) end up preferring to take care of their kids than work...

why prevent one's self from satisfying her desire in the right way (through marriage) for education!?!?!... I don't get it!!! :lol:

education is important. what i care most about what i got from my education is the ability to comprehend my religion better... but that could have been done through the process of learning about my own religion from the beginning!... what I learned the most from attending college is to prioritize in life and gaining the mean ideas in of anything... AlhamduliLah, i finished my bachelors. I am studying for chartered financial analyst and i am working full time so that i may get married :p inshaAllah... marriage is not a "block" to do other things!...

hope u watched the video above... there are many other sisters in this category...

Again, if one wants to succeed in this life and after-life, follow Allah's messenger's advise in my previews post :)

this life is SHORT, enjoy it instead of "killing your brain"...:D

amirah80

*Fear Allah*
Salam A_Brother

I just watched the video:) This brother is so dramatic:) but has valid points. Some sisters are getting carried away in the whole I want theory. ( I want this and I want that) There was a thread that was done asking what do you want in a husband or something in those regards. Well I answered in one sentence a pious brother and the rest will fall in place. I saw different remarks like good with kids, nice, etc... :) The thing is if you have a pious brother he will be good to the kids, good to the wife, a provider, etc... Realistically ever one will fall short of this exagerrated list wether a brother as the list or the sister. When you first do your list you find the brother/sister is all of that and more after marriage then its the real them LOL So those list are history!:) But some sisters will want to get an education for whatever reasons and that is ok. Because not everyone has not had a brother ask to marry them so they need to do something with theirselves. In my situation it just worked out that way that I was engaged like 1 month prior to my semester ending and then I got married shortly after. So my situation was cool and I studied after marriage with children. I was not engaged long I actually new my husband 5 months total before marriage now married 5 years. If I would have met him years before I would have married him before completing my education. I just feel if a brother says he wants a educated sister or the sister wants a education first clarify what a education means to you. For me I am not a doctor or engineer but I hold a degree and certifications so many would say educated. I have had wonderful jobs but I want to keep my children. To me education does not require me holding a degree or some certifications. To me education is obtaining enough knowledge to be able to contribute what was learned to others or utilize it in my everyday life. Edcuation does not necessary mean University! Being educated to me is being educated in Islam which will benefit me more than anything I learned in school. My sole purpose is worship Allah and gain my education through that. Now I am fortunate to be blessed with a husband who can provide but some sister do not have that opportunity and need to go to school and educate themselves because they might have to provide for themselves while they are waiting for that pious man.:hearts:

Salam Amirah80

a_brother

Make dua for us all

I agree with you sister Amirah...

the problem that i see is that sisters prefer education than marriage... sure, not all sisters get to have a brother coming to them asking for their hand... but without a sister letting her parents/family/friends that she's interested in marriage, most likely, no one would come knocking on her door... However, as you may see from the poll, most sisters are prefering school than marriage!!!... usually, takes time for a sister to find her match. if she waits a long time to start looking, then what are her chance of finding her match at an older age???... i read a post of a sister a while ago where she stated that the older a sister becomes, the more picky she is, the harder to find a match!!!... I found that to be true!

LETS TRY TO MAKE OUR BELOVED PROPHET PROUD OF US...:D

"Marry, for I will outnumber the other nations by you on Qiyama."
(Ibn Majah - Sahih)

a_muslimah86

Hubbi Li Rabbi
Staff member

now I voted sister over 22..school first

even though i turned 22 five months ago...

but feel it necessary to explain why I chose that...

I picked school first because it's the "current" ongoing situation for me...I have not had any proposals..and I have nobody in mind to consider for marriage...and thus the choice

however I believe that marriage...as with education and what not...is part of a muslim's qisma...and we cannot really say *for sure*...I want this before that or vice-versa...

especially with needs varying and emotions being influenced by many matters...so in a way...you can say that I worry about things as they happen...now it's school...if the marriage topic were to arise then I will think about things carefully...make Istikhara and make decisions based on that...

a_brother

Make dua for us all
:salam2: sister a_muslimah86

no doubt, one would only get married when he/she is written for him/her just like in anything else... but we need to make a cause... just as school takes time and effort, marriage takes time and effort... when one cares about something, than he/she works for that thing and ask Allah to make it easy for him/her...

May Allah help us all in finding a righteous partner :salah:

amirah80

*Fear Allah*
:salam2: sister a_muslimah86

no doubt, one would only get married when he/she is written for him/her just like in anything else... but we need to make a cause... just as school takes time and effort, marriage takes time and effort... when one cares about something, than he/she works for that thing and ask Allah to make it easy for him/her...

May Allah help us all in finding a righteous partner :salah:

Good point. If attending a University and marriage is important to you. Ask Allah to make it easier because both can be done.

May Allah assist in guiding you all who are not married to a pious partner. Ameen:tti_sister:
Salam Amirah80

kayleigh

It looks like your stats have changed and us girls who prefer education will be married after all lol.

I think it depends a lot on culture too...like, if you come from a culture where education is really important, then you'd prefer your spouse to be educated. For some reason I imagine Western born Muslim men and reverts are more apt to prefer an educated sister and vice versa, but I have nothing to back this up with.

I once had a guy tell me he wouldn't consider marrying me unless I had my undergrad degree completed lol.

a_brother

Make dua for us all
sister, over 22 yrs old, school first 7 13.73%
sister, over 22 yrs old, marriage first 5 9.80%
sister, under 22 yrs old, school first 13 25.49%
sister, under 22 yrs old, marriage first 3 5.88%
brother, prefer young sister then her education 7 13.73%
brother, prefer educated (a bachelors degree) sister then young sister 16 31.37%

:salam2: sister kayleigh :)

LOL, you are wrong sister...:p
no change for the "unmarried sisters" who prefer education first: 4 (20-16) million "unmarried sisters" as before...
Only getting better for sisters under 22 yrs old with marriage as priority: extra 4 (7-3) million brothers for sisters under 22 yrs old to chose from (than before: 3 million) :p...LOL

I agree with you sister Kayleigh, culture has an effect... the ones who participated in this poll must have those characteristics...
has access to internet and able to use it (therefore, most likely educated or like education/technology). he/she was able to read English (therefore, most likely they live in the west)
"I once had a guy tell me he wouldn't consider marrying me unless I had my undergrad degree completed lol."
...interesting, what was his reasoning?

I know many brothers from the mosque of the university that used to go to (meaning, about all the brothers who attend the mosque regularly) ... they don't care about a degree... they would like to marry someone who they can communicate with and feel comfortable with... Many I know didn't marry any one older or was looking for "a degree" sister... actually, many brothers went back to their home country and married a sister from there since many sisters prefer a degree than a husband!... usually, in "muslim countries" they value family than education...

Unfortunately, there is a high divorce rate in the west (between muslims) compared to "muslim countries"... I think the reason is because each individual can work and be independent of the other... when a sister has a degree as a "back up" (getting a degree just so she feels independent), she may not have as much patience to deal with family problems (so a degree may play against a family)... in a "muslim country" (and some families in the west), the wife is dependent on the husband in financial (and emotional) aspect, and the husband is dependent on the wife as in emotional aspect where she takes care of him and the kids in between them... so each one is in need of the other!... and of course, if one does not practice Islam within family, than the relationship is messed up and will end up in a divorce...

don't get me wrong, i would like to see sisters with high degrees (doctors, computer engineers, ...). the problem comes when one doesn't do it for the shake of Allah, or let it play against them in solving small problems within a relationship...

Any way, my point is to encourage the brothers and sisters to get married as soon as possible... the imam yesterday (friday/jumuha) said that marriage is obligatory for muslims (especially in the west, i live in US)... LOL, what a coincidence :p

The Ruling Concerning Marriage
Different Rulings for Different Cases?

What is the status of marriage in the Shari'a? Is it obligatory or merely allowed? Some of the Hanafi scholars have broken this question down into different cases:

1. If a person feels certain that he will commit something forbidden if he does not marry and he has the financial ability to marry, then marriage is in his case fardh (the highest level of the obligatory in Hanafi terminology).
2. If a person has the ability to marry and treat his wife properly and fears (strong probability) that he will engage in unlawful acts if he doesn't, then marriage in his case is wajib (obligatory).
3. If a person does not have the financial or physical means to marry or feels certain that he will not treat his wife properly then marriage in his case is haram (forbidden).
4. If a person has the means to marry, but feels strongly that he will not treat his wife properly, marriage in his case is makrooh (disliked).
5. If a person has the means to marry and has no fear of mistreating his wife or of committing the unlawful if he doesn't marry, then marriage in his case is mustahabb (preferred).

This last opinion is widely regarded as the "default" (al-asl) ruling in this question i.e., marriage, generally speaking is the preferred but not obligatory way and only becomes obligatory, forbidden, etc. in the exceptional cases.

Since the man is normally the one who goes looking for a spouse and proposes to her family, etc., these discussions normally focus on him. Every point in the above discussion, however, applies to women equally as it does to men.

http://www.java-man.com/Pages/Marriage/Marriage02.html

I was wondering how the brothers took the "young sister" from the choices
" brother, prefer educated (a bachelors degree) sister then young sister"
what was the first thing you pictured?... a responsible sister or a "kid"... I would assume some brothers unintentionally pictured a child whose not responsible as an effect from the media!!!...a sister who doesn't feel ready (handle marriage responsibility), then she wouldn't look for marriage... therefore, only responsible sisters who would look for marriage!... So, if the statement was understood like the above, would you have chosen the same choice? Preferring a degree than educated youth?

a_brother

Make dua for us all

Importance of Marriage in Islam​

Allah has created men and women as company for one another, and so that they can procreate and live in peace and tranquillity according to the commandments of Allah and the directions of His Messenger. The Qur'an says:

And among His signs is this, that He created for you mates from among yourselves, that you may dwell in tranquillity with them, and He has put love and mercy between your hearts. Undoubtedly in these are signs for those who reflect. (30:21)

And Allah has made for you your mates of your own nature, and made for you, out of them, sons and daughters and grandchildren, and provided for you sustenance of the best. (16:72)

These verses of the Noble Qur'an clearly show that in contrast to other religions like Christianity, Buddhism, Judaism etc. which consider celibacy or monasticism as a great virtue and a means of salvation, Islam considers marriage as one of the most virtuous and approved institutions. The Messenger of Allah (peace be upon him) declared, "There is no monasticism in Islam." He further ordained,

"O you young men! Whoever is able to marry should marry, for that will help him to lower his gaze and guard his modesty." (Al-Bukhari)

Modesty was regarded as a great virtue by the Prophet. He said, "Modesty is part of faith." (Al-Bukhari)

The importance of the institution or marriage receives its greatest emphasis from the following hadith of the Prophet,

"Marriage is my sunna. Whosoever keeps away from it is not from me."

With these Qur'anic injunctions and the guidance from the Prophet (peace be upon him) in mind, we shall examine the institution of marriage in the Shari'ah.

The word zawaj is used in the Qur'an to signify a pair or a mate. But in common parlance it stands for marriage. Since the family is the nucleus of Islamic society, and marriage is the only way to bring families into existence, the Prophet (peace be upon him) insisted upon his followers entering into marriage The Shari'ah prescribes rules to regulate the functioning of the family so that both spouses can live together in love, security, and tranquillity. Marriage in Islam has aspects of both 'ibadah (worship) of Allah and mu'amalah (transactions between human beings).

In its 'ibadah aspect, marriage is an act pleasing to Allah because it is in accordance with his commandments that husband and wife love each other and help each other to make efforts to continue the human race and rear and nurse their children to become true servants of Allah.

In its mu'amalah aspect, marriage being a lawful response to the basic biological instinct to have sexual intercourse and to procreate children, the Shari'ah has prescribed detailed rules for translating this response into a living human institution reinforced by a whole framework of legally enforceable rights and duties, not only of the spouses, but also of their offspring.

These aspects are beautifully explained in a tradition of the Prophet. It is narrated by Anas that the Messenger of Allah (peace be upon him) said,

"When a man marries, he has fulfilled half of his religion, so let him fear Allah regarding the remaining half."

The Prophet considered marriage for a Muslim as half of his religion because it shields him from promiscuity, adultery, fornication, homosexuality etc., which ultimately lead to many other evils like slander, quarreling, homicide, loss of property and disintegration of the family. According to the Prophet (peace be upon him) the remaining half of the faith can be saved by taqwa.

http://abdurrahman.org/women/womeninmarriage.html
:ma:

kayleigh

LOL, you are wrong sister...:p
no change for the "unmarried sisters" who prefer education first: 4 (20-16) million "unmarried sisters" as before...
Only getting better for sisters under 22 yrs old with marriage as priority: extra 4 (7-3) million brothers for sisters under 22 yrs old to chose from (than before: 3 million) :p...LOL

I agree with you sister Kayleigh, culture has an effect... the ones who participated in this poll must have those characteristics...
has access to internet and able to use it (therefore, most likely educated or like education/technology). he/she was able to read English (therefore, most likely they live in the west)

...interesting, what was his reasoning?

I know many brothers from the mosque of the university that used to go to (meaning, about all the brothers who attend the mosque regularly) ... they don't care about a degree... they would like to marry someone who they can communicate with and feel comfortable with... Many I know didn't marry any one older or was looking for "a degree" sister... actually, many brothers went back to their home country and married a sister from there since many sisters prefer a degree than a husband!... usually, in "muslim countries" they value family than education...

Unfortunately, there is a high divorce rate in the west (between muslims) compared to "muslim countries"... I think the reason is because each individual can work and be independent of the other... when a sister has a degree as a "back up" (getting a degree just so she feels independent), she may not have as much patience to deal with family problems (so a degree may play against a family)... in a "muslim country" (and some families in the west), the wife is dependent on the husband in financial (and emotional) aspect, and the husband is dependent on the wife as in emotional aspect where she takes care of him and the kids in between them... so each one is in need of the other!... and of course, if one does not practice Islam within family, than the relationship is messed up and will end up in a divorce...

don't get me wrong, i would like to see sisters with high degrees (doctors, computer engineers, ...). the problem comes when one doesn't do it for the shake of Allah, or let it play against them in solving small problems within a relationship...

His reasoning was just that education was the most important thing and everyone in his family was educated so he couldn't marry a woman who wasn't. I wasn't interested, anyway lol

and, I was only looking at the statistics concerning my group, meaning, there's more brothers who would prefer an educated sister :p But no matter, because if it's the will of God that someone will be married, then age and education don't matter. It'll happen anyway.

and...I'm about to make a lot of generalizations here, but:

I don't think the high divorce rate can really be blamed on education or women's independence TOO much. If a woman has a degree as a safety net, it's so useless and impractical I don't see how it can play against the family UNLESS she had a career before and during her marriage. Why useless? Because if you got a degree, but never got a job with it, no one is going to hire you if it's been many years since you completed your degree (if a sister graduated, then settled down, had kids, and didn't work). This will obviously vary depending on the level of your degree and the field it's in. a recent study done says that it is easier for women in the US to take a few years off to raise a family and then return to her career than it is for women in Europe to do the same. But this is for women who had a career and a job for some time. If a woman with a degree walked into your office, but she was 30 and had absolutely no work experience and had completed her degree 5+ years ago, would you hire her? Most likely not. PLUS all the other disadvantages. If you wear hijab, you're at a disadvantage. If you have children, you're at a disadvantage. If you are pregnant, you're at a disadvantage. Even if you're not white, you're at a disadvantage. Even being a woman is sometimes still a disadvantage in the job market. So, it is so difficult to start a career that I don't really think many women have the idea that it will be so easy to get a divorce and support herself and be independent.

I am most certainly for women's education and economic independence, though. If women are unable to have a fighting chance, then they're basically doomed. If they have no way of surviving except to rely on men this opens the door for abuse like forced marriages and prostitution because she has no other way of survival, and the general oppression of women because, I'm sorry, but men now days are generally in no way comparable to the early Muslim men. If she is divorced or widowed, her chances of remarrying are extremely low. Most men don't want an older woman who's already had children and been married, and most men can't and won't take another wife. Muslim women already outnumber Muslim men, and too many Muslim men marry outside of the religion. Unless you're young, pretty, and previously unmarried, the likelihood of getting married drops drastically. With education and work experience they at least have a fighting chance to support themselves and their kids (if any), even though it will be extremely difficult.

and, do you really want a wife that is only with you as a means of survival? The whole thing creates an unhealthy relationship if she's only with you for money and/or if she's only with you because she fears the only other option is suffering. again, this opens the door to an abusive relationship.

But what I think does have an effect on the divorce rate is culture. The younger generation is usually more liberal than the older generation, and first generation Muslims raised in the West are generally more liberal and assimilated to the Western culture than their immigrant parents are. Divorce is not as shunned in the West as it is in other cultures. In the West, it's not good, but it is definitely more culturally acceptable to get divorced. This isn't the case in other cultures, so I think the younger generations of Muslims raised in the West and getting married in the West jump to the idea of divorce in times of hardship much easier than their parents would have because of the cultural influence.

I also think the materialistic Western culture plays a part as well. The most common reason for a failed marriage in the West is financial problems and the fights that surround it. Western culture is very materialistic and I think in some cases, Western raised Muslims may be more susceptible to falling in the trap many Western non-Muslims fall into in their marriage. They'll bicker and fight and be torn apart over financial problems. I think in some cases, non-Western Muslims are more willing to stick through it together and be happy with what they get while Western Muslims aren't as willing to put up with it and always want more and more because unless you've got a big house, nice cars, credit cards, and all the luxuries, they're not happy and they won't be happy until they have it all.

a_brother

Make dua for us all

Muslim women already outnumber Muslim men, and too many Muslim men marry outside of the religion.
that's why i posted this thread!!!... i know many brothers who want to get married, but no muslim females there to marry to because many prefer education than marriage!!! after education, comes work... with time, she may have a hard time to find a partner or become "veeery picky" ... what can the brothers do than?? those who have citizenship, go back home and get married from there... those who don't have citizenship, marry any female so that they don't fall into haram relationship!!!... having a haram relationship in the west is veeeeeeery easy... WHY NOT GET MARRIED???

I work as a manager in a retail business, so i interact with all different kinds of people... most of the time, husband and wife pay for their stuff separate<<< WHAT??? what kind of a partnership is that??... i see many men take proud of their partner naked for other men to look at, as if they saying "look at what i got!!!!!" WHAT KIND OF PARTNERSHIP IS THAT???

Islam encourage us to get married as soon as we can <<< that's for a good reason...

So, it is so difficult to start a career that I don't really think many women have the idea that it will be so easy to get a divorce and support herself and be independent.

trust me sister there are soo many who careless since one can find any job in the west... imam told us from a US statistics that in US... 54% of african americans kids don't have a father, 30% of hispanic kids don't have a father, and 21% of white kids don't have a father

In islam, when a sister looks for a partner, if she chose someone for his piety and character, then she has nothing to worry about because she followed what Allah's messenger encouraged her to do...

"If someone with whose piety and character you are satisfied with comes to you, marry to him. If you do not do so, there will be trials in the earth and a great deal of evil." At-Tirmidhi and others and it is hassan.

I think in some cases, non-Western Muslims are more willing to stick through it together and be happy with what they get while Western Muslims aren't as willing to put up with it and always want more and more because unless you've got a big house, nice cars, credit cards, and all the luxuries, they're not happy and they won't be happy until they have it all.

as you said sister, "non-Western Muslims are more willing to stick through it together and be happy with what they get" <<< that's good for both parties... that's because in "muslim countries", people are still practicing "islamic culture" WHICH IS BEAUUUUTIFUL :D

Imam yesterday mentioned that muslims are known for good family relationship but many muslims in the west are trying to be like the west... what kind of result would the muslims in the west who follow the west would get except the same result as the west has... A LOT OF SINGLES AND HIGH DIVORCE RATE BETWEEN MARRIED ONES...

SO, WHY DON'T WE FOLLOW OUR BELOVED PROPHET'S ADVICE!!!!

May Allah show us the right path :salah:

PS. I am not saying that sisters shouldn't go for education, but marriage is more important... my point of view from what i have seen and heard, and most importantly, from what the prophet (SAW) said:)

kayleigh

trust me sister there are soo many who careless since one can find any job in the west... imam told us from a US statistics that in US... 54% of african americans kids don't have a father, 30% of hispanic kids don't have a father, and 21% of white kids don't have a father

This has NOTHING to do with women wanting to work and I'm honestly offended by this. I do not have a father because he threatened to kill my mother if she didn't abort me because they were unmarried when she got pregnant. He abandoned his responsibilities and refused to pay child support. This is common.

So many kids in the US don't have a father because of deadbeat fathers who abandon their children, and because the majority of the time they have children outside of marriage. They get a girl pregnant and then they run away. This is NOT because a woman had a nice happy family and then ran away to have a job. You're blaming women for something that men do and even demonizing single mothers who have to struggle to raise their children and go through more hardships than you could even imagine. I can guarantee you that almost all of those 54%, 30%, and 21% have no father because their fathers chose to be uninvolved in their lives. They chose to be irresponsible and abandon their children.

This isn't about some women working, this is about some men being irresponsible deadbeat "fathers".

IslamIsLight

Islam is my life
Staff member
salam aleikum

This has NOTHING to do with women wanting to work
You're blaming women for something that men do and even demonizing single mothers who have to struggle to raise their children and go through more hardships than you could even imagine. I can guarantee you that almost all of those 54%, 30%, and 21% have no father because their fathers chose to be uninvolved in their lives. They chose to be irresponsible and abandon their children.

I agree with sister Kaylegh..

waaleikum salam