Marriage: working-wife or non-working wife?

Marriage: working wife or non-working wife?

• working wife

Votes: 6 18.8%
  • non-working wife

Votes: 17 53.1%
  • not sure

Votes: 9 28.1%

• Total voters

~Ali_

Fixing da foundation
Assalamualaikum

I agree with shaheerpak and stiks.

The situation is different in every household and it also depends on the women herself.

Although on a personal preference for me:

a) The kids get raised alot better when the mother is around.
b) I do not wish to burden my wife, even the least.

BUT if she wants to work (just as long as its modest and stuff) then by all means go ahead.

Bottom line is - its up to her and the given situation.

slaveofAllah88

Slave of Allah (swt)
Assalamualaikum

I agree with shaheerpak and stiks.

The situation is different in every household and it also depends on the women herself.

Although on a personal preference for me:

a) The kids get raised alot better when the mother is around.
b) I do not wish to burden my wife, even the least.

BUT if she wants to work (just as long as its modest and stuff) then by all means go ahead.

Bottom line is - its up to her and the given situation.

Exactly, i think a husband shud present his reasoning and let her decide, but there are small kids i think its important for wife to stay at home cuz the nourishment is extremely important

alkathiri

As-Shafaa'i(Brother)
No doubt , non working women. But if she works in areas like hospital or muslim schools, then inshAllah she can work in these areas.

I have not come across ulema that say women cannot work in muslim schools or hospitals...Please dont give these kind of refutations , sisters. Please be a bit mature...

Seriously , a family need someone to teach the kids at home. It is either the father or the mother.

Sayyeda

Islamicthinking

I agree with most of the posts here but the point is why a women would like to work outside her home,its not any easy task ,its just a painful struggle for a women to take two types of responsibilities at the same time,just from my personal experience children get ignored,husband and whole of family life is disturbed,when women is not at homa,our gracious God has given a very beautiful way of life,but unluck;y we dont follow that path,AT the same time if a women work then she must be having some financial problems or she may be needed in that area like a lady doctor,ya ofcourse we cant ask all women to sit at home.so first priority of women is to handle her home and children,because if you look at her mental capabilities and physical stamina i think God has created her, not for too much burden,and our children need us alot because no day care can take care of our children in a way as we ourself can.

IbnAdam77

Travelling towards my grave.
Assalam aliekum

If women don't work, who is going to educate your daughters? If women don't work, who is going to medically treat your wives, mothers, sisters, and daughters? You want your girls to be taught by men only? You want your women seeing only male doctors, even for baby delivery, pap tests, breast exams, etc? If you don't allow your women to be teachers, doctors, professors, nurses, etc., then YOU are forcing women to mix with men in the instances that they need teachers and professors and doctors, etc.

:wasalam: Sister:

We also dont want our wife to be humiliated. We also don't want our wives to neglect our children. We want to have wife who cares about the husbands. Who cares about their homes and who cares about their children. We want to give positive message to our children that whenever you are down we are their to help you. We are there to listen to you.

How would you feel if you (being a daughter) came from school, and you don't see you mama because she is too busy at work. She has no time for you But she does have time for others. She is educating others but she is forgetting you. She left you with babysitters, who just want money. That babysitter doesn't have a pound of love for you.

Educating children and working or two different things.

assalam 'alaikum warahmatullahi wabarakatuh

First of all, I have to say that I agree with you both. What???? Mannnn are you mad??? Accepting two opposite ideas in the same time????

Yeah I said it right. When we mix both those quotes, we will get the best and accurate idea for this topic according to islam. Let us think about few points for better understanding.

1) As some one else said here, Khadija (radiyallahu 'anha) was a working lady when she married to prophet (sallallahu 'alaihi wasallam). But that was of her own Business she carried on,

2) Women are given respect in Islam and Islam protected them from all the types of discriminations. We cannot force them to earn even a single cent as we are the "Qawwaamoon" as said in Quran,

3) We need both an educated mother who will raise her children with 'Ilm of Dunya and 'Aakhirah, and a teacher who will take classes in girls' section of a college.

4) In different battles in the time of prophet (sallallahu 'alaihi wasallam), women used to provide food also,

5) Women will not be questioned about the damaged powerhouse of there is no women as an engineer, but they will surely be questioned about the rights of their children and husbands.

I have to go now. Hope this helps a little in the topic. By the way, I voted as Not Sure.

wassalam 'alaikum warahmatullahi wabarakatuh

ahmed_indian

to Allah we belong
is this for brothers? i also want to answer..so okay, if i would be a guy, then i would choose a working wife...

i really hope by 'working wife' you dont mean working in a commercial company with men from morning to evening being unaware wht is going on with the children and home.

betty

sadly most families need 2 incomes to pay the bills and stay out of the poor house, many Muslim families I know dont have the option to think about "a stay at home mom".