massage

YHeym

ASA, my husband has not been feeling well and someone recommended him to get a massage. it would be by a female. i just dont feel comfortable with it. what do every one thinks about it.

Artemis

Banned
ASA, my husband has not been feeling well and someone recommended him to get a massage. it would be by a female. i just dont feel comfortable with it. what do every one thinks about it.

assumming this is a medical massage and not a parlour massage what would be wrong with it. I remember a fatwa not sure where but it said a male surgeon operating on a woman was ok, ditto a female nurse attending a man,
so by extension...

Imad

Assalamoelaikoem warahmatullahi wbarakatuh,

Let say it's a medical massage, the questions which follows: Are there no males to give the same Massage? Is the Massage really needed? Will this save his live?

Salamoelaikoem warahmatullahi wbarakatuh

al-fatiha

there's also males who give massages, just look for it. Or, if its not a specifik type of difficult massage....give it to him yourself :)

islam_best

Assalaamalaikum warahmatullahi wabarakathuu,

There Must be some male who can do the same thing.If that is really not neede please DO avoid it and try an alternative.May Allah grant us Jannatulfirdous in the hereafter.Ameen Ya Mujeeb. Ameen.

Wasslaamalaikum warahmatullahi wabarakathu.

kayleigh

There are plenty of male massage therapists. They may not be as many depending on your area but they certainly exist.

Al-Kashmiri

Staff member
Assalamoelaikoem warahmatullahi wbarakatuh,

Let say it's a medical massage, the questions which follows: Are there no males to give the same Massage? Is the Massage really needed? Will this save his live?

Salamoelaikoem warahmatullahi wbarakatuh

As-salaamu `alaykum

I agree completely. It's not as simple as, "it's for a medical purpose hence permissible". Rather, this approach is much better and safer in arriving at the truth. A massage from the opposite gender for a non-threatening condition sounds worrying to me. Jazaak Allaahu khayran.

Was-salaam

ahmed_indian

to Allah we belong
:wasalam:

i dont think its permissible. its not like a *necessity* to survive. a ghair mahram woman is not supposed to touch your husband.

ways:
1. get a male massager.
2. even you can try it out.

rightpath_357

Sis- I thin what you should do is try to get a male massager first, but if you can't, let it go like that:(- because sis- and forgive me if anyone thinks different, if your husband has pain, and this could help fix it, it could prevent it from more pain, worry, getting worse, etc.

Hope this helps:D

mas_adi

:salam2:

Few years ago I read on my newspaper, someone asked a question about massage to a scholar. And this was the answer.

"Men are allowed to massage men only, and women are allowed to massage women only, except in the case of emergency".

Sister, if your husband is not in emergency situation, try to find male massager.

arzafar

you can learn the massage technique then try it on your husband.
just dont kill our brother! hehehe

DanyalSAC

Ooh I SOO disagree with the "learn it and do it yourself" opinions. I'm sorry but if something goes wrong it could really make matters worse.

Your profile doesn't say where you're from but I'm assuming its in a Western country; if so, your husband has the right to ask for a male practicioner to perform the massage on him.