may leave Islam

Status
Not open for further replies.

doubts

I converted 5 years ago to Islam and now I am thinking of going back to the Catholic church. To be honest i am having problems with Islam. I dont want this thread to turn into a drama thread so please reply only if you can help me.
I have grown to see Islam as unfair and violent. I really have just been turned away from all the past and present events. I really feel at a cross roads now.
Any thoughts would be helpful.

alkathiri

As-Shafaa'i(Brother)
Can you please shed some light what is causing this( be more specific) ?

Plz , plz consider before making the intention to leave islam

doubts

Can you please shed some light what is causing this( be more specific) ?

Plz , plz consider before making the intention to leave islam

To be honest; I didnt know much about Islam before I converted; but I never saw Jesus as "GOD". But I liked Islam because it was ONE God. i was sat down by family and lectured and shown things. Things I newer knew.

I will be totally honest and tell you what is in my heart.

I hear from many sources that Muhammad was a violent man and told men to kill others and to rape women that he caught. And Muhammad OKed it. How can this be?

I have been shown many violent passages in the quran and many hadits that are just rediculess.

I was also told about how the quran is not whole and not from God. And that Aisha said a goat ate parts of the quran. A sura had 70 when it should have 200.

and how Muhammad was given the quran in darkness and Jesus and all other prophets was given his in light.

There is really just so much i am now confused about. I am struggling and really need help.

Rosheen

Sister in Islam
Hi there,

I used to be catholic.....I can't understand how you can go back to the idealogy of the holy trinity. my current worry for you is that you will be turning your back on the ayat God has given you and that you will be punished. I don't want that, please try to keep the faith.

to the more experienced and well versed peeps on this board could you please help out here??? I am too inexperienced in my knowledge of hadith and sunnah to give a good arguement. i have only replied on an emotional basis.

Globalpeace

Banned
Asslamo Allaikum Respected Sister in Islam,

First and foremost you will be part of my prayers for Allah (SWT) to grant you peace, serenity, comfort and contentment of the Heart.

You are a Creature and Allah (SWT), the Creator knows your needs and knows how to fulfil them, Insha’Allah.

I ask you to also turn to Allah (SWT) and pray that peace be granted to you.

Answers to your doubts are available on TTI and elsewhere and recollected as follows:

Did the Prophet (Sallaho Alaihe Wassallam) order the massacre of 700 Jews?
http://www.turntoislam.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3176
Reasons for Prophet (Sallaho Alaihe Wassallam)’s marriage to Ayesha (RA) at a young age!
http://www.turntoislam.com/forum/showthread.php?t=7389

I appreciate you coming here & giving us a chance to help you with your doubts.

I converted 5 years ago to Islam and now I am thinking of going back to the Catholic church. To be honest i am having problems with Islam. I dont want this thread to turn into a drama thread so please reply only if you can help me.
I have grown to see Islam as unfair and violent. I really have just been turned away from all the past and present events. I really feel at a cross roads now.
Any thoughts would be helpful.

To be honest; I didnt know much about Islam before I converted; but I never saw Jesus as "GOD". But I liked Islam because it was ONE God. i was sat down by family and lectured and shown things. Things I newer knew.

I will be totally honest and tell you what is in my heart.

I hear from many sources that Muhammad was a violent man and told men to kill others and to rape women that he caught. And Muhammad OKed it. How can this be?

I have been shown many violent passages in the quran and many hadits that are just rediculess.

I was also told about how the quran is not whole and not from God. And that Aisha said a goat ate parts of the quran. A sura had 70 when it should have 200.

and how Muhammad was given the quran in darkness and Jesus and all other prophets was given his in light.

There is really just so much i am now confused about. I am struggling and really need help.

Asalaamalikum brother,

I can see your problem from the gecko. Instead of relying on third parties and what others are saying, why don't you look further and read the Quran, about Aisha, the Prophet (saw), etc yourself!

I have a feeling non-Muslims are putting doubts in your mind and you have not done your own research. You don't ask a dentist about soccer, you don't ask a zoologist about cooking. You are probably asking non-Muslims about Islam - ask Muslims about Islam! - you don't want to mix apples with oranges. Having said all this, please use the search icon and look the information here on TTI.

I pray that Allah guides you on the right path. I hope you do not flee away from the blessings that Allah bestowed upon you.

Your brother in Islam

Muhammad_A

Penguin fancier
Who's been telling you these things?

Sounds like you're being worked on by some particularly zealous evangelists.

palestine

Servant of Allah
:salam2:
Another thing was his marriage to the little girl.

:salam2: All i can tell you is that Prophet Muhammad PBUH did not tell men to just kill and rape women. He fought with his enemy but in a fair just way. He even told Men to not kill women, Children, and the elderly. He PBUH told them to only fight those who were fighting them. Even when he captured enemies that were Men he would feed them a good amount of food and he would be merciful to them. Prophet Muhammad peace be upon Him used to meditate in the Cave of Hira. that is where he used to go to think over things and to maintain peace until the Angel Jibril came to him with the message of Allah. My dear brother you need to look back and see things, don't just listen to what people tell...sure they showed you verses and hadiths but there are hadiths befor and after the one you probably read, and the verses in the Koran there are also verses before them and after them explaining the killing that you've mentioned. In Islam you don't kill people unjustly and you definitely don't kill them with out reason. There is a reason behind every verse and every hadith, you just need to find out the purpose of those written words. You've chosen the true path....don't let shaytaan deprive you of that true path. you will be answerable to your lord on the day of judgement. Brother look at the Muslim Community, how much they show love for one another. Aisha (May Allah's blessings be upon her) She reached the age of puberty. and in Islam when one reaches the age of puberty they start making choices, she wasn't forced to marry the Prophet PBUH, he asked for her hand in marriage and she accepted from her free will. She loved him very much and accepted his proposal because she knew that he was a good man. She respected him and knew what kind of a man he was. Brother If you read the books about the companions of the prophet peace be on them.......you will find more and more interesting true facts which will make it clear to you many of the questions you have, there is a book called "Men & Women around the Messenger" by Dar al Manarah. I hope that you won't give up on this beautiful faith and i hope that you will come to understand everything about. a little advice.......Islam isn't easy, it takes time to really understand it but you mustn't give up because it leads you to your eternal home.......Paradise. the devil is the one whispering to you the bad things so becareful and seek refuge in Allah. If you really want to know the true path, and you have doubt then ask Allah to Clear those doubts for you, pray to Allah to cure you from these doubts that you are having. InshaAllah(God willing) you will come to see the truth with open eyes,mind, and heart. Don't Give Up,:tti_sister:

abdellah007

salam

salam alayki sister.

being a muslimah for 5 years was along way for u to know all the answers of those questions u put up. sister i think u just need some help and research to strenght ur iman.
remember our Iman decreases and increases.

may allah strenght our iman and bless us all

wassalam

Jihan

first of all you should definitely study islam for yourself as humblewun said already..... and remember all this false things they say about islam being a violent religion is far from the truth. Stay in the light. Secondly have you read the history of catholism?!

may Allah Bless you!

Mrmuslim

Smile you are @ TTI
Staff member
salaam alikom

can you please explain

I converted 5 years ago to Islam and now I am thinking of going back to the

where were you all these years, were you attending the mosque?
where you atteneding lectures, reading Quran or learned how to recite Quran?

May what I am asking what did you do for the 5 years you were Muslim

Wa salaam alikom

Proud2BeHumble

Seek Truth, Be Happy

I am not surprised if you ane thinking to do so taking into account the amount of false prapoganda done in the world about Islam. Every year thousands of news books and websites are published against Islam. So what else you can expect?

Anyway, I hope you are really looking for some answers and you may read following threds for your benefit.

Prophet's Love and Tolerance

Battles and Life of Prophet Mohammed

Polygamy and Life of Prophet Mohammed

Quotations on Islamic Civilization

Muslim Scientists and Islamic Civilization

Is the muslim woman just a puppet??

Avoiding Extremism In Religion

Setting the Record Straight: The Miracle of Islamic Science

Also, i had quick look at follwoing weblink that i found in web search and i think it contains some useful information that can shed some light on who is voilent and who is suffering.

http://www.ummah.com/waragainstislam/

Inspite of all praoganda good muslims are able to overcome all these difficulties due to high faith and peace in their heart.

Best Regards
Wasalam

doubts

buddy, YOU NEVER CONVERTED TO ISLAM.

You were a Muslim for 5 years, and to this date you have no knowledge of the faith??? Its funny, because usually converts are enthusiastic and spend a heck of a time researching and researching to make sure that this new faith is the right one or not. And this is what Allah SWT wants of us. He wants us to throw questions, but at the same time look for the answers.

You clearly made up a new screen name just to cool your blood down by expressing hatred. :astag:

In 5 years you only picked up negative [untrue] things about Islam? Was CNN your Qur'an???? or was it Youtube?

:wasalam:
Dont you dare pass judgment on me! You don't know me or what is in my heart! DON'T cause drama here!

Thank you everyone . I will read the links.

alkathiri

As-Shafaa'i(Brother)

Take your time to read. Stick with this site. God willing we try to help. Dont hesitate to ask some more questions . Anything , any doubts you have , feel free to ask.......

virtualeye

Tamed Brother
Dont you dare pass judgment on me! You don't know me or what is in my heart! DON'T cause drama here!

Actually many Muslims might think that you are faking.

It is not because of you, so dont take it personally. It is because there came many fake exmuslims at youtube and other sources. They claim that they were Muslims and now they are converting to Christianity because "Jesus saved them". But the most funny part of those videos is that, they dont even know how to correctly pronounce "Allah " or "Muslims". We just laugh at such hypocrites while nonMuslims think those people are really leaving islam.

So dont take it personal and understand that many Muslims did not have a good experience about fakers.

One more reason for assuming about your "never converted to Islam" thing. That is, if you were converted then it meant there was a significant transition in your life. Its not just about saying couple of words and say ok I am Muslim but Accepting Allah Almighty means that you will obey him, you accept him as your savior, your guardian.

So if that real transition did not come to your life ever, then it means you never seriously converted but just liked the Idea of One God and casually accepted Islam.

I hope you dont feel offended but understand the situation.

There are two options for a decision:

1- You stay ignorant to some extent and take your decision.
2- You get the required knowledge and then decide.

In option 2, at least you will know why you are staying or leaving Islam. So better learn about it.

Secondly, its not about Muslims. Its about Islam. You are responsible for your deeds and your relationship is with Allah SWT. If other Muslims are violent then they will go to hell, you dont have to take their responsibility, but you have to be a model for them how good a Muslim should be.

Bye.

jabba

Salafi Dawah is the best
SAlam Sister "doubts"

I'm so sad for you...it really hurts my heart to hear this. Maybe the Muslim community hasn't been there for you...I don't know. Islam is perfect Muslims aren't. Sister re read the quran, and surround yourself with the real Islam. You should know that Islam is a peaceful religion, a few bad apples don't define a religion. I'm sorry that you are considering leaving Islam, I pray that you make the right decission ( I think you know what that is) Allah (SWT) tests us in many ways and the devil is always there whispering in our ears. inshAllah you won't leave such a beautiful religion.

jabba

Salafi Dawah is the best
Actually many Muslims might think that you are faking.

It is not because of you, so dont take it personally. It is because there came many fake exmuslims at youtube and other sources. They claim that they were Muslims and now they are converting to Christianity because "Jesus saved them". But the most funny part of those videos is that, they dont even know how to correctly pronounce "Allah " or "Muslims". We just laugh at such hypocrites while nonMuslims think those people are really leaving islam.

So dont take it personal and understand that many Muslims did not have a good experience about fakers.

One more reason for assuming about your "never converted to Islam" thing. That is, if you were converted then it meant there was a significant transition in your life. Its not just about saying couple of words and say ok I am Muslim but Accepting Allah Almighty means that you will obey him, you accept him as your savior, your guardian.

So if that real transition did not come to your life ever, then it means you never seriously converted but just liked the Idea of One God and casually accepted Islam.

Brother the truth is you don't know why she converted, if she converted ect.
It's wrong to make assumptions without any evidence. We don't know. All we know is that this sister is now going through something that is causing her doubts. We don't want to push her away, we want to bring her back to Islam, it would be nice to at least say salam

Status
Not open for further replies.