Me a Muslim?

Jashobean

Greeting everyone,

I DO want to become a Muslim because it fits my beliefs perfectly.
But, I have the voice of doubt in my head that says what if I am wrong. Don’t get me wrong I DO believe the Christians have got it wrong. Its seems there is too much liberty taken in their belief and not enough facts.
My biggest problem is Christmas; I love that holiday so much, the movies, the baking and spending time with family. But do I think Jesus, the son of God and God himself was born ? No.

I have talked this out with many Christians and they always tell me the same thing, blah,blah,blah. To me it is simple illogical and made up by too many people. Many forums say that the rejected people move to Islam . I think that is a awful thing to say.

I have told them about my Islamic interest and they scoff at me and tell me “Islam” is the religion that is made up and call me a closet Muslim. At first I felt bad and rejected but then I realized they were just pushing people away who are different . I had the same experience with 2 priests. I went to a church to talk this out with a priest and he told me I cannot be Christian because I don’t believe the biggest part “Jesus is God”. He told me to read “John” and sent me on my way.
My second experience was when I went to see a priest when I moved and he told me my marriage was invalid and I was not a catholic. He told me that Muslims were from the devil. It further confused me. He then refused to “reconciliation”, but then I thought; who can refuse God to me? How could he do that? I don’t think anyone has the right to refuse God from another person.

I guess I am just talking this out to myself for the last time.
I guess I want to be a Muslim.

sister herb

Official TTI Chef
Peace with you;

I think it would to be the best for you to take Islam as a little steps - not even try to accept the whole matter too fast. Take your time and your thinking slowly. As an example, for me accepting Islam took almost 7 years before I was ready to say "shahadah" and as like you told, leaving thing called "Christmas" behind of me took almost 10 years after shahadah.

You are the most welcome to this forum as discussing with others about kind of thinks - many others too in here are reverts and most of us have though similar kind of matters before.

your sister Harb

:salam2:

be patient,

Ask Allah/(God) to guide you and all of us humans.

As for dealing with christmas, keep in mind things take time. Do your best to do good deeds. The understanding of God and His messengers pbut is important to learn. Perhaps educating yourself in a steady consistent manner will be better for you. Most people who say negative remarks about Islam, speak on that which they do not know.

Lastly, the greater the difficulty a person goes through in being a muslim the greater they will be rewarded from Allah/GOD.

and may peace be upon you.

:wasalam:

slaveofAllah88

Slave of Allah (swt)
aslam o alikum
sister if you believe in Islam and you know its the right path, take the shahada.
Like other people sugguested taqwa, Your faith grows over time, if you really enjoy christmas and meeting up with family. Then you have to have a choice, Islam doesn't stop you from meeting family, if your intention is to be with you family then For sure spend time with them, but prevent yourself from participating in the rituals.

sister my sugguestion would be take it slow, I know you love the holidays but im pretty sure reading more about Islam will help you comprimise things and still be really happy.
ask God to guide you Inshallah take care

a_muslimah86

Hubbi Li Rabbi
Staff member
:salam2:

Follow your heart..if it has submitted..if it has become a Muslim to Allah (swt)..then follow it..do not allow bounds of doubt wrap around you...when you become a Muslim you are a Muslim to and for Allah..no one has to know that you are Muslim..you do not have to show that you are Muslim..you only do that which Allah ordains upon you and live your life..you do not have to go out into the world and *preach*..neither do you need to become a *scholar* on day two of making shahada..nor do you have to abandon the kind people around you because you realize a truth which they do not..you only submit your heart..your mind..and your spirit to Allah..and fill yourself with love of Him (swt)..that's ALL there is to it

Once you do that..trust me..even the things you may thing you love too much to let go of will be wiped out..perhaps slowly..but surely completely...

Do not leave room for doubt or hesitation..it is but a conviction..a testimony..and living a life steady with Allah's Light and Guidance :)

AbdAllah84

:salam2: (Peace be on you)

First of all welcome to the site. Hope you enjoy your stay here.

But, I have the voice of doubt in my head that says what if I am wrong.

Here is the fundamental difference when compared with other religions, Quran does not demand belief, the Quran invites belief. It is not simply delivered as: here is what you are to believe, but throughout the Quran the statements are always: Have you O man thought of such and such, have you considered so and so. It is always an invitation for you to look at the evidence; now what you believe.

My biggest problem is Christmas; I love that holiday so much, the movies, the baking and spending time with family.

Well we have got two Holidays, Eid ul-Fitr and Eid al-Adha in a year. It's not a bad bargain after all. lol.

He told me that Muslims were from the devil.

Here is the thing I was refering to. The issue of attributing the Quran to the devil has been refuted in the Quran itself. It points out that it does not quite suit him, does it? Is this how the devil misleads people? He tells them, worship none but God, he insists that they fast, that they practice charity. Is this how the devil misleads people?

The devils did not bring it down.It would neither suit them nor would they be able (to produce it).(Quran 26:210-211)

And when thou recitest the Qur'an, seek refuge in Allah from Satan (devil) the outcast.
).(Quran 16:98)

May Allah guide us closer to the truth.

The_truth

Greeting everyone,

I DO want to become a Muslim because it fits my beliefs perfectly.
But, I have the voice of doubt in my head that says what if I am wrong. Don’t get me wrong I DO believe the Christians have got it wrong. Its seems there is too much liberty taken in their belief and not enough facts.
My biggest problem is Christmas; I love that holiday so much, the movies, the baking and spending time with family. But do I think Jesus, the son of God and God himself was born ? No.

I have talked this out with many Christians and they always tell me the same thing, blah,blah,blah. To me it is simple illogical and made up by too many people. Many forums say that the rejected people move to Islam . I think that is a awful thing to say.

I have told them about my Islamic interest and they scoff at me and tell me “Islam” is the religion that is made up and call me a closet Muslim. At first I felt bad and rejected but then I realized they were just pushing people away who are different . I had the same experience with 2 priests. I went to a church to talk this out with a priest and he told me I cannot be Christian because I don’t believe the biggest part “Jesus is God”. He told me to read “John” and sent me on my way.
My second experience was when I went to see a priest when I moved and he told me my marriage was invalid and I was not a catholic. He told me that Muslims were from the devil. It further confused me. He then refused to “reconciliation”, but then I thought; who can refuse God to me? How could he do that? I don’t think anyone has the right to refuse God from another person.

I guess I am just talking this out to myself for the last time.

Hello my friend hope you are well! Allah has guided you out of all people because he sees something in you that he likes! He says in the Qur'an that if he wanted to he could have guided the whole of mankind but that would go against the nature of the test of this life!

Allah only guides those who he wants because he sees something in their hearts that he likes and he looks in the deepest regions of their hearts! Those who reject the truth do so out of their own pride, arrogance and ignorance in their hearts for they do not want to admit that they are created and that they will be reckoned and judged for all they did on this earth so they reject out of pride, arrogance and ignorance and these diseases of their hearts prevent guidance reaching them.

Allah has guided you to the truth my friend and it is the shaythan(Satan) who is trying to confuse you because he does not wish salvation for you for his wish his doom for us all but their is no doubt in your mind that Islam is the truth because you like me when i read and learnt about Islam it all made complete sense to me and there was no doubt in my mind after that Islam is the truth!

My friend do not hesitate to say the shahada because life is uncertain and we can go at anytime! Life can NEVER be pushed forward for anyone for it will come on its designated time and ON TIME!

So say with FULL faith from your heart:

Ashadu Allaah ilaaha illallahu Wa ash adhu annaa Muhammadan abduhu wa rasuluu

(There is NO worthy of worship except Allah and Muhammed is the slave and messanger or Allah)

If you want to know anything about Islam ir need any help with anything then i will be more than happy to help you and answer any questions that you may have and help you in anyway i can! Thank you

Hard Rock Moslem

I'm your brother
Greeting everyone,.
Greetings to you sister and welcome to TTI. Brothers and sisters here given you some consolations for your doubts and questions. Brother Ayman has given you good advise particularly in relation to christmas. May I add the followings:

I went to a church to talk this out with a priest and he told me I cannot be Christian because I don’t believe the biggest part “Jesus is God”. He told me to read “John” and sent me on my way. .

Recently I had dialog with a christian lady (now ex-christian), I asked her do you christian believe "Jesus is God"? She said no to my surprise. She is a chatholic by the way. Christians themselves are confused about the status of Jesus (peace be upon him). Some say yes "Jesus is God" and some say no he is not.

When the priest wants you to believe "Jesus is God", he is contradicting his bible (this is indirect admission that bible is corrupted):

In Gospels, Jesus (peace be upon him) said "he is the son of man" about 84 times. And Jesus (peace be upon him) mentioned "your God, my God, your Father, my Father" - John 20:17. Why he is saying "my God" if he himself is God.

Jesus (peace be upon him) refused to be called son of God - refer Luke 4:41, 9:20.

What are the attributes of God? One example God has no beginning and no ending. But Jesus (peace be upon him) was born and "died on the cross of Pontious Pilate" according to christians right? We pray and worship God but God does not pray and worship anything but Jesus did prayed "And he (Jesus) went a little farther, and fell on his face (sujood) and prayed (Matthew; 26:39).

I guess this priest may not had read and fully understand what he was reading in the bible.

Alhamdulillah, may Allah shower you with hidayah. I make dua for you for Allah to make things easy for you. We hope you will let us know the good news (your reversion to Islam) soon.

CafeEspresso

I too am a muslim who loves xmas time! I have never found a contradiction between being a muslim and loving the prophet Jesus pbuh. But remember also that xmas is really a pagan festival so be careful about some of the rituals.

Zaynab123

Subhana Allah!
Hey:)

:SMILY206: to TTI and ISLAM. I think you are absolutly right, you don't have let people control your mind. And if you want to become a muslim and learn more, you can read the replies of our great brothers and sisters here have posted for you. Every topic has been touched so i guess i should just agree with people. Good kuck with your new journey and stay in touch with us all here and have fun.:)

IshtiaqM

Assalamualykum,

regarding this topic i m looking that u r a muslim and more stronger then us , i pry :tti_sister: for Allah(SWT) to become u a perfect Muslim, (Ameen)

Aapa

Mirajmom
Salaam,

Nothing beats Christmas. The glitter, the cookies, the eggnog, the parties, the gifts wrapped around the tree, the Christmas Carols. Christmas has it all.

But, you are seeking the gift of life..not the wrapping of the present.Islam is the present.

After embracing Islam honestly Christmas seems like tinsel. The pearls of Islam are subtle but everlasting.

I pray you are guided by your heart to come to the home of Love and Peace.

Miss Aaliyah

Salam,
My family are Christians and I always have my doubts even though I converted some months ago. I think have I done right or wrong? And these thoughts never disappear until I can live like the Muslim I want to be.
Still I will not stop celebrate my family's traditions with Christmas and stuff because it's so necessary to please your parents and family and be a good son / daughter to them. Just you know what you believe in and not and you can skip the Christians prayers and songs to Jesus. Today's Christmas is almost only traditions within the country than Christian traditions anyway. The baking, the presents, the Santa Clause, the Christmas music, the food, the decorations with Christmas tree and lights are traditions within the country. To be fine just skip the stable, Jesus and ehh...that's all.

tash_y

You say I have the voice of doubt in my head that says what if I am wrong-If that is the case then read the following verses from the Quran

This day have I perfected your religion for you, completed my favour upon you, and have chosen for you Islam as your religion} [Al-Maida 5:3]

Do you think that We had created you in play (without any purpose) and that you would not be brought back to US? ( Qura’an 23:115)

Do they not consider the Qur'an (with care)? Had it been from other Than Allah, they would surely have found therein Much discrepancy.
4:82

This Qur'an is not such as can be produced by other than Allah; on the contrary it is a confirmation of (revelations) that went before it, and a fuller explanation of the Book - wherein there is no doubt - from the Lord of the worlds.10:37

Or they say: He hath invented it. Say: Then bring ten surahs, the like thereof, invented, and call on everyone ye can beside Allah, if ye are truthful! 11:13

you can see the verses all ask the reader to think if the quran was not from Allah then you would find mistakes in it, over 1400 years yet anyone is unable to prove a single verse incorrect. I leave you to think about it

Jazallah Kairen

Yousef83

dear friend,i was feeling almost same with you 3 years ago before choose Islam.christianity and their rules all out of the real logic.Its reality.Thats why all other religion members started to choose Islam.You are in good way please dont give up to think.When i choose Islam i had many doubts at first days but i searched myself,read everything and started to live with my whole body.
3 years passed elhamdulillah and i feel myself as a Person,human.I feel very happy to be Muslim.I prefer to die instead of back 3 years ago.
read more,check and when you choose Islam if you think you did mistake I call Allah(c.c)'s big name i will give you $50,000