Moderators, please stop closing threads all willynilly!

Um Ibrahim

Alhamdulilah :)
:salam2:

I'm just wondering why you guys(moderators) are so quick to close threads when some people disagree about something in the religion, politics, etc..? You know all people don't think alike, have the same experiences, knowledge, education...so why when people disagree, close the thread?! it's becoming a little frustrating because people can learn from each other, but just closing threads and silencing people will not solve anything. people of TTI, am I mistaken or do the mods close threads most of the time when there is disagreement?

Yes, I understand there are some threads that are useless and people just argue, and those for sure need to be closed but not every thread needs to closed where there are disagreements. Give out a warning at least before just closing it. OKAY, that's it, my little rant is over. :girl3:

Salaam and forgive me. I just had to say something about this. Love you all:muslim_child:

Seeking Allah's Mercy

Qul HuwaAllahu Ahud!
:salam2:wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuhu....

sister tell you what,they may close this one too since it's against the rulzzzz:p!!

but yeah i kno what you mean.your last thread was closed so i had to nag a brother on his profile to get answers:)but since it was ramadhan i didn't get much out of him:D!!

and you are right about us hving different opnions and preferances.i think we ought to respect each others choices and differences.because last time it became pretty nasty as a member took offence and starting mocking the scholars generally liked at TTI so i think it's wrong to be rude to someone so he/she insults someone who is to be respected.as it says in the Quran not to insult others as they may use lousy language against that which you love and respect

saif

By now you must have understood, that you are not allowed to refute a certain sect.

:wasalam:

islam_mydeen

Assalam Alaikum,

they probably closed because it would be going against this rule:
- Interfaith Debates not allowed. These forums are not made for people to try and debate Muslims over any issues. Rather, this site is for Islamic information.

and i THINK they don't wanna be kicked off the team for not fulfilling their responsibility..

a lot of forums have this rule. and a few don't.. so find one that doesn't and have fun debating :D

and sorry but i really need to point this rule out :p
- MODERATORS WORD FINAL IN ALL CASES - Dont make topics discussing our Decisions!! Simply PM us and talk to us in Private. (otherwise you will look very silly complaining)
hehe

revert2007

Love Fishing
Assalamualikum
First of all you should stop creating this kind of thread. :)

You have a total of 23 threads and only 2 of them have been closed due to the same issue.

The moderators here are not some *guys* as you have called them. They are students of knowledge who have more knowledge than most of us and they know what is true and what is deviated in sha Allah.

They are sacrificing their time for the sake of Allah, so please be grateful.
There is no need a thread to make them aib in such a manner. We have the PM system as well as VM. Use wisely and contact them and ask clarification.

As far as am concern, both mods did reply at the end of your threads so you should have known the reason why it was closed.

I went through you threads and your question has been answered and there is no need for further discussion.

Some threads will be closed if the poster already got the answer. Some other threads will be closed or deleted if they violates the rules of the forum.

- MODERATORS WORD FINAL IN ALL CASES - Dont make topics discussing our Decisions!! Simply PM us and talk to us in Private. (otherwise you will look very silly complaining) source

Allah knows the best
Assalamualikum

Um Ibrahim

Assalamualikum
First of all you should stop creating this kind of thread. :)

You have a total of 23 threads and only 2 of them have been closed due to the same issue.

The moderators here are not some *guys* as you have called them. They are students of knowledge who have more knowledge than most of us and they know what is true and what is deviated in sha Allah.

They are sacrificing their time for the sake of Allah, so please be grateful.
There is no need a thread to make them aib in such a manner. We have the PM system as well as VM. Use wisely and contact them and ask clarification.

As far as am concern, both mods did reply at the end of your threads so you should have known the reason why it was closed.

I went through you threads and your question has been answered and there is no need for further discussion.

Some threads will be closed if the poster already got the answer. Some other threads will be closed or deleted if they violates the rules of the forum.

- MODERATORS WORD FINAL IN ALL CASES - Dont make topics discussing our Decisions!! Simply PM us and talk to us in Private. (otherwise you will look very silly complaining) source

Allah knows the best
Assalamualikum

Sister, I was not even talking about my threads, I was talking about other threads that have been recently closed as well. I am very thankful to all involved in creating this website and maintaining it, but I only created this thread to see if others were feeling the way I'm feeling(a little frustrated, just a little bit). I know the moderators are knowledgeable, certainly more knowledgeable than me, but I was not even talking about their knowledge, I'm just voicing my opinion. And about the word "guys" that I used, I was just addressing the moderaters and since there's several different mods, I was just generalizing. I didn't and don't mean any disrespect.

Again just saying my opinion, and you also could've "pm" me but choose to tell me your opinion right here..so if you're going to advice me, first you start by taking your own advice.

salaam

Um Ibrahim

:salam2:wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuhu....

sister tell you what,they may close this one too since it's against the rulzzzz:p!!

but yeah i kno what you mean.your last thread was closed so i had to nag a brother on his profile to get answers:)but since it was ramadhan i didn't get much out of him:D!!

and you are right about us hving different opnions and preferances.i think we ought to respect each others choices and differences.because last time it became pretty nasty as a member took offence and starting mocking the scholars generally liked at TTI so i think it's wrong to be rude to someone so he/she insults someone who is to be respected.as it says in the Quran not to insult others as they may use lousy language against that ywhich you love and respect

I know! InshaAllah it's okay, I will stay away from topics like this one from now on.

um muhammad al-mahdi

لا اله الا الله محمد رسول الله
Staff member

what sister revert2007 is absolutely right. No need to add further explanation. The aim of this website it "to learn" from authentic sources, from Qur'an & Sunnah, trying to advice each other in using our time in the best way insha'Allah rather than arguing and arguing for ever. To look after a website or forum is a BIG responsability in front of Allah!

Regarding the PMs, yes, any issue or complain should be done using that method (PMs), it would avoid to create fitnah.

:jazaak:

Al-Kashmiri

Staff member

Firstly, thank you for bringing this up. We welcome advice, criticism and suggestions etc. However, by now I'm sure you're aware of the manner in which this should be done - via PM or VM with a moderator. In fact, many of the threads we close are because people don't follow such a simple and oft-repeated instruction that is written in our rules.

Moving on, I did say that we welcome such comments as there are times where a decision of ours may not be the best course of action. At the end of the day, we're all human like you and are prone to mistakes. So I appreciate that you've pointed this out. Yet, in all honesty, there is no form of constructive criticism in your post, which IMO doesn't make any sense?

When you have a point to make, your point is of little value unless you support it with research, examples, cases and proofs, which you haven't provided. This is a basic etiquette when challenging any opinion/decision be it political, religious, academic or even general. In addition, it helps us identify and actually make a positive change where necessary.

So I request that instead publicising your objections without any supporting evidence in the public forums, that you please do your research and highlight cases where you think we have been unreasonable and state why, by sending me a PM/VM. And this goes out to anyone who feels that something is unfair, please go ahead and do the same.

Making a thread about the issue while asking if other members feel your frustration isn't going to improve the situation or change our outlook on an issue, because we have no scenarios to look back at. In fact, the only scenarios/evidence mentioned herein are by revert2007 and they seem to point to cases where we legitimately closed threads.

Anyway, I seriously look forward to hearing from members when they feel there is a problem. Hardly anyone ever talks to us. Those who do, may Allaah reward them with good. Yet much of the time we either receive a rude PM or someone publicises and [sometimes] snowballs an issue into a big calamity.

Asja

Pearl of Islaam
Anyway, I seriously look forward to hearing from members when they feel there is a problem. Hardly anyone ever talks to us. Those who do, may Allaah reward them with good. Yet much of the time we either receive a rude PM or someone publicises and [sometimes] snowballs an issue into a big calamity.

Assalamu Allaicum wa rahmatullah wa barakatuhu

Dear sister Ni'Mah may Allah reword you for your good intentions and for bringing this question closer to all of us, as many of us have been in your situation, but Allhamdullilah with our patience and with remembering ourselves on the principal reason which has brought us here, and which is to seek knowledge, spread message of Islam, we menage to overcome all problems we may face on that way.

Our brothers and sisters who carry out the role of "moderators", are also giving a loot of efforts to keep this place in the best order for the sake of Allah, and this is why we should try to support eachothers more and to work more together, as this is the only way we can avoid all those misunderstandings which may happen, and to avoid situations where feelings of other side can be hurted and where he or she is misunderstood for his or hers intentions.

Regarding what brother "Al-Kashmiri has said above, I need to say that maybe it is not good to bring these private issues in public discussion, what of course does not justify someone who does not act on the kind and nice way, but the reason is that the other side may also come and say the same what brother Al-Kashmiri has said, and then that would raise many questions and many discussiones. This is why it is better to keep private issues in private section and not bring mistakes of others (although they may be said in general) in public . We must always keep in mind Islamic gudience when treating our brothers and sisters.

May Allah guide us all.Ameen

Wa Allaicumu Sallam wa rahamtullah wa barakatuhu

Seeking Allah's Mercy

Qul HuwaAllahu Ahud!
Sister, I was not even talking about my threads, I was talking about other threads that have been recently closed as well. I am very thankful to all involved in creating this website and maintaining it, but I only created this thread to see if others were feeling the way I'm feeling(a little frustrated, just a little bit). I know the moderators are knowledgeable, certainly more knowledgeable than me, but I was not even talking about their knowledge, I'm just voicing my opinion. And about the word "guys" that I used, I was just addressing the moderaters and since there's several different mods, I was just generalizing. I didn't and don't mean any disrespect.

Again just saying my opinion
, and you also could've "pm" me but choose to tell me your opinion right here..so if you're going to advice me, first you start by taking your own advice.

salaam

common sister sister revert ain't at fault alone.even i thought you were thinking about your previous threads.the line in red is somewhat against TTI rules too(i came to kno this myself only recently:D),i guess speaking about whats only in your head causes a lot of follish arguments like the one on the other thread.

sister honestly,had you mentioned it to any mod through PMz as to which thread you wanted to kno about you would have had you answer.i always get mine:)and good once too.not the simple reasoning that comes to our mind.they usually have very good reasons.

HOWEVER i still think your post has a point and that is about respecting our differences.coz being mirror images is just impossible:)it's not neessary that we should agree on everything so i guess we should show a lil more flexibility there.

Al-Kashmiri

Staff member
As-salaamu `alaykum

Two things I wanna clear up.

The First: We are not students of knowledge nor do we claim to be. We are laymen merely trying to learn our deen.

Second:

Ni'mah said:
and you also could've "pm" me but choose to tell me your opinion right here..so if you're going to advice me, first you start by taking your own advice.

Not quite. When someone publicises something (which you've already done), its not conditional that you receive advise in private now, because the matter has already been made public. So whatever advise is given serves as a clarification for others as well as yourself.