MOSQUES OF BANGLADESH

Lookingforlight

Slave of Allah
First, a brief description on the status of Islam in Bangladesh

Islam is the largest religion of Bangladesh, the Muslim population is over 130 million (the third-largest Muslim population in the world after Indonesia and Pakistan), and constitute nearly 88% of the total population, based on the 2001 Census.

Religion has always been a strong part of identity, but this has varied at different times. A survey in late 2003 confirmed that religion is the first choice by a citizen for self-identification.

Islam is the official religion of The People's Republic, as stated in the Constitution of Article 2A. Islam arrived to the region of Bengal since the 13th century, mainly by the arrivals of Arab traders. One matter we Bangladeshis take great pride in is we are 3rd largest Muslim community in the world and perhaps the only one in the world surrounded on all sides by non-Muslim countries, yet Allah has guided us as our people had accepted Islam without any war. Bangladesh is a living proof that Islam was spread through knowledge not sword- a land of over 130 million Muslims!

Lookingforlight

Slave of Allah
Historic Naya Dighi mosque

chotosonamasjid.jpg

nayadighiosque.jpg

chotoshonamosque10.jpg

Lookingforlight

Slave of Allah
Chhoto Shona Mosque: Jewel of Chapai Nababganj.

Grand feast for eyes. A masterpiece of architecture. 13th century mosque has simplistic design and weight of history. Time has written its scribble in black on on its sand stone bricks. A jewel in North west of Bangladesh.

unknownmosque10.jpg

chotosonamosque2.jpg

chotosonamosque.jpg

Lookingforlight

Slave of Allah
Baitul Mukarram is the main mosque of Dhaka, the capital and largest city of Bangladesh. The city's population exceeds 10 million people.

Bait-ul-Mukarram,%20Dhaka,%20Bangladesh.jpg

159735860eaWfvL_ph.jpg

2009-08-08__front02.jpg

pd1914190.jpg

Lookingforlight

Slave of Allah
Sitara Masjid in Old Dhaka
Tara_masjid_big.jpg

Star_mosque.jpg

A small mosque in Mohammedpur area of Dhaka. The mosque is known as Satmasjid. "Sat" in Bengali means seven, the masjid called Satmasjid because of its seven domes.
18.jpg

2177.jpg

Tajmahal Masjid in Old Dhaka
5862.jpg

InshaAllah more to come tomorrow!

zbhotto

Banned
A reply

First, a brief description on the status of Islam in Bangladesh

Islam is the largest religion of Bangladesh, the Muslim population is over 130 million (the third-largest Muslim population in the world after Indonesia and Pakistan), and constitute nearly 88% of the total population, based on the 2001 Census.

Religion has always been a strong part of identity, but this has varied at different times. A survey in late 2003 confirmed that religion is the first choice by a citizen for self-identification.

Islam is the official religion of The People's Republic, as stated in the Constitution of Article 2A. Islam arrived to the region of Bengal since the 13th century, mainly by the arrivals of Arab traders. One matter we Bangladeshis take great pride in is we are 3rd largest Muslim community in the world and perhaps the only one in the world surrounded on all sides by non-Muslim countries, yet Allah has guided us as our people had accepted Islam without any war. Bangladesh is a living proof that Islam was spread through knowledge not sword- a land of over 130 million Muslims!

Many of the arabs who came to Bangladesh to spread ISLAM were killed by the HINDU monarch in that time. But I am in deep deep anxiety about the future of ISLAM in our country. People of Bangladesh are excessively influenced by western culture. As a result adultery, promiscuity, extramarital relation are widespread. It has reached the level of epidemic and in the point of no return. If you want to warn people about their evil action they become rebellious against ISLAM. This is how much the hearts of the people of Bangladesh are corrupted by SINS. It has formed a shield and no warning works.

Now, Islamic people of Bangladesh are doing nothing to spread ISLAM in our land. When the arab came to Bangladesh they invite people to ISLAM and after they died, invitation to ISLAM is permanently stopped.

The saddest part is different NGO's are working their best to invite ignorant muslim to their falsehood and no one is devising any strategy plan about how to encounter those NGO's. I do not want to mention the name of the NGO's.

We have to do something, right now.

bari

Bangladesh

:salam2:
Brothers,
You are so right. Ignorance has spread so much that I sometimes wonder that this society has no future. I am from Bangladesh but live in America for last 19 years. I see, the culture has been corrupted by potician who prromoting grave worship rampantly and the Religious Scholers do no say anyting. You do not find youngs in the Masjid. The TV is promoting shamelss programs to promote lewedness, the Muftis's are silent. Masjids are being run by people with agenda's not taqwa. Let us pray for them so that Allah somwhow save these people and imprat benefical knowledge.

Mafruhul Bari

islamdonlyway

jazakallah for the pics, im bangali my self.very nice masjids in our country.

im not sure what ZBHOTTO is on about saying bangladesh is currupted etc makes no sence, its a good islamic country alot of the people practice islam there.zbhotto saying bangalis down there arnt trying to spread islam, i want to ask how do you know ? have you met everyone there to know whose doing what ? i no brothers there who go to villages populated with hindus, and they give dawah there.zbhotto you have no rights to say people in bangladesh are with full of sins whilst your doing a sin yourself by judging people without knowing.allah knows the best.

zbhotto

Banned
A reply

jazakallah for the pics, im bangali my self.very nice masjids in our country.

im not sure what ZBHOTTO is on about saying bangladesh is currupted etc makes no sence, its a good islamic country alot of the people practice islam there.zbhotto saying bangalis down there arnt trying to spread islam, i want to ask how do you know ? have you met everyone there to know whose doing what ? i no brothers there who go to villages populated with hindus, and they give dawah there.zbhotto you have no rights to say people in bangladesh are with full of sins whilst your doing a sin yourself by judging people without knowing.allah knows the best.

You say many people practice ISLAM in Bangladesh. I agree with you. But do you know how many do not practice ISLAM. They are much much more. Even though many people practice ISLAM but most of them do not practice sharia. ISLAMIC Bank has highest profit in Bangladesh but I never see any of their humanitarian works. ISLAMIC Foundation of Bangladesh even do not have any public program to educate people about ISLAM. The bengali translation of KORAN and HADITH has manny flaws. I know Bengali language is very poor, word for word translation is impossible and bringing the poetry of koran in bengali is unimaginable. There is no project to translate Koran in the best possible way. English translations of Koran are not available in 98% areas of Bangladesh.

In Nigeria the medium of instruction in madrasa is Arabic. In Bangladesh it is bengali and we do not have any Arabic language institute which is also very shocking. Arabic language is part of Tafsir, and has to be studied in order to save the Koran.

I am from Bangladesh. I know sister/brother. I am no judging. You have no idea about some recent events in Bangladesh. I don't want to say you those as it would hurt you. Adultery has become widespread in Bangladesh, from big cities to small villages. Sex before marriage is common among the youth group.

People are not inviting others to the light of Allah (SWT) in Bangladesh. It is absolutely true. There are tabligh but because of their foolish way their sucess remains very disappointing.

People are marrying Mahram in Bangladesh and Islamic society cannot do anything because of so called human right and NGO groups. Yes it is absolutely true.

Lookingforlight

Slave of Allah
The worst part of our country is the secularists. But there are many many Islamic minded people who want more Islamization of the country.

Lookingforlight

Slave of Allah
Zia International Airport Masjid, Dhaka
Zia+International+Airport-Mosque-At+Night-Dhaka.jpg

Gulshan Azad Masjid, Dhaka
gulshanmosque10-1.jpg

Another shot of Baitul Aman in Barisal
BaitulAmanJameMosqueBarisal8.jpg

Students at a Madrassa
x250.jpg

zbhotto

Banned
The worst part of our country is the secularists. But there are many many Islamic minded people who want more Islamization of the country.

They were secularist long time ago, probably in 1970. Their way of thinking is conditioned by Zionist thought. These Zionist sponsored hypocrites carries Muslim names. By using the media these Zionist are in constant pursuit in conditioning people to revolt against faith Bangladesh. Now they are in a cold war with ALLAH (SWT) and His messenger Muhammad (PBUH).

naz haider

:salam2:
The pictures and your post has changed my perception about Bangladesh. I thought Bangladesh was a country ruined by poverty, joblessness and dwindling economy.
All the househelp maids we have, mostly in Mumbai are Bangladeshis. Infiltration of Bangladeshis in India is a big issue here... I could never imagine that Bangladesh could have anything so royal and elegant like the pics of Masjids you have posted. The Masjids can easily qualify for forts. And they are all so well maintained... Masha Allah.
May Allah bless you for sharing this bro.... :salam2:

Aapa

Mirajmom
Assalaam walaikum,

I am giving away my age. I recall the time very vividly when the split ocured with Pakistan. However, as my father was a diplomat, we were all Pakistani's in strange lands as a child, prior to the division. Bangladahians hold a very special place in my heart. I would embarrass my family whenever we were invited into the homes of our Bangli families. The fish meals were so delicious I would lick the pans clean and nothing tastes better than a Bangli fish curry.

The flowers of Islam include the lands of the people who worship Allah subhana talla.

Thank you for letting me see a glimse of a land that is so dear to me.