Most annoying questions to ask new muslim

Aliyah206

assalmu ALiykum
i've asked some quetions similare to that before..and i feel very ashamed now that u mentioned it..aoppologize to all of the offended pplss it won't happen again fo sure..

apocalypse77

I like the comment that I got over and over this Ramadan especially, since I am teaching High school this year.

The students would ask, "Miss, are you fasting?" I would say YES, and they would ask, "Are you Muslim?" and I would say YES, and the next words out of their mouth, "BUT YOU ARE BLOND?!" to which I would respond, "is Islam a religion NOT for blond people?" and of course they would start saying that of course, Islam if for everyone, they just didn't know any blond, American Muslims before.

a foreign friend who told me he was really scared hes nephews would not be able to growup Muslim because they didn't "look" Muslim (aka they were white blonde blue eyed and not brown)

ironically, born muslims would be the happiest if a white person became Muslim (For some reason pple see a white convert to Islam as a "victory over Western culture) *rollseye*

apocalypse77

Many of these questions are sheer curiosity, but I understand and sympathize with you. I've been guilty myself of being very curious about what made a revert decide to revert, but I'm glad I never asked a revert that question myself.

Let me try to add three more annoying questions/comments, so this can be like David Letterman's Top Ten funny sketch:

* You sure don't look like a Muslim.
* You never heard of Sheikh Bin Baaz?
* No, no, no! That's not the way to do it!

zzZZzZzZ

How abt those muslims from Indonesia, Malaysia and Turkey? Most of the Muslims there dotn even look like "Muslims" with their beards and turbans and stuffs and many still wear their shirts, jeans etc

pple seem to forget that Islam is oneof the world's major religions and there are bound to be orthodox, seculars etc

=_=!!

dianne

Salam,

yea muslim in Malaysia is totally malay,so when we say our race is malay,so they know we are muslim,theres no malay race are non muslim.i am proud being a malay,ppl will know we are muslim.

um muhammad al-mahdi

لا اله الا الله محمد رسول الله
Staff member
....understand!

:salam2:

The most annoying one for me is:

"Ahhh, so you are converted....but your husband is muslim??".....boring! And then you have to try to find the "short way" to explain your story! But hamdulillah,it's part of our dawah!

ShyHijabi

1. Did you convert for a guy? Uh no....I was in the midst of a divorce so I don't think so.

2. Convert your family. No one can be compelled in religion. If Allah SWT wants my family to convert they will, my job is just try and be the best Muslims I can be.

3. Did you start wearing hijab for a guy? There was no guy, why would I wear a hijab for a man?

There are many more but this are the top 3 I am asked.

~Sarah

Ummzaina

:shymuslima1: I admit even though I was born muslim, I love hearing/reading revert stories and IF I ever got a chance to talk to one I am sure I will ask a lot of questions (not nosy secretive stuff), but I have found out that such people make me more firmer in belief knowing that so many across the globe sees the light as I have seen it.
My tears well up sometimes:shymuslima1: reading such stories, IF I ever did meet any of you knew muslims,I may even start bawling :SMILY23: my eyes out....LOL
And then bring out my list of 100 Q's!!!

:wasalam:

justoneofmillion

assalam,honestly i have never asked why a person has embraced islam, it is obvious it is all there in the quran, the truth hits you straight to the point where even space and time become meaningless, you realize that is what you actually have always been ,forget about ethnicity...etcwhen it clicks it becomes bubbles,you are at the point of no return!as i said i have never asked why and i will never do that,unless it comes from the persons in question themselves ,than of course it would be my duty to listen to them ,because otherwise it will neither add nor diminish anything to me as a muslim.... altough it is always nice to see people alladina yasstasslimu alhamdulillah for them ,there is no such thing as revert or convert in my favored vocabulary,see i may understand the english,french Italian ,german,spanish meaning of the word..this is the first time that i actually hear these terms used when referring to muslims,because when you read the Quraan or speak arabic with muslims, you will not hear such designation like "he or she reverted/converted"you would hear isstasslama or asslama/asslamat ..etc so it is kinda weird!lol don`t know if you really understand what am saying grrrrrr..... but who cares hey?stop asking haha:)

Oem Soufiane

:shymuslima1: I admit even though I was born muslim, I love hearing/reading revert stories and IF I ever got a chance to talk to one I am sure I will ask a lot of questions (not nosy secretive stuff), but I have found out that such people make me more firmer in belief knowing that so many across the globe sees the light as I have seen it.
My tears well up sometimes:shymuslima1: reading such stories, IF I ever did meet any of you knew muslims,I may even start bawling :SMILY23: my eyes out....LOL
And then bring out my list of 100 Q's!!!

:ma: so much love makes up for every question, I would happily answer all your questions.

*Saniyah*

ukhtikum fillaah
* You sure don't look like a Muslim.
* You never heard of Sheikh Bin Baaz?
* No, no, no! That's not the way to do it!

:lol: You sure don't look like Muslim!:rolleyes: My husband got this comment from a non-muslim before he started sporting a beard. But the non-muslim meant that he's not dark enough to be a muslim.arghh

I get questions like "how did your family react?" And then I'm sad to say it again "I haven't told them yet!":SMILY23:

One brother from muslim country, older man, asked my husband "where your wife is from?" And he saw previously that I'm muslimah.
My husband replied: from Serbia. The brother shouted: "All Serbs are Shaytans!!!"

warda A

Sister
DEPENDS

I love reading convert stories, they always make me filled with joy.
and my emaan takes a leap :ma:
I have met only 1 convert, but she is a 30 year convert (converted 30 yrs. ago) :ma:
She was really great and she really has great love for islam that put me to shame,made me realize i have lazy towards my religion, one thing she agreed with me is that do not confuse culture with religion.
sorry i got off point.(did not ask her why she became muslim, only how long)
Iam sure it is relly annoying when questions become undesirable (nosy), most probably it is a character they have been brought up with.
If your parents never told you the difference between being nosy(rude) and being polite, then such circumstances always arise.
I hope parents take responsibilities of teaching their children perfect manners inshallah
:tti_sister: