Most annoying questions to ask new muslim

jamilla

as salaamu alaykm,
“There are three things which if a person finds them, he has found the sweetness of faith: when Allaah and His Messenger are dearer to him than all else; when he loves a person for no other reason than for the sake of Allaah; and when he hates to return to kufr after Allaah has saved him from it as he would hate to be thrown into fire.” (Narrated from the hadeeth of Anas ibn Maalik).
I JUST LOVE THIS BROTHER....thank you.....
and yes the questions can be very annoying but you know when a brother or a sister asks me questions i have never once felt annoyed... only when the non-beleivers ask i feel offended... perhaps its in the way of the asking... though i always try to answer the questions to the best of my ability...
I have found though that when a person asks questions like why do you not eat pork or why do you not drink and i reply that its because Allah swt has told us not to i get bad responses from people like somehow there should be a better reason than this.... i never know what to say after that and i always feel like they go away simply thinking im just ignorant or something... does anyone have suggestions in these instances????
AND TO BE HONEST BROTHER THE MOST ANNOYING QUESTION OF ALL WHICH EVERY KUFIR ASKS ME IS WHY DID YOU PICK THAT RELIGION>>>>>
i simply say i did not pick it, Allah swt chose me.....!!!
dear sister not only did allah swt pick you. but whoever allah swt loves he gives them islam subhanallah.

Oem Soufiane

well, once and for all:

*What made you convert?

Allah swt made me convert alhamdulilah, but I started looking for islam when I wanted trying to find out why some people wear hijaab and others don't and why the muslims on tv were talking about peacefull things (it was before 9/11) and in my town, they were mostly not. I left it for a while and a few days later i woke up, nothing special had happened and I rushed to the library to read about islam alhamdoelilah, when i was reading them in the library i remeber thinking: what am i doing here, reading about islam??? I had no special reason for it, now I know it was the qadr of Allah. When I read the 40 hadith from an-nawawi I knew this was what I always believed in, i always thought of Jesus as a prophet, later on, while I was reading books about islam vs. christianity I realised that i had always believed as a muslim, i didn't even know that christians see Jesus as a god. It went on from there, I met a converted muslima on the net and she asked me to come to the mosque in Amsterdam, i liked the idea, because that is not very near to my place, I went there and she picked me up at the trainstation in her in full hijaab, it scared me a little bit because i thought: is that what i must do? i asked her and she told me it's a process that you build slowly and she told me to take my time and go as fast as i feel is right for me, I came in the mosque and everybody was soo nice and happy that I was there, i felt so much love immediatly, I listened to a lecture given by this amazing woman who was also converted and been thrue a lot, she had lost her child, her husband abducted her to Egypt. She hadn't seen her for 6 years, but she prayed to Allah swt to get her back one day, she married again and wanted to make hijraa, then her exhusband suddenly turned up and gave her her daughter back,Allahu akbar!!! This story, the lecture and the overwhelming feelings i got when I entered the mosque, made me really love islam and practising muslims, i took my shahada, when i said I would, Sisters started crying, i said my shahada and here I am five years later, in the same clothes as the scary girl I met at the trainstation hihi. May allah swt reward them.

*Do you tell your family about islam?

Yes, I do now, at first not, i lived at my parents house and islam was forbidden by my father, my mother wouldn't mind, but she hated to even think I wear the hijaab, I had to hide the quran and all my other 'propaganda', or I would infect my younger sister. 9/11 occured three months after i had embraced islam and islam was a word that you couldn't mention in the house for a year or so, later on, my parents realised that I was serious and the books were allowed as long as I kept them in my room, I had to pray when they would leave the house. I moved out of the house after three years, and now alhamdulilah I can do what I want, my parents accept it but my father still doesn't want to hear anything about islam, he says: You have your faith and i got mine(christian) let's keep it that way and respect each other, that's a miracle for me so I let him. My mother is very interested lately and is asking me questions, I gave her books, the 40 hadtith and she also told me that she believes in jesus as a prophet, not as a god, and i told her, that she is believing as a muslim, she said: well yes, maybe I do, but I think it is strange that people immediatly change their complete lifestyle and convert after reading a few books, but she is on the right track alhamdulilah, so remind me and my mother in your Duaa inshallah:SMILY252:

*Why don't you convert your family?
See question above

*Did you ever drink before you were a muslim?

yes i have a couple of times astaghfirullah, and it wasn't even good, people drink it just to get wasted.

How many boyfriends did you had before?

No real boyfriends, i was young.

*Do you ever miss pork/alcohol?

No alhamdulilah, i didn't really like pork anyway, the only thing i miss a little is filet americain hihi, that is cowmeat, but kind off raw.

*Do you think you'll ever change back?

No, unless Allah has decided for me to.

dna1987

Muslim Guy
^ Thanks for sharing, the questions did not seem to annoy you at all. Perhaps, if you have to repeat it again and again and again and again, it might some day :p

deenonthebrain

:salam2:

and again, and again, and again, and again, and again, and again, and again,
AND AGAIN!!!!!!:angryred:

Someone should make a t-shirt. "15 questions NOT to ask someone who accepted Islam."

MubarekMuslimah

salaam alaikum

I don't mind people asking me questions about why I converted too much (when non-muslims ask is chnace for dawah and open their eyes a bit) when a muslim asks I kind of think its a bit of a pointless question though:

"what made you convert?"

"the same thing that keeps you muslim! Allah swt, belief, Iman, The Truth"

The only thing I find a bit annoying is when someone says to me "where are you from?" and I say UK and then they say "no, where were you born where is your family from?" and Im like "UK, England" they don't understand sometimes or take a second to cotton on but its ok alhamdulillah cos I guess its not to be expected.

The only thing I don't like is when a non-muslim asks me why I converted and I tell my story briefly and as soon as I mention my husband they just sort of go "oh,OK" with this look on their face (they are thinking, she only did it to marry him etc etc) and then I hear they have told people that what I did too....and I tell them so much and stress that it is my choice and if we were no more as a couple I would still be muslim insha'allah til the day I die and then I realise I am justifying myself, and my life to people - why should I have to justify myself to anyone but Allah swt (who knows and sees all) not least of all to someone who has got their own preconceived ideas....grrrr..like I say its normally non-muslims who do this but I have had some muslims who do not think I am a real Muslim cos I am english, they think its all a formality I did to marry my husband......(took shahadah and 5 months later got married, its not like it was the same day!)

Anyway insha'allah like I say, I will be muslim til the day I die (and beyond), alhamdulillah I have been given the greatest gift.

Salaams

Oem Soufiane

dna1987,

No i don't mind these questions once in a while, and I saw that other people told their convertstory at the introductionthread and I didn't, since someone(i don't know who anymore) asked about the answer of the annoying questions, i thought, let's do it. Now this is one time on the website, but it does get quite annoying if you have to answer the last questions over and over again, the first two I can imagine that people are interested in, the last 5 questions are just of no use, so i give a quick answer to them, as you can see:blackhijab:

Oem Soufiane

salam ..

i would lov to hear answer of ist question.Just try to copy past if you have replied to anybody else about it.

but plz plz donot be annoyed..he he he..and ya if you are so then do not ans just let me know..

urs bro in islam
javed

sorry stranger786, i forgot you were the one asking

Abu Sarah

Allahu Akbar
Staff member
Assalamu Alaykum,

Im a born Muslim, but i know what it feels like to be a New Muslim as i was treated in funny ways when i was in Saudi. Some of the Arabs thought i was a New Muslim lol.. They'd ask about my family if they were Muslim and they were amazed when i said they were.

Wasalam.

brother ,Mabsoot, if u come to Egypt it's Normale here..LoL..

u wellcome.. Alhamduillah here we have Many Muslim from All the world..

Really..Alhamduillah 4 islam blessing..

<wasalam>

islamicfajr

Abu Sarah

Allahu Akbar
Staff member

so remind me and my mother in your Duaa inshallah:SMILY252:

i'll Make Dua`a 4 u and 4 ur mom insha` Allah..

gazakum Allah khyran 4 sharing ur cinverting story..

it Make may crying wa Allahi ... that's Allah willing..

Alhamduillah 4 blessing of islam...

Allah saied:

"And believe no one unless he follows your religion." Say: "True guidance is the guidance of Allah; (fear ye) lest a revelation be sent to someone (else) like unto that which was sent unto you? Or that those (receiving such revelation) should engage you in argument before your Lord?" Say: "All bounties are in the hand of Allah: He granteth them to whom He pleaseth: and Allah careth for all, and He knoweth all things."

For His Mercy He specially chooseth whom He pleaseth; for Allah is the Lord of bounties unbounded.

(3:73-74)

<wasalam>

islamicfajr

Dawoodi

good chance for dawah

salam w.

since i reverted to islam i personaly enjoyed the atention that born muslims had on my situation, on the way i finded most very sincere like if they were trying to grasp the main reason to reasure themselves or just to fell the rush of knowing that one more was on ther side.
on the other hand i finded many sorprise about it and asking like if they were not sure of my reasons.

it didnt took long for me as i'm a very sociable and bubuly personality to use it in a reverse maner for dawah.

i'll tell u why! it oppen the door for many shahadas on my comunity.

so dont be bother if some one ask a silly question...use it for dawah dawah dawah.

in london i got more than 20 shahadas starting with silly questions.

more over many born muslims always asked how i did it... weo my unser ...gues what??

dawah dawah dawah... most born muslims have a big complex and they feel afray of been oppenly muslims, so i try to show them that been a good muslim is good dawah.

i remember so many brothers at the masjid who shave and gave me so many excuses, "we are just trying no to call atention or blend in"

they have the truth on their hands but they are afray of expresed it.

just have in u mind that if some one is asking u this questions is becouse he is questioning himself.

if a smile is sharity...a proper reply would do wonders.

salamu alikum!:arabi1:

LoveIslam

ALLAH FORGIVE US
:bismillah: assalamualaykum sister welcome to islam the true religon your story touch my heart i want to know what about your mother is she convert to islam? rember me in your dua:blackhijab: :wasalam:

shabnum

:SMILY231: yea i got asked once from my friend she is practicing some other religion forgotn what its called. which she studies with me she asked, hey what do you say lets go out for a drink im like erm.....: sorry but its against my realigion im not allowed to drink alchol:SMILY286: :eek:

shes then said oh you dnt have to drink alchol i respect your religion you can have a glass of orange juice im like erm....:sorry but no i cant.

im like :SMILY27:

i said look right i can not its against my religion then shes like ok never mind.

it just really anoys me the fact that :confused: jus dnt carry on asking me iv told you so many times.:SMILY27: it makes me go bonkers lol

:wasalam:

:salam2: I get asked so many times why do you wear hijab. Why men cant see you. Oh so you think you will look very beautiful without the hijab. Man. These are non muslims asking questions. So get used to the question buddy. You should fear when people stop asking questions. Cause you never know with that one answer you might trigger something in the other persons brain.loll

:salam2: Once a christian lady asked me very sweetly.""" DO YOU WEAR THIS COSTUME ALL THE TIME""""" Lollllll. Man since when is jilbab which is like a long jacket look like a costume. That was too funny :laughing-dancing:

AishaR

The drinking one really annoys me. " well one drink wont hurt, no one will know" DOH, I will!!!
Why cant some people accept no as an answer??

:wasalam:

Globalpeace

Banned
Asslamo Allaikum All,

When I meet revert brothers I take permission & then ask a lot of questions because I want to understand what triggered them to come into the fold of Islam & particularly as to how they deal with their families & vice versa as it helps me in Dawah at work and so on & I don't do it because of curiosity just to understand (that doesn't make any sense :) )

I hope that they don't consider it being NOSEY even though I do tell them why I am asking! No-one has ever objected to my Spanish inquisition yet!....

When I was in the Saudia they asked lots of questions about Muslims & Islam in the West....I guess they were just curious; sometimes the questions were repetitive & pedantic (to me) but I suppose they were genuinely curious so may be the reverts feel the same way to my questioning as I felt to the Saudi questioning? Who knows!

Also the real inquisition is when you get to Pakistan & meet relatives & they REALLY ask questions…fortunately I am married now so when I go next month it will be a lot less

I find that during my travels it is common for people in Muslim countries to routinely ask about parents, matrimonial status, job, income etc. etc. etc...some of these questions in the West are considered intrusive ….Cultural differences off course but I like dealing with people from different cultures, Muslims or Non-Muslims….HUMAAAN behaviour is fascinating…

Terah

I am not a Muslim. I came to this forum because I am curious and questioning. I have two good friends that are Muslim, one Sunni and one Shi'i and they have not minded my questions at all. Perhaps because I am not a judgemental person. I don't know.
I am a white American, they are both Lebanese. I find them both funny, intelligent, kind and very respectful of me and me knowledge seeking, even my questions seem kind of blundering into odd territory. It is because of them and my wanting to understand them more that I came to want to learn more about Islam. So I can know how to respect them more and not offend them through my ignorance.

I enjoy learning about different beliefs. My own beliefs are ever evolving. I find, in these difficult times, that there are far too many things that divide us and search for more ways to unite us.

Thank you for allowing me to read silently and interject my own thoughts when I have something to say.

aaminah

Salam! Most people around me assumes that I converted because I married a muslim! And when I tell them that it's not the reason, the next question is always.. HUH? WHY?! HOW COME?. I understand that it's because of misconceptions and that they really do not know Islam as a religion.
I can relate to the questions above and I agree it could be irritating at times but of course we should always be reminded to be more patient.
One of the worst question that they asks me is.. did you converted because you want to have more than one husband? :(