'Muhammad' teddy teacher arrested

dianek

:salam2:

As much as I agree that this was blown out of proportion, I would like to say, what about the thousands of Muslims being punished for just being Muslim. What about the Muslims humiliated by some public and airline officials for praying or speaking or looking Arab. What about those held and tortured without a chance to defend themselves. I am sure they would gladly take 40 strokes or 60 days in prison in exchange of the torture despite the fact they may be innocent. I feel sorry for this lady if she is innocent, but what about the thousands who are going through far worst than her. Where is the outcry for these people? Are they now in the back burner forgotten and just some statistics. If this lady is liberated she should become a voice for these people and speak out against imprisoning people wrongfully. May Allah most high give us the ability to see what is wrong as wrong and to abstain from it, and may he give us the ability to see what is right as right and to follow it.:wasalam:

I am sorry for what is going on the world, but should she really be an "example" for something so trivial? It is ridiculous! And how much of what happens to some muslims is at the hands of their own people, really? I am a muslim now, and I don't think muslims are terrorists, but when you have people out there cutting off peoples heads and blowing up buildings in the name of Allah, then how can you expect not to become targets? I WISH more muslims would STAND UP and say this is not my ISLAM.......they have hijacked my faith and they are wrong...........but instead so many just stay quiet and do nothing.....

ripefig

I am sorry for what is going on the world, but should she really be an "example" for something so trivial? It is ridiculous! And how much of what happens to some muslims is at the hands of their own people, really? I am a muslim now, and I don't think muslims are terrorists, but when you have people out there cutting off peoples heads and blowing up buildings in the name of Allah, then how can you expect not to become targets? I WISH more muslims would STAND UP and say this is not my ISLAM.......they have hijacked my faith and they are wrong...........but instead so many just stay quiet and do nothing.....

You said you are Muslim now, yet you did not begin or end with Salam, OK maybe you forgot. Never in my thread did I say (or mean) that she should be made an "example". In fact my whole point was just as this is rediculous and many people including the media are crying out, why isn't the Muslim victims given the same publicity. When someone gets thrown of a plane for simply praying isn't that ridiculous? You are talking about people cutting off heads and blowing up buildings in the name of Allah but you didn't mention the people being tortured, raped and slaughtered in the name of democracy. Islam DOES NOT CONDONE KILLING INNOCENT PEOPLE (blowing up buildings etc.). Islaam also does not condone opression and hypocrisy. Many talk about Islaam being hijacked and I will give you an example. Remember Yusuf Islam (Cat Stevens)? He was one of the first to condemn 911. Remember what happened to him after that when he was travelling with his daughter? Well in case you didn't know or forgot, he was detained and humiliated as a terrorist. There are many speaking out but their voices are muffled by the much powerful media. However, Allah is most powerful, truth will stand out against falsehood, good against evil and justice will prevail in the end.
:wasalam:

dianek

You said you are Muslim now, yet you did not begin or end with Salam, OK maybe you forgot. Never in my thread did I say (or mean) that she should be made an "example". In fact my whole point was just as this is rediculous and many people including the media are crying out, why isn't the Muslim victims given the same publicity. When someone gets thrown of a plane for simply praying isn't that ridiculous? You are talking about people cutting off heads and blowing up buildings in the name of Allah but you didn't mention the people being tortured, raped and slaughtered in the name of democracy. Islam DOES NOT CONDONE KILLING INNOCENT PEOPLE (blowing up buildings etc.). Islaam also does not condone opression and hypocrisy. Many talk about Islaam being hijacked and I will give you an example. Remember Yusuf Islam (Cat Stevens)? He was one of the first to condemn 911. Remember what happened to him after that when he was travelling with his daughter? Well in case you didn't know or forgot, he was detained and humiliated as a terrorist. There are many speaking out but their voices are muffled by the much powerful media. However, Allah is most powerful, truth will stand out against falsehood, good against evil and justice will prevail in the end.

Asalaam Aleikum:

I have not yet acquired the habit of saying that everytime I post......it is foreign still to me to use those words, please forgive......and my point as well was, why are the Sudanese Muslims so concerned about a name of a teddy bear when there people are being killed by their own hands? Those muslims don't care about their own people but the name of a bear.....well that is just so important.....No I didn't know about Yusuf Islam......Also, isn't everyone guilty of some form of stereotyping?

You said you are Muslim now, yet you did not begin or end with Salam.
If i didn´t start with salam does it harmful for my believe or am i not a muslim?

Its always better to start to with salam and end . But the way of your advice doesn´t seem so goood "for me".

YOu could also write it personally.

I dont know how sister dianek felt it. but if anybody had talk with me in such way then i would definative not feel good.

ripefig

Asalaam Aleikum:

I have not yet acquired the habit of saying that everytime I post......it is foreign still to me to use those words, please forgive......and my point as well was, why are the Sudanese Muslims so concerned about a name of a teddy bear when there people are being killed by their own hands? Those muslims don't care about their own people but the name of a bear.....well that is just so important.....No I didn't know about Yusuf Islam......Also, isn't everyone guilty of some form of stereotyping?

:salam2:(Assalamu Alaikum)

I totally agree that Muslims are far from perfect, and until we practice true Islam (love, brotherhood and following the Quran & Sunnah without innovation) we will continue to be in serious trouble. This, however, does not give anyone (Muslim or non-Muslim) the right to opress a Muslim for being Muslim or a non-muslim for choosing his own path. Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) dealt kindly and justly with Muslims and non-Muslims alike. The Quran said that opression is worst than slaughter and we should fight opression until there is no more, however, if they do not opress you then seek peace and be kind to them. I also agree that Sudan has many important issues that's far more important than the bear. As for everyone being guilty of stereotyping, I cannot agree with that. I agree, however, that many are guilty, but I cannot speak for EVERYONE, only Allah knows what is in the hearts. According to the Quran and the Sunnah stereotyping is wrong. According to Islam no one is superior to another based on Race, gender, color, geographical location, social status etc. The ONLY criterion which will be used on the day of judgement will be TAQWAA (WHAT IS IN THE HEART, our actions, our level of faith etc.) and only Allah (most high) knows that. If any Muslim is stereotyping we should STOP, because it is against the teachings of Islam. May Allah (most high) guide us and give us peace.

ripefig

If i didn´t start with salam does it harmful for my believe or am i not a muslim?

Its always better to start to with salam and end . But the way of your advice doesn´t seem so goood "for me".

YOu could also write it personally.

I dont know how sister dianek felt it. but if anybody had talk with me in such way then i would definative not feel good.

The salaams is a right that a Muslim has over another Muslim. On the day of judgement people will be given the authority (by Allah SWT)to demand their rights from us and this could take out from our good deeds, so isn't it better to ask them for it right here in the Dunia (this world) Did you notice that sister Dianek gave me the salaams the second time (may Allah reward her) Don't you think that after this post others will be more incouraged to give the salaams? If my advice "doesn't seem so good for you" then i am sorry, and if I said something wrong may Allah forgive me.

dianek

The salaams is a right that a Muslim has over another Muslim. On the day of judgement people will be given the authority (by Allah SWT)to demand their rights from us and this could take out from our good deeds, so isn't it better to ask them for it right here in the Dunia (this world) Did you notice that sister Dianek gave me the salaams the second time (may Allah reward her) Don't you think that after this post others will be more incouraged to give the salaams? If my advice "doesn't seem so good for you" then i am sorry, and if I said something wrong may Allah forgive me.

Asalam:

Well, you were a bit harsh......remember that new muslims, especially myself being an American, are not used to using that phrase when addressing muslims...it is something we have to learn....takes time.....

The salaams is a right that a Muslim has over another Muslim.
100% truth

Did you notice that sister Dianek gave me the salaams the second time (may Allah reward her) Don't you think that after this post others will be more incouraged to give the salaams?

I didn´t said that you shoudn´t tell her about salam. i wrote about your way of your advice which you did openly.you could also tell her private massage.because right of muslim is also that we should hide the weakness of our muslim brother and sisters.
and if I said something wrong may Allah forgive me.
akhi you didn´t do something wrong, but may allah forgive you and give barakah for your good deeds and intention. ameen.

ripefig

Asalam:

Well, you were a bit harsh......remember that new muslims, especially myself being an American, are not used to using that phrase when addressing muslims...it is something we have to learn....takes time.....

I apologize if I was harsh. I also thought that your description of muslims cutting off heads and blowing up buildings harsh because a true beleiver will not do that to innocent people. If a handful of people are evil, it does not mean an entire religeon or it's followers shoud be blamed. As Muslims we should guard each other's lives, properties and honour. Welcome to Islam and the more you read and investigate, you will see Islam is the opposite of what is portrayed in the media. As Muslims we learn every day, we can never be perfect, because only Allah is perfect. I hope I don't discourage you in any way, if so be the case please forgive me and I ask Allah SWT to forgive me because it was not my intention. May he guide us to a path that is not crooked (AMEEN)

what get's me is how upset the sudanese gov't is over naming a teddy bear Muhammad, and how they can care less about the genocide going on in the darfur region.

Selamu Aleikum,

Darfur is something else bro. Its not like the media potrays it.

Its about water facilities and about geographic politics. These jamjabah(spelling?) Rebels, are as black as the people in Darfur.

Next thing u know , NATO will be there acting like the good heroes and suff.

Maybe they are already there ? LOL
Politics these days.

dianek

Selamu Aleikum,

Darfur is something else bro. Its not like the media potrays it.

Its about water facilities and about geographic politics. These jamjabah(spelling?) Rebels, are as black as the people in Darfur.

Next thing u know , NATO will be there acting like the good heroes and suff.

Maybe they are already there ? LOL
Politics these days.

Asalaam,

Well somebody needs to be there to help those people.......my heart aches so much for them and the people of Somalia and the Congo.......why any human thinks that they should have the right to take another's life I will never understand.......heartbraking!

Asalaam,

Well somebody needs to be there to help those people.......my heart aches so much for them and the people of Somalia and the Congo.......why any human thinks that they should have the right to take another's life I will never understand.......heartbraking!

And this is exactly WHAT THE MEDIA WANTS U TO THINK !!!

So these HEROIC NATO TROOPS can go there and " Help " oh and of course to take care of their plans and buisness.

Just ask urself my dear: Where do these "rebels" get their guns and ammunition from ? U know guns and bullets cost money.

People in Darfur/Sudan are poor and cant even afford food. SO how come these guys have food and guns ?

They want to make Darfur/Sudan like they did with YUgoslavia.

dianek

And this is exactly WHAT THE MEDIA WANTS U TO THINK !!!

So these HEROIC NATO TROOPS can go there and " Help " oh and of course to take care of their plans and buisness.

Just ask urself my dear: Where do these "rebels" get their guns and ammunition from ? U know guns and bullets cost money.

People in Darfur/Sudan are poor and cant even afford food. SO how come these guys have food and guns ?

They want to make Darfur/Sudan like they did with YUgoslavia.

That doesn't negate the fact that from a humanitarian standpoint INNOCENTS are dying because of those STUPID rebels.......or are we now saying that genocide there isn't happening....I agree the governments in the world have their dirty hands all over this, BUT, the people suffering deserve help from the people of this world. In the words of my favorite band EVER (U2) "One Love but were not the same we have to carry each other!" (Just going to add, I love Bono!)

That doesn't negate the fact that from a humanitarian standpoint INNOCENTS are dying because of those STUPID rebels.......or are we now saying that genocide there isn't happening....I agree the governments in the world have their dirty hands all over this, BUT, the people suffering deserve help from the people of this world. In the words of my favorite band EVER (U2) "One Love but were not the same we have to carry each other!" (Just going to add, I love Bono!)

If u want to stop these innocent people of dying/ getting killed , then tell
america to stop financing these Rebels !

This scenario was created by the US, so that Nato(proxy millitary of US) can go there and act like heroes.

P.S. Yea U2 is cool.

dianek

If u want to stop these innocent people of dying/ getting killed , then tell
america to stop financing these Rebels !

This scenario was created by the US, so that Nato(proxy millitary of US) can go there and act like heroes.

P.S. Yea U2 is cool.

Since when does the US goverment listen to the will of the people.....don't you know they secretly ammended the constitution when Bush became president to let the government do just what it wants? I mean really.....my measley vote means squat..........$$$$ talks and most of us don't have much of it contrary to the beliefs of other countries.........makes me laugh because my husband once said he came to the US because he thought money lined the streets! HA!!!!!!!!! Haven't found that type of litter yet!

Yes, the people of this world should help.

But we live in a " Democracy " LOL

Governments do whatever they want without asking the people.
Most politics are getting done behind closed doors.

So ? WHat can we as the people do ?

Answer: Nothing ! Its a democracy. LOL

dianek

Yes, the people of this world should help.

But we live in a " Democracy " LOL

Governments do whatever they want without asking the people.
Most politics are getting done behind closed doors.

So ? WHat can we as the people do ?

Answer: Nothing ! Its a democracy. LOL

HEY!!!! Where is Munich in contrast to Erfurt? My ancestors on my father side hail from the former Prussia now Erfurt region.....