Muslim Gay Activism?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChebbaTan

Assalamu Aleikum Wa Rahmatullahi Wa Barakatuhu,

Few months ago a friend and I were shocked when discovered a British series of videos on YouTube called "Gay Muslims UK", broadcasted by channel 4. It really disgusted us, especially when they began to say they're practicing Muslims and trying to justify their lifestyles, saying the Qur'an only talks about the destruction of Lot's people because they we're promiscuous and he said what he does is based on love, not lust. SubhanAllah, it was similarly shocking hearing a lesbian girl veiled with niqab on a gay parade, saying she preserves her modest and they defended lesbianism saying that only sodomy is condemned in Islam.

I also became very shocked when I first heard about organizations for Muslim gay rights, such as Al Fatiha, I read an article on a national newspaper written by a so-called Muslim activist, full of piercings and heavy makeup, who belong to this org, and she says she wears hijab, as if hijab was just a mere piece of cloth on your head, and, at the same time she was relating niqab with radicalism and she declared that it bothers her seeing our modest Muslim sisters in niqab.

I ask, how dare these organizations to use the name "Muslim", when they're openly defending an immoral lifestyle and a degrading practice according, not only to Islam, but according with every revealed religion? How do they support what Allah hates and forbids? Do they want to be seen as modern and liberal Muslims, or are these ways of trying to hijack the deen and confusing people?

This is just disgusting, trying to mix Islam that is the purest way ever, with the filth of homosexual lifestyle.

Even if a brother or sister, has this weakness, he should try to be humble before Allah and recognize his/her faults, and also, he/she should always repent and ask Allah forgiveness and put in practice practical measures to avoid fitna and the whispers of shaitan. I pray to Allah help every Muslim who is fighting unnatural desires and admits his weaknesses before Allah, because all of us have our weaknesses as well.

SubhanAllah, may Allah protect His Ummah!!!

:tti_sister:

Salams!!

Asja

Pearl of Islaam
Assalamu allaicum wa raahmatullah wa barakatuhu dear sister

Jazzak Allah khair for informing us, about this, I need to say shocking news Astagfirullah, but we need to remember that there will be always munafiqs who will try to change the religion of Allah,and Islamic pure way of life. It is only making me angry that these unbelivers are stating that this what they are doing is aloowed in Islaam, Astagfirullah,and are even not afraid or ashamed to call themselves " Muslims",. Wa la hawla wa la kuwata illabillah.

Our duty as Muslims is to educate oursleves more, learn Quran and Sunnah of our Prophet sallahu alayha wa saalam and on the end to fight against any kind of imorality,and is our duty to spread message of Islaam,as only right, pure and beautiful way of life.

May Allah help and guide us on siratul mustaqeem. ameen summa ameen

Wa Allaicumu saalam wa raahmatullah wa barakatuhu

Ibn Uthaymin

Walykum asslam

One of the lady was from munaqqaba as well. She gave a speech to the mass in Trafalgar Square, London for Gay parade.

What a troublesome bunch.

ShahnazZ

Striving2BeAStranger
Assalamu Aleikum Wa Rahmatullahi Wa Barakatuhu,

Few months ago a friend and I were shocked when discovered a British series of videos on YouTube called "Gay Muslims UK", broadcasted by channel 4. It really disgusted us, especially when they began to say they're practicing Muslims and trying to justify their lifestyles, saying the Qur'an only talks about the destruction of Lot's people because they we're promiscuous and he said what he does is based on love, not lust. SubhanAllah, it was similarly shocking hearing a lesbian girl veiled with niqab on a gay parade, saying she preserves her modest and they defended lesbianism saying that only sodomy is condemned in Islam.

Islam is being hijacked left and right, first by deviant groups, then extremists, and now this. This isn't the first instance I've heard of "gay Muslims" but the fact that it's a fast-spreading "epidemic" is seriously disturbing. People can try to justify their actions to their own selves and others but in the end they're only fooling themselves. Allah's Law isn't going to change simply because it's not convenient for them. And the fact that they're even attempting to change it is just borderline sick.

I also became very shocked when I first heard about organizations for Muslim gay rights, such as Al Fatiha, I read an article on a national newspaper written by a so-called Muslim activist, full of piercings and heavy makeup, who belong to this org, and she says she wears hijab, as if hijab was just a mere piece of cloth on your head, and, at the same time she was relating niqab with radicalism and she declared that it bothers her seeing our modest Muslim sisters in niqab.

I've heard of Al-Fatiha and I also know which Muslim activist you're talking about. Funny thing is I actually used to admire her and look up to her before I found out she was a lesbian and advocated on behalf of a "gay Muslim" organization. The fact that there are even enough people for this to be an actual organization is disturbing enough but the fact that they now have a public voice stating that they're not only gay but MUSLIM as well (with EVERY right to do so) is just downright disrespectful. This isn't just unique to us though. Christians struggle with the same thing, having many homosexual individuals identifying themselves as Christian as well and with their own churches. I guess we should at least consider ourselves lucky that there's no "gay mosque".

Yet.

Abu Talib

Feeling low
:salam2:

I think they skip the chapter of Lut Alayhis Sallam being so called Muslim. Lol I remember once a Imam said in the Khutbah even Donkeys and Dogs are better than Homosexuals, they know how to choose the right partners.

kayleigh

I guess we should at least consider ourselves lucky that there's no "gay mosque".

Yet.

There are LGBTQ friendly mosques in Toronto and California.

I've seen the series you're talking about. There's a documentary on gay Muslims called Jihad for Love that I've seen as well. I thought it was pretty interesting.

Honestly, I feel for gay Muslims, though I do not pity them. I recognize that their lives are very difficult. Even if they don't "come out", many of them live with constant inner conflict and unhappiness. Those that are open about it usually lose their family and loved ones and their entire identity when their community rejects them. I would never judge someone on their sexuality, and I wish the rest of the Muslim community were the same way.

But anyway, I don't really have a problem with groups like al Fatiha. I've known about them for awhile though - one of their volunteers/representatives asked me to take a survey for them a few years ago.

ShyHijabi

I think they skip the chapter of Lut Alayhis Sallam being so called Muslim. Lol I remember once a Imam said in the Khutbah even Donkeys and Dogs are better than Homosexuals, they know how to choose the right partners.

Wow! That's pretty harsh! Saying that an animal is better than a human being. I guess he's never owned a dog then, they do plenty of behavior considered homosexual. There is a ton of homosexual behavior in the animal kingdom, especially in the primates. If you doubt this just gooogle the Bonobo chimp.

I don't subscribe to saying the homosexual lifestyle is right but I also don't feel I am in a place to judge anyone given my own sinful nature. Everyone has their jihad, be glad this isn't one of yours or mine.

Almaas

Wa alaikum assalaam wa Rahmatullahi wa Barakaatuh

It makes me wanna throw up.

Islam is being hijacked left and right, first by deviant groups, then extremists, and now this. This isn't the first instance I've heard of "gay Muslims" but the fact that it's a fast-spreading "epidemic" is seriously disturbing. People can try to justify their actions to their own selves and others but in the end they're only fooling themselves. Allah's Law isn't going to change simply because it's not convenient for them. And the fact that they're even attempting to change it is just borderline sick.

Completely agree with everything you've said.

I've heard of Al-Fatiha and I also know which Muslim activist you're talking about. Funny thing is I actually used to admire her and look up to her before I found out she was a lesbian and advocated on behalf of a "gay Muslim" organization.

Her organisation is Imaan, Al-Fatiha is done by the guy who escaped from Pakistan. I actually gasped when I heard the name of this group mentioned on the programme.

Some of them are aware of the ayah about Lut ('alayhis-salaam)'s people, but they make excuses and choose to ignore its message.

I also found it interesting how the programme mentioned they were practising Muslims, yet they had unlawful relations before 'marriage', they drunk, didn't pray, went clubbing etc. They were only ever Muslim by name as it was. The people it showed hadn't grown up in pracitsing Islamic households, they don't know what Islam is or the true meaning of it, so obviously when confronted with the truth it affects them less. They simply refute the arguements and evidence posed to them.

Aapa

Mirajmom
Assalaam walaikum,

Thank you sister. I was hesitant to respond to this post. I was a bereavement counselor at a hospice for men dying of AIDS. I then went through a period of being arrogant towards Allah's creation and then I woke up.

We can not make the mistake of thinking we are better. We can not pity the gay/lesbian community. But we can talk to the members about the boundless Mercy of Allah.

He is the Oft-Forgiving. We are all His Creation. I can only talk to others of His Compassion.

I, too, am a sinner. Who am I to judge others. I have so many many faults and can only supplicate and beg for clemency.

We can make dua and ask Him to guide us. May He ease the burden of those in pain.

Status
Not open for further replies.