My favourite animal

BintMuhammad

Staff member
Assalaamu alaikum warahmatullaah,

Just want to share with you my favourite animal in the world as they're not that popular. I find them cute Mashaa'Allaah and really amazing. I learned from a television program that these animals have suicidal tendencies when they get lonely, depressed and disturbed. They either hold their breath until they die or bang their head on a tree branch so hard. LoL. I want one so badly!

The Philippine Tarsier

boholtarsierce9.jpg

The Philippine Tarsier (Tarsius syrichta), known locally as the Mawmag in Cebuano/Visayan, is an endangered tarsier species endemic to the Philippines. It is found in the southeastern part of the archipelago, particularly in the provinces of Bohol, Samar, Leyte, and Mindanao, Philippines.[3] Its name is derived from its elongated "tarsus" or ankle bone.[4]

Its geographic range also includes Maripipi Island, Siargao Island, Basilan Island and Dinagat Island.[5] Tarsiers have also been reported in Sarangani, although they may be different subspecies. Believed to be about 45 million years old,[6] and perhaps one of the oldest land species to continuously live in the Philippines, it was only introduced to western biologists in the 18th century.[7]

The Philippine Tarsier is a shy nocturnal[3] animal that leads a mostly hidden life, asleep during the day and only active to look for food during the night. During the day, it sleeps in dark hollows close to the ground, near the trunks of trees and shrubs deep in the impenetrable bushes and forests. They only become active at night, and even then, with their much better sight and amazing ability to maneuver around trees, are very well able to avoid humans.[7]

It is arboreal[3] and is a vertical clinger and leaper,[8] habitually clinging vertically to trees and are capable of leaping from branch to branch. Having an elongated tarsus helps it in leaping.

The Philippine Tarsier is solitary. However, it is found to have either monogamous or polygamous mating system.[8]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Philippine_Tarsier

tarsieroz7.jpg

muslimad

Asalamu Alaykum!
Cute??? i think it looks kind of scary!:eek: but if u say so, and its suicidal too wow thats the first animal ive heard of that has those emotions.....interesting,:lol:

jezakallah kheir for sharing

al-fajr

...ism..schism
Staff member
:salam2:

That is really cute :), amazing eyes, obviously because they're nocturnal.

I like them, they've got character.

hussain.mahammed

a lonely traveller
As salamu alaikum wa rahmatullahi wabrakatuhu

Very cute and delicate Masha Allah. Well the first question which I ask everytime if I come across any animal is that does it bite? :biggrin:

I am scared of getting bitten. :eek:

wa/salam

BintMuhammad

Staff member

Very cute and delicate Masha Allah. Well the first question which I ask everytime if I come across any animal is that does it bite? :biggrin:

wa/salam

Wa alaikumussalaam warahmatullaahi wabarakatuhu,

Nah, I don't think it bites people coz you can visit their habitat to touch them and mingle with them just don't make loud noises or shake the trees they're on.

nizar83

selemu aleikum brothers and sisters..after having seen the pic..
i can only say 1 thing : HAMDULAH, ALLAH subhanawata3ala made me human..i would not want to be any animal no matter how lovely or strong or smart some animals are..hamdulah hamdulah hamdulah im human haha

al-fajr

...ism..schism
Staff member
selemu aleikum brothers and sisters..after having seen the pic..
i can only say 1 thing : HAMDULAH, ALLAH subhanawata3ala made me human..i would not want to be any animal no matter how lovely or strong or smart some animals are..hamdulah hamdulah hamdulah im human haha

Alhamdulillah for being human, yeh true.

But its an interesting question ..if you had to choose to be an animal which would it be exactly? out of the entire animal kingdom?

nizar83

mmm i really wouldnt know....but its clear that some animals have been given more skillz and beauty by ALLAH subhanawata3ala than others...
so i would try to find an animal with the best of skills and manners and looks..a usefull animal instead of a killing machine lol

1 thought would be some kind of fish...they bring nothing but good on this earth as far as i know..no harm what so ever comes from fish ( little fish, no sharks lol )

Summer03

3doTs2sQuares
subhanallah..look at its hands...close to human! and to have that kind of emotion...and people say Allah doesnt exist.

summertime

sister :)

wa/salam

:salam2:

haha thats exactly what i was gonna say ..:lol:

justoneofmillion

:salam2:Here i found the adult versions of him,the resemblance is astonishing but it is unlikely to happen unless he finishes his soups,year after year, until the driving license,lets hope he makes it:)
ps.never mind about gizmo,he just popped out of nowhere,not my fault...sorry fellas

et2_BM_Berlin_Gold__406882g.jpg

images

wassalaam
jameel

SeSaMe

Calm Member ((^_^))
Salamo Alaykom ^^

This is the first time that I hear about this animal

It's wondrous and strange

Thank you for this useful information

héhé

meer suhail

ILM seeker
Asalam o Alykum
pretty much like bush babbies ?
have seen documentraies about them on NG ,,,,,but long time ago dont remember much