My iman (Eemaan) goes down when around other muslims

Wannabemuslim

:salam2: im not kidding, i feel crazy, yet i kind of inside feel that its not me, but the ummah thats crazy. i know thats haram, but im just saying things straight, like i should. Everywhere i go i find hateful muslims, i go to the shia forums, theres something they strongly dislike about me, i go to sunni forums theres things they strongly dislike about me, its getting to the point that i think that things are exagerated and twisted unfairly to his belief if a post is written by a muslim brother.astafurrilah, if i said anything wrong but please dont shoot the messenger Sadly i get more help in staying halal from non-muslims than i ever got from the muslim ummah,and the only muslims that i feel i could ever talk to or get along with are the "westernized muslims",and i cant feel 100% l comfortable in that area. to be fair i havnt experienced the muslim community away from the internet,(besides a majid filled arabs) i pray its better in the real world.its hard for me to sympathise for others im finding,

they have so little patients and faith for the muslim youth, i dont blame them, but i dont think the muslims have made me a better person, rather islam made me a better person. when i read the quran, at least to me it seems flexible, but then we have all these hadiths, thats when the stress comes in for me. hadiths like the 73 sects going to hell fire kind of put me off.chances are im going to hell fire, im not a saint, im a 14 year old boy,all my friends are non muslims, and alot of my friends talk about completly haram, from weed to girls they find attractive ect. thats uncomfortable. and whenever i feel like i found some source of inspiration to get past these problems the muslims, though having good intentions come in and take that down. i can see people here getting mad at me . But according to muslims: reading most books is haram, photography haram, paintings haram, acting is haram, rythem and poetry is haram and those are the main things i find my self excelling in, my thinking is leaned on the creative rather than thinking in steps (random i know). please if theres anyone who understands what im talking about please post or pm, if you dont refrain please. i just needed to get things off my mind, even though its probably not healthy for me to post here.

MuslimShadow

Assalamu alaikum.

Insh'Allah you will get better responses here.

I think you are going through some sort of identity crisis.If you are a white boy and only Muslim in the family then i can't blame you for that.
Disagreement and fighting is a part of human nature.This is the story of planet Earth.We Muslims fight for the same things without even realizing it.
You just need to focus your mind on something else......studies.Don't say i find studying boring.Try doing maths.Trust me it's amazing.:)

Allah is Ar Raheem and Ar -Rahmaan.Do you realize what it means.
Why are you saying everything is haraam?When did reading books became haram?

Carefully read the Quran with understanding.You will feel better.
When i was your age i used to think like that.I will never make it to jannah and all.I was depressed about everything. behavior of Muslims around me was no better.I didn't like to be with anyone.Even Quran seemed depressing.
Later i came to know about some wonderful Muslims who changed my way of thinking.
Try to be around good Muslims.Trust in Allah.
Keep smiling.................:):).Nobody is mad at you.

Ershad

Assalamu Alaikkum wa rahamatullahi wa barakatuhu,

If it comforts you, let me tell you nobody goes to Jannah purely on the basis of his deeds. He has to be enveloped by Allah's mercy to enter it. The sons of Adam commit mistakes, knowingly and unknowingly. If not for the mercy of Allah, we would be nowhere.

Mabsoot

Amir
Staff member
assalamu alaykum,

Brother, mashaAllah I did not know you were 14. Make sure to do your best in your Islamic duties, and there is nothing wrong in pursuing any other activities as long as they are within Islamic guidelines.

Some people wrongly believe pursuing various arts, such as poetry, painting, to be a "waste of time". However, it can be a good way to help a person to think more deeply and creatively. I enjoy doing those things from time to time.

The companions feared not having a raised Iman, when they were away from the Prophet Muhammad (s) and were playing with their children. However, the Prophet (s) told them, "There is a time for this and a time for that", (sahih Bukhari).

But according to muslims...

and brother, remember to write "some" Muslims. Be careful with your wording inshaAllah, we are mostly all Muslims here! - Muslims are human and can err and say wrong things. So, try your best to ignore the ones who say dumb things. You can advise them to the Quran and Sunnah, that Islam is the middle way, the path of ease and goodness. Islam is perfect and it is Allah who we aim to please.

Wasalam

strive-may-i

:salam2:

Brother, welcome back :)
Show that patience with me too, am very faulty!
What you observed is true, its not people, its Simplicity and truth in Allahs Guidance that makes one a Believer! And to become a Pious believer, now thats such a delicate ball game altogether..

And hope these help you.
Narrated Abu Hurairah: The Prophet said, “The religion (of Islam) is easy, and whoever makes the religion a rigour, it will overpower him. So, follow a middle course (in worship); if you can’t do this, do something near to it and give glad tidings and seek help (of Allah) at morn and at dusk and some part of night.” (Al-Bukhari)
Remember the words used here rigour and overpower, sticking closer to extent you can in middle path...

CREATIVE:
If you ask me whats creative, every person is creative. Every person who says or utters a word or done an action, has out of choice created something. But, some manage to do it in a way, that it attracts others, these are the creatives. The outcome of creative process can be for good or bad, Usually the one who creates could be proud about it, but using the creative for good is what Almighty Allah expects from each, and I miss the goal by miles....!

Reflect on what this man said, he said the right thing, but coming from this man, this sums up the dangers.... :
"Words build bridges into unexplored regions" ~Adolf Hitler​
So when it comes to the Prophets and their companions we have better assured examples to follow. So just pick the better things, there is so much to fix. Use your creativity for the right ends. Just like how you have used your intelligence and inner voice for arriving at right decisions

bah forget this post, i feel better

Every person has a favorite, turning one reflective, giving thought clarity..... Penning down is a good approach.
*hint hint* Stay in touch with your writing :)

Al-Awza’I said: “Use the bounties that you enjoy to become stronger in running away from the Fire Allah has kindled, which leaps up over the hearts. You are in a temporary dwelling in which you are given fixed terms. You are a generation that came after previous generations that enjoyed the fruits and splendor of this life. They were taller than you and had stronger bodies. They built the earth more than you built it, they built on top of mountains and moved stones. They went about the earth with might and strength? However, the days and nights brought an end to their term in life, erased their trace, emptied their homes and removed them from people’s memory. So do you hear a sound from any of them or a whisper? They felt safe on account of their hoping to live longer, a legacy of hedless people and a morning that brought them sorrow and remorse.” (Ash-Shukr, p.15)​

The best Advise:
A man beseeched Sufyan Ath-Thawri, ‘Advise me.’ Sufyan said: “Work for this life as much as your stay in it will be and for the Hereafter as much as your stay in it will be, and peace be to you.’” (Hilyatul-Awliya, vol. 7, p.56)

And see how Prophet :saw: said it in much simpler words!
the Prophet (s) told them, "There is a time for this and a time for that", (sahih Bukhari).

strive-may-i

It took me so much time to write this and you feel better before i post my reply.You are weird................:):)

:wasalam:
:) Your response was fine.

Often when I tap my wire on wrong plug points, it gets weird and to become better, I have to shake it off...No?

OsMaN_93

Here to help
You're hanging with the wrong crowd of Muslims lol
Even Muslims on this forum think it's absolutely haram to have non-muslim friends which is absurd really. So when it comes to such controversial topics go with the opinion of scholars that you agree with.

waslam alikom

MuslimShadow

You're hanging with the wrong crowd of Muslims lol
Even Muslims on this forum think it's absolutely haram to have non-muslim friends which is absurd really. So when it comes to such controversial topics go with the opinion of scholars that you agree with.

waslam alikom

I do have non-Muslim friends.Not close though.

MuslimShadow

:) Your response was fine.

Often when I tap my wire on wrong plug points, it gets weird and to become better, I have to shake it off...No?

No brother you don't get it.It took me so much time to write that first post because my mum called me to make tea.........lol.

faaraa

Nothing but Muslimah
:wasalam:

Simply... you are dealing with the Muslims to whom the exact Islam is not reached yet. In other words you are dealing with name sake Muslims..

You see lil brother, I personally have gone through this trauma for about 05 or 06 years...

You learn Islam on your own, you feel better, but few Muslim individuals or organizations are behaving upside down, when it comes to ethics or Akhlaq, while non Muslims some times have the good habits which Islam teaches you... Subhanallah...
This is a usual disease of this society...so take it easy..

And always remember, that if you are being given a higher knowledge than the people who are around you, then it's your duty to give them the light !!
Be patient and go forward lil brother..

Just watch this little clip , the lecturer is talking about "Family" but still it applies to the "Society" too.. Insha Allah that would boos you :)

[yt]lsFP7m8ZwYk[/yt]​

queenislam

★★★I LOVE ALLAH★★★
Pleasing Allah swt Is Enough!

:salam2: im not kidding, i feel crazy, yet i kind of inside feel that its not me, but the ummah thats crazy. i know thats haram, but im just saying things straight, like i should. Everywhere i go i find hateful muslims, i go to the shia forums, theres something they strongly dislike about me, i go to sunni forums theres things they strongly dislike about me, its getting to the point that i think that things are exagerated and twisted unfairly to his belief if a post is written by a muslim brother.astafurrilah, if i said anything wrong but please dont shoot the messenger Sadly i get more help in staying halal from non-muslims than i ever got from the muslim ummah,and the only muslims that i feel i could ever talk to or get along with are the "westernized muslims",and i cant feel 100% l comfortable in that area. to be fair i havnt experienced the muslim community away from the internet,(besides a majid filled arabs) i pray its better in the real world.its hard for me to sympathise for others im finding,

they have so little patients and faith for the muslim youth, i dont blame them, but i dont think the muslims have made me a better person, rather islam made me a better person. when i read the quran, at least to me it seems flexible, but then we have all these hadiths, thats when the stress comes in for me. hadiths like the 73 sects going to hell fire kind of put me off.chances are im going to hell fire, im not a saint, im a 14 year old boy,all my friends are non muslims, and alot of my friends talk about completly haram, from weed to girls they find attractive ect. thats uncomfortable. and whenever i feel like i found some source of inspiration to get past these problems the muslims, though having good intentions come in and take that down. i can see people here getting mad at me . But according to muslims: reading most books is haram, photography haram, paintings haram, acting is haram, rythem and poetry is haram and those are the main things i find my self excelling in, my thinking is leaned on the creative rather than thinking in steps (random i know). please if theres anyone who understands what im talking about please post or pm, if you dont refrain please. i just needed to get things off my mind, even though its probably not healthy for me to post here.
~~~

:ma:

Dear brother,
Allah swt made us all equal human beings,
both men and women.
And the only superiority of one person over another is directly related to the amount of God-consciousness he or she posses in their heart.
So if you approach everybody and everything with the expressed intention of pleasing Allah swt, you are instantly elevated above those who do not.
And if they don’t appreciate your benevolence,
it won’t matter.
It wasn’t for them anyway…it was for ALLAH swt

So the next time you think of doing something good to anybody, for any reason, think of Allah swt first.
Ask yourself if this action would be pleasing to Allah swt,
and if the answer is yes,
then go to it.
You will be happier and give yourself less chance to be hurt.
So
Pleasing
Allah swt is enough.

Walk on the right path
you will be bless with righteousness~Masha'allah!

~May Alllah swt help,protect and guide all muslims~Amin!

Take care,
~Wassalam :)