tellin you to smoke weed with a melody
As my brothers bleed in a tragedy
then call yourself a "thug" as a remedy
I came out after I dug and fought the treachery
But came back to my love for poetry.
Peace:)

salam alaikum

rap, rather than a poetry, he he

good one though, when I was reading, i was not reading it, but was raping it, thats why i said.

salam alaikum

MutlekM

:salam2:
Nice work , keep it up
shukran akhi

Mashallah, very beautiful dear brother.

May Allah reword you.

:wasalam:
shukran for the support ukhti
salam alaikum

rap, rather than a poetry, he he

good one though, when I was reading, i was not reading it, but was raping it, thats why i said.

salam alaikum

Im having a really hard time trying to find the difference thats why i wrote this. thx tho.

samiha

---------
Staff member

Im having a really hard time trying to find the difference thats why i wrote this. thx tho.

Rap is... in a way a form of poetry, and not the entirety of it. Poetry is like a general tree trunk, from which many branches have sprouted. From them each have certain characteristics and forms (or lack of form).

Rap in general has a much faster tempo, with a consistent string of rhyming words, like a steady and ongoing rhyme scheme. It's really not too different from standard poetry as it utilizes many aspects such as similes and metaphors and all the rest of the fun stuff. I do think that since however it's kind of 'evolved' as a way of expression of late, and is oft strongly linked with music/hip-hop and that whole subculture etc... it's not always thought of as 'poetry' really.

But then again if you look at prose poetry... it doesnt seem like poetry either. If you look at a lot of free style poetry it doesnt seem like it either sometimes. But different people are drawn to different styles. I personally dont usually like 'rap', when spoken, though I appreciate it's flow in writing and when put together well will marvel at it's creativity.

Speaking of which, you're poem was nice, I like how the beginning linked back to the end, creative. However the beginning was a bit choppy; it might be good to look a bit more into the rhythm and flow of poetry, since you are using a rhyme scheme. That also links back to usage of meter ... which is important in most poetry, and often defines the feeling of what people consider 'normal' poetry, so also checking into that might give you some ideas (Interestingly enough it also had a section on Arabic poetry).

In general, a rounder feel of the ingredients thrown into poetry, the forms and structures, might give you a more definite idea how you want to go with yours. But I'm not expert, I just like poems so I'm just putting thoughts out there. Have fun, and May Allaah grant you eloquence to express yourself and utilize your talent for good.

MutlekM

More like rap/poetry. Your poems remind me of Boonaa Mohammad, if I haven't said that already.. :D

I heard a couple of his raps/poems and
He is awesome and im not nearly as good.
Thanks anyway tho my ground has been with in the hood.
He had always withstood.
Realization of the truth is usually misunderstood
but this dude even makes rap look good.

MutlekM

Rap is... in a way a form of poetry, and not the entirety of it. Poetry is like a general tree trunk, from which many branches have sprouted. From them each have certain characteristics and forms (or lack of form).

Rap in general has a much faster tempo, with a consistent string of rhyming words, like a steady and ongoing rhyme scheme. It's really not too different from standard poetry as it utilizes many aspects such as similes and metaphors and all the rest of the fun stuff. I do think that since however it's kind of 'evolved' as a way of expression of late, and is oft strongly linked with music/hip-hop and that whole subculture etc... it's not always thought of as 'poetry' really.

But then again if you look at prose poetry... it doesnt seem like poetry either. If you look at a lot of free style poetry it doesnt seem like it either sometimes. But different people are drawn to different styles. I personally dont usually like 'rap', when spoken, though I appreciate it's flow in writing and when put together well will marvel at it's creativity.

Speaking of which, you're poem was nice, I like how the beginning linked back to the end, creative. However the beginning was a bit choppy; it might be good to look a bit more into the rhythm and flow of poetry, since you are using a rhyme scheme. That also links back to usage of meter ... which is important in most poetry, and often defines the feeling of what people consider 'normal' poetry, so also checking into that might give you some ideas (Interestingly enough it also had a section on Arabic poetry).

In general, a rounder feel of the ingredients thrown into poetry, the forms and structures, might give you a more definite idea how you want to go with yours. But I'm not expert, I just like poems so I'm just putting thoughts out there. Have fun, and May Allaah grant you eloquence to express yourself and utilize your talent for good.

Thanks a lot sis I personally thought that rap was just poetry with a beat, but i guess thats not true. I will try to improve my poetry/rap when i can. thx again.

xAllahKnowsBestx

I heard a couple of his raps/poems and
He is awesome and im not nearly as good.
Thanks anyway tho my ground has been with in the hood.
He had always withstood.
Realization of the truth is usually misunderstood
but this dude even makes rap look good.

Hahaha nice. :D :D He's great masha'Allah.