My mom lied to me..

Shannonx

:salam2:
My mom said she was cooking roast beef tonight. Honestly, I thought she cooked it differently because it did taste different..anyways while i'm almost done eating it my brother asked what it was and she said it was pork. She said she didn't want to tell me it was pork because she knew I wouldn't eat it. She doesn't know i'm a Muslim, but when I reverted I told her that I don't like pork anymore. So, she didn't tell me tonight that it was pork so I would eat it.

Since I didn't know I was eating pork, is it okay? Seriously, I felt like throwing up after eating it...even though it's haraam to eat, just altogether it's disgusting.
I don't know what to do :girl3:

ja_tu_miluju

my mom has done the same to me, though she does know i'm Muslim...I've had the same question...what are we supposed to do when something like this happens.

Faisal_01

Art is my Expression
My mom said she was cooking roast beef tonight. Honestly, I thought she cooked it differently because it did taste different..anyways while i'm almost done eating it my brother asked what it was and she said it was pork. She said she didn't want to tell me it was pork because she knew I wouldn't eat it. She doesn't know i'm a Muslim, but when I reverted I told her that I don't like pork anymore. So, she didn't tell me tonight that it was pork so I would eat it.

Since I didn't know I was eating pork, is it okay? Seriously, I felt like throwing up after eating it...even though it's haraam to eat, just altogether it's disgusting.
I don't know what to do :girl3:

No it's fine. I accidentally ate pork before. It says in the Quran that if you were tricked into eating Pork, or you ate it by mistake, you didn't commit a sin.

Sorry to hear what your mom did to you. It's quite offensive. What did you end up telling your mom?

Shannonx

Ahh okay, thank you :)

I just stopped eating it. I didn't really say anything to her about it, though now I realize I should have so it wouldn't happen again.

kecman

و سلام
try to vomit, it si strange that you dont feel difference in taste?
In area where I live there is no pigs, even we eat only halal meat from village and meat of our neighbours and relatives. I have some colleagues they are non-muslims but they will never con to me what I dont eat.

Allahu_Hassbi

:salam2: sister Shannox,
So sad to hear that you were tricked into this.
May Allah SWT give you patience.
Sister anything done out of ignorance,unknowingly has no blame on it as it been done unintentionally.
Sister have patience for verily Allah SWT is with the most patient.

Allah SWT is the Most merciful of all.
Remember this verse Allah SWT says in the Holy Quran:
Verse: 8:30

واذ يمكر بك الذين كفروا ليثبتوك او يقتلوك او يخرجوك ويمكرون ويمكر الله والله خير الماكرين

Transliteration: Wa-ith yamkuru bika allatheena kafaroo liyuthbitooka aw yaqtulooka aw yukhrijooka wayamkuroona wayamkuru Allahu waAllahu khayru almakireena
Translation:
"And (remember) when the disbelievers plotted against you (O Muhammad SAW) to imprison you, or to kill you, or to get you out (from your home, i.e. Makkah); they were plotting and Allah too was planning, and Allah is the Best of the planners."

Sister you were fobbed by you mother(no offence).This shows how evil shaitan's plans are who lures people into such deceiving acts.Though he plans, sister always know that Allah SWT plans too & He SWT Himself states in His book that He is the best of the planners.So you don't have to fret over this.Just ask Allah SWT for patience & may He SWT always guide you to success & may He SWT also deceive the people who deceive you.Ameen

:wasalam:

Bluegazer

Assalamu Alaikum [Peace be unto you],

Brother Faisal_01 wrote the following in post #3:

No it's fine. I accidentally ate pork before. It says in the Quran that if you were tricked into eating Pork, or you ate it by mistake, you didn't commit a sin.

It's better that we should read the translation of the meanings of the Qur'anic verses that deal with this issue. They are as follows [please take special note of the parts I set in bold type]:

He has forbidden you only the Maitah (dead animals), and blood, and the flesh of swine, and that which is slaughtered as a sacrifice for others than Allâh (or has been slaughtered for idols, on which Allâh’s Name has not been mentioned while slaughtering). But if one is forced by necessity without wilful disobedience nor transgressing due limits, then there is no sin on him. Truly, Allâh is Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful.

[2:173]

Say (O Muhammad صلى الله عليه وسلم): "I find not in that which has been revealed to me anything forbidden to be eaten by one who wishes to eat it, unless it be Maitah (a dead animal) or blood poured forth (by slaughtering or the like), or the flesh of swine (pork); for that surely is impure or impious (unlawful) meat (of an animal) which is slaughtered as a sacrifice for others than Allâh (or has been slaughtered for idols, or on which Allâh’s Name has not been mentioned while slaughtering). But whosoever is forced by necessity without wilful disobedience, nor transgressing due limits; (for him) certainly, your Lord is Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful."

[6:145]

He has forbidden you only Al-Maitah (meat of a dead animal), blood, the flesh of swine, and any animal which is slaughtered as a sacrifice for others than Allâh (or has been slaughtered for idols or on which Allâh’s Name has not been mentioned while slaughtering). But if one is forced by necessity, without wilful disobedience, and not transgressing, - then, Allâh is Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful.

[16:115]

Sister Shannonx, I think that from now on you should be certain that the meat served is not pork before you eat it and not just take your mother's word for it. I'll leave it up to you to figure out a way -to make sure you're not being served pork to eat- without getting into a fight or row with your mother.

Regards,

Bluegazer

Wassalamu Alaikum

IslamIsLight

Islam is my life
Staff member
salam aleikum
I had some similar exprerience :p but from my sister in law ,but it was my fault ,coz I checked after I ate it ,I ran out of the house coz I got totally sick :p
Just make sure u always check sister ,I know u couldnt think of your mom doing it ,its not your fault ...
May Allah SWT make it easy on u ...

waaleikum salam

Shannonx

I know, I never would of expected her to do that.
Atleast now I know now that I should check what i'm eating. I'm ganna be careful for now on.

Meraj

Brother
sister i feel sad what ur mom did...but here i want to make a point...even if it wasnt a pork but you have to be sure abt the beef too...you have to make it clear before eating that is it halal even if it is a beef....as bluegazer quoted already the verse of the Quran...where you have to check the all conditions for a meat to be halal...
may Allah (subhana wa ta'ala) help you in ur way and make it easy for you (ameen)..

Shannonx

Thank you brother for the reply.
Yes, I know that now. I wasn't thinking before, but now I realize that I have to make sure.

Jazakallahu khair

alkathiri

As-Shafaa'i(Brother)
Thank you brother for the reply.
Yes, I know that now. I wasn't thinking before, but now I realize that I have to make sure.

Jazakallahu khair

Were you like this when it happens to you....

[yt]rvc0eP0qpAM&feature[/yt]

warda A

Sister
inform

Dear sister Shannox
My opinion is that you should inform your mother that you have reverted,
it may be a big impact on her but if she respects your choices then she will understand and hopefully will not willingly cheat you.
Trying to live in a multi-religious enviroment (house) can be really stressful,so be patient and may Allah guide you and all the ummah ameen

jabba

Salafi Dawah is the best
Since your mom is serving you haram meat, not just the pork but any animal that isn't slaughtered the Islamic way. Why don't you suggest to your mom that you will do some of the grocery shopping for her and stock up on halal meat. I know there are many stores in Southern California that offer halal meat, so inshAllah you shouldn't have any trouble:wasalam:

bintul islam

biz musulmanikh
:salam2: Yes I totally agree with brother Kecman.
There is a narration where the campanions of the Prophet asw would vomit if they even suspected what they ate was not halal. So be very careful of what you eat as the first part of your body to waste away once you die will be your stomach.
Secondly, as kecman already asked, I find it weird how you couldn't tell the difference in taste, smell, texture...mmm Allah sw knows best

و سلام
try to vomit, it si strange that you dont feel difference in taste?

jabba

Salafi Dawah is the best
Dear sister Shannox
My opinion is that you should inform your mother that you have reverted

Sister I agree tell your mom, things are not going to get any better by keeping secrets, yes it's a hard thing to do but life is full of difficult decissions, Islam is not about keeping secrets from your family, you've waited long enough sister. OK I'm going to be blunt, what happens if you pass away unexpectedly you won't have an Islamic burial and you will have died hiding something. Trust me as you get older lifes decissions are just going to get harder:wasalam:

Shannonx

:salam2: Yes I totally agree with brother Kecman.
There is a narration where the campanions of the Prophet asw would vomit if they even suspected what they ate was not halal. So be very careful of what you eat as the first part of your body to waste away once you die will be your stomach.
Secondly, as kecman already asked, I find it weird how you couldn't tell the difference in taste, smell, texture...mmm Allah sw knows best

I said before that I knew it tasted differently. I just didn't know it was pork. I didn't think my mom would lie to me about what I was eating.

But ty for the reply.