My Struggle

lostgirl

:salam2: everyone
I have been thinking for a long time about converting to Islam. I am a 15 year old girl, so it is difficult to convert to islam when I live with my Christian family. Also I go to a private Anglican school where there are a few Muslims but no one wears hijab, I don't think it would be allowed. What should I do? I very much want to follow the light and convert to Islam but I am afraid. Would it be wrong to become Muslim but not wear hijab until I am in University? I would like some advice on becoming Muslim in my situation.
Thank you very much.

IbnAhmad

wassalam sister

first of all welcome to the forum...:) :)
hope you benefit a lot inshaAllah..

good to hear that you want to revert islam...be patient and keep learning about the deen..pray to allah that he makes easy for you...

remember a believers best weapon is dua :D

talk to your parents about islam...hint to them and see how they react..try to find a local mosque and speak to an imam and get advice..

i sincerely hope allah makes it easy..and i am sure brothers and sisters will help you best they can on TTI...

please keep in touch with this forum..:D :D good luck

Muslim18

Blessed Muslimah
Peace be with you too

And WELCOME

I am sorry to hear about your situation, and i dont know much about private school's but i know that everyone has the right to practice thier religion no matter where they are and if i was in your situation though it very difficult, many people may mock you and turn from you but if you look at the bigger picture you will see that Islam and your Lord demands you stand up for the truth and to believe in him and worship him alone with not partners...

your environment looks to be difficult, do you believe in One true god, or do you wish to be with people who attach partners to the All mighty Lord? He is above what they attribute to him...

I suggest you seek more knowledge so you can have a firm base to build you belief and Allah will give you a strong firm believe that no one can shake.

peace if you have any questions please don hesitate to ask we are all here to help.:ma:

:wasalam:

Muslim18

Blessed Muslimah
Sorry and about the hijab i suggest that firstly you seek more knowledge and take it step by step and dont move to hasty so each step you know why and what your doing. As for hijab you can observe that when or after you take your shahada the declaration of faith ....

Hope i helped and didnt confuse you :hijabi:

And try not to worry you are seeking the right and true religion the best way of life....just enjoy and learn while your on this beautiful journey to your lord and my lord :hearts:

AbdAllah84

I have been thinking for a long time about converting to Islam. I am a 15 year old girl, so it is difficult to convert to islam when I live with my Christian family. Also I go to a private Anglican school where there are a few Muslims but no one wears hijab, I don't think it would be allowed. What should I do? I very much want to follow the light and convert to Islam but I am afraid. Would it be wrong to become Muslim but not wear hijab until I am in University? I would like some advice on becoming Muslim in my situation.
Thank you very much.

:salam2 (Peace be with you)

Welcome to TT1. I hope you enjoy your stay here and above all can learn from many knowledgeable brothers and sisters.

It's good to hear that you want to revert to Islam. Whilst it is true that Hijab is obligatory is Islam, but one has to prioritize things. There are others issues that are more important such as having the right Aqeedah*, dailys prayers etc.

If Hijab is the only issue that is preventing you from accepting Islam, that my advice would be that say the Shahadah and take things step by steps. There are many sisters here who have gone through your situation (and probably even worse) and they would be able to help and guide you along, and Inshallah soon you'll be able to wear the Hijab as well.

Verily, with every difficulty there is relief. (AL-Quran 94:6)

Aqeedah (to believe and affirm something in the heart): Belief in Allah, His Angels, His Books, His Messengers, the Last Day and belief in al-Qadar.

Al-khalid

reply to "lost girl"

salaam,

Every soul is born a Muslim, it is our parents and their parents that we have changed our ways. They are women who are muslim who don't wear the hijab, or are not ready to wear it. So they choose to wear modest clothes and wear a scarf on their heads until they are ready.

Your parents are christian, you should sit down with them and speak with love and kindness, and explain your choices and beliefs- Once they see the difference in your character and outlook, inshallah they will come around-

Step by step, inshallah you will get there-
Hold Strong the path of success..

muthmainnah

subhanallah sister, may Allah bless and guide you always....
if you have believed in One God, that Muhammad is His final Messenger, that Jesus is His servant and not God or son of God, and you declare it privately or in public, then you are a MUSLIM! Alhamdulillah
And you must follow it with daily prayers, etc. About the hijab you can do it step by step , and it will be better if you find a teacher to guide you undrstand more about Islam and strengthen your iman.
May Allah make things easier for you

lostgirl

:salam2: again everyone!
Alhamdulilah, I have accepted Islam and taken shahadah! :shahadah:
I know almighty Allah will test my faith in Him and I am ready. My plan is to take my journey one step at a time. Today I have started to learn about salaat, so tomorrow morning at Fajr inshallah I will pray for the first time. :tti_sister:
I ask all of you to keep me in your duas and I thank you very much for your support.

slaveofAllah88

Slave of Allah (swt)
I know almighty Allah will test my faith in Him and I am ready. My plan is to take my journey one step at a time. Today I have started to learn about salaat, so tomorrow morning at Fajr inshallah I will pray for the first time. :tti_sister:
I ask all of you to keep me in your duas and I thank you very much for your support.

:salam2:
Allahu Akbar sister, Welcome to Islam sister, Mashallah ,
All praise to Allah (swt), it is he who takes us from darkness to lights and guides us on his path to Jannah, we only workship him and ask him for help.

May he protect you always and bless you with his mercy and love - ameen

Sister this is a wonderful time all your sins are forgiven ur given a new life, May Allah (swt) guide u on the straight path- ameen

If you need any help sister, im sure there are many sisters willing to help you with open heart, but if you ever need help from a brother you can msg me anytimes

your brother
Shaheer

zahrany

MAY~u~B~HPPI~!4EVER!

ALLAHU AKBAR!!!!
WOWW SISTER WELCOME TO ISLAM!!!
AM VERY HAPPY FOR YOU ALHAMDULILAH :D :D :D :D
May Allah bless you!!! :ma:
WELCOME!!!

IHearIslam

make dua 4 ma finals
Allahu AKBAR!

A BIG BIG WARM HUG FOR YOU MY DEAR SISTER:)
Allahu Akbar! Allahu Akbar! Allahu Akbar!
Welcome to ISLAM and to TTI:)
AlhamduliAllah for the GUIDANCE Allah has given you. YES, sister TAKE ONE STEP at a TIME and InshaAllah you will GET there.
Iam happy, happy happy for you!

:tti_sister: Oh Allah, the ONE who GUIDES, the most high, the MOST merciful, Make this journey easy for your servent. Give her patience and PROTECT her from all evil. Ya Allah, ya rahman, you have guided her to your PEACFUL realigion, you have given her A GIFT, please STRENGTHEN her FAITH. HELP her through this AND guide her parents as well and ALL those who are looking for the TRUTH. Ya Allah forgive our sins as well, we PRAISE you and we WORSHIP NONE but YOU ALONE. Make us among the dwellers of Al-jannah. Alahoma Ameen, Alahoma Ameen,Alahoma Ameen.
Allah be with you NOW and ALWAYS sis.
WELCOME! WELCOME! WELCOME!:hearts::hearts::hearts:

samiha

---------
Staff member

SubhanAllah ... this made me so happy!! I'm proud of you my little sister (not by much admittedly) for taking this decision and all praise is to Allah for guiding you to the truth.

MaashaAllaah I love the attitude you have already, it takes many born Muslims years to realize this (that their faith is not just determined by birth but will be tested) and even then many do not understand it. Therefore the fact that Allah has bestowed upon you this insight, especially at this young age is so nice to see TabarakAllah, May Allaah increase you in this!

As the others said, take things step by step, keep learning, keep increasing your Imaan / faith; as actions come with the increasing of Imaan, and once you feel you are ready then Allaah will make a way for you in all matters.

Take care sister, I hope to hear more from you

wasalam

Muslim18

Blessed Muslimah
ALLAHU AKBAR ALLAHU AKBAR ALLAHU AKBAR

WOOW I can call you my sister WELCOME TO THE TRUTH so much has happened in less than 24 hours i went to sleep last night thinking of you and praying Allah guide you and us All subhannallah I am soo happy for you sister i will make dua that Allah make your journey an easy one.

Can you tell us more about how you came to Islam and who you took your shahada i would love to hear it :ma:

May Allah always keep you guided ameen

allah is with me

Rabana Wa laqal Hamd
Thank you very much.

sister allah will surely forgive you , as he is the most mersiful, oft-forgiving , just keep trust in allah

a_stranger

:salam2: young sister
You are a new hope for our lost humanity stay firm on this straight path till you step in Janna(Paradise) by the mercy of Allah swt.

IbnAhmad

salaam

:D :D :D :SMILY209: mashaAllah!!! Allahu Akbar!!! :D :D :D

this is such good news...may allah swt make everything easy...amiin :)

wassalam

Zaynab123

Subhana Allah!
Asalamu alaykum (peace be unto you)

:SMILY206: to TTI and ISLAM. I hope everything goes easy for you during your conversion and after it. May Allah almighty guide you amen.