Nation Of Islam (Black Muslims)

F

fabs

What exactly is the general view held towards the Black Muslims led by Farrakhan in the US? Given that they consider themselves Muslims, do they have ant ties with the rest of the Islamic World?

loveislam1

The founder....... Elijah Muhammed says he is a prophet, Muslims believe that Muhammed salalhu alahi wa salam is the seal of teh Propehts therefore if any person of NOI believes that Elijah Muhammed is a prophet then they are outside the religion of Islam
A few families at my masjid came to Islam through NOI in teh 70's allhamdullilah, if you would like I can get you in touch with them to ask thier experience

revert_north

NEW MUSLIMA
What exactly is the general view held towards the Black Muslims led by Farrakhan in the US? Given that they consider themselves Muslims, do they have ant ties with the rest of the Islamic World?

Aside from the fact that Elijah Muhammad preached that his predecessor Wallace Fard Muhammed *was* God (which is shirk - polytheism), Sunni Muslims reject the NOI also because it preaches the superiority of black people over any other race, whereas TRUE Islam dictates that no one race is better than another.

The Prophet Muhammad (PBUH) said the following:

"All humankind is from Adam and Eve...a white person has no superiority over a Black person nor does a Black have any superiority over a white except by piety and good action"

It's probably worth noting though that involvement in the NOI has led a number of people to later revert to SUNNI Islam - Malcolm X being one famous example.

F

fabs

The founder....... Elijah Muhammed says he is a prophet, Muslims believe that Muhammed salalhu alahi wa salam is the seal of teh Propehts therefore if any person of NOI believes that Elijah Muhammed is a prophet then they are outside the religion of Islam
A few families at my masjid came to Islam through NOI in teh 70's allhamdullilah, if you would like I can get you in touch with them to ask thier experience

Thx that would be interesting since that they were for many the first boost for Islam in the USA (albeit a false one).

Mrmuslim

Smile you are @ TTI
Staff member
salaam alikom

Now the whole subject is been changed just because of people attitude and reply.
Addan and Fabs please follow the rules, if any one have a good answer for the question go head with your post, if not then please it will be better to be quiet better than a rude reply. please keep your post with the subject and the question

Remember, its Allah who guide people your answer can be a reason and your manners with Non Muslim can be a way for them to learn more about Islam.

wa jazaakom Allah Khiran

wa salaam alikom

i think also that to show a good behaviour is easier to know about islam better then give a good answer of a question.

to understand a answer people use their logic or brain.
but to understand good behaviour peole use their heart.

Tahar

No Fabien, the only thing in common Farakan's "Nation of Islam" has with true Islam is the name. They are far from true Islam. Another similar sect is Ahmadiyya, they too do not practice true Islam; and that's why they are not permitted entry into Mecca.

PS: There is no doubt, however, that Islam played an important part in the African-American civil rights movement.

IslamIsLight

Islam is my life
Staff member
assalamu aleikum brothers and sisters.I would like to share a story about a Nation of Islam with all of you.I don't know exactly about their views and principles,but I can tell what I had experienced.
When I first converted to Islam,of course i wanted to find a Mosque,where everybody will accept me and help me in my way.I lived in the small city where there are no muslims and no Mosques at all.So I found a Mosque that was little bit far from the place I lived,it is in Milawakee ,WI,USA.It was called a nation of Islam Mosque.As I was new Muslim,i didn't know much of a difference ,as Islam is for everyone,no matter what race we are.So I finally got to the Mosque.I was with another girl. She was from Morocco.We entered the Mosque,and then I was shocked ,when those so called muslims didn't let me in,even in the lobby,just to wait for my friend.I will never forget that freezing weather outside.They told me to go outside, and one of them went out with me to talk.He said :I'm so sorry my sister,but I'm black and u are white."He said that u white society are Ok and the black sociaty needs to be healed,because they are abused and all that kind of words.He told me that I'm his sister,but no matter fact he left me outside in that cold to wait in my car.
I took the Quran ,and started to read alone with myself...I felt so descremenated,that I cannot even explain.
It says in the hadith
Abd Allah reported that the Prophet (PBUH)said:
To abuse a Muslim is transgression and to fight him is unbelief"(B.2:36)
So what is exactly the Nation of Islam I don't know,and Don't really want to know...
Salam

alkathiri

As-Shafaa'i(Brother)
assalamu aleikum brothers and sisters.I would like to share a story about a Nation of Islam with all of you.I don't know exactly about their views and principles,but I can tell what I had experienced.
When I first converted to Islam,of course i wanted to find a Mosque,where everybody will accept me and help me in my way.I lived in the small city where there are no muslims and no Mosques at all.So I found a Mosque that was little bit far from the place I lived,it is in Milawakee ,WI,USA.It was called a nation of Islam Mosque.As I was new Muslim,i didn't know much of a difference ,as Islam is for everyone,no matter what race we are.So I finally got to the Mosque.I was with another girl. She was from Morocco.We entered the Mosque,and then I was shocked ,when those so called muslims didn't let me in,even in the lobby,just to wait for my friend.I will never forget that freezing weather outside.They told me to go outside, and one of them went out with me to talk.He said :I'm so sorry my sister,but I'm black and u are white."He said that u white society are Ok and the black sociaty needs to be healed,because they are abused and all that kind of words.He told me that I'm his sister,but no matter fact he left me outside in that cold to wait in my car.
I took the Quran ,and started to read alone with myself...I felt so descremenated,that I cannot even explain.
It says in the hadith
So what is exactly the Nation of Islam I don't know,and Don't really want to know...
Salam

Assalamualaikum warahmatullahi wabarakatuh

I thought it was a blessing in disguise that u were not allowed to enter the mesjid. Alhamdulilah

F

fabs

It says in the hadith
Salam

I feel sorry hearing that. How were you to know?

boupj

I actually met a member of the Nation yesterday, it was a bit weird, but he clarified a few things Firstly they do not beleive that Elijah Muhammad is a prophet, but a messenger sent to the blacks to rise them to there rightful position in society (especially in the US where at the time, and unfortuately til today they are often treated with prejudice). The definition of prophet and messenger are obviously debateable, but the members of the Nation make a distinction so we must respect their beleifs. Secondly contrary to public opinion they do not beleive in the racial supriority of black people but do beleive that black people were created first. This is what the man I met said, and if that is there beleifs then I respect them if they are respecting the Quran and Hadith and anything that might not be the same as in other sects of Islam that is up to them, and in the end Allah will judge all of us.

It is also important to note that most black american Mslims are not members of the Nation of Islam, they are a minority within Islam and within african american Muslims.

But it is incorrect to assume that the Nation was the first boost in African-American Islam, it was just the first extremely publicices one, from what I know many African Slaves brought to the US were muslim (about one third) and many African American reverts beleive that embracing Islam is a part of their history and culture and see it as a way of restoring their rights, because often African Muslims were forced to convert due to their "owners" CHristian beleifs.

Please correct me if I've said anything wrong here.

virtualeye

Tamed Brother
Thx that would be interesting since that they were for many the first boost for Islam in the USA (albeit a false one).

>>Thx that would be interesting since that they were for many the first boost for Islam in the USA (albeit a false one).

MalcomX was also fooled by this boost until he visited Makkah for Hajj. There is video of MalcomX in this website.

Have started studying Quran thoroughly? or just hanging around in this website?

VE

F

fabs

I actually met a member of the Nation yesterday, it was a bit weird, but he clarified a few things Firstly they do not beleive that Elijah Muhammad is a prophet, but a messenger sent to the blacks to rise them to there rightful position in society (especially in the US where at the time, and unfortuately til today they are often treated with prejudice). The definition of prophet and messenger are obviously debateable, but the members of the Nation make a distinction so we must respect their beleifs. Secondly contrary to public opinion they do not beleive in the racial supriority of black people but do beleive that black people were created first. This is what the man I met said, and if that is there beleifs then I respect them if they are respecting the Quran and Hadith and anything that might not be the same as in other sects of Islam that is up to them, and in the end Allah will judge all of us.

It is also important to note that most black american Mslims are not members of the Nation of Islam, they are a minority within Islam and within african american Muslims.

But it is incorrect to assume that the Nation was the first boost in African-American Islam, it was just the first extremely publicices one, from what I know many African Slaves brought to the US were muslim (about one third) and many African American reverts beleive that embracing Islam is a part of their history and culture and see it as a way of restoring their rights, because often African Muslims were forced to convert due to their "owners" CHristian beleifs.

Please correct me if I've said anything wrong here.

Thank you very much, I just learned a lot. Tell your friend thank you as well

F

fabs

>>Thx that would be interesting since that they were for many the first boost for Islam in the USA (albeit a false one).

MalcomX was also fooled by this boost until he visited Makkah for Hajj. There is video of MalcomX in this website.

Have started studying Quran thoroughly? or just hanging around in this website?

VE

Where is that Muslim goodwill and patience I keep hearing about(and which I'm getting from some of the members here)? It certainly isn't coming form you. I study at my own pace.

Globalpeace

Banned
Nation of Islam & their temples!

Asslamo Allaikum,

I am a born Muslim of Pakistani origin & had many friends from Nation of Islam and used to visit their Fish & Bean-pie Cafes (they primarily trade in Fish) & Temples (its not called a Mosque by them!) all the time...

Had a good time; used to talk about the Sunnah and everything.

Very respectful and disciplined Brothers & Sisters.

I used to tell them that my name is "K*(&^" X" & they used to call me brother "X"...Good times

Gave plenty of Dawah & Masha'Allah some of the brothers took Shahada & became Muslims.

It says in the hadith
Salam

Imad

hello fabs,

Be polite and be serious, and the members will also be polite to you.

My advice: " Keep asking, but don't make jokes about our religion and we will be polite to you and give you answers insha Allah"

Thank you,

Imad

Imad

Assalmoelaikoem warahmatullahi wbarakatuh,

They have listed some of their believes on their site and this are some of them :
------------------------
6. WE BELIEVE in the judgment; we believe this first judgment will take place as God revealed, in America...

12. WE BELIEVE that Allah (God) appeared in the Person of Master W. Fard Muhammad, July, 1930; the long-awaited "Messiah" of the Christians and the "Mahdi" of the Muslims.

Subhanallah
------------------------------
Do you know who Master W. fard Muhammad is. He was the teacher of Elijah Muhammed

Dear sister Boupje what does he mean by messenger send by Allah?

They are not muslims....they are in some parts differend from ahamadia but also in other parts the same. Ahmadia claim also ahmad Mirza Ghulam to be "" the long-awaited "Messiah" Isa and the "Mahdi"

Ahmadia and Nation of Islam are not muslims

yes we have to be polite to non-muslims of they are polite to us. We have to teach them the truth and insha Allah they will take the shahada.

our prophet is last messenger ( Rasoel) and prophet ( Nabi). not every nabi is Rasoel, but every Rasoel is naby ( prophet).

Wassalmoelaikoem warahmatullahi wabarakatuh