Need help regarding "Words" used in a hadith

Majzoob

Asslam u alaikum warahmatullahi wabarakatuhu brothers and sisters,

I pray to Allah for all of you to be in the best of health and Eman. I would appreciate if someone can help me regarding the explanation of this hadith

Narrated Abu Huraira(RA):The Prophet(sallallahu alaihi wassallam)said,"You should listen to and obey,your IMAM(Muslim ruler) even if he was an Ethiopian (black) slave whose head looks like a raisin."

Actually one of the sister is not very much comfortable with the words "Whose head looks like a raisin. In her opinion this is derogatory term and Prophet Sallallahu alaihi wasallam would never use it. She does not accept the hadith at all due to this word OR she is insisting that this word would not be there at all......

I hope my question is clear brothers and sisters. Please help me that how should I respond to her

Wasalam,

JenGiove

I pray to Allah for all of you to be in the best of health and Eman. I would appreciate if someone can help me regarding the explanation of this hadith

Narrated Abu Huraira(RA):The Prophet(sallallahu alaihi wassallam)said,"You should listen to and obey,your IMAM(Muslim ruler) even if he was an Ethiopian (black) slave whose head looks like a raisin."

Actually one of the sister is not very much comfortable with the words "Whose head looks like a raisin. In her opinion this is derogatory term and Prophet Sallallahu alaihi wasallam would never use it. She does not accept the hadith at all due to this word OR she is insisting that this word would not be there at all......

I hope my question is clear brothers and sisters. Please help me that how should I respond to her

Wasalam,

:salam2: I have never heard this hadith and I am not a muslim but I read that and could only think of one thing....old age. I hope you get some answers that can help you.

ShahnazZ

Striving2BeAStranger

Wasalam,

Akhi, what is the isnad to this Hadith?

Idris16

as-Salâm `Alaykum Warahmatullâh

I am an African and our heads compared to other people look like raisins! The hadîth is Sahîh and our prophet salAllahu alayhi wasallam say good things. When he salAllahu alayhi wasallam mentioned words like raisins it is so that the companions understand the importance of obeying the ruler even if he isn't an Arab or look like a ''normal'' person....

So tell the sister if you can not to feel sad. We have more important issues to feel sad over... we should pray for forgiveness.

Aapa

Mirajmom
Assalaam walaikum,

I have read this before.

OK folks..the Prophet, had to teach the ignorant ones the Truth. The bottom line is this: it don't matter what a person looks like..the physical is not important. The important stuff is the spiritual aspect.
The ignorant ones left the path of destruction and became the ones who we wish to imitate. They loved the Path the Prophet presented.

Islam liberated slaves and made them rulers of the Ummath. It is that simple.

three17ent

Wasalam,

'Alaykum salaam wa rahmah Allaah.

What you should do is go ask a person of knowledge- 'Ulemah of Ahlus Sunnah who has the correct 'Aaqeedah and their methodology, for you to understand this Hadeeth in its proper context. Instead of asking the ones who have not the proper knowledge and understanding.

Majzoob

Jazakom Allahu khayran kathira for all the responses. They were very helpful.

wa alaikum salam warahmatullahi wabarakatuhu