Need help

alkathiri

As-Shafaa'i(Brother)
:salam2:

I have been assigned to give a short islamic talk for 10-12 year old kids. I need help in what i can talk about ,possibly on islamic values . I also need materials for the talk. Can any of my brothers or sisters help me

massi

lol talk about islam with innocent kids ...:lol:
well kids like to heard stories about profetes so try to talk about the life of our profete Muhamed peace be upon him ...ect

Sakeena

De acuerdo,

tell them about stories about Muhammad (peace) and the other prophets (peaces) inshallah. :)

Good luck! May Allah reward you.

massi

you can try Islamic website for kids ...I hope our brother and sister will help you
with this

Happy 2BA Muslim

Islamophilic

May Allah reward you greatly dear Brother!!

Calling our children to Allah is one of the most difficult activities. At the same time, it is one of the easiest. Its difficulty lies in the selection and employment of the proper approaches and methods to bring about a positive response. The easy aspect of inviting children to Allah is the speed in which children can be positively influenced.

Children are drawn to the latest technology. They appeal readily to movies and to pictures. These can be put to good use in the way we present the message to them. We need to use approaches that are tailored to the age group that we are dealing with. We need to focus on their interest in stories and on novelty – on things that inspire children to ask questions and to want to know more.

The life of our Prophet (peace be upon him) can be used to good effect in inviting children to Islam. A child needs to know early on what will benefit him in life. He needs role models who are a positive influence and who have the power to inspire. The child needs to be brought to understanding in a gradual way. It is wrong to use fear as a means of moral instruction. We need to show Islam as it is – the religion of mercy, goodness, and peace.

We need to recognize our present circumstances. We live in an age where our children are being exposed to vicious attacks against Islam being waged by the media and by society. We also live in an age of swift technological advancement.

We need to take the culture of the society in which we are living into consideration. We need to show how what the child witnesses in society is reflected in what is acceptable in Islam. We should not seek to emphasize conflict between Islamic teachings and societal norms. Let the child draw his own conclusions. Guide the child to realize what is right and wrong on his own. We should not underestimate children by assuming that they are unable to think for themselves. Quite the contrary, thinking skills develop quickly and early in children.

This means that we should not impose our ideas on children at the expense of their own perspective. Move forward from the point of view of the children themselves and leave it up to the children to ask questions and seek out answers.

I also think it is a very good idea to teach children about the lives of the prophet’s Companions, especially how they dealt with children and how the children themselves used to live in Islam.

We need to be completely truthful in what we present to children. It can be quite difficult to get children to change their minds when they are convinced of something. Unfortunately, many people operate under the false idea that it is easy to get children to change their minds and to guide then in the desired direction. However, studies in elementary education show otherwise.

I am one of those who advocate starting early with teaching children. However, I am also worried that some people are not properly equipped to deal with children in even a general sense. Then there is the more focused skill of being able to discuss Islamic matters with them.

Children are born with pure beliefs in their heart, with a natural predisposition to recognize Allah and his oneness. It is their environment that influences them and plays a powerful role in their later religious thinking.

I ask Allah Almighty to bless us with success and right guidance in our endeavors. I pray that He blesses every step we take in the path of inviting others to His way.

OsMaN_93

Here to help
5 pillars of Islam
6 pillars of faith
what is Islam
who is Allah
Who is Mohammah (Peace Be Upon Him)
explain that WE SHOULD NOT hate other religions :p
tell them that we should always say hamdulelah and pray
Why were we created and where will we go after
Whats mecca
HOW WE SHOULD TREAT PARENTS & THE REWARD
love Allah
Jesus ( the true one) not the one that got nailed :D
give audio nasheeds out :eek:
Adab, and smile at everyone

well u get to choose from them :p :lol:
|:salam2:

abubaseer

tanzil.info
Staff member
As Salaam Alaykum Brother Al Kathiri,

Tawheed., the first and the most important thing of Islam.

Inquirer

Assalamu alaikum Alkathiri,

What a wonderful thing to be called upon to do. Good luck and God bless with this task brother.

well kids like to heard stories about profetes

You know, Massi's use of the word, 'profete' (prophet :tongue: ), made me think of 'professional athlete', which is what I thought that Massi was intending at first in saying, 'profete'.

I wondered, as you're interested in sports, perhaps the stories of reverts such as Muhammad Ali would be inspiring to children? Perhaps if you researched his reasons for turning to Islam, this may give the children something to think about? He is certainly an inspirational character.

Aapa

Mirajmom
Salaam,

I had to respond. What a wonderful choice in selecting you. First and foremost you are young and a role model for the children. Muslim youth need to see pious men. Secondly, whatever you do Insha'Allah it will be blessed, please keep in mind that our children need to be involved in the learning process. It can not be linear. Have them make choices in the learning process...the Prophet (swas) always allowed others to question. This way it validates their accountability in the learning process. Please let us know the turnout. You are welcoming them to the home of peace and love...this brings your aapa joy.

alkathiri

As-Shafaa'i(Brother)

JazakAllah khair brothers and sisters for the nice words.

The talk is next month. they have told me the theme im supposed to talk about is knowledge and leadership.

farhopes

No God but Allah
Assalamo alikom

JazakAllah khair brothers and sisters for the nice words.

The talk is next month. they have told me the theme im supposed to talk about is knowledge and leadership.

Leadership is very interesting topic. Leaders are born leaders. It is a gift from Allah. Our role is to recognize this gift in our young children and provide the healthy environment, knowledge, faith and education to guarantee righteous and pious leaders for our Ummah inshaaAllah.

May Allah , help you, brother, gladden your heart and make your task easy for you. This website maybe helpful for your task inshaaAllah.

http://www.restoringthemind.com/therapeuticdetail.php?newsid=14

http://www.restoringthemind.com/therapeuticdetail.php?newsid=28