need som help here

aisha-uk

Salam Alaikum Wa Rahmatullah Wa Barakatuhu

InshaAllah this reaches u in the best of health and Imaan..

well i have a 3 yrs old daugther, almost 4, she is a clever little girl and is greedy after information on all sort, especially Islam.. Now i don't find it as a problem to answer her questions, as it's normally straight forward..
But yesterday she wanted to know why christians celebrate christmas and not Eid, i honestly didn't know how to answer her question, so she can understand the difference..
how would u explain a 3 year old the difference??

alkathiri

As-Shafaa'i(Brother)
:salam2:

MashAllah , thats a smart kid asking a tough question

Maybe you can explain to her Christmas is celebrated by Christians while EID is celebrated by muslims. The you can further explain what is Christianity , what is islam. The difference in beliefs between this two religion and maybe add some similarities between this 2 religion

aisha-uk

Jazak Allahu Khair brother...

lol i told her that christians celebrate christmas and muslims celebrate Eid, then i added, "and you are a little muslim" she became quiet for a while then she gave me a serious look, "No mama, i'm not a little muslim, i'm a BIG muslim!" MashaAllah..

i've also tried explained to her that christians don't believe in Allah SWT, the way we do and they don't accept Muhamed SAWS as the final messenger, Audhobillah.. but it is this part i don't think she can understand, perhaps i don't know how to explain it properly..

alkathiri

As-Shafaa'i(Brother)

MashAllah....

Maybe then you have to explain a bit more in details. Like what is a prophet? What prophets do?

Allah's prophets are His messengers to humanity. Their essence is human, and they are the purest of human beings. Allah sent each prophet as a warner to his community until the advent of the final prophet, Muhammad who came as a mercy to all of Allah's creatures. Allah the Almighty declared: «And We have sent you (O, Muhammad ) not but as a mercy for the 'Alamin (mankind, jinn and all that exists).» Surah 21: 107

To read more:
http://www.turntoislam.com/forum/showthread.php?t=10340

Bawar

Struggling2Surrender
Assalamu alaikum sister!

First of all, mashallah for such a lovely and wise daughter who is a BIG muslim, subhanallah.

I know it is not easy to answer kids' questions as it requires honesty and simplicity.

I would say to her that "they celebrate christmas because they don't know enough about Eid".

Perhaps she will ask, why do mslims not tell them about Eid?

Most of them don't want to hear about it and those who hear about it choose to celebrate Eid and not Christmas.

Wassalam

islam4lyf

Happy 2 b a muslim!!
Salams
i understand how you feel i teach 3-5 year olds in the local masjid
and they also ask me these kind of questions. well really what i do is i tell them the story of Prophet Isa Alaihisalam and explain the different beleifs of christians and muslims aand Alhamdullillah they are not confused as much as they were.

Maybe you should explain what we as muslims beleive about prophet Isa Alaihisalam, i feel its important our children understand the diferrent beleifs of him cos at xmas time they get taught all about Isa Alaihisalam and thats what xmas is all about and then maybe you can go on to explainin the stoies of other Prophets for example Prophet ibrahim alaihisalam as we celebrate our eid in rememeberance of him.
Mashallah your very lucky to have such a wise daughter.

Durriyyah

Forever Student

I think at that age you can explain that they celebrate Isa's birthday but we do not celebrate his birthday because he was a prophet and we celebrate Allah, not the prophet... that might be easy enough for your little (BIG) one to understand inshaAllah.